PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Controller (PS4)

DaLast_Samurai
09-19-2017, 07:57 PM
This just happened to me today, second time it's ever happened.
Does anyone know if it's just a bug or maybe someone with some mod script screwing me over?

Both times, it happened right after I killed someone...
My controller ceases to function entirely, until I reset my PS4 manually.
Can't do anything in the game, can't even access menus with PS button.

Anyone know what the deal is here?

Devils-_-legacy
09-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Bug I think as no one's been able to jailbreak a ps4 yet I've had the game freeze on me and shut down my ps4 that's it

DaLast_Samurai
09-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Ah, good to know, thanks.

D-d0g56
09-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Happens to me every time my controller hits low power and I turn on the PS4 with it plugged in. It stalls after five minutes of playing For Honor, for as long as it's plugged in. After unplugging it I have to wait for a minute and it will turn off itself and then I can turn on the controller again. Twice it happened at the worst time, once I got pretty lucky when it happened at the end of a match.

Averageperson10
09-19-2017, 10:53 PM
your ps4 may be old and vents be clogged or controller has gone to ****, happen to my ps3 when destiny first came out because it was old and gone through a lot of drops and game play

UbiJurassic
09-20-2017, 01:22 AM
Extremely unlikely that foul play is involved. Have you tried using an alternate controller? When it happens, is your PS4 running unusually hot? (just hover your hand over the console instead of placing your hand on it in case it is running extremely hot)

D-d0g56
09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Extremely unlikely that foul play is involved. Have you tried using an alternate controller? When it happens, is your PS4 running unusually hot? (just hover your hand over the console instead of placing your hand on it in case it is running extremely hot)

Well I don't know about the OP but it only happens when my console is recently turned on and I head straight to For Honor, it only ever happens in game (during match) and my controller needs to be plugged in when I turned on the system(while it was in a low power state). It could very well be a communications issue with the controller but I play other games and it doesn't happen with them. It's also unreliable in terms of recreating the result. So I can't say for sure what the problem is, only that it happens. It's also never happened after the console has been on for 15 minutes, so maybe it's too cold?

RatedChaotic
09-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Bug I think as no one's been able to jailbreak a ps4 yet I've had the game freeze on me and shut down my ps4 that's it

Wrong.

RatedChaotic
09-20-2017, 04:53 PM
You are wrong my friend sorry.

Devils-_-legacy
09-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Playing pirated games isnt a jailbroken ps4 ik Ive put cw on my ps4 was pointless

RatedChaotic
09-20-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry but the PS4 console is not immune to hacks, mods, and cheats.

Devils-_-legacy
09-20-2017, 05:22 PM
No but online is bricks your ps4

UbiNoty
09-20-2017, 11:22 PM
While consoles are admittedly not immune to hacks or cheats, it is extremely rare and difficult for a third person party outside of your immediate area to hack your console during the course of normal gameplay.

That being said, if you're experiencing suspicious activity, report (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) it to us! That way we can investigate and if someone has actually figured out a way to exploit your system, then we definitely need to get on that asap.
But in most cases this is nearly unheard of unless you're following random links or downloading stuff you shouldn't be :) So don't take candy from strangers, and don't click on links you don't know from strangers, and save the unmentionable internet surfing for your laptop.