PDA

View Full Version : The forum troll

Averageperson10
09-22-2017, 07:41 AM
So just curious how long as it been since the trolling started on forums I just noticed all the post are male enhancement lol, like whoever that is hats off to you for being able to do this without being banned already

Tyrjo
09-22-2017, 08:51 AM
I think it is strange this keeps happening. Does the community management not want people to log on to here? It's quite annoying when the whole board is spammed with adverts.

CheekyKemosabe
09-22-2017, 09:00 AM
It's typically the worst sometime after midnight. I work nightshift and so i'm usually awake through all hours of the night and when I log on here to check and see what's going on in the forums I have to go back a couple of pages to find anything relevant because it's littered with these adds. Ubi moderators usually clean them up though so it's not always so bad.

DrinkinMehStella
09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
is there not a way to detect robots and stop them from entering?

Vakris_One
09-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Either Ubi's forum is dispraprotiontely targeted by spam bots or their forum anti-spam countermeasures are incredibly easy to defeat.

Other forums like Reddit, Steam, Gamefaqs, Bungie.net, Frontier Forums manage to be free of mass spamming on the level that this forum suffers. What are they doing that this forum isn't?

Tundra 793
09-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Last I heard the excuse was that strengthening the forum registration requirements would also make it harder/more annoying for regular people to register.

If that's the price we have to pay to have a forum that's actually ****ing legible for more than half a day at a time, I'll gladly pay it. This ******** has gone on for far, far too long. It's amateurish for a company the size of Ubisoft to not be able to keep their own forum clean.

DoctorMcBatman
09-22-2017, 05:32 PM
This isn't new. These forums have been spammed since this game was in alpha testing/development. Back when the old skin design was live. The spam is very annoying, and there's enough of it to constantly push genuine threads to the second page - I think tougher registration is absolutely worth getting rid of the spam.

I can't think of any other official video game forum that gets spammed this much. I'm surprised that one of the largest game makers in the world just doesn't really care about their forum's spam.

UbiJurassic
09-23-2017, 12:54 AM
We are aware of the issues regarding spam. We do have spam countermeasure that catch a fair amount of it, but there is still quite a bit that gets through. The team does their best and will continue to ensure that it is dealt with as soon as possible.

ChampionRuby50g
09-23-2017, 01:13 AM
It's typically the worst sometime after midnight. I work nightshift and so i'm usually awake through all hours of the night and when I log on here to check and see what's going on in the forums I have to go back a couple of pages to find anything relevant because it's littered with these adds. Ubi moderators usually clean them up though so it's not always so bad.

It's the middle of the day for me when it's at it's worst, but luckily now at this time when I wake up the forums are clean and active, and towards late at night around 7pm AU it's clean again, so I guess I get pretty lucky when i check the forums.