PDA

View Full Version : UI Design

vinniciussilva
09-23-2017, 01:12 AM
I think anno's user interface has to be clean, square and divided by cathegories. I personally do not like unnecessary animations on the menu system.

What i think is important:
- simplicity;
- clean design;
- easy to click
- easy to find what players need

What do you think guys :D

Twitter: @aerovinni

AgmasGold
09-23-2017, 09:35 AM
Making it similar to other Anno's will be all thats needed for me -- that way I get a feeling of familiarity with the interface. The most important thing for me about the UI is the right-click menu, as I use that so much when I am playing.

It might be an idea to add in production chains (not a calculator) on the tooltips of buildings,as the Unofficial Patch for Anno 1404: Venice did.

DoomDutch
09-23-2017, 03:08 PM
I just hope the UI is better look, and less dull, than Anno 2070 and as good as 1404. (Anno 2205 was confusing)

vinniciussilva
09-24-2017, 01:16 AM
I loved the 2070 colors. But 1404 is really great.

As I saw, Anno1800 will have some of Civ6 + Anno 1404 + The Settlers 7 interface.

Nox_29
09-24-2017, 11:58 AM
I would love to see a customizable UI. Let the players choose for their own which panels are on the screen and where they are. The game Banished did this in some way with every UI element being a separate window that you can move around. Although that solution was not very clean. I think it would be great if we could choose in the settings which panels are on, where they are on the screen, how big the elements are, customizable shortcuts, customizable toolbar and right-click menu etc.

AgmasGold
09-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Anno's menus, at least since 1404, have already been quite customisable. You click and drag buildings onto the right-click menu and the action bar (along the bottom of the screen), as well as dragging "actions" such as Demolish or Open the Construction Menu to the right-menu. There was also an option to extend the action bar to another row in the settings, so you could add even more buildings to it.

You could also click and drag goods from inside the warehouse to the top of the screen (up to about 8 or 9), to display them next to where your tools and wood normally appear. This was particularly useful for production islands as you could easily track the goods they were producing.

Some of the features you've mentioned above are already present in Anno :).

timhageman
09-24-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm just hoping the fast-forward button returns in the UI. This was the case up to anno 2070, but in anno 2205 the only option was to put something heavy on the + button to keep fast forward on, which was really annoying.

AgmasGold
09-24-2017, 05:37 PM
Same problem with 1404, had to put something on the + button.