PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Map Jam (Ended)

UbiSkyBear
09-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Hello Far Cry Map builders,

We heard your demand for another Map Jam and well, we love to supply!

So for the next three weeks, we'll be holding a Freedom Map Jam! Using the FC4 Map Editor, we want you to create a map expressing the theme of Freedom.

How to participate?

Publish your FC4 map between September 20 and October 11. Now Over
The name of your map should start with “MJ2 - nameofmap”.
You are free to use any game mode and any in-game modifier. Please do not use third-party Mods.
You are free to create on any platform. Note that PC builders and Console builders will be split into 2x separate categories.
Your map should highlight your vision of what “Freedom” means in Far Cry: either in gameplay, narrative, and/or visual. For example, it could be the freedom of attacking an outpost from any angle. Or escaping from a cell and aiming for your freedom!
You can publish additional screenshots & videos to further promote your map.

For more inspiration, you can take a look at the fankit (http://bit.ly/farcry5fankit) and the FC5 E3 content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1687099-The-Big-E3-Thread). If you wish to pro-actively send us links to your images or videos, use Twitter (hashtag #FCMapJam) or email us (farcrycommunity@ubisoft.com).

Rules

Only ONE map creation can be submitted per person. This includes all platforms (So choose wisely)
No co-op projects or collaborations permitted. As much as we love co-op projects and collaborations, the idea is for solo projects to be created.
HAVE FUN! – We cannot stress this one enough. This is what Map Jams are about.

How will winners be selected?

We will hold separate contests from the PC builders and the Console builders.

From October 12 to 13, a selection of FC5 level designers and FC5 map editor developers will look at the maps created and vote for their favorites. The maps that get the most votes will win this Map Jam #2 (there will be others in the future). Winners in each contest (PC or Console) will be picked out of the four categories:

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_level_design%28web%29_296451 .png
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_graphic%28web%29_296452.png
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_narrative_small_302004.png
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_player_choice%28web%29_29645 0.png

Each category winner will receive a bundle of Far Cry 5 exclusive goodies.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_2_rewards_small_302003.jpg

Good luck and happy map building!
The Far Cry Community Team

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who participated in the Map Jam. The Map Jam has now ended and we will be announcing winners next week! :)

Fallen-Champ
09-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing the entries, the last Map Jam gave me some excellent maps so I am sure this one will offer up some quality stuff also.

Think I will try and push one out myself, maybe this time on XB1 - I have not made a map on XB1 with Far Cry 4 yet.

Farcryisdead
09-20-2017, 09:26 PM
Nice :) i will let everyone know about it in my xbox club - FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB (shameless plug)

TheSlimReeper
09-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Looking forward to everybody's creations, as always. Good luck.

Fallen-Champ
09-20-2017, 11:02 PM
http://www.alexmaximo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/braveheart-freedom-400x250.jpg

truesurv1val
09-20-2017, 11:52 PM
Cool, cant wait to see all the maps, i guess it can go in all directions cause freedom can mean alot of different things. Well best of luck.

S0GGY.
09-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Aw man, same prizes. I understand the decision behind it though.
I'm guessing winners of the last contest can't submit this time 'round?

Fallen-Champ
09-21-2017, 05:17 AM
Aw man, same prizes
I didn't see a copy of the Far Cry 5 game as a prize last time? - I think with this one the winners will get the game on release day - the game image looks like a prize.

Farcryisdead
09-21-2017, 09:11 AM
I think there will be huge interest in the map jam because winners get a free copy of fc5 and the theme is almost wide open. i dont like rigid theme contest myself, fixed themes will reduce the amount of entries by a huge amount. this contest will have 3x the entries of the last map jam :) all good for the community. i wont enter myself but i will encourage my club members to enter. good luck people.

Ubi-Salvenius
09-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Just to clarify:

As you may have noticed there are a few changes this time around and this is due to the feedback you gave us (Will still share our document we have, just got a little sidetracked ;))

We extended the length of the jam, so you guys can jam harder and if anything comes along to distract you, you will have time to finish and submit your entry.
Only one map can be submitted, you can still create multiple maps but that is down to you (We know some of you get a million ideas and work on two or three maps at the same time) and it is then your choice on which map to submit
As much as we love seeing people work together on projects, we felt that for the Map Jam and in the essence of a Map Jam that only solo entries should be permitted. By all means feel free to lend advice or help though.
We also feel it is important to emphasize that these Map Jams, whilst they have rewards at stake; are ultimately about having fun and we can't stress that enough.
The developers that were judging the last Map Jam felt that level design and game play were too similar and suggested to replace one with another category. We opted for "Best Narrative" - in short, this category will be about the story, plot and/or the journey you create within your map. I've seen some of those maps of yours, I know what you lot are capable of ;)
You might have noticed that "Player Choice" is still around but not mentioned as much. We won't be using Strawpoll but more on that a little later ;)

Fallen-Champ
09-21-2017, 11:47 AM
this contest will have 3x the entries of the last map jam :) all good for the community.

It will be interesting, I see less entries this time because there were a lot of people before who entered two or more maps and this time it is one map per person plus we are getting to the season where lots of games release so can they pull themselves away from Destiny 2 and other games, I hope there are more entries but don't see it unfortunately - it's an old game also.

Farcryisdead
09-21-2017, 12:34 PM
The chance to win a copy of fc5 will bring lots of people out for this contest imo.

Ubi-Salvenius
09-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Doesn't take long to max out grids and object credits. I can do that in one sitting of six hours. I had one idea left for a map. Maybe i'll join. But playing against bots feels like a waste of time now.

Not being funny and it's great you can do that but not everyone can whip up a map within 6 hours or be as confident that it will be a winner The extension of the Map Jam (from 2 weeks to 3 weeks) is for those that want to just focus on making sure their one map has everything they want in it. It was also done for those that may have real life to tend to or have something unexpected happen.

Remember this has been done due to feedback of entrants. In other words, you could knock a map out in 6 hours....doesn't mean you will submit it 1 hour later when you still have 2-3 weeks left. Plus what happens if you do submit it and then 4-5 days down the line you have another awesome idea?

Perhaps we could run a Map Jam another time with extreme rules for yourself and others where you must make an absolute 100% perfect map in under 7 hours. :)

akilyoung
09-21-2017, 02:31 PM
I dont really understand the theme, or lack of a theme.

Freedom isnt a theme imo. Its essentially wide open, no?

ImGonaG3tUsucka
09-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Another Map Jam Awesome.. As usual I have multiple projects going on with videos, maps and work.. So I hope to cover some maps for the map jam and the winners.I am just about done a very long running project that unfortunately it wont be in this Map jam. The PC map has some enhancements to it (mods). I want to thank Steve64b for his help. This map has been worked on for months and I hope it shows.. I will have a teaser video shortly. I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to playing their maps.

S0GGY.
09-21-2017, 02:46 PM
I didn't see a copy of the Far Cry 5 game as a prize last time? - I think with this one the winners will get the game on release day - the game image looks like a prize.

Oh man you're completely right, I didn't even register that the game boxes were prizes. Thanks for clarification

Ubi-Salvenius
09-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Your feedback hasn't been overlooked. As listed above, they are the changes we are using in this Map Jam. If things go well or that particular area is still an issue, then we'll look at the feedback and the new feedback given and try again.

In other words if we feel there does need to be a divide between the consoles then we will look into separating them next time around.

In regards to the rest, that's my point. Everyone is different or has different things going on. Those that can knock out 2,3, 20, 60 maps in 2 minutes can use the time to make sure everything is how they want it while others use the same amount of time to create their map while juggling other things

Example:

You -> Experienced map maker, has work, cranks out 3 maps in 3 days -> Gives you 18-19 days to make them look pretty, relax, check out other maps, crank out another map idea...then finalise 1 map you decide to submit.

Me -> Not experienced, has work, cranks out 1 map in 18 days -> Gives me a couple of days to make sure everything is good

Someone else -> Semi-experienced but known in the community, has work....cranks out 1 map in 10 days -> Family emergency strikes -> Has 1 day left to make sure everything is good.

If that someone else was in our last Map Jam, they would have missed out submitting their map because of their family emergency.

My point is, it's entirely up to you on how you use the time but to shorten it because you feel it's easy to do things is pretty short sighted and gives the wrong idea of the Map Jam. As already stated, whilst it is a contest, it's mainly for fun

@Akilyoung

Freedom is freedom, it can be interpreted however you see it. It does mean it's broad and vague but that's what we're after this time around. Fallen has got some good ideas

Punish69th
09-21-2017, 05:57 PM
This sounds like great idea, maybe a good extraction map breaking out of prison is a good plan.

akilyoung
09-21-2017, 08:02 PM
ok thx sal :)

Mathias338
09-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Awesome. I'm entering for sure.

Could the Map Jams be mentioned at the next Games Conference interviews?

Hey Sabotur, very cool to see you participating :)

As for your question, do you mean the GDC? (Game Developer Conference)
Or more like a normal game convention like Gamescom or PAX ?

Ubi-Salvenius
09-22-2017, 05:25 PM
After listening to feedback and some of your questions. We decided to delve a little deeper into some of the changes we made to this Map Jam. As always, we are always listening and looking to improve, so continue throwing your feedback to us.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_narrative_small_302004.png

The Narrative Category

There has been slight confusion as to what we are looking for with Narrative or how it might play a factor within decisions and judging.

Idea behind the category: The idea with Narrative is to tell a story either about the map or with the map itself. Put yourself in your judge's shoes, what do you want them to think and feel when exploring and experiencing your map? Do you want them to become immersed within the world you have created, do you want them to experience the thrill of a chase? That can be done with game play and level design but what about the smaller and finer details? This is where Narrative allows you to aim for the back story, to flesh out your map.

How?: This can be done in various ways, either In-game: by atmosphere, settings, surrounding environment but also by the use of the forums. You can add a little back story or lore when submitting your map entry. We're not looking for a novel mind you but there's nothing stopping you from creating one. We would say 50-150 words would be ideal but if you fancied going above that, then you could always add the rest in a tag, that way people can choose whether to read the rest/have your map spoiled or continue to read on and enjoy how much you have fleshed out the narrative.

Map Name: MJ2 - Name of Map
Objective of Map:
Blurb/Summary:
Additional Info:

Example: Now we don't want to give too much help away, after all it is your creation but we also know how sometimes it can be difficult to get the ball rolling

Map Name: MJ2 - The Fall Guy
Objective of Map: Escape prison....without being detected or killing anyone.
Blurb/Summary:
Day 65...it feels only like yesterday that they threw me in this rat infested, soul draining place. I've got to get out here but I'm running out of options, the odds are stacked against me and yet I am the only innocent person in this joint. They've got the wrong guy and no one cares, I didn't kill him, I have never killed anyone...or anything, well maybe a honey badger and the occasional annoying eagle but that's beside the point. Wait...I hear someone with keys coming, this is it...this is my chance!
[spoiler]Example of adding more story in case you want to continue or play out your map in text, such as writing about the character escaping his cell and sneaking past guards etc. essentially creating a walk through if you wanted.
Additional Info: Nope no tips, you're on your own muahahaha!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_player_choice%28web%29_29645 0.png

Player Choice Category

This one has been a real thinker in terms of how to combat the previous issues we were having but for now, we are going to use the in-game rating system. So yes rejoice, no more Strawpoll or other external polls :)

In regards to separating the consoles, we are still looking into that but we have heard some pretty good points that you folks have brought to our attention. For now it is still under debate but thankfully this kind of decision can be made at any time during the Map Jam, so for now...focus on those maps <3

AKAFootloose
09-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Thanks, that helps to clear things up, for me anyway. The theme is "freedom" but basically what you are saying there is no theme . We have the "freedom" to do what ever we like, right? Also we can only submit one entry but I have already seen 4 versions from the same person. Can I assume only the 1st map counts?

Steve64b
09-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Also we can only submit one entry but I have already seen 4 versions from the same person. Can I assume only the 1st map counts?

Seeing map makers can't delete/update their published maps, and a map needs to be published before it can be tested in coop, I'd assume a player's most recent map counts.

But otherwise, mappers should publish test versions of their map without a MJ2 prefix in the name?

AKAFootloose
09-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Ok, we need an official call on this one.

"Rules

Only ONE map creation can be submitted per person. This includes all platforms (So choose wisely)"

So if someone publishes multiple maps, which one counts? The 1st one or the last one?

"But otherwise, mappers should publish test versions of their map without a MJ2 prefix in the name?"

ducain23
09-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Really happy yall are doing another Map Jam! Doing contest really help bring new people and life into Far Cry. Can't wait to see peoples builds because last time there was some amazing ones!

Restylex.
09-24-2017, 06:48 AM
Time too use my secret skills. Stay tuned ! :p muhahaha

Ubi-Salvenius
09-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Thanks, that helps to clear things up, for me anyway. The theme is "freedom" but basically what you are saying there is no theme . We have the "freedom" to do what ever we like, right? Also we can only submit one entry but I have already seen 4 versions from the same person. Can I assume only the 1st map counts?

Hmmm good point, so:

Theme

I wouldn't say "no theme" but at the same time in a way, yes.

Without influencing anything, it's pretty much how you interpret it. Best way to explain it is with the question of "What is the first thing you think of or relate to the word freedom?" for some this is being imprisoned and escaping. For others it might be something patriotic and for someone else it could be letting go of something. At the same time it's also the same as you mentioned "You have the freedom to do whatever you like"...within the confines of the rules of course.

Map Entries/Submissions

Personally I would say the last submitted version of a map that is published before the end date (11th October) but I will clarify this with the rest of the Community Team on this one. The "one" map per person rule is mainly to do with not submitting different maps by one person. Due to the constraints of the FC4 Map Edtior, we know we will have to be lenient in some cases.

This time around we're trying to get people to focus on one map rather than dividing their time and effort over multiple maps (Though that is still entirely up to the map maker), as long as only ONE is submitted, as in...it would be advisable for a map maker to contact us and state that MJ2 - Map1byPersonA is their official submission while MJ2 - Map2byPersonA isn't.

Steve's idea of not using the prefix for test versions would be ideal but there isn't any way of us policing this and would be trusting entrants.

Again like with the previous Map Jams, any feedback you have for us to improve is always appreciated.

AKAFootloose
09-25-2017, 11:51 AM
Ok, we need to nail this down. What if someone published 10 versions of the same map. If you leave it up to the creator which one is official, obviously he will pick the one with the highest rating. If you don't stop this now we will have the browser flooded with multiple entries of the same map. To me one map means ONE. After you publish one... you are done!

Ubi-Salvenius
09-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Ok, we need to nail this down. What if someone published 10 versions of the same map. If you leave it up to the creator which one is official, obviously he will pick the one with the highest rating. If you don't stop this now we will have the browser flooded with multiple entries of the same map. To me one map means ONE. After you publish one... you are done!

That's why it wouldn't be up to the creator but up to us, which is why I will be talking with Mathias and co in regards to this.

So for example - this is what I am thinking.

Map Maker creates map September 22nd, publishes it, this is version 1

They create 4 more versions between now and Oct 10th
Their final submission is version 6 but they feel version 3 is best because that is the one that got the highest rating.

Version 6 for us is the final and only submission to count

This would be the same for player choice - Although version 3 got more votes, only the latest version should count

As I say, we will have an internal discussion about it and see what we can come up with.

AKAFootloose
09-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Hmmm good point, so:

.it would be advisable for a map maker to contact us and state that MJ2 - Map1byPersonA is their official submission while MJ2 - Map2byPersonA isn't.

I guess I misunderstood this comment.

It would be to everyone's advantage to only publish a single entry. Revisions hardly ever do better than the original and the more times a map is published the harder it is to get people to play them. Personally I see no reason to publish a test version. It plays the same if you test play an unpublished map "in-game"... Do Not Test from within the editor... only "in-game. But if they still need a test to play co-op, just don't name it MJ2 until you have the final version.

Fallen-Champ
09-25-2017, 01:56 PM
I would say the newest version of the map is the one you go with, anyone who re-publishes a map does so because they find an issue or someone points out a problem or a way to make the map better - This is all because the Far Cry 4 system is a mess and does not allow us to over-write previous maps or to take down / delete versions with problems.

The last Map Jam shows how bad this is because there were lots of versions of the same map re-edited with fixes.

There is one concern though if a map receives some negative votes could that creator re-publish their map closer to the deadline so its rating might not be affected as much ?
It would have been more interesting if we could only publish one map and the first one published is the one entered so if there are issues then they stand with the map - and no way to say I don't like that map now I want to submit this instead - so one time only - that would make people perfect what they have and think more before publishing.
(Often map makers do long stretches in the editor and can be tired when the map is published so it can be easy to make mistakes)

akilyoung
09-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Ill be sitting this one out, look forward to seeing some maps though! I hope to see even more effort than the last one, theres plenty of time to make great maps here.

Good luck to yall!

AKAFootloose
09-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Publishing a map "anytime" should not be taken lightly. So many people use the browser for their own personal garbage dump and republish a new version every time they get a new idea. That is not only wrong it hurts the chances of that map being successful! If there are multiple copies of the same map, which one do you play? I can tell you most people will play the version with the most stars. All maps have errors or things wrong with them but revising versions is not a good idea. But my biggest concern is multiple copies of the same map is robbing proper exposure time for the maps on the new list. There are many that publish back to back and will list the same map twice in a row. sometimes as many as 10 times in a row knocking off other maps before their time. Limiting a player to publish one map per day would help this. That and being able to delete the old version.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
09-25-2017, 09:10 PM
*cough* perhaps in future farcry's *cough* we could be given the option to alter, update, and delete our published maps *cough* to avoid the +10 published 'versions' issue *cough*

AKAFootloose
09-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Ok, now to complicate it further, On PC we now have a creator with 2 different map entries Which "one" map is the official map? In this case it may not really matter as both maps were made with a mod and should be disqualified.

TheSlimReeper
09-25-2017, 10:58 PM
My suggestion for the next map jam since everybody seems to be talking about it, if you publish more than one competition map with the map jam tag, you are disqualified. For it to be a rule, it has to be enforced. Regardless, once again, looking forward to playing some maps.

AKAFootloose
09-25-2017, 11:09 PM
My suggestion for the next map jam since everybody seems to be talking about it, if you publish more than one competition map with the map jam tag, you are disqualified. For it to be a rule, it has to be enforced. Regardless, once again, looking forward to playing some maps.

I agree with you. Don't any of these people read the rules?

Steve64b
09-26-2017, 12:14 AM
heh why overcomplicate things? Only 1 map per user qualifies to be their 'MJ2' entry; their latest MJ2 map uploaded when the Jam ends.

If they want to upload multiple maps, fine. But Ubisoft will only consider the last one as part of the Map Jam.

Punish69th
09-26-2017, 02:27 AM
I spent 4 days on this map. I never spend more than a a day or less to make them but being that this is a map jam I gave it more time. It helps being retired. :)
My only MJ2 map is uploaded:

NAME: MJ2 - Stockade Run
OBJECTIVE: Escape the Stockade, use stealth if you can. A few weapons at disposal. Lot's of climbing and some swimming. 1 Ammo box, extraction in a dangerous base.
BLURB/SUMMARY:
To my wife, I write my last will and testament. I am sitting inside a five by a seven-foot cage. My mind is twitchy, my heart is racing. My last letter to you was six months ago. So much has happened since then. Zack and I were top guards here at Marnix fuel station in Southeast Asia. We were top on our list for weapons and explosives. As always we abided by the rules, we held our heads high with honor and were this side of happy here.
Then four months ago Zack got into it with two of the other rat faces in cell block-4 during our off-duty night. The pub housed some tough hombre and Zack just happened to upset the local riff-raff. One thing led to another and a man died and well, here I am. They gave me a year for the assisted brawl and Zack was slammed with two. He couldn't hold it together and broke out. He took the helo number 617 off the pad but was out of practice and forgot about the guarded bridge on the mountainside. The crash was horrific as it slammed into the gorge. He crawled out of the cockpit and died next to the chopper. He is still there with a guard next to him. No one is allowed to bury him, they use Zack for a reminder never to mess with the guys in white.

Before he left he said, "He buddy, in case I don't make it, there's a knife in the cage frame. Bust out and get back to Helen, let her know what happened to me. P.S. I noticed a beehive above the stockade next to the door. It was there for weeks and no one noticed. By now it must be huge unless they found it. Use the knife; disturb the bees and kill the guards, just don't get hasty or you will be a human pin cushion. I saw that Corey's old bow and D-50 was in the cage next to him where he used to sleep. It's on the right under his old mattress. I also confiscated some ammo and hid it in the box near it. Be careful, don't try to steal the other helo number 731, they keep her empty for safety reasons and you can't fly it so use grappling and zip lines and watch the tunnels, one of them is under water. I hope you have good lungs? Don't try using your wingsuit, remember it is full of tears.
You have a couple of miles to go, and some mine shaft high up is caved which requires some climbing. A friend of mine managed to leave me a couple of mines and C4 charges near the entrance, use them wisely.
You'll need to have some frog legs to jump some ledges, remember this, that the extraction points is deep inside a rock mine in the middle of the main base which is crawling with rats. Good luck and goodbye my friend.
Zack."
ADDITIONAL INFO: "Try not to get yourself killed."

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/punish365/images/stockade1
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/punish365/images/stockade2
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/punish365/images/stockade3

Punish69th
09-26-2017, 02:30 AM
So much for the photos I added, the link is not showing up. It's been years since I had to do this. It could be Angelfire's old problem of not sharing the links?

Ubi-Salvenius
09-26-2017, 02:23 PM

That would be doable. Not sure if it can be enforced via Map Browser but it can certainly be "blacklisted" by us manually. After all there were maps in the previous Map Jam that used mods and that was blacklisted and wasn't included in the polls.

Ok, now to complicate it further, On PC we now have a creator with 2 different map entries Which "one" map is the official map? In this case it may not really matter as both maps were made with a mod and should be disqualified.

Pretty much what Steve64b said.We'll consider the last published or latest published. If things need to be more strict then we'll look into that for future Map Jams but we don't want to go from one extreme to another as that might turn people away.

Again we want this to be fun, yes there are rewards on the line but if we were doing this in a competitive and serious environment then there would be more stricter rules that would challenge Map makers both starting and seasoned alike.

We will do our best on our end but we do ask and request that those entering will make our lives a little easier :)

Also regarding player choice...and this will make GRAW2Robz happy. Console category will be split. That means for Player Choice only, there will be three winners (PC, PS4 and XB1)

AKAFootloose
09-26-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm Ok with the last published map as the only valid map. I just wanted it cleared up. When I read only one entry per person I just assumed people would only submit one. I didn't expect multiple versions and multiple different maps. Good idea on the 3 players choice... there are 3 separate browsers... only makes sense to me. Maybe next time put "No Mods" in BOLD print... ha ha ha

Ubi-Salvenius
09-26-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm Ok with the last published map as the only valid map. I just wanted it cleared up. When I read only one entry per person I just assumed people would only submit one. I didn't expect multiple versions and multiple different maps. Good idea on the 3 players choice... there are 3 separate browsers... only makes sense to me. Maybe next time put "No Mods" in BOLD print... ha ha ha

No worries, always happy to clear things up since after all if it doesn't make sense then it may need to be edited ;)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
09-27-2017, 07:40 PM
I published mine yesterday after fixing 6 late draw-ins. One still remained. I hope Ubisoft kinda over looks that quick blink of a late draw in. Plus I was maxed objects. Not much left to do. MJ2-Jail Break extraction mode.

I played the map. I liked it. The only issue is the one stairway. Must be something above it. Most likely an occlusion issue. I recorded footage of your map. But did not record any issues in the map. So that is not seen in the video. I will include it with the next Far Cry clubs video. It should be done in a day or two.

I also made a video with these issues that some Mappers may have.
https://youtu.be/nepj7Vs1vFA

ImGonaG3tUsucka
09-27-2017, 08:54 PM
I like the details in the map and that you made it coop. Also you can complete it two different ways. I think the difficulty is good too. But that maybe different for different players.

Fallen-Champ
09-28-2017, 07:09 PM
I seen my map on youtube and they made it with maybe killing 5 guys. First time seeing that done. Not sure if all on first time recording it or ya played it a few times. Shocked ya took the water.

If you don't want people to go in the water then don't put water in the map - simple.
I have maybe played it 5 times in total and not once dd I take that left hand route over the dam because when I tried I had lots of A.I. coming that way and I didn't have the best weapons at hand.

It was only on my 4th go that I noticed the crossbow and that other weapon, previously I saw the bow and ran straight past the other weapons without seeing them, my fault I am always on the move.

The first video I had I went straight down into the tunnel and had those A.I. that throw knives and Molotov then the heavy gunner - managed to take them all down but I ran straight past the room with the ammo and weapons.

Some of the things you mention I just didn't see - with it been Extraction when I play I have one goal to get to that extraction point by the quickest route possible, why hang around ?
You could always publish it again as Outpost and have one alarm in the tunnel underneath and have several more dotted around the map.

3 out of the 5 plays I had I opted for the water, the other 2 I just broke the gate down and went straight for the extraction point - The map can be a test when all the A.I. come at you so I generally try to avoid that - maybe I should look at the maps in the editor first but I feel its cheating if I had my way the editor would be locked unless I wanted someone to have access - more so for multiplayer because people can look and learn where the spawns are which I don't think is right.

When I go full rambo I usually die.

Fallen-Champ
09-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Tell you what I would like GRAW2ROBZ if it recorded the number of kills and quickest times and had them on a database or even sharing among friends online, that would add replayability especially in coop to try and get more kills than a friend.

As for Extraction I always see it as a race - I still play like it's multiplayer and don't stand still very long so would love to get times recorded as a marker for others to beat.
The helicopter apparently looks good in the editor then falls over when published, someone said there are ways around it but you don't know until you publish then you cant update or delete so it could be a little hit and miss.

Yeah I will be mostly MP with FC5

AKAFootloose
09-28-2017, 08:46 PM
You can test for the Blackhawk tilting without publishing. ALWAYS test play from the game.... NOT the editor. From the game menus, select Map Editor\All My Maps\[Map Name} and then select PLAY, not "Open in Editor". Doing it this way it will play the same as it does after it is published. The Blackhawk tilting is not the only issue, there are many things that perform different, such as Hang Glider and AI movement to only name a few.

Fallen-Champ
09-28-2017, 09:28 PM
I really don't know why the gliders in Far Cry 2,3,4 are so bad to fly.
2 had them flipping in somersaults at times, 3 sometimes it moved and couldn't be picked up or you would fall off, back on Instincts you had really good control with the glider and could do loops then pull back and gain height - some could go so high that they hit an invisible ceiling - you could also land very close to where you wanted to be.

I did a lot more work on a map today in the editor it will be my first Far Cry 4 map on Xbox One, hope I can get it finished in time - unsure of the mode it will be either Outpost or Extraction.
The crazy ideas I had for the map I will save for FC5 I don't think people are ready for it yet.

longridr
09-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Oh man, time to wipe off the old rust and get back into the swing of things! Looking forward to seeing how far everyone's come! :)

Restylex.
10-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Here is my map entering for MJ2.
Map called MJ2 - Statue Liberty on PS 4 browser.
Full name of the map is : Statue of Liberty Island.
Narrative mode.

Narrative :

Data transition :
Downloading……100 %
Ready

Bodycam1 : Active
Battery : LOW
GPS Location: Liberty island, NY

October 11, 2022,

Pre-log:
5 years ago, one of the parties pressed the red button to end the world as we know it. Due to the fallout, the world changed in a dusty, windy and yellow environment.
80% of humanity was destroyed.
Through the atomic bombs thrown.
The survivors who knew early, searching for shelter in their shelters. Letting the world bleed to dead.
The citizen who had nothing to do with it was confounded by the decision of some.

Incoming data message......

Mission log:
Date : 11-10-2022
time : 15.20 +/-
You are exclusively selected to do this mission. Your skills are excellent.
Pagan will give his birthday on holy American soil, liberty island, NY.
As a winner of the five-year war, Pagan soldiers destroyed the original freedom image and put Pagan on his pedestal.
It is your mission to eliminate Pagan with all the possibilities that are deemed necessary.
Be aware of the Elite soldiers who are protecting Pagan.

As reward I’ll give you Mexico, because i don't like the people over there

you are great and super awesome,....

Make America great again !

Gen. D. Trump

( The one who pushed the red button )

MJ2 - Statue Liberty

https://youtu.be/BkSeXn-dh8o

PSN: Restylex

Youtube : Restylex farcry 4 map editor

SETHO-1
10-03-2017, 07:57 PM
https://pasteboard.co/GNgoGtU.pngNAME: MJ2 - VENGEANCE
OBJECTIVE: Take unholy vengeance upon the Malevolent order.
Find and kill the cult leader Pastor Minius.
Free your brother's soul from eternal torment.
Blurb/Summary.
It was a bright yet misty morning as I arrived at my brother's house.
The evening before, I had received word from a trusted ally that the ancient castle across the lake from his residence had been infiltrated by the notorious cult The Malevolent order.
After pushing my informant for more information, I found out that my brother was taken by the cult leader Minnius.
He was abducted to be part of a horrific demonic experiment.
A deep sadness began to consume me, like a storm engulfing a lone vessel out at sea.
This feeling soon began to turn to an immense anger that filled my entire being.
I wanted vengeance...and vengeance I will have.
I knew from past encounters with the Malevolent order what this entailed for my brother's soul.
He was now a malicious demon, and the only savior for him was death.
I must get to him before nightfall and free his soul from the demon's grip.
If I fail before the stroke of midnight, he will become an immortal demon, doomed to roam these lands in torment for eternity.
"They took my brothers soul, now I will take theirs"
Additional Info:
Explore your environment, you'll find tools to help you achieve your task.
Roast factor of 8.5, if alarms are triggered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ODmmKknvU

SETHO-1
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GNgoGtU.png

Fallen-Champ
10-03-2017, 09:41 PM
https://youtu.be/MsgtRAgMlTg

It might break a few hearts that map, really enjoyed it.

Restylex.
10-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Setho already enjoyed your grapics :D ! Damn beautiful. Nice work, many hours and skills are worth the results. Too bad you got to the pc, but your right saying you got more budget to make nice maps :cool:

SETHO-1
10-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Thanks Restylex :) I will still be making maps on the PS4 though especially farcry 5 if the budget gets increased:cool:

Restylex.
10-04-2017, 12:15 AM
I got youtube account linked on my tubepage, to get more viewers

SETHO-1
10-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Cheers mate, I appreciate it :D

Evil-G-Ferret
10-04-2017, 11:19 PM
That castle looks awesome. Looks like we got a winner for best map design for PC. Got my vote if I had it for PC. Ya can tell its PC with unlimited objects holy cow. On console we be lucky to make 10% of that map. hahahah

Yeah I wish we would have at least 25x more budget than what we have right now on ps4. lol

Evil-G-Ferret
10-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Awesome job on the map Setho-1! I wish we could play this map on ps4,, I hope you win this map jam dude!

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Just published my map

NAME: mj2 - HEAVY METAL
OBJECTIVE: A captive of war about to be fed to the Rhino's, you must do everything within your power to climb your way out of this damned puzzle of a Factory, and make sure to kill as many hostiles as you go.
BLURB/SUMMARY: They held us in a chamber for days without food and water, stripping us of our weapons and our pride. At long last we were led out and into a small room, nothing but a hole in the floor. One by one I watched as they shoved my fellow captives down the hole. Echo's of screams and roars came from below, and I trembled as I was brought up next. Surely there must be a way out of this hell hole? While they were walking us through the halls I saw several ounces of C4 that could be useful, and a loading truck that could possibly help bridge the gap between an old, caved in bridge out side. I just have to get to them. Oh no, this guy is bringing up his weapon for the swing- gotta think quick!

Dark-Knight128
10-08-2017, 02:11 AM
Here's my Entry
Map Jam Entry:
MJ2 Ė Los Paradios
Name of Map Creator:
Dark-Knight128
Platform:
PS4
Objective:
Take out all the hostiles in the area, using any weapons or the environment to your advantage.
Description:
Diary Log: 29/09/2014
Time: Unknown
In and out, that was the mission, easy, simples! That was until we encountered some Ďminorí technical difficulties. by minor I mean being spotted by our Pagan minís friends from Kyrat submersing our highly armed Golden Path escort and eventually landing in the middle of the Indian ocean, with only a fidget spinner and diary to pass the time.
After landfall on a remote island; Los Paradios, I come across a lovable baboon [Hurk] on the other side and a small but highly trained group of psychopathic, killjoy pirates. Seems Iíve got to fix this one with some style!

Note: In terms of "Freedom", I decided to play with the idea of giving the player complete control over how they tackle the mission (which is taking out the military hostiles on the map), though originally intending the player to kill animals in order to collect resources to survive. the tremendous time in which to take out each individual animal crossed with the fact that the animals blended into the environment created a host of technical issues. Prominently with each play through became noticeably boring and forced. Changing Game modes allowed for more possibility on the map itself without completely diminishing the players interest.

Another aspect was creating the map itself, originally created as a square shaped map with emphasis on non-realistic, artistically design, I eventually molded the core design into a more realistic environment, which favored a more natural transition between land and sea. it also helped in creating the illusion of a much larger area (with the original design having a form of motor transport - the functionality of the vehicles meant that it shattered the sense of scale, thankfully this was optimized in later drafts).

I played around with the Co-Op functionality offered by Far Cry 4, but because of time constraints and the fact that players might fight over resources in the same area, I decided to place either spawn points on parallel ends of the island. With player one occupying the west end of the island whist the second would reside in the furthermost eastern peninsula. The idea being that it would offer both parties a unique perspective on either side of the island, along with finding unique arsenal for each player, from which to tackle the less than friendly inhabitants (Though both players are offered: Revolver, Shotgun, Flare Gun and C4 at the beginning for defense and offensive gameplay).

Lastly, the map is littered with ammo, weapons and boats/gyrocopters, the idea was to capitalize the concept of freedom, whereby the players could make certain decisions which could affect the outcome of the playthrough. Though I streamlined the experience due to past experiences in giving people the chance to go anywhere...because there's always that one guy that knows just the trick in breaking the game (:cool: fun times!).

Here's some screenshots to feast your eyes on!

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171004184537.jpg

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171007171659.jpg

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171007172330.jpg

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171004184717.jpg

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171007171506.jpg

http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171004184309.jpg

The entire map (Both land and underwater area's):
http://corner.2016.dmedia.hosting.hull.ac.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Far-Cry%C2%AE-4_20171007174510.jpg

P.S. Visit the Green lights in the map, you might find something useful!

Nasty_-_Nate
10-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Hey everybody. I wrapped up my castle over the weekend. It has great visuals. Some people found the gameplay too difficult so I toned it down and changed the name to
"MJ2 Kings Weakness".
the bridge turned out just how I wanted it but ran out of budget for the castle.
NARRATIVE - The local monarch has ran out of budget constructing his Royal Citadel and has implemented several new taxes on the starving population in order to complete the project. When you refused to pay you and your family were thrown off the highest part of the castle bridge to make an example to the rest of the populace. Construction resumed and talk of rebellion began. 1 year later a mythical crow landed on your grave and excreted. You emerged from the grave with supernatural powers of low gravity, jump height, and extra health bars to avenge your family and free the people.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/4keldmvkmzyz63k/22291431_10159458258395597_5979864254454709225_o.j pg[/url]
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1k3eigkgxplra3r/22256395_10159458256165597_1523812135303546543_o.j pg

Nasty_-_Nate
10-08-2017, 09:35 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/wmnox.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/aomi53.jpg

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-08-2017, 10:06 PM
mine is on XBOX btw

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Just published an updated version that fixed a breach in the map boundaries, xboxone mj2- HEAVY METAL 2.0

longridr
10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Map Name: MJ2-The Last Dragon
Platform: Xbox One
Game Mode: Outpost

Also made the accompanying song as a sort of "Theme Song" Volthrax aka Longridr- The Last Dragon which is played during the video.
Short Introductory story,

Day 1,

i Came here searching for answers, ancient drawings scrawled on ruined tablets. My team and I thought we'd find nothing, but they hid the truth from us. The Templars hiding their most treasured secret. A relic lost to the centuries behind walls of fiction and literature, Now they've come, to muzzle another conspiracy, and to keep the spoils of war for themselves to add to their growing numbers.

Day 3,

i am to be made Tranquil, with not a meaningful memory left to be shared from these months ahead... a secret must be kept a secret, and that secret will remain hidden for no longer. i must escape this place and see for myself what we've long been searching for before I end up as one of them.

Day 5,

I've been hearing a strange sound at night, almost like the howling of the wind, but no wind is blowing, growing louder and louder these few days. When i see my chance to escape i must take it. I've got what i need from one of the guards during the last session, now all i have to do is wait for an opening....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cGJoIoMyiY

Hopefully you all enjoy! :)

Fallen-Champ
10-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Map Name: MJ2-The Last Dragon
Platform: Xbox One - Game Mode: Outpost

longridr welcome back - so this is your first map on Far Cry 4 ? (It's been a few years man)
i will try and get mine finished tonight it's also on XB1 (My 1st on that platform) good seeing you put a map out for this - Good Luck.

jwilky1998
10-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Cool offer, 11th is tomorrow. Gona try to make that publish tonight. I figure the publish is the aspect of publishing your map to multiplayer. My map is a recreation of MJ2-PocaRiverWV , my home. I pray to god FC5 comes with map editor. GL

Fallen-Champ
10-10-2017, 11:17 PM
MJ2 - Race 2 Freedom

by Fallen Champ - Platform Xbox One - Mode Outpost

So this works for Solo or Coop.

The story is that the Island is owned by two brothers who would often compete to race on a track around the Islands perimeter to see who was the fastest, their way on and off the Island was using the buzzer which is in a tiny fenced in compound accessible through a small underground bunker, one of the brothers went out shopping in the buzzer to another island and when he came back there was a military presence hell bent on taking his life as a price had been put on his head by you guessed it the brother who was supposed to be his friend.

So you have two choices at the start you can play in coop with a friend and race around the track and through the middle of the village but watch out for those enemy soldiers.
Or you can infiltrate the Island and maybe if you spare your brother and save him for later you can still race around the track to see who is the victor and then once and for all put your brother to rest.

You know he put on his special pink suit and had his hair dyed to celebrate your death so that's down to you - It's kill or be killed.

This is mostly untested in gameplay as it was a rush to try and get it published so any issues feel free to let me know - feedback always welcomed good or bad - Thanks and good luck to everyone who entered Map Jam 2

Viragoxv535
10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
jwilky1998, welcome to the forums. The map editor will surely be there in Far Cry 5. Good luck with your map.

longridr
10-11-2017, 03:24 AM
longridr welcome back - so this is your first map on Far Cry 4 ? (It's been a few years man)
i will try and get mine finished tonight it's also on XB1 (My 1st on that platform) good seeing you put a map out for this - Good Luck.

Thanks Man! Yeah, It's been a while so i wanted to make something i'd love to make and i'm glad to see i can atleast still make things after the long hiatus lol.

Just checked your ma out! really like it! first time around i grabbed the shotgun and carbine and went straight to the enemies and got blow up in the truck haha. second time around i went in more stealthy, definitely like the terrain work in it. made for great cover as well. that dog gave me quite the surprise in that building half way up. but definitely had fun while clearing it all out! makes me want to get back into the single player!
Went through it again as a race track, and it was definitely a good introduction to vehicles on maps for me! Went around really smoothly and definitely felt like a action sequence driving through the gunfire.

Fallen-Champ
10-11-2017, 04:42 AM
Thank's longridr I appreciate you playing it, there is a bunker up top I found some occlusion issue and didn't have time to solve what was causing it so fenced it off as visual inside now, also wanted to take more time on the track - it works but not many overtake places.

There is one highlighted area on the map with a small icon, this is where you go to get in the buzzer - that section of the map otherwise isn't really used.
I will play yours today - looking forward to it.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-11-2017, 05:25 AM
So that's it eh, the contest closes tonight?

truesurv1val
10-11-2017, 08:33 AM
So that's it eh, the contest closes tonight?

Jup, must say the quality of the maps overall is better then last time. Guess the expanded time to build and 1 map per person had effect.

SETHO-1
10-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Bummed I can't play this, don't have an Xbox :( are you doing a promo vid ?

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-11-2017, 09:05 AM
https://youtu.be/mst38kIqbMU

Gameplay footage of my Xbox submission. Idk what happened to audio. Donít watch if you donít want the puzzle to be spoiled

Alpha_sgt_14
10-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Wow, just had the time to play through a majority of the pc maps for this contest. I think there are a good 25-30 entries though some are duplicates for some reason. I might have to wipe the dust off my xbox to get in on some of these Xbox maps you guys have been making. I got pretty nostalgic earlier and I was playing some old maps back on fcpred. Man, miss those guys from the old community. I was a little ****head back then tho haha

Anyways, this map jam is a great idea from the devs. People are starting to come back :)

Fallen-Champ
10-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Bummed I can't play this, don't have an Xbox :( are you doing a promo vid ?
I would put them onto PS4 via Map Swapper but can't get past the Network Connection again, the old settings I had wrote down oddly don't work so I can't get the PS4 connected up:(

Alpha_sgt_14
10-11-2017, 11:26 PM
It is a bummer that map swapped doesn't work for the Xbox. I really like the idea of this feature already built into the game of sorts. Maybe maps that meet the object limit can be crossplay but those who fail to do so are just srickly for pc.

jwilky1998
10-12-2017, 03:40 AM
This map gives the awh to the oohs. From the sunset to the ridge the line. This map was a recreation of a 1/2 a mile from my ip position. Gents, that is freedom. When you play this map you feel its meant to be. You decide when, where, how and if you die. That is custom. This map makes you feel roomy with eyecandy up close. Have fun getting your self killed because you want to take another breath in or go for a daring ride. I discluded over thousands of potential object to make time for this gig from starting late by not using the forums. You will appreciate the 40 hours i only put in and I will appreciate you. 40 hours, but heres some story..

Over 4 years ago i bought FC3 and recreated the same thing a dozen times through xbox. Here i've made it the dozenth time for you on FC4 through PC. What made me find out about this gig was that I google searched "FC5 have map editor". Solely, because the map editor decides if I continue my passion with this franchise. You should look at the margin between players that buy FC and who joined the forums. Because there's people who make maps alone. Bump them numbers up with a full unloaded map editor. It was funny how my FC3 map made everything look Coastal from its models. While now on FC4 we got it looking India. So yea, I really pray FC5 brings it, considering its' teasys merica twist. Thanks

Farcryisdead
10-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Good luck everyone.

TheSlimReeper
10-13-2017, 11:48 PM
There was once again, a ton of maps to play guys. Enjoyed playing all the creations. :D

longridr
10-14-2017, 07:43 AM
There was once again...

Agreed, a lot of maps to look at! Enjoyed seeing and playing the different styles of maps out there!

TheSlimReeper
10-14-2017, 09:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzsCeqzppxs

My map jam 2 submission. MJ2 Taken Hearts.

Viragoxv535
10-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Will the results be communicated also via Twitch ?

Alpha_sgt_14
10-16-2017, 06:34 PM
A live stream with the announcements would be awesome. They would have index cards with the winners like the academy awards... haha :) could picture it now. Lala land should have won

Ubi-Salvenius
10-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Hey folks,

Announcement of the winners will be done via forums and website, no live stream announcement but perhaps we can work on something in the future.

Although currently I think the devs have asked for a bit more time in regards to choosing, once again you have all blown us away with your creativity and I certainly know I've been having difficulty choosing my favourites.

So we do apologise for the delay of announcing the winners but boy you know how to make choices difficult :P

Alpha_sgt_14
10-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Hey folks,

Announcement of the winners will be done via forums and website, no live stream announcement but perhaps we can work on something in the future.

Although currently I think the devs have asked for a bit more time in regards to choosing, once again you have all blown us away with your creativity and I certainly know I've been having difficulty choosing my favourites.

So we do apologise for the delay of announcing the winners but boy you know how to make choices difficult :P

Oh, no worries about the stream :)
I had the chance to look around and you were not kidding. There are so many cool maps out there and especially on ps4. Wow, the devs have their work cut out for them.

Ubi-Salvenius
10-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Indeed, I've been able to sneak away for an hour or two for the last week or so just so I could play some of the maps. So glad I did now :P

I certainly do have a couple of favourites but it's not been easy....I do kind of wish that I didn't suck at shooters on console though. I'm a Keyboard & Mouse guy when it comes to FPS (Not that it makes me any better at FPS XD)

TheSlimReeper
10-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Keyboard and mouse all the way! Controllers are much better though if you just want to play more comfortably.

Steve64b
10-17-2017, 11:56 PM
I do kind of wish that I didn't suck at shooters on console though. I'm a Keyboard & Mouse guy when it comes to FPS

According to this video, Far Cry 4 on PS4 at least is compatible with the Xim Keyboard+Mouse combo (http://xim.tech).
I think getting Keyboard+Mouse working on PS4/XBox would be feasible. I reckon your test crew should have some lying around for 'compatibility testing'? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j69tIIcHtlI

Ubi-Salvenius
10-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Steve...stop...you're ruining my excuse for being bad at video games :P

Alpha_sgt_14
10-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Steve...stop...you're ruining my excuse for being bad at video games :P

You and me both.. slimreaper can definitly abide by that. He is always reviving me in fc4.. haha, he's getting mad at my horrible skill :)