PDA

View Full Version : Considered returning, not actually possible to do so ...

Gray360UK
09-17-2017, 11:06 PM
So ...

Not even going to do the happy to be back, hello, did you miss me thing .. this is going to be brief.

I tried For Honor again for the first time in 2 months tonight.

First matchmaking attempt (Dominion) - Failed to join the session error message.
This then led to a 'Matchmaking not ready' error message no matter what mode I tried.
This forced me to re-start the client.

I sat sadly shaking my head for a couple of minutes at this point, but persevered ...

Re-launched the client.
Got back into the game.
Launched Dominion - Failed to join the session error message.
Tried again.
Launched Dominion - joined session (wow) - we steamrolled the enemy team for the first 2 minutes until someone on their team rage-quit and the whole game went down.

Nice to see Rage-quitting and game stability in the wake of quitters quitting has been addressed (not to mention my account Rep 46 was matched against at least 2 enemies with an account Rep of 0 - good progress on the Matchmaking too I see)

The above rage-quit induced game crash led to a 'Matchmaking not ready' error message (again)

No, I am not launching the game for a 3rd time in an attempt to get a match that works.

Bravo Ubisoft, bravo.

In case you're wondering why more people aren't playing For Honor, it's probably because they can't.

Disgusting.

:mad:

Tundra 793
09-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Well, ****.

I was really looking forward to your return, the forums are noticeably less funny without you.

But, it's completely understandable as to why you won't stay.

Gray360UK
09-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Well, ****.

I was really looking forward to your return, the forums are noticeably less funny without you.

But, it's completely understandable as to why you won't stay.

I literally can't, want to or not. I'm actually quite sad about it, but I can't put myself through this again, I can feel the rage and frustration coming back already.

Tundra 793
09-17-2017, 11:21 PM
I literally can't, want to or not. I'm actually quite sad about it, but I can't put myself through this again, I can feel the rage and frustration coming back already.

Oh It's probably good you can't play then, the Defensive Meta changes were... delayed, so It plays the same as when you left, roughly.
There's always Dominion with matchmaking turned off though, if you want to try out the new heroes, or just actually finish a single game.

CandleInTheDark
09-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Hey Gray sad it's going that way for you, like Tundra said, was waiting for you to come back.

Honestly I haven't done much pvp myself, I know I get probably around 2-10 pm I can get a few straight before a disconnect but I've been on a hard grind to get characters I started to seven and going for the guaranteed finishes, kind of waiting until i have all the characters I want before taking pvp seriously again. (Also got family around, my brother streams so much on his phone I don't dare even duel in case I get accused of lag switching >.> let alone 4v4)

Gray360UK
09-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Hey Gray sad it's going that way for you, like Tundra said, was waiting for you to come back.

Yeah, sorry it's not better new buddy. I can't do this again. I haven't felt this horrible mix of annoyance, frustration and sadness since I last played in early August.

I've lost the feeling of investment in and connection to my characters, the sense of urgency when it comes to completing orders, earning Steel and getting new gear, and so all that leaves is an entertainment product I want to be able to pick up and have some fun with when I'm feeling nostalgic or fancy a good old fashioned punch up with some like-minded warriors. If that's not possible then I'm not even sure why I'm keeping it installed.

Still can't quite believe things are this bad. I wish I was making this up. I wish I could just come back and play and have a laugh with you all like old times. Bah.

Tundra 793
09-18-2017, 01:22 AM
The For Honor community should probably win an award for inhuman amounts of patience and tolerance.

Things shouldn't have been this bad at launch, the fact that they are still this bad speaks volumes of Ubisofts business practices.

ChampionRuby50g
09-18-2017, 01:41 AM
I know exactly where you are coming from OP. Played properly for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday, because Destiny 2 has all my attention right now. The time it took to get in a game was so long, doubled by us getting kicked out of matchmaking twice. Getting into games and playing them was still incredibly fun, but as a whole it took 2 hours to complete 6 games. It left a very stale taste in my mouth knowing that's a lot of time wasted. But I know Ubisoft have been improving, and am looking forward to the future of this game.

Mia.Nora
09-18-2017, 02:28 AM
Sorry to hear that you are not coming back.

You had a positive presence around the forums. Check back in 2018 when dedicated servers are in. Or maybe a bit later, since they will come with a mountain of bugs initially.

UbiJurassic
09-18-2017, 02:53 AM
Glad to hear from you again, Gray360UK. We'll continue to voice the feedback on stability to the team and strive to get more improvements out to players. We'll continue to work on those improvements up until dedicated servers are implemented, at which time the team will focus its efforts entirely on the new system.

bmason1000
09-18-2017, 04:46 AM
Thats a shame gray, we misses ya around here bud.

S0Mi_xD
09-18-2017, 05:08 AM
Hey gray, how is going?

To bad you don't come back.. but yeah :') the time isn't ripe ...
I hope it will change soon and players come back at a good fun game

Felis_Menari
09-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Heh, my problem is that our internet, while it works, doesn't work terribly well for things that require instant feedback (gotta love satellite internet). Funny thing is, our ISP last month, despite being satellite as well, likely could have worked for online play (low orbit sat for low latency). But, it had a ridiculously small data cap. It's still small now, but should be more manageable. Just no major downloads except during "free time" from 2-8am, lol.

RatedChaotic
09-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Good to hear from you Grey. Ya unfortunately the game is still a mess. This is the only game in hundreds of games that I own. Where I can attempt 5 online matches and not finish a single one due to the games network. After all these months Ubis priorities are definitely in the wrong place.

Theres a reason why 6000 reviews on xbox has half of them being a 1 star rating and all the complaints are about the connectivity issues the game has.

When I do pop on the forums the first page always has a connection complaint or many.

Hell, if you try to find For Honor on xbox Highest Rated Games......You'll be scrolling to the bottom for awhile. You cant argue that For Honor is in a good state or even a good game at this point (on xbox) . The majority has already spoken and it shows in the reviews. Even most gaming magazines dont even report on For Honor anymore. You will see maybe 5 or so regulars here that will defend this game til they die and try to debunk every issue the game has to point it at the player, not the game. But they are the minority here. Thats a fact.

I stopped playing a few weeks ago myself. The issues this game has is not worth my time. I have far better games in my library. So I play them. I do come here still for high hopes but even that is fading away. I dont see ubi fixing this game anytime soon. I just keep thinking we are the *******es following the carrot on a stick..with ubis... need more data...soon.... bs..Such a shame that a good multiplayer concept came from a company that makes good single player games but the worst multiplayer ones.

Have a good one. Lets just hope another company creates another medieval fighter thats better. Maybe then we will finally see each other on the battlefield. Here we will just look at each other and disconnect.

Take care Grey

thornh
09-18-2017, 05:11 PM
It's ironic because this was the first weekend in a while that I have experienced any connectivity issues. I finally got my NAT to turn, and stay, green a couple of weeks ago and I have had very, very few disconnects (I'm on PS4). I have played considerably more PvP matches then I had in the past. I still only play Dominion for the most part but I have played several Duel Tournaments also. My biggest issue is about 80% of the Dominion matches I play I get on a team of people who should actually be playing Skirmish. All they want to do is have meaningless gank battles somewhere and no one has an interest in capturing and defending any zones.

psyminion
09-18-2017, 05:22 PM
this thread makes me wish I could buy the world a PS4.

*sad orochi*

RatedChaotic
09-18-2017, 05:27 PM
this thread makes me wish I could buy the world a PS4.

*sad orochi*

Hell no.......Xbox X....The issues are in the game. Not the console. Why do xbox players not have these issues on other games that are played on PS4 aswell? I used to work for Sony DADC...Thats why I own an xbox. lol....

Tundra 793
09-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Hell no.......Xbox X....The issues are in the game. Not the console. Why do xbox players not have these issues on other games that are played on PS4 aswell? I used to work for Sony DADC...Thats why I own an xbox. lol....

Ubisoft has stated that, for reasons that are completely beyond my reasoning and understanding, they have had more connection issues with the Xbox One, than the PS4 or PC.
I don't understand how.

thornh
09-18-2017, 05:36 PM

I think psyminion means because of the player base. We have the same systemic issues on PS4 but the player base makes it easier to find a match when things are working properly.

RatedChaotic
09-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Ubisoft has stated that, for reasons that are completely beyond my reasoning and understanding, they have had more connection issues with the Xbox One, than the PS4 or PC.
I don't understand how.

Ya but only in the game FOR HONOR..... Does that not ring any bells?....thats why I said its in the game not the console. I could tell you why I chose Xbox over PS but I signed a nondisclosure document when I left Sony for the military. I can be sued for saying anything on that matter. The things you see and hear behind those locked doors and security are amazing.

psyminion
09-18-2017, 05:43 PM
agreed the game is buggy

BUT

since you mentioned other games.... I've been very active with GTA Online since its release and the Xbox One portion of the community have loads more network issues and connection drops than the PS4 side (also a P2P connection game). comparing games with servers, not so much but it does seem to me anyway that there is something that's not working as easily for M$ as Sony with p2p.

ubi themselves (iirc) have had difficulty with the network and software of the Xbox One (remember when they had to disable the PVR function a while ago?)

I'm not saying the PS4 is superior in any way shape or form, but it does seem to have an easier time with some games, For Honor being one of them (imho)

I just hate to see people stop playing because they literally can't continue due to glaring issues. :(

psyminion
09-18-2017, 06:04 PM
I think psyminion means because of the player base. We have the same systemic issues on PS4 but the player base makes it easier to find a match when things are working properly.

also this

the size of the player base is a huge factor