PDA

View Full Version : Seaports - What We Think We Know, and What We'd Like to See.

citizensfor
09-21-2017, 10:42 PM
So, from the trailer, it appears seaports will have the ability to grow piers at 45 degree angles. This is a nice touch.

I hope that seaports become bustling with activity, and spawn commercial and residential growth nearby at a higher rate than areas not as connected.

I also hope that a more "passenger transport" oriented ferry service is implemented, where passengers travel between different cities to supply demand for travel.

I hope some sort of "bonus" is given for seaports which are connected to rail effectively, and that "warehouse" districts appear near industrial/commercial transportation hubs.

AgmasGold
09-21-2017, 11:03 PM
I just want the ability the make a nice looking harbour to get those amazing screenshots :).

stylisticsagi
09-22-2017, 05:54 AM
i follow agmasgold here. I prefer lots of custemization to make your harbour everythime more ore less unique instead of having to much large structers who lookes the same again everytime you start over.

olszewski100
09-25-2017, 05:56 PM
It would be great to add people working on the boats. A game with such high level of details with empty moving boats looks very unnatural.

iruet
09-26-2017, 07:44 PM
It would be great to add people working on the boats. A game with such high level of details with empty moving boats looks very unnatural.

All boats are driven by ghosts :P

Tev163
09-27-2017, 02:06 AM
I think that the key to making a good looking pier requires three main things.

-First, the ability to "draw" or place the pier structure itself along the coast (including any protrusions out to sea). In 2205 we didn't have that ability, but the piers still looked fine I think.

-Second, is props and buildings. It's incredibly important to have enough crates, barrels, cranes, shipping terminals, boxes, etc. so that a pier doesn't look empty and boring. This was a big problem in 2070, for example, where the only pier structures the player could place were large shipping containers, one crane, docks, and shipyards. This didn't have any effect on gameplay, but it just didn't compare to the detail we saw with npc built harbors.

-Third, is activity. People, boats, ships, moving parts, etc. That's what really brought our harbors to life.

So, hopefully, the devs note that all these things are important to those of us who love to make beautiful cities and harbors, and make sure to include them in 1800. It's all about the ornamentals!

AgmasGold
09-27-2017, 09:05 AM
In relation to your third point, in Anno 1404 the harbour got busier and busier the more the move movement of goods to and from the island increased. People walked from the pier or warehouse to the storehouses on the shorefront. Would love to see a feature like this in 1800!

Tev163
09-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty neat feature.

banan1996.1996
09-28-2017, 10:15 AM
I just hope for many harbour buildings and ornamentals allowing for creating unique and smoothly functioning harbours, that's it.

Arladin
02-20-2018, 06:52 AM
I like the harbor from 1404 where you can put things around your harbor. The 2070 style is ok but please dont do it like 2205.

ruuti0
02-20-2018, 06:01 PM
I like the harbor from 1404 where you can put things around your harbor. The 2070 style is ok but please dont do it like 2205.

I liked most 2070 way, I hope they do similar system that was in 2070.

stylisticsagi
02-21-2018, 06:42 PM
another nice touch could be to have a need for bigger docks to service bigger ships.
Or just bigger docks wich can service ships faster then smaller docks.

ruuti0
02-22-2018, 03:48 PM
I think that bigger and longer dock area (some advanced form) could allow more ships than one served same time.

In my opinion it sound too big game dynamic game that suddenly you couldn't have big ships come to your harbor anymore, if you don't have some kind of more advanced form of dock.