PDA

View Full Version : Bot problems

rabidpikachu527
09-20-2017, 09:32 PM
If you are playing dom or elimination and the enemy has a full team while yours has one or two bots, you will most likely lose. Bots are pathetic in pvp 4v4 and the team with them should be given some kind of buff to compensate until the bot/s are replaced with actual people.

DoctorMcBatman
09-20-2017, 09:56 PM
I think the fact that bots aren't effective is less of a problem than the fact that some games go the entire time without finding a player to replace said bot. If someone quits halfway through - fine, keep the bot, doesn't make sense to bring a player in to play half a game with a likely already doomed team. However, what I don't understand is how some games start with bots in PvP, and are never replaced by players at all. Player activity may vary by region, but I'm on the east coast USA - you'd think the game can find a player rather than keeping a bot there the entire time.

Anyway, I'm sure the team has thought it out way more than I have and has good reasons for the current system... but who knows?

UbiNoty
09-20-2017, 10:52 PM
In most cases, bots will be a poor substitute for a real player unfortunately. (sometimes they can be pretty good though :)). But it's the better option over leaving the empty spots unfilled, and it's the best option that we have at the moment. Maybe we could try to have some kind of buff for the team with missing players, but it would have to take a lot of careful thought and consideration as to what should go into that buff exactly so it doesn't give an unfair advantage to either side.

As for the issue with players joining midway to replace a bot, that's more of a matchmaking issue and we're trying to work that out.

CandleInTheDark
09-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Honestly bots is better than nothing. I played Destiny and they go with real players or nothing and sure they will add players in even if it means a player is pretty much automatically going to get a loss, but you can imagine in control, which is their closest to dominion, how having one or two less people on your side can very quickly kill the game.

Bots do need an all around improvement I think (and apparently they are good at the new game mode being tested), but I honestly get more bothered when I go to pvsai with matchmaking off to complete contract orders as I feel I should get those on my own time as some of them, like capture x zones, require losing zones in the first place or soldier killing, to get it done quickly, requires you not to play the objective and honestly there have been a lot of times where my three partners have died over and over again, and since the bots rarely execute, you can quite often see three revive beacons on the field due to it and one opponent had more kills than my three bot allies put together in a few of those.