PDA

View Full Version : So.... what are you doing right now?

strigoi1958
09-21-2017, 11:30 PM
What are you doing at the moment for fun, it doesn't have to be games, music etc... it can be your hobby or an achievement.... but what are you reading, playing, listening to and doing?

I've been trying to find a reason why I should switch to the intel i9 but have found nothing that justifies the price. Researching pc components, upcoming games and motorcycles is the closest I get to reading ;) If they invent the bike from Tron I'll have everything in one ;)

I just started replaying Homefront the revolution (Yes I know it sucked on consoles but) on the PC it is really a good game and only cost me 5 ( $7, €7)

At the moment I'm mostly listening to the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy, and all The Pretty Reckless songs I really love Taylor Momsens smoky voice it's still hard to believe she's the little girl from The Grinch .

TV I've been watching Lucifer.... and the Great British Bake Off... There was also a great documentary about 6 disable people who go on an adventure driving and riding motorcycles across Vietnam ... which was brilliant.

No new movies but I have been watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels again... Michael Caine and Steve Martin are so funny.... plus some old Saturday night Live versions of Jeopardy ... they make me cry... so funny

darklion2043
09-22-2017, 09:12 AM
I've played GTA 5, Witcher 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Ryse Son of Rome. In my old laptop I couldn't play them well or played never. Waiting release date AC:O.

Main time I'm a Grocery and I'm in my shop from 9 to 24 eveyday.

I read and write in here near a month. May be I share and learn somethings from all of you. It's too nice reading and writing in here.

Watched Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5 last week. And waiting Star Wars 8. If I'm bored my games, I'll finish Game of Thrones series(watched 4 season and then I can't watch for some reasons).

santap555
09-22-2017, 09:26 AM
I play Black Flag,The Ezio Collection, Unity, Syndicate over and over and over....

naumaan
09-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Nice topic strigoi ..

I made a similar topic but related to gaming only and it was no good tho

but this topic is nice

I have watched the last sense8 season and bought metal gear solid phantom pain on steam,

trying to download it .. lets see how long it will take on my 4mb connection

strigoi1958
09-22-2017, 10:35 PM
@darklion2043 I played a lot of gta v it is very addictive :) I've played wildlands a few times. I started Ryse but never completed it but I will go back to it. I love star wars but I seem to prefer the early ones (even if they are not as well made as the new movies)

@santap555 You will be ready the moment you start playing Origins, I should replay ac games before a new game but I try to have a small break so I have not played Syndicate for a few weeks.

@naumaan.... I kind of stole that thread :o because it was a good idea.... I thought it gave us a chance to know a little bit about each other and look for things in common. :)

I have not seen or heard about sense8 but I just read about it and it is quite interesting... I will watch the first one (and probably get hooked ;) )

naumaan
09-25-2017, 03:48 PM
@naumaan.... I kind of stole that thread :o because it was a good idea.... I thought it gave us a chance to know a little bit about each other and look for things in common. :)

I have not seen or heard about sense8 but I just read about it and it is quite interesting... I will watch the first one (and probably get hooked ;) )

this is a good topic, your effort is much appreciated but dont forget the idea generator :D i mean me :P hehe

sense8 is a beautiful connection between 8 people, they can feel everything in between them, whatever is happening to one is felt by all 7. I have completed season 2 and now waiting for season 3, hopefully it will come in the Q4 of 2017, november or december.

@topic
came home at 6 pm from office, turned my laptop on and visited ubisoft forums to watch the new stuff happened in them and added some, now thinking to eat something and then I ll decide which game to touch,
played mgs5 bdw, I am equal to your achievements strigoi ... thinking of doing one mission daily.

LoyalACFan
09-25-2017, 07:53 PM
I just got to Kaer Morhen in The Witcher III NG+. Finally decided to go for the platinum, and by extension, a Death March playthrough. It's actually not that hard with the extra cash and potions in NG+ (knock on wood; still haven't fought Imlerith or Caranthir yet). Keep meaning to start watching Game of Thrones, but then again I've been saying that for like two years now and still haven't started the first season ;)

That's really the only thing I'm doing entertainment-wise right now, aside from posting on here. Focused on job hunting/professional development right now.

strigoi1958
09-26-2017, 12:19 PM
@naumaan

You should easily beat my achievements with MGSV ...... I usually give games 1 hour to show signs of them being enjoyable to me, (some I have uninstalled after 20 minutes) I played it for a few hours because the 1st hour in MGSV is awful, crawling round a hospital so I played longer to see if it would improve. It did but for all the positives it had too many things that great reduced my enjoyment. It's a good game but not for me, Luckily it was another free game so at least it didn't cost me 45/ $60 for an hour playing before binning like some games.

@LoyalACFan

I got witcher 1 and 2 free and played a little W2 but the combat put me off (plus I'm not a big fan of potions and magic games) so TW3 never made it into my library, my friends say it is very good but the campaign time is huge (which is good) but after Skyrim I don't think I could spend months in just one game again ;)

job hunting... yes I am doing that myself

This week I am listening to the OST songs from Mafia 3 and the songs from GTA V radio station Non stop pop fm :)

joshoolhorst
09-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Playing through most AC games again to prepare for AC Origins... And just finished a giant pudding on my own... I was hungry:)

strigoi1958
09-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Now I'm hungry ;)

darklion2043
09-26-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm very happy today. I buy a new ram and desktop's ram becomes 16gb at last. Finish my plan to have a beginner gamer pc. If there isn't any problem, 2-3 years I will use it. İnşAllah
I'm very hungry too;) and mum says ready 5-10 min our dinner.
I still play GTA 5 and waiting AC:O impatiently.

naumaan
09-26-2017, 05:51 PM
@strigoi

from what I gather, you are not a fan of mgs series, I am and I ve played all of them, and I am curious to see what will happen in the story of bigboss, the protagonist of mgs5, I get you tho, its a little complex idea then other mgs games, and the fight between kojima and konami is one of the reasons it was made that way, have you played its earlier parts?

@loyalfan and @strigoi
so you both are looking for jobs? ... well best of luck

well I have been watching another season of black mirror
last night I played mgs first mission again to complete its objective missions.

@darkion
congraltulations on your new pc, what is the 3d card you are using ?

you from turkey? I got another friend from turkey, he is a doctor and a big fan of ac revelations

darklion2043
09-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Thanks brother but apologize can't understand 3d card mean.
Yes and I'm a grocery and still Math student at University.
Life goes on and I'm happy now. Because I'm with my family, I 'm working our shop and hard but it can't stop me playing games and playing football.
What can I say I'm happy man too many times.
Like Ezio said at the end Revelation 'I've lived my life as best I could,not knowing its purpose,..'

cawatrooper9
09-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Good luck on the job hunt, guys!

@loyal- GOT is pretty great, and it's gotten really popular, but it can be really tough to get into. The first season is pretty slow, and the two seasons after than can be pretty hit or miss (apologies if this is heresy to anyone). It is ultimately one of the most rewarding experiences on TV, but people these days rarely mention how it can be sort of a slog.

Speaking of which, just finished season 7 of TWD. I know people seemed like they hated this season, but I actually kind of liked. Jeffery Dean Morgan chewed more scenery as Negan than the zombies chewed faces, he was fantastic.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2017, 03:36 AM
@loyal- GOT is pretty great, and it's gotten really popular, but it can be really tough to get into. The first season is pretty slow, and the two seasons after than can be pretty hit or miss (apologies if this is heresy to anyone). It is ultimately one of the most rewarding experiences on TV, but people these days rarely mention how it can be sort of a slog.

Yeah, that's the thing, it's just kind of daunting to jump into at this point. That, and I keep thinking I should read the books first, which is even more daunting lol. I already have a backlog of a dozen novels as it is.

Speaking of which, just finished season 7 of TWD. I know people seemed like they hated this season, but I actually kind of liked. Jeffery Dean Morgan chewed more scenery as Negan than the zombies chewed faces, he was fantastic.

JDM plays a brilliant villain and he's utterly captivating every time he shows up onscreen, but IMO that's the only thing this past season had going for it. That show has a pretty serious identity crisis at this point; it's trying to be a gritty drama, a slasher flick, and a soap opera all at once, and the pacing is just so damned slow that it's almost unbearable to watch it live. Plus, it feels like the cast is growing so fast that they have no idea how to manage it; original characters who we've grown attached to over many years just drop out of the show for several weeks at a time (i.e. Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, and even Rick at times) while they devote entire episodes to tertiary supporting characters who are disposable at best and obnoxious at worst (i.e. Eugene, Sasha, Rosita). I think I'm gonna skip this season and binge it next year; it might be more enjoyable without having to deal with the bad pacing in real time.

cawatrooper9
09-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Yeah, that's the thing, it's just kind of daunting to jump into at this point. That, and I keep thinking I should read the books first, which is even more daunting lol. I already have a backlog of a dozen novels as it is.

I love both the show and the books, and they're really pretty different from each other.
The books really aren't for everyone, but if you do enjoy reading (especially fantasy) then I might suggest them over the show.

... the pacing is just so damned slow that it's almost unbearable to watch it live. Plus, it feels like the cast is growing so fast that they have no idea how to manage it; original characters who we've grown attached to over many years just drop out of the show for several weeks at a time (i.e. Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, and even Rick at times) while they devote entire episodes to tertiary supporting characters who are disposable at best and obnoxious at worst (i.e. Eugene, Sasha, Rosita). I think I'm gonna skip this season and binge it next year; it might be more enjoyable without having to deal with the bad pacing in real time.
That is exactly the reason that I stopped watching it live back in season 5. In my opinion, it definitely makes the "tertiary" episodes a little more bearable.

In fact, from a binging standpoint, I really like the show's format now of focusing episodes on a singular character or event. I think that it's a little smoother to see the tension building across multiple fronts than checking in with everyone week to week and slowly edging the plot forward (see Season 2).

The only episode I really had a problem with this season was the Oceanside one. It just seemed to go nowhere, and it only sort of had a payoff at the end of the season anyway (it's not like Rick and Michonne didn't already find a ton of guns at the fairground anyway).

LoyalACFan
09-28-2017, 12:06 AM
I love both the show and the books, and they're really pretty different from each other.
The books really aren't for everyone, but if you do enjoy reading (especially fantasy) then I might suggest them over the show.

Is GRRM ever going to finish the damn things though, lol? I almost always prefer reading books before I watch the film/TV adaptations of them, but from what I understand the show has gone beyond the most recent book already, and GRRM hasn't shown any indication of being close to finishing the books. I'd be pretty cheesed if I read all of the books up to this point only to find I'll have to switch over to the TV show to get to the ending.

In fact, from a binging standpoint, I really like the show's format now of focusing episodes on a singular character or event. I think that it's a little smoother to see the tension building across multiple fronts than checking in with everyone week to week and slowly edging the plot forward (see Season 2).

See, I actually loved Season 2, but I binged it in two days (didn't start watching live until Season 4). In that season, you REALLY got a sense of tension building between Rick and Shane, and it actually paid off in a huge way in the finale. If I had watched it live, though, I can see how that would have been irritating, since it was a pretty slow burning fuse. And in Season 7, which I did watch live, I sometimes half-forgot what was happening with some groups/characters sometimes, since they went like a month at a time without showing or even mentioning them.

I think you've convinced me; I'm gonna skip this season and watch it next year on Netflix. I might get back into it that way; I was pretty frustrated with it last year.

cawatrooper9
09-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Is GRRM ever going to finish the damn things though, lol? I almost always prefer reading books before I watch the film/TV adaptations of them, but from what I understand the show has gone beyond the most recent book already, and GRRM hasn't shown any indication of being close to finishing the books. I'd be pretty cheesed if I read all of the books up to this point only to find I'll have to switch over to the TV show to get to the ending.

Yeah, that might be something to worry about. See, I have this conspiracy theory- seeing as GRRM is clearly very interested in British history and literature, I half wonder if he's trying to not finish the series before his death, and making ASOIAF basically the Canterburry Tales of his legacy.

See, I actually loved Season 2, but I binged it in two days (didn't start watching live until Season 4). In that season, you REALLY got a sense of tension building between Rick and Shane, and it actually paid off in a huge way in the finale. If I had watched it live, though, I can see how that would have been irritating, since it was a pretty slow burning fuse. And in Season 7, which I did watch live, I sometimes half-forgot what was happening with some groups/characters sometimes, since they went like a month at a time without showing or even mentioning them.

I think you've convinced me; I'm gonna skip this season and watch it next year on Netflix. I might get back into it that way; I was pretty frustrated with it last year.
Yep, I could totally see how that would help.

I think the show would definitely benefit from either what I think of as a Netflix model (entire season releases at the same time) or at least an HBO model (reliable weekly releases). This mid-season hiatus business really kills the momentum, and I think it frustrates the show's fanbase.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that might be something to worry about. See, I have this conspiracy theory- seeing as GRRM is clearly very interested in British history and literature, I half wonder if he's trying to not finish the series before his death, and making ASOIAF basically the Canterburry Tales of his legacy.

Haha, I'd almost like to see this happen, just so I could witness the world's greatest literary trolling :p In this day and age, though, I feel like his publisher would probably hire someone to finish the books in his stead. Too much money to ignore.

[QUOTE]I think the show would definitely benefit from either what I think of as a Netflix model (entire season releases at the same time) or at least an HBO model (reliable weekly releases). This mid-season hiatus business really kills the momentum, and I think it frustrates the show's fanbase.

Ugh, yeah, the "finales" on that show really screw with the already-bad pacing. It's like they drag everything out twice as long as they need to just to allow for a big cliffhanger in the season/midseason finale, and they typically don't come back with a gut-punch episode that resolves the big hanging issues, they stretch it out even further beyond that.

MstrTarvos
09-28-2017, 03:24 PM
I am currently playing AC III again and of course waiting (almost) patiently for AC Origins to come out (only 29 more days). After I finish AC III I am not sure what I will move onto, either AC IV or Rogue I think.

joshoolhorst
09-28-2017, 06:06 PM
I am currently playing AC III again and of course waiting (almost) patiently for AC Origins to come out (only 29 more days). After I finish AC III I am not sure what I will move onto, either AC IV or Rogue I think.

After the reveal of discovery tour I am hyped! I need it now:)

Oke What am I doing today eh not much interesting

naumaan
10-05-2017, 03:47 PM
I am sitting in my office, posting on the forums, thinking about the near future when I ll have an origins running laptop

MstrTarvos
10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
With only 22 days to go I am replaying Black Flag. My wife has said I am like a kid waiting for Christmas (I said Nope I'm worse).

strigoi1958
10-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I just replayed shadow of mordor (it takes 1 day to complete 100% ;) ) and I have been playing the latest R6 siege map ... in a theme park... quite good :)

It's still weeks until Origins but I'll be playing Shadow of War as soon as it releases... but I still need a game until then. I was thinking GTA V but I think another replay of Ghost Recon Wildlands... :)

Music... this week has been a mixture of

Theory of a Dead Man
Nickelback
Aerosmith
Foo Fighters
Queen
and
Volbeat
As for TV I've been watching the Great British Bake Off .... amateur cooks :) and Electric Dreams which is unusual

cawatrooper9
10-05-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty excited for SoW, but I'll probably spend the weeks leading to Origins painting the new minis for the Heart of the Empire expansion for Imperial Assault (a Star Wars board game).

Here's a shot of the last mission my group played, for an example:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKAXuPlVYAAlaPG.jpg:large

Painting is actually a ton of fun!

darklion2043
10-05-2017, 09:37 PM
I'm very happy. My desktop pc is enough to AC:O. ;) When I see PC sys req, I shout with happiness.
I hope every fan can play AC:O very good conditions. Have a nice nights everybody.

strigoi1958
10-06-2017, 01:18 AM
@Cawa

Did you know that here in England we have quite a big board game convention each summer... even though we are a tiny country... East coat to West coast is only 75 miles at one point :)

SoW should take me nicely up to AC:O ... The PC specs are great... they should allow a lot of pc owners to play it without upgrading their pc :)

@ darklion and Naumaan

I was expecting good pc specs but these are great.... you are going to get good Fps :)

SquisheeMuffin
10-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Completed AC Unity to the most likely maximum extent I want to invest (main missions, co-op missions and Dead Kings DLC). And coming from Black Flag, I gotta admit I prefer Unity style gameplay as it reminds me of AC2. Paris is beautifu. Black Flag is fun for what it is, sure. I am currently contemplating whether I should jump into Syndicate considering it's a downgrade graphically and gameplay wise according to some. Same with Rogue, which really looks like a copy paste Black Flag.

Also saw someone mention Shadow of Mordor which I just couldn't get into - guess there are just so many Ubisoft style open worlds these days. Might try it again.

Will be playing Rayman Legends on Vita until I can decide my next game xD

strigoi1958
10-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Why I like Mordor is....

First but not important, I lived in south London for years and Uruks and Orcs all sound like they were born there... my mates on Discord love my Uruk impressions ;)

main reason is Arkham style combat which I love and the skill and weapons upgrades.

Provided you concentrate on unlocking the towers (like synchronizing assassin's viewpoints or far cry radio towers)... then collect white icons as quickly as possible to unlock skills and upgrades fast. The weapons get interesting once you unlock their special skill (20 seconds of unlimited arrows or killing with the sword or dagger) also the shadow strike and shadow kill is a great way to travel long distances instantly by firing an arrow.

The game is not massively over filled with collectables all over the map and are they are often found very close together. There are bonuses for using plants to revive health and bonuses for hunting (spiders, rats, bats etc....) So nothing in the game ever feels like a grind, it is easy to find things and upgrade fast.

With the option of sword, bow or dagger... people can fight in the way they prefer, I love the bow and the dagger, stealth kills or bow kills.

Side missions can be done in a few minutes or as long as you like.

Enemy captains keep being replaced and the nemesis system is very good.

As a nice little bonus there are vendettas... so I get notified when a captain has killed one of my friends on steam and I can avenge them ;) I can find and kill the captain for a bonus.

Nothing beats killing 70 or 80 Uruks in a huge battle of me fighting wave after wave of them.

Also, the Uruks names are fun, when the game launched there was a thread on Steam where everyone was making their own Uruk names and some were very funny.

cawatrooper9
10-06-2017, 02:22 PM
@Cawa

Did you know that here in England we have quite a big board game convention each summer... even though we are a tiny country... East coat to West coast is only 75 miles at one point :)

Yep! I follow a lot of people on Twitter who went to it. Looks like fun!

Board games are getting more popular lately. There dozens of us fans now! Dozens!

strigoi1958
10-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Yep! I follow a lot of people on Twitter who went to it. Looks like fun!

Board games are getting more popular lately. There dozens of us fans now! Dozens!

Why did I have to have a mouthful of tea when I read that last sentence... Dozens! lol ;)

https://m.popkey.co/6b7487/drp7j.gif

darklion2043
10-06-2017, 04:52 PM
@ strigoi1958
Thanks Big Brother you're always kind, respectfull and good man
And I like Shadow of Mordor and played it too much(finished two times and one of them finished at 72 hours;)). But I can't play Shadow of War after it release because all my attention goes my real favourite game AC:O. After I'll finish AC:O, I will hunt some Orks and Uruks. Slave them,siege castless and may ride a Dragon.

Lysette88
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM
I haven't been on the forums here for some time - but it seems, it's time to return as AC Origins is on the horizon and what I have seen so far from the game, it will be awesome in it's own right, with new and traditional game mechanics mixed into something fresh - well, I am excited about the new AC game.

In the meantime I returned to my all-time favorite MMOs, which are not really games IMO, but worlds of their very own - both are quite different in what they provide - Second Life and EVE online.

As far as single player games go, I got hooked on the witcher 3: Wild Hunt - it's from 2015, but I am playing it now in 2017 for the first time, starting out in "blood and broken bones" difficulty setting, which is the best setting IMO, because it is not forcing me to become a tank, even it is still challenging - I prefer light armor and if I multiply the higher damage of 80% with the higher health of the enemy (30%) I get to an overall 234% of damage, which I have to absorb in relation to the "normal", which is actually in none of the difficulty settings. IMO that is challenging enough for my first playthrough. Story and presentation of the witcher 3 is just awesome - and I really hope for AC:Origins to deliver on that as well, an interesting story and an incredibly beautiful presentation.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2017, 01:15 PM
^^^ I feel like I'm the only person who's played Witcher 3 without copious amounts of stat balancing, lol. I honestly have no idea what my DPS stats or anything are; I freaking hate dealing with that crap. I'm meant to be playing a video game, not balancing my checkbook :p I've beaten it twice on Death March, using mostly medium armor (Griffin then Wolf, when it becomes available) and while it is very challenging, it's not unreasonable. You can get through pretty much any fight with smart preparation and liberal usage of the short dodge.

Lysette88
10-09-2017, 03:02 PM
^^^ I feel like I'm the only person who's played Witcher 3 without copious amounts of stat balancing, lol. I honestly have no idea what my DPS stats or anything are; I freaking hate dealing with that crap. I'm meant to be playing a video game, not balancing my checkbook :p I've beaten it twice on Death March, using mostly medium armor (Griffin then Wolf, when it becomes available) and while it is very challenging, it's not unreasonable. You can get through pretty much any fight with smart preparation and liberal usage of the short dodge.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a number crunsher in a medieval style fantasy game - but to me it is vital to choose a difficulty setting, which allows for both, challenge and choice of how I want to play the game. Death March accumulates to 532% in relation to "normal" damage, which I would have to absorb due to longer fights and higher enemy damage - and this is compared to 243% on "blood and broken bones" more than double the damage - and simply too high for my very first play through, where I know like nothing about how to play the game. Otherwise I play with minimal hud in order to immerse myself into the game world - no health bars, no mini-map, just the witcher medal in the upper left, in order to see, where my own health is - but no buff-markers, nothing like that.

I care for stats though, because my play style is heavily making use of the witcher signs, which allow me most of the time to tackle enemies, which are a few levels higher than me. I am relying on the cat school and fast attack skills - fast attack because slashing down on the enemy more often is giving me a higher chance to deal critical hits, which I have in focus with my skills as well. Might be I will have to dodge more often in the later game - for now I am just absorbing it with a nearly always active qwen and hindering them with other signs to attack me - I just pin them down with my signs and put ongoing pressure on them with fast attacks - the more I hit them, the higher is my adrenalin and I can keep the signs active at all times during the fight - this is how I do it, for now.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2017, 09:11 PM
^^^ Yeah, even that is way more number-crunching than I have patience for to be honest, haha. I use Quen almost exclusively (Igni is fun on lower difficulties but not that helpful against most foes, Yrden can be essentially replaced with Samum and Moon Dust bombs, Aard is mostly useless except against unshielded humans who are easy anyway, and Axii is more of a novelty thing than a combat staple) and even with heavy armor it's possible to keep a Quen shield up at almost all times as a kind of failsafe. If you dodge a lot, equip red mutagens, and acquire combat skills to complement them, you can make it through without paying that much attention to your stats, simply crafting the next level of your preferred set of Witcher Gear as soon as you can.

Honestly though, this is one of the reasons TW3 is so great; it caters to non-RPG gamers like me who find intricate stat balancing to be a boring distraction, as well as providing a stat/leveling system deep enough for hardcore RPG fans to really sink their teeth into.

strigoi1958
10-09-2017, 10:22 PM
@ Lysette88

Nice to see you back... you were almost supporting the pc section on your own at one time, sorting problems, helping people and giving advice... I wondered where you went :)

Hmmm number crunching games ouch.... I really started to like The Division but every time you change an item it changes all the stats... so some would go up and others down and in the end I was spending half the play time balancing stats and as I levelled up every hour it just became a nightmare.... a great game spoiled by spending more time looking at equipment and loadout than actually playing.... it is a shame because if that part had been simplified (well at least easier than an exam for a tax accountant) the game itself would have had more fun than boredom.

Lysette88
10-10-2017, 12:29 AM
^^^ Yeah, even that is way more number-crunching than I have patience for to be honest, haha. I use Quen almost exclusively (Igni is fun on lower difficulties but not that helpful against most foes, Yrden can be essentially replaced with Samum and Moon Dust bombs, Aard is mostly useless except against unshielded humans who are easy anyway, and Axii is more of a novelty thing than a combat staple) and even with heavy armor it's possible to keep a Quen shield up at almost all times as a kind of failsafe. If you dodge a lot, equip red mutagens, and acquire combat skills to complement them, you can make it through without paying that much attention to your stats, simply crafting the next level of your preferred set of Witcher Gear as soon as you can.

Honestly though, this is one of the reasons TW3 is so great; it caters to non-RPG gamers like me who find intricate stat balancing to be a boring distraction, as well as providing a stat/leveling system deep enough for hardcore RPG fans to really sink their teeth into.

Well, after starting the game I looked at the skill tree, to see what is offered. I am always leaning towards slow paced gameplay, but agile and fast melee combat, if i cannot take my enemies down with stealth or ranged combat. Neither stealth nor ranged combat plays a big role in TW3, so it was clear to me, that I will have to go with light armor, fast attacks and signs - a hybrid build basically. So my first 2 skills were cat school for doubling my critical damage with all light armor and the skill, which allows adrenaline to be used by signs, if stamina runs out - these 2 skills settled the focus on light armor (for the boosted critical hit damage), fast attacks, to trigger critical hits more often, and signs to trap my enemies, control their minds (as well outside of combat) and to protect myself.

This is not much of a number crunsh at all, but pretty much just a decision at the beginning of the game, to go with light armor and agile combat, which controls and puts high pressure on the enemy. I gave you my early game reasoning for that now and I guess you can see, that this is not about numbers, but about a decision where to go with my skills in the game in general.

Lysette88
10-10-2017, 12:45 AM
@ Lysette88

Nice to see you back... you were almost supporting the pc section on your own at one time, sorting problems, helping people and giving advice... I wondered where you went :)

Hmmm number crunching games ouch.... I really started to like The Division but every time you change an item it changes all the stats... so some would go up and others down and in the end I was spending half the play time balancing stats and as I levelled up every hour it just became a nightmare.... a great game spoiled by spending more time looking at equipment and loadout than actually playing.... it is a shame because if that part had been simplified (well at least easier than an exam for a tax accountant) the game itself would have had more fun than boredom.

As an EVE online player I am used to mess with the fitting of ships all the time - modules you install into your ships basically customize it to your play style, whilst the basic ship parameters give the framework in which you can adapt your personalized ships to certain purposes and play styles. So I am more than used to deal with number crunshing in EVE, but that is a sci-fi game, so it is clear, that technology plays a huge role in it and so to make intelligent use of it for what you want to do is key - beside the practical experience, which just comes from learning by doing of course. But in a fantasy style game, I want to be immersed into the game world - and after I found my general direction, what play style to go for in the game, I got my basic skill sets and cater to them whilst I progress in the game - and the experience whilst using my skills will help me to decide, what is accommodates my personal way to play the best - but that is, what I will have to find out over time.

strigoi1958
10-11-2017, 01:02 AM
I've spent today playing Shadow of War and it is very good... it is different to mordor in a few ways... maybe good maybe not I don't know until I get used to it. But the game is good, the loot boxes can be bought with money made in game. It is more difficult because levelling up and getting better armour and weapons takes much longer.

darklion2043
10-11-2017, 12:11 PM
@ strigoi1958
Have fun Big Brother. I hope I will play it 3 months later when I will finish AC:O.:D
Today I'm very tired. After 1 month later I played football match at carpet field. Won again. It's very hard if you broke too much and played against amateur players.
I'm still playing GTA 5 and may finish it 5-7 days later not %100 but %98-99.
My downloading problem is solved. TTNet limitless internet connection that I use this net, this month they have a campaign and I'll buy a package in return 12 Turkish Liras(2.75) when AC:O will start downloading and gain 50 gb extra to install AC:O with 1.6 mbps downloading speed. If this package don't come, my downloading speed down to 0.5-0.6 mbps.
So everything goes well for me. I hope everything goes well all of you.
Have a nice day.;)

naumaan
10-11-2017, 03:20 PM
As of right now, I ve finished my assignment at office, and now waiting for my boss (Dad) to call for going home. And posting here with it.

I have been playing mgs phantom pain regulary on daily basis. I ve reached Africa, Quiet is now available as buddy, I am at the 3rd mission in Africa, and trying to do all of the side ops. 3 missions daily whichever I want to ... lets see how it will go further.

@ strigoi1958
Have fun Big Brother. I hope I will play it 3 months later when I will finish AC:O.:D
Today I'm very tired. After 1 month later I played football match at carpet field. Won again. It's very hard if you broke too much and played against amateur players.
I'm still playing GTA 5 and may finish it 5-7 days later not %100 but %98-99.
My downloading problem is solved. TTNet limitless internet connection that I use this net, this month they have a campaign and I'll buy a package in return 12 Turkish Liras(2.75) when AC:O will start downloading and gain 50 gb extra to install AC:O with 1.6 mbps downloading speed. If this package don't come, my downloading speed down to 0.5-0.6 mbps.
So everything goes well for me. I hope everything goes well all of you.
Have a nice day.;)

THats good, My internet is 4mbps and it takes 5 days to download syndicate, I am not downloading any of them on my current pc tho, Will do that on my new asus in december.

darklion2043
10-11-2017, 04:15 PM
I
THats good, My internet is 4mbps and it takes 5 days to download syndicate, I am not downloading any of them on my current pc tho, Will do that on my new asus in december.
I understand you very well. I hope our countries net infrastructure will be better and invoices will be lower soon.

RedSpider
10-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Waiting impatiently for AC:O. Counting down the days, but it's going painfully slowly. Keeping busy with housework/pets/DIY...anything!

strigoi1958
10-11-2017, 10:22 PM
It is always very welcome when we get something extra... especially internet... whether it is a bigger cap or a speed increase so I am happy for you darklion2043 do not get injured at football... it would be nice to play Origins for a few weeks but not with a torn muscle :)

@Naumaan you are more patient than me.... I would download Origins and as soon as I got the new pc I would transfer the files over so I could be playing it as quickly as possible rather than wait for it to download then :)

I keep a lot of games on my D drive and when I want to play them, I start to download them on to my C drive, stop downloading then copy all the files from my D drive to my C drive and start the download again.... it usually just downloads the patches and I'm ready to play ... if you wait 1 week it will probably download with the first patch included

@Redspider Yes I know what you mean... sometimes it's easier to do things to make time pass quickly.... I find lately I play some casual match 3 games and listen to music... it's quite relaxing and surprisingly fun for such easy games. :)

darklion2043
10-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Thanks Big Brother, I 'm careful than my 20's. And be careful when you ride your bike too. This World needs good men like you.;)
I finished main missons at GTA 5 yesterday and now play it to become %100 or %99-98 no matter.
Today's most important event is my team's Galatasaray match for me. Hope we win Konyaspor and my team's leadership continues.
And ask Ubisoft when we'll download AC:O if we pre order.
Have a nice day everyone

cawatrooper9
10-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Finished painting Heart of the Empire with still a week to spare before Origins. Just an example of a few of the figures.

Guy on the left looks like he could be an Assassin, looks like a dual bladed design of the hidden blades. :p
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMc7l1QU8AA0spR.jpg

I might give the South Park games a try before ACO. They look pretty cool.

strigoi1958
10-20-2017, 10:50 PM
I would need all 3 pairs of my glasses on to see them clearly enough to paint in that small detail. I think it is nice that when you have put in a lot of time and effort you can look back on something and get that feeling of satisfaction that only comes from doing a great job like that.

Did you paint one colour at a time on all pieces that had the same colour (color ;) ) or did you paint a few pieces at a time?

darklion2043
10-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Yesterday I did nothing,
Today I do nothing. I wish only time pass a little faster. Waiting game, hope too much.
Hope not disappoint.(I think I'm little pessimist today)
I watch too much AC:O gameplay and My playing desire is very high todays'.
Todays I watch Star Wars 8 trailers and some Star Wars Rebel videos( Cawatroper picture remind me).
Finished GTA 5 %70 but not done other freaks for now. I play a little Unity, Syndicate and Witcher 3.
Have a good day everyone.

cawatrooper9
10-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I would need all 3 pairs of my glasses on to see them clearly enough to paint in that small detail. I think it is nice that when you have put in a lot of time and effort you can look back on something and get that feeling of satisfaction that only comes from doing a great job like that.

Did you paint one colour at a time on all pieces that had the same colour (color ;) ) or did you paint a few pieces at a time?

Thanks! :D

I try to be as industrious as possible, so I try to paint one color on all figures at a time, but I usually forget one or get distracted. My "process" is a total mess, but I enjoy doing it.

F34567uyt
10-24-2017, 12:41 AM
I've currently working on my online classes (I do online school entirely), trying to finish replaying AC2, and wishing that I could go to sleep and not wake up until Friday when Origins is out.

strigoi1958
10-24-2017, 02:37 AM
Online school entirely.... wow. Do you have set hours? is it skype? or do you have a set curriculum that you must keep current? does your work get done online or is it sent as attachments and graded?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone doing that before, that is great :) is it because of your location that you must do it online?

naumaan
10-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Well I am very happy today, one reason is I got a camera installation order of about 425k (4000$) and if it went well the company will give us order of about 1500k Rupees (15000$), once my company gets registered with the government, we will have the extra benefit of tenders IT related. I am so very happy today

and the other reason is the pre load option available, however it needs a little more patience than the other reason ..

It is always very welcome when we get something extra... especially internet... whether it is a bigger cap or a speed increase so I am happy for you darklion2043 do not get injured at football... it would be nice to play Origins for a few weeks but not with a torn muscle :)

@Naumaan you are more patient than me.... I would download Origins and as soon as I got the new pc I would transfer the files over so I could be playing it as quickly as possible rather than wait for it to download then :)

I keep a lot of games on my D drive and when I want to play them, I start to download them on to my C drive, stop downloading then copy all the files from my D drive to my C drive and start the download again.... it usually just downloads the patches and I'm ready to play ... if you wait 1 week it will probably download with the first patch included

@Redspider Yes I know what you mean... sometimes it's easier to do things to make time pass quickly.... I find lately I play some casual match 3 games and listen to music... it's quite relaxing and surprisingly fun for such easy games. :)

its a nice idea but it will cost me my laptop as it is already taking last breaths, and I know me, i ll try to play origins on it if i downloaded it before, and i dont want to risk my laptop's death before buying a new one

I am going to buy laptop from canada, there are some relatives of me who live there, they will deliver me the laptop without any custom charges which increase the price of laptop alot

F34567uyt
10-24-2017, 07:54 PM
No, I work at my own pace. I work some days more than others. As long as I finish a certain unit, lesson, what have you, before a certain date and/or time, its fine.

darklion2043
10-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Waiting last hours.:)
I'll start to play it tomorrow morning probably at 8:00 or 9:00 am local time(5:00 or 6:00 UTC time).
AND I hope EVERYONE enjoys AC:O soo MUCH.:D

strigoi1958
10-26-2017, 01:13 PM
I started Shadow of Mordor Wednesday night AGAIN ;) and finished it yesterday ( it took 14 hours ) 91% the only thing I have not done is unlock some skills but the story and collectables are all 100%. I might just play and finish the skills today while I wait. I also had a small sleep this morning so I can play Origins when it unlocks tonight ;)

cawatrooper9
10-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Wow, you move through that game fast!

I always play like half an hour of story, then spend the next several hours just orc hunting.

naumaan
10-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Well, after the preload option was available on the uplay app, i got a little impatient and thought to install it on my laptop with this intel HD 4000 chipset, I knew all along that it wont work but this impatience made me try, and my doubts were true, origiin does not run on hd4000, loading screen then press any key and then game shuts down, long story short, I think for me the wait is not yet over, I have to wait for almost 1.5 or 2 months, and I ll enjoy it on my new asus laptop .... have fun you all ...

naumaan
10-31-2017, 12:40 PM
Okie .. so now after the AC origins is released, there is no rush here as all of the people here are busy playing it, .. I on the other hand, am pretty much bored, cuz I have to wait till December to play it, but I really really tried to play the game on my Intel hd4000 PC but to my disappointment it was crappy graphics, and most of all it gave only 4fps which is unbearable, after reaching the first quest starting, my eyes were tired and I tried playing the very first quest and it was unbearable for me .. especially when controlling senu the eagle, on playable fps you can mark items and quest items in a jiffy, it takes me half an hour to mark only 2 or 3 and I was just trying to mark everything with senu, because of the slow fps I couldn't. So I closed the game and now playing ac2 these dayswithout the map, but there is a strange thing, when I mark locations on the map, it does not show the distance of that location, is it me? As in I went to ac2 after a long time, or is there some update happened.
Right now I am in office and I am excited about the coming soon machine on which I am going to play a unity, AC syndicate and AC origins without any hiccups,
Last week I finished watching the second season of stranger things on Netflix, it was awesome.

strigoi1958
10-31-2017, 01:45 PM
You are going to have a wonderful December Naumaan. I cannot put into words just how incredible Origins is.... Every time I play something new happens that makes me think Wow...

I love Shadow of Mordor, it's combat is not made for combat lovers, it's stealth is not made for stealth lovers and people complain the story is the usual revenge... all of those things that people can rightly point out are completely insignificant when the game is so much fun to play. FUN is the number one factor in games.... And Origins has so many things that even if I ever find 1 thing I am not loving.... everything else is so much fun it vastly outweighs any insignificant detail.

Plus in December you will get the latest driver... I just downloaded the latest nvidia driver and it caused a few glitches and menu problems but usually the best driver for games is the one released a month later... it usually gets optimised.

Origins is not just my favourite AC game, it is now my favourite game of all time. :)

naumaan
10-31-2017, 04:40 PM
after reading your post, I am super hyped, I am imagining myself playing AC Origins right now :D .... and I am too much excited that I am eating my family's brains out, I tell them everyday that my asus is coming :D

Daiyus
10-31-2017, 07:19 PM
I've got a few things:

- Designing a custom case to liquid cool my PC.
- Building a bass guitar (and trying to practice my six-string in preparation; I'm bad at both).
- Trying to read more; did it loads as a kid but barely now I'm an adult.
- Work an exercise regime into my routine.

Gaming is really starting to drop in my list of priorities over the last few months. I still really enjoy it but it's in much smaller doses.

strigoi1958
10-31-2017, 08:59 PM
Liquid cooling? are you into overclocking or multi gpu's or just like me like lots of cooling :)

By six string do you mean a 6 string bass or an electric/ acoustic guitar? I love music and I am quite creative but I have no talent at all when it comes to instruments so I can assure you that although you might think you are bad you are more accomplished than 99% of people ;)

I cannot read... well I can read but if I read a book I tend to fall asleep and wake up with a painful neck ;)

Exercise, yes, I am trying to get a little fitter, my son is a gym instructor and he's given me a few exercises to do around the house, which is great because I can fit it in around my gaming :)

I love my gaming, I used to have a motorcycle so I was always out every day, now I've sold my bike, I really enjoy my pc time... but I do spend time using photoshop... I just taught myself because it looked interesting

Daiyus
11-01-2017, 10:30 AM
The liquid cooling is mostly just for the fun of it and to learn new skills (and I have a blower cooled Vega 56 which gets noisy). It seemed like a good way to start working on more practical skills including learning how to use CAD software and getting back into metal/woodwork; haven't done any proper projects since school.

By six-string I meant electric guitar. I've played on and off for about fifteen years but never got past basic chord progressions and scales. My mate has been practicing like a demon (he doesn't have children) so I thought I'd go a different route so I wasn't subconsciously competing. Thank you for the kind words though.

Hehe, funnily enough I use reading as a way to relax just before going to sleep. I usually spend a lot of time lying in bed unable to drift off but reading helps calm my brain enough to drift off quicker.

Nice. I had an exercise conversation on OC3D yesterday trying to work small exercises into a daily routine. Glad to see I'm not the only one wanting to work on it in this manner. Congratulations on taking those steps; it's so easy to slip into bad habits which is usually what bites me.

Ahh, motorcycles. My dad was a biker and I've always wanted to get a license and ride. Alas other things have got in the way over the years but it's still there on my list of things to do. Once I'm happy with my PC I'll probably start saving for a bike.

darklion2043
11-01-2017, 11:11 PM
And after 5 days from release I just say Wooooooowwwww or INCREDIBLEEE :)
I die 7-8 times and started begining again and again :)
Now I'm 21 lvl and everything become better when you dedicate yourself to game...
@ strigoi1958
Congratulations Big Brother... Your profile TOP CONTRIBUTERS list. You really deserve this.

Origins is not just my favourite AC game, it is now my favourite game of all time.
And this is why I can't write anything in here after release.:D

Kaschra
11-01-2017, 11:20 PM
I'M ALIVE
Not sure how many people remember me though.

Wow, the forums changed a lot. I barely recognize it. Oh no, and all signatures are gone too. Too bad :(

strigoi1958
11-02-2017, 02:49 AM
I'M ALIVE
Not sure how many people remember me though.

Wow, the forums changed a lot. I barely recognize it. Oh no, and all signatures are gone too. Too bad :(

Wow ...where on earth have you been Kaschra? ;) You were a regular poster for a long time then nothing... Quite a few people slipped away and have just started reappearing so welcome back.

Yes it is a shame about the signatures I used to enjoy making them for people in photoshop

I hope you are playing Origins because it is fantastic.

@darklion2043

Level 21 you are doing well, yes I died so many times at the beginning then I started to improve with a lot of combat and stealth practice. It is such a great game it is hard to make myself stop playing, even in the early hours of the morning ;)

I sent you an invite to the group chat it is great... everyone helps each other, there are assassins from all over the world and if we get stuck or have a question ... someone is always quick to help

Plus we type in random questions about each other, age, location, favourite game and other things... AC fans always are helpful and kind. :)

Kaschra
11-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Wow ...where on earth have you been Kaschra? You were a regular poster for a long time then nothing... Quite a few people slipped away and have just started reappearing so welcome back.

Yes it is a shame about the signatures I used to enjoy making them for people in photoshop

I hope you are playing Origins because it is fantastic.

Hahah yeah that's true, isn't it? Thanks :)

The forums became kinda toxic after Unity. Really dragged my mood down, so I decided to take a break.
I wonder how many of the old fellas are still here?

I do! I got it only today though, amazon messed up and delivered too late. But I have been playing a few hours already and so far I really like it :)

cawatrooper9
11-03-2017, 02:26 PM
I remember you, @Kaschra! Welcome back!

Also, @strigoi1958, what's this group chat?

strigoi1958
11-03-2017, 06:18 PM
I got added to a uplay group and obviously as we play we see messages pop up in the notifications from the other players in the group.... it is a great little community with players from around the world, everyone helps each other with locations and combat tips. Sometimes it is about the best gpu driver or what's for dinner ;) but whenever I get stuck and post a question I always get 6 to 8 responses... which is nice because the have to leave the game to type. People are always saying... This bit is awesome.... but no spoilers.

Kaschra
11-07-2017, 01:50 AM
I remember you, @Kaschra! Welcome back!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

naumaan
12-10-2017, 02:25 PM
What am I doing? I am waiting for my Asus laptop which is already shipped to my Canadian friend's home and now there is no one coming to my city till February so I am waiting for it till February .. some more months to go .

veronica5585
12-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Completed AC Origins, nothing left to do in game for me any more till the DLC is released. Waiting for the Black Flag give away so I can play it all over again years later, and get the Altair's outfits in AC Origins on the way by completing 7500 xp.
On the other hand, today I'm installing Withcer III.

Besides gaming, I keep painting in my sketchbooks using mostly watercolor, watching the tv shows I like, hating that Grey's Anatomy is in mid-season break, etc etc.

cawatrooper9
12-11-2017, 08:33 PM
What am I doing? I am waiting for my Asus laptop which is already shipped to my Canadian friend's home and now there is no one coming to my city till February so I am waiting for it till February .. some more months to go .

Aw man, that's awful! So sorry to hear that. :(

At least you'll have something to look forward to at that time of the year- it can be pretty slow, otherwise.

naumaan
12-12-2017, 02:53 AM
Aw man, that's awful! So sorry to hear that. :(

At least you'll have something to look forward to at that time of the year- it can be pretty slow, otherwise.

I feel your pain too ... dlcs and after purchase stuff is slow in origins ... heard the Trial of gods finished with 3 gods .. and I am not sure if I can play that either ...

I have a season pass .. am I going to miss these timely events?

naumaan
12-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Completed AC Origins, nothing left to do in game for me any more till the DLC is released. Waiting for the Black Flag give away so I can play it all over again years later, and get the Altair's outfits in AC Origins on the way by completing 7500 xp.
On the other hand, today I'm installing Withcer III.

Besides gaming, I keep painting in my sketchbooks using mostly watercolor, watching the tv shows I like, hating that Grey's Anatomy is in mid-season break, etc etc.

I have already installed rise of the tomb raider, and I have almost all of ACs in my uplay, and they are waiting to be played on my much awaited asus rog laptop ... but .. lets see

FeelsBadMan1115
12-12-2017, 11:35 AM
watching streamers fail in arena :)

naumaan
12-17-2017, 01:52 AM
Yesterday my wife gave me a PS4 slim as a gift, and I am currently installing Netflix on it, tried playing AC unity but I have no season pass on ps4, I have Syndicate on ps4 as well, and I have bought all of AC collection on PC .. can't buy it all again on ps4 tho .. it's 6 in the morning and I am usually asleep at this hour but right now PS4 is the craze. Still waiting for the much awaited laptop of mine, PS is good for exclusives, anyone know of good exclusives?

cawatrooper9
12-29-2017, 11:52 PM
Happy New Years, fellow Assassins!

Hoping for 2018 to be another incredible year!

strizhenov90
12-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Hello, everyone, and Happy Holidays!
I was wondering if anyone would know the answer to this one - which version of Black Flag was recently given away by Ubi, standard or deluxe? Just curious.
Thanks in advance.

darklion2043
12-31-2017, 02:16 PM
Went Star Wars 8 yesterday with my 3 nephews. Movie was nice but a bitter taste after finished. Wait 9 now.
Happy new year everyone.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Went Star Wars 8 yesterday with my 3 nephews. Movie was nice but a bitter taste after finished. Wait 9 now.
Happy new year everyone.

Yeah, it's definitely not the movie that most people expected. I really enjoyed it, though, at least for the most part. Hope your new year was great!

Also, strigoi1958, wanted to let you know that I finally started Shadow of War and I'm loving it so far!

naumaan
03-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Sad to see nobody post here much

Anyhow
Latest to Gaming

I was hell busy in the routine life and applying for jobs and tests, so had no time for gaming, packed ps4 back and now I am missing it,
Started Uplay some days earlier and had to install Updates for AC3 and ACBF ...tried playing AC3 with normal settings but I kind of want to play it on my new laptop so chose not to play the game again.
*sighs*

my laptop on the other hand is still in canada, the friend who bought it was not coming to my country, and my another friend who is always traveling from my country to canada, visited my other friend recently and thankfully the laptop is going to come in the end of march in Pakistan. I hope its the last of waiting

Missing strigoi and darklion here ..

Watching Reign in my break times bdw, its kind of boring but a good time pass nonetheless in busy routine