PDA

View Full Version : Allow us to react to all parries and guard breaks.

Sir.Nguyen
09-22-2017, 11:19 PM
This would destroy defense meta as you don't get paranoid to attack and if you do commit to offense you can still control if you get damaged or not. Of course with this change.

1. Blocking would need a nerf. Say you will take some stamina damage when you block or/and chip damage. This could be tweaked for each character or class of a character. Like assassins take more chip and stamina damage while heavies take none or very little.

2. Having this change may require some tweaks to most of the existing characters. We might even need animation changes also.

3. Being able to react to parries will make you less afraid to attack as parrying will not guarantee damage anymore, but should do some stamina damage instead.

4. Would be much more interesting to watch than turtle meta.

5. Characters without openers might not even need an "opener" anymore since defense meta would die as offense isn't punished that much anymore.

We can have Hollywood sword fights now.

bmason1000
09-22-2017, 11:38 PM
So in simple terms, parry and gb guarantee nothing? Is that what you're saying?

Sir.Nguyen
09-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Yup. Parry won't automatically allow enemy to deal damage to you. Instead you can react and if you parry them they can parry you. It will be more of a fight then with back and forth parrying and feints, with guard breaks thrown in.

This will allow characters without openers a chance to deal damage and make turtle meta weaker.

Sir.Nguyen
09-22-2017, 11:52 PM
Guard breaks should stay as they are I believe. When I said react to parries and guard breaks I mean reacting to parries mostly since I always remember getting guard broken after a parry.

UbiJurassic
09-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Definitely some very interesting ideas for tackling the defense meta. The state of defense meta changes was actually brought up in our most recent Warrior's Den livestream. Right now the team is working on a number of changes to help address it and were even able to get feedback on them in a recent community workshop that was help at the studio. We'll look to communicate more on the changes as we get closer to nailing down a new suite of changes. While we are working on our own changes, we do appreciate the thoughts and solutions of players regarding it. How do others feel about his proposed changes?

Sir.Nguyen
09-23-2017, 04:40 AM
Whoa. Thanks for dropping by. Feels good to be acknowledged.

Specialkha
09-23-2017, 06:21 AM
What you say has been said numerous time before. And here we are 6 months after release.

SenBotsu893
09-23-2017, 08:05 PM
the problem is it would boil down to who has the fastest attacks then. why fo for parries when you can just interrupt your oppponent with faster attacks.