PDA

View Full Version : I guess there were some changes to Warlord?

CromCCCXVI
09-22-2017, 02:43 PM
I don't really read the updates.... but I know something changed.
I loved this game when it first came out, then I stopped playing when Centurian was 95% of the player base running on a stun fest..
and then I felt like it was fun again,

I hadn't been on in like a two weeks, been playing all morning, I feel like my Warlord is wearing light armor. Cranked defense all the way up at the expense of some stam traits, still dying if I get hit by 2 combo's in some cases.

I realize there is always a battle to achieve balance, but if Warlord is supposed to be one of the tankier players in the game, but it seems the same as when I popped on a Berserker for a few minutes.

In other words, Warlord kind of sucks now. Slow as heck, the light attacks which I use to use as counters seem nerfed, and now I can't take damage either?

No wonder I haven't seen one single other Warlord in like 10 games this morning, LOL.

I suppose I could just look up whatever the new META is and copy that, but nah.... not really how I want to play.

Tundra 793
09-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Here's what they changed about Warlord; https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-nordic/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:174-300269-16&ct=tcm:174-76770-32

There is no new meta, this was the latest patch and it only largely affected the Warlord since he's been a top tier powerhouse since day 1. Now you just have to re-learn his strengths, and as I understand it, he's still quite viable. Just don't play him like you've played him before.

Charmzzz
09-22-2017, 02:56 PM
There was no nerf to WL defense or HP. They didnt nerf his Light attack speed either. Afaik they lowered the damage numbers on first hits in combos and buffed those numbers on chain finishers. They tweaked his dodge recoveries to be in line with other heavy characters, before the nerf Warlord had dodge recoveries better than every other character in the game (even better than Assassins who rely on dodge...). Initiate ms for Headbutt got higher, too. Full-Block-Stance is now vulnerable to GB, you cannot CGB anymore.

Too many WL's just spammed Headbutt or turtled until parry into high damage, then used Full-Block-Stance to win the Round.

Yes, WL got nerfed. Yes, it was deserved. No, he is still not trash.

TSCDescon
09-22-2017, 07:19 PM
You can still ledge people from 20ft though, that's something.

gj4063
09-22-2017, 08:05 PM
You can still ledge people from 20ft though, that's something.

Yep! But your recovery time might be slower that assassin light spam...as is full block stance.

SplugeKing
09-22-2017, 08:47 PM
The only thing that makes no sense to me is, they said, we want him to use his full block more. Yet they nerfd it to 300ms I believe

Tyrjo
09-23-2017, 01:52 PM
WL is a former shadow of himself. The patch totally nuked the hero.

I advise you start playing Centurion.

Charmzzz
09-23-2017, 02:08 PM
WL is a former shadow of himself. The patch totally nuked the hero.

I advise you start playing Centurion.

True, the hero with the best kit overall, the highest true HP in Dominion, with the best throw, hyperarmor, a zone hitting like a heavy, best turtle capabilities and dodge recoveries better than the whole roster, is not like he was before. ;)

CandleInTheDark
09-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Regardless of whether the nerfs went too far or not, what I don't get is how people pretend no one was complaining about the warlord, I saw a lot of these comments on here and on Reddit after pax, the same places that I read different threads complaining about pretty much everything that the nerf hit. Them saying the warlord is in a good place has been used for memes for ages.

SenBotsu893
09-23-2017, 03:14 PM
still plenty of warlords running around.

the balance changes didnt effect him as much as people claim to be. warlord mains are just exagerating.

S0Mi_xD
09-23-2017, 03:47 PM
still plenty of warlords running around.

the balance changes didnt effect him as much as people claim to be. warlord mains are just exagerating.

Exactly, spoiled with safe dodges and Punish parries with instant OOS and a safe heavy, or sitting in Full Block like taking a dump without consequences.

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 12:14 AM
I don't really read the updates.... but I know something changed.
I loved this game when it first came out, then I stopped playing when Centurian was 95% of the player base running on a stun fest..
and then I felt like it was fun again,

I hadn't been on in like a two weeks, been playing all morning, I feel like my Warlord is wearing light armor. Cranked defense all the way up at the expense of some stam traits, still dying if I get hit by 2 combo's in some cases.

I realize there is always a battle to achieve balance, but if Warlord is supposed to be one of the tankier players in the game, but it seems the same as when I popped on a Berserker for a few minutes.

In other words, Warlord kind of sucks now. Slow as heck, the light attacks which I use to use as counters seem nerfed, and now I can't take damage either?

No wonder I haven't seen one single other Warlord in like 10 games this morning, LOL.

I suppose I could just look up whatever the new META is and copy that, but nah.... not really how I want to play.

We made some balance changes to WL based on what we saw of community feedback. We are aware of concerns with the degree of change however, and are exploring our options.

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 02:35 AM
I was in a match today in Dom, it was 3v2 for them, both teams breaking, I put an arrow storm on top of my teammate who was being double teamed, brought it to 2v2, before I could finish my feat animation a WL came around the corner, GB'd me and threw me at the wall, I didn't recover, he wrecked me without me even getting a block in.

The WL is still a very good hero. Just because he can't eat up attacks 4v1 and pop revenge over and over for 3 mins before he goes down, doesn't mean hes no good any more, hes just more balanced.