PDA

View Full Version : OP or bug

Warphorntek
09-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Hello i was playing my first tournament and i was pretty much in the lead, but when i played agains Raider everything changed. Thing is it because i am bad, but isnt a bit to much op that he gets free gb after BLOCKING her light attack from Valkery .... I mean its like you cut my legs of..... and i am not saying taht light is used in any chain at least once. without it she is almost non dmg factor just puch pillow.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Moondyne_MC
09-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Recovery times can be a funny thing. If I land a Sidewinder on my Nobushi and don't follow up, the recovery is so long that the enemy gets a guarunteed GB. Valk has this issue with all her dodge attacks - block a single one and it's free GB time. Higher level players know this very well, so you've gotta use them a lot more sparingly.

Blocking your regular light chain shouldn't give a free GB however.

SwellChemosabe
09-21-2017, 04:59 AM
blocking any light from a valk always gives a free guard break. it can be countered but you can still be Guard broken. been like that for a while. try feinting into a shield bash, that's usually a better option, at least in my opinion.

S0Mi_xD
09-21-2017, 05:20 AM
If the enemy blocks one of your dodge attack he gets a free gb.

But personally I think a GB is to much punish - a light would be enough.

SwellChemosabe
09-21-2017, 06:22 AM
If the enemy blocks one of your dodge attack he gets a free gb.

But personally I think a GB is to much punish - a light would be enough.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that, though the GB is guaranteed to connect, it's still possible to counter guardbreak.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-21-2017, 06:29 AM
I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that, though the GB is guaranteed to connect, it's still possible to counter guardbreak.

No you can't, blocking dodge attacks guarantee a gb that can't be countered. Her first two lights can be cgb when gb after a block but not her finishing light or dodge attacks.

SwellChemosabe
09-21-2017, 07:42 AM
^i'm gonna need to see a video of this then because I have literally been counter guard broken every timed I've tried to do it when blocking any light attack from valk

SenBotsu893
09-21-2017, 01:25 PM
only the dogde attacks give an untchable gb. every other light attack is spammable with no risk of beeing gb on block.

i might add that the gb on blocked dodge attack is a good thing. her dodge attack is very close to gladiators dodge attack in terms of speed. so in order to discourage spamming of that specific move its a wise decision to give it some form of risk.

and before you say:" but bersker/orochi/kensei dodge doesnt give gb on block".
those guys dodge attacks hav a much longer and even more telegraphed attackanimation and are very easy to react to if used as an initator. most likly leading into a parry.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-21-2017, 01:51 PM
only the dogde attacks give an untchable gb. every other light attack is spammable with no risk of beeing gb on block.

i might add that the gb on blocked dodge attack is a good thing. her dodge attack is very close to gladiators dodge attack in terms of speed. so in order to discourage spamming of that specific move its a wise decision to give it some form of risk.

and before you say:" but bersker/orochi/kensei dodge doesnt give gb on block".
those guys dodge attacks hav a much longer and even more telegraphed attackanimation and are very easy to react to if used as an initator. most likly leading into a parry.

Earliest her dodge attack can be done is 100ms into a dodge and the attack itself is 500ms. That's as slow as the slowest lights in the game, should you get a free gb on blocking raider lights? Even if you take out the dodge and just call it 500ms it's still absurd to give a gb on block. Should wardens top light, pk lights, LBs top light, centurion lights, gladiator lights, warlord side lights, berserker side lights, kensei top light, Orochi top lights, nobu side lights, and shinobi lights all be GBed on block? Nah.

Truth is it's too risky of an attack aside from doing it during an oos knockdown or on whiffs. It shouldn't ever be used as an initiator or even as a defensive tool without getting a good read.

Tyrjo
09-21-2017, 06:28 PM
Considering how useful dodge attacks can be, I think a GB is a fair punishment on block. You can't just dodge attack at random then, but use it on reaction.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Considering how useful dodge attacks can be, I think a GB is a fair punishment on block. You can't just dodge attack at random then, but use it on reaction.

Aren't really useful against someone whose reactions are good enough to block a raider light. Weren't we trying to get rid of the defensive meta? Why would we keep a mechanic that allows for 25-100 damage for blocking an attack that takes a full 600ms? It's not exactly incentivizing offensive gameplay.

Jarl.Felix
09-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Because this game would turn into a spam fiesta. It's a stategic fight game, not button smashing.

Not you mention valk swipe is so fast now you cant even dodge it anymore

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Because this game would turn into a spam fiesta. It's a stategic fight game, not button smashing.

Not you mention valk swipe is so fast now you cant even dodge it anymore

It's 600ms, on top of that you have to land two attacks to even get it out. If you think 500ms attacks should be punished with a block then let's start doing it with all of the 500ms light attacks.

Jarl.Felix
10-19-2017, 11:01 AM
You don't have to LAND any attack,. you just have to press the buttons. Even if he blocks you, you can do the swipe.

Besides now YOU CANNOT DODGE SWIPE ANYMORE unless you have an assasin hero ! So Valk has now a guaranteed unblockable, unparryable move who rewards top heavy after. Cute.

Oh did I mention swipe triggers through wall without a problem ? Every zone attack is blocked if you hit the wall, Valk can do it without a problem.

ChampionRuby50g
10-19-2017, 11:33 AM
You don't have to LAND any attack,. you just have to press the buttons. Even if he blocks you, you can do the swipe.

Besides now YOU CANNOT DODGE SWIPE ANYMORE unless you have an assasin hero ! So Valk has now a guaranteed unblockable, unparryable move who rewards top heavy after. Cute.

Oh did I mention swipe triggers through wall without a problem ? Every zone attack is blocked if you hit the wall, Valk can do it without a problem.

Is this true? Because thats a much better explanation than "surely I haven't gotten this bad on my 2 week break". Is Valk's spear sweep undodgeable now due to timesnap, or has something changed? Can a Ubisoft mod confirm?