PDA

View Full Version : And again the question about game inventory.

Kievanson
09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Hi devs.
When will increase the capacity of the inventory?

Now the game has (first heroes) 25 weapons and 14 types of armor, this is 75 + 42 elements, total 117 elements. In season 4 there will be more. The inventory limit is 60 items. How to collect all things for the hero? I can't spend steel and chests on equipment, because I can't keep all things. :(

Please increase the inventory. Collectors in your game suffer.

SwellChemosabe
09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
I believe they addressed this in the Livestream yesterday. Have a look! :)

maybe a suggestion from someone who also likes to collect the rarer top tier gier sets: Once you have what you want for your ideal look and stats on your hero, just start scrapping everything else as it comes in and keep the really cool looking stuff for cosmetic purposes. maybe even equip them on the second or third set for that hero.

I do this with my berserker. I've already got all the gear maxed out and all the rare cosmetic stuff applied so anything else that comes in that's also rare I throw that on my second and third berserker, just so they have something and I can see what it looks like as well

for all three i'm pretty sure that only makes up about half of the inventory slots :) anything else that isn't worth anything just get all the scrap you can out of it and save it for the next level tier of gear that comes in the future.

CandleInTheDark
09-22-2017, 10:54 AM
They addressed it yesterday, they are looking for a way to do this but for performance reasons it isn't as easy as just changing a number.

Kievanson
09-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Too bad. " it isn't as easy as just changing a number" i hear so long ago. :(

I will continue to collect steel and chests. And someday I'll spend it.

S0Mi_xD
09-22-2017, 11:47 AM
They could make it an option, to spend a huge amount of salvage, to get the design in the "change your design" menu.

You have a design you like, you spend the gear part, and lets say 10.000 salvage as an example, "save" the design and don't need to keep every gear part in your inventory.

Vakris_One
09-22-2017, 12:15 PM
I believe they addressed this in the Livestream yesterday. Have a look! :)

maybe a suggestion from someone who also likes to collect the rarer top tier gier sets: Once you have what you want for your ideal look and stats on your hero, just start scrapping everything else as it comes in and keep the really cool looking stuff for cosmetic purposes. maybe even equip them on the second or third set for that hero.

I do this with my berserker. I've already got all the gear maxed out and all the rare cosmetic stuff applied so anything else that comes in that's also rare I throw that on my second and third berserker, just so they have something and I can see what it looks like as well

for all three i'm pretty sure that only makes up about half of the inventory slots :) anything else that isn't worth anything just get all the scrap you can out of it and save it for the next level tier of gear that comes in the future.
I spread out all the cool looking gear between the 3 character slots as well. But some classes like the Kensei and Highlander just have so much cool looking stuff that I don't want to scrap it :(

Feels collector man.

CandleInTheDark
09-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Here is the thing though, people seem to think all Ubisoft have to do is change a 6 to an 8 or whatever. And where exactly would 360 (over eighteen characters come November) times however many hundred thousand to million be stored? Not on our hard drives, but somewhere on the game servers.

Now three sets of gear, three weapons three armour, is 18, right? You can still do that another twice as it stands so eh if there are three you like you can even get them with different stats.

One option I would hope they consider, and I don't know if this is any more feasible, is come November we are going to have a total of 1080 slots between all eighteen characters. Now me, I'm never going to use shugoki, lawbringer or warlord, I would quite like to have that 120 gear slots I won't use available to others, so a total 1080 gear pieces as opposed to 60 per character.Again no idea how that would work or if it would work but if the devs say something would affect the game performance, well they work at it, I don't,I kind of assume they know better than I do on that score.

Charmzzz
09-22-2017, 12:54 PM
@CandleInTheDark: It would not affect the performance ingame but in the menues. Every time you load up your hero list (main menu, matchmaking) the Database has to sent your client all the information about your gear.

If they extend the inventory there are at least 3 possible bottlenecks:
- Database performance (add 1 CPU to it and pay 10k+ more per year if it is MS SQL)
- Traffic (double the amount of inventory - double the amount of traffic generated by the menu on every match -> upgrade your line for 1k per month)
- Client performance (longer waiting will transfer to complaints)

Edit:

SQL Server 2016 Enterprise costs $14,256 per Core. Standard Edition is at $3,717 per Core. And they have at least 8 Cores on those machines I guess...

CandleInTheDark
09-22-2017, 12:58 PM
@CandleInTheDark: It would not affect the performance ingame but in the menues. Every time you load up your hero list (main menu, matchmaking) the Database has to sent your client all the information about your gear.

If they extend the inventory there are at least 3 possible bottlenecks:
- Database performance (add 1 CPU to it and pay 10k+ more per year if it is MS SQL)
- Traffic (double the amount of inventory - double the amount of traffic generated by the menu on every match -> upgrade your line for 1k per month)
- Client performance (longer waiting will transfer to complains)

Ah thanks, like I said, I know pretty much nothing about it, I just don't think it is as easy as some people seem to think it is.

Devils-_-legacy
09-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Ivery done game design and learnt how to code one wrong bit of code and uve screwed yourself same goes with the architecture of the game if there's a flaw in one that problem flows to another part I feel sorry for the devs ik they have got a lot of hard work ahead