PDA

View Full Version : Orochi's top light...

Yoshimitsu_440
09-19-2017, 11:34 PM
So since when can u block second hit from Orochi's top light if u have hyper armor? I am rep 24 with orochi but i havent used him in a while but I picked him up today and shugo rep 5 was blocking second top light every other time...something new to me when fighting shugo.

Helnekromancer
09-19-2017, 11:58 PM
Because the hyper armor allows the user to not be stagggered and because of that allows the shugo to block up even though he is being hit so he can stop the second light, If he didn't have the armor you would get out both lights because the 1st light staggered him.

matt89connor
09-20-2017, 08:00 AM
top lights dmg should be nerfed, at least the second attack, is too powerful for a free dmg XD....

matt89connor
09-20-2017, 08:01 AM
...and the side light attacks should be buffed in term of speed, a little bit

kweassa1
09-20-2017, 08:11 AM
So since when can u block second hit from Orochi's top light if u have hyper armor? I am rep 24 with orochi but i havent used him in a while but I picked him up today and shugo rep 5 was blocking second top light every other time...something new to me when fighting shugo.

Since launch.

matt89connor
09-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Since launch.

yes, but maybe the first mounth many players after suffer the first hit they think in his mind that they was stunned so they don't react XD

Yoshimitsu_440
09-20-2017, 01:25 PM
yes, but maybe the first mounth many players after suffer the first hit they think in his mind that they was stunned so they don't react XD

Since launch I am pretty sure second light was UB if first one hits, plus it says that if first light hits then s second light guaranteed to hit.

kweassa1
09-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Since launch I am pretty sure second light was UB if first one hits, plus it says that if first light hits then s second light guaranteed to hit.

But it doesn't say it's UB.

The character screen simply states: "Top Light Attack Combo - Your second Top Light Attack is guaranteed if the first one hits".-- but It doesn't explain through use of which mechanics that happens.

After a while people figured out with testings that the activation time of the 2nd top light is 200ms... and as a matter of fact all guaranteed "double hit" moves are 200ms. This is the fastest attack in existence in the game, with 2nd place being Highlander OF lights and PK ZA, and especially PK's 2nd light attack which ... all clocking in @ 400ms.

From the fact that the PK's 2nd light is not guaranteed, and the fact that the devs always model time increments in 100ms increments, we can easily deduce the following:

(a) the hit recovery time on lights is 300ms
(b) the "guaranteed double hit" happens because the 2nd attack of double hit attacks land before the target can recover from impact of initial attack.
(c) hence, any state of UI in existence will prevent the hit reaction from the initial attack, and therefore make it possible to block the 2nd attack of a double hitter

...and that's basically exactly what happens.