PDA

View Full Version : Can We Please Do Something About Glad's Toestab

KotoKuraken
09-23-2017, 07:28 AM
It's unblockable, it's instant, it's just about unavoidable, and it's spammable.

Deflect, feint, toestab.
Light, feint , toestab.
Move toward them, toestab
Goiing for a guardbreak, toestab

By itself, it's not a problem, but mix it with literally anything else, and it hits 90% of the time

Charmzzz
09-23-2017, 10:38 AM
It is pretty fast, true. But if you dodge it - free GB on that Gladi. And it does little damage. Add 100ms to it and it is fine imo.

vgrimr_J
09-23-2017, 12:29 PM
It is pretty fast, true. But if you dodge it - free GB on that Gladi. And it does little damage. Add 100ms to it and it is fine imo.

true just slow it down and its ok.

Netcode_err_404
09-23-2017, 12:59 PM
assassin with UB's.

What could go wrong

Tyrjo
09-23-2017, 01:44 PM
It's disgusting indeed.

SenBotsu893
09-23-2017, 03:52 PM
yes the frequency of the toestab is too high. in an encounter with glad the damage from the toestab adds up to a very high number since its impossible to react to every toestap that he is throwing out.

S0Mi_xD
09-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Really paradox, people claim that 600ms light attacks or centurion heavys are useless.
But as soon it is a melee attack with an assassin it is, OP, not reachable, instant bla bla :D

hah, how I love this irony. :rolleyes: :o

Oh and against OOS enemies it is 800 ms :3

SenBotsu893
09-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Really paradox, people claim that 600ms light attacks or centurion heavys are useless.
But as soon it is a melee attack with an assassin it is, OP, not reachable, instant bla bla :D

hah, how I love this irony. :rolleyes: :o

Oh and against OOS enemies it is 800 ms :3

lol who says centurions heavys are useless??? they are the most obnoxious attacks in the game.

S0Mi_xD
09-23-2017, 05:25 PM
lol who says centurions heavys are useless??? they are the most obnoxious attacks in the game.

I read those kinds of things all the time - I just find it ironic because toe stab is well telegraphed and a 600 ms attack, sure in mix ups it is great, but thats exactly the strength of the char.
If you have enough time to block or parry a 600 ms light, you can also dodge it - but many players who are not used to dodging have a harder time to adapt.

In my case (berserker main, second valk, third conqu) I love to use dodges - with berserker I constantly dodge(soft feints, recovery skip, deflect), valk and conqueror superior block.
Sure, I get hit by from time to time, it is supposed to be bit harder to defend against.

Toe stab deals 10 dmg, not much range, extreme long recovery (safe GB for every class on dodge, as far as I can see).

S0Mi_xD
09-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Centurions heavies are nasty, thats right.

600 ms heavies with 25 dmg, but still manageable, his second heavy in chains is really sick, 500 ms 25 dmg.
The problem here is, it is risky to parry them, because you don't know if they are normal heavies or charged heavies that are instantly soft feinted into a GB.
And it doesn't get interrupted, so the second heavy is pretty safe after the first hits.
Also if you manage to block both, it is still 10 chip dmg.

CandleInTheDark
09-23-2017, 05:44 PM
I've not played the gladiator but from what I read here it is a pretty balanced move.

If you manage to work in a telegraphed move that is at the same speed as slower lights you get to do 10 damage and,I am guessing based on experience against me, initiative on the next attack, if you miss it is a free guardbreak which if a wall is near is a free heavy. So risk and reward are pretty balanced there, if anything, it is skewed towards the defender as the punish is potentially much higher.

If they slow it down then really they need to also reduce the recovery so that it isn't a free guardbreak.

S0Mi_xD
09-23-2017, 05:49 PM
I've not played the gladiator but from what I read here it is a pretty balanced move.

If you manage to work in a telegraphed move that is at the same speed as slower lights you get to do 10 damage and,I am guessing based on experience against me, initiative on the next attack, if you miss it is a free guardbreak which if a wall is near is a free heavy. So risk and reward are pretty balanced there, if anything, it is skewed towards the defender as the punish is potentially much higher.

If they slow it down then really they need to also reduce the recovery so that it isn't a free guardbreak.

Bingo :)

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 12:03 AM
We've heard a lot about it and it's been brought up for evaluation by the team. As you may have noticed, there are proponents on both sides of this debate, so we'll weigh both sides before making any hasty decisions.

DoctorMcBatman
09-24-2017, 01:22 AM
This is one of the more-mentioned complaints that I actually don't identify with. I don't think the toe stab is that fast nor is it a game-changer if you end up taking one of them as a hit. Unlike Cent where when he lands one right attack you're ****ing done. I may be in the minority, but I actually think Glad is in a pretty good place.

ArchDukeInstinct
09-24-2017, 03:27 AM

Pretty much every centurion on these forums.

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 03:52 AM
You'd think steel toe'd boots would negate this type of attack...

S0Mi_xD
09-24-2017, 08:03 AM
It's not even consistently punishable. As an Orochi i like to threaten storm rush, which means back dashing, entering the stance and then usually doing nothing. Quite often I'll get lucky and just so happen to back dash as the glad goes for a toe-stab. If I cancel out and go for a top light, he can block it. If I try to guard break, he can CGB it or my GB just ****ing whiffs for no reason and gives the Glad a free guard break instead.
Toe stab isnt even the main issue with this class though, it's the damn zone attack. Eating an occasional toe stab for minimal damage doesn't bother me as much as eating a free heavy off of an entirely unreactable 100% safe zone attack.

Toe stab and Zone are both 600ms.
It isn't impossible to dodge both.

Toe stab give a free GB (if the GB whiff bug not happens).
Zone you can parry or deflect (or just block the follow up)

But 20 confirmed dmg is bit hard but then do not forget it is a zone - that means half of your stamina is gone.

so i am not so sure if it should be slowed down or not be guaranteed or less dmg.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
09-24-2017, 02:01 PM
I find the area more cancerous. The toe stab can be side dodged and countered but the area is just ******ed

gj4063
09-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Without timesnap on console, you don't always get the 600ms to react. The attack is made and decided before you get enough of the visual animation too react to in some instances. this is the sane thing that is happening with the people complaining about jump attacks "tracking".

S0Mi_xD
09-24-2017, 02:14 PM
I agree with you that due to time snap removal attacks can be hard to react, but thats not a hero related problem.

They are working on fixing it - - - so I don't think nerf for the hero are needed.

The problem with time snap brings inconsistencies, I had a fight against a PK . . . half of her zones where normal speed and the other half where instant really unreachable . . . I am able to parry zone attacks, but since the TS removal, I can't rely on it anymore.
PKs zone is already hard, because it is barley telegraphed and really fast.

gj4063
09-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Yeah i don't think toe stab needs a nerf. Zone does.

As far as "they're working on it", it hard to put your faith into any company willing to put up with the p2p sever issues this long while their player base dwindles because of it.