PDA

View Full Version : Does the matchmaking get better?

ZemikisRand
09-17-2017, 02:51 PM
I found the matchmaking in For Honour to be worrisome on my very first multiplayer game, as the priority is to play with people locally over skill based balance. Which really came to light my last few games of Dominion. I was trying to get my 'orders' bonus for 'steel' (as I am new and have very little) so I am railroaded into characters I am not the best with. Then, I am matched against players with the "pay-only" characters and over 50 renown. I am "on Par" with my team and "Much Lower" than the opponents. We try the game anyway and in the first 3 minutes, the only points we earned were the 14 soldiers we killed, and we are spawn camped, with the opponents mocking us. So I left, no bonus is worth abuse! Now I am temporarily banned because I left a negative situation... What is a new player to do? Does this change as I get better or are my teammates the people who also selected Viking and that is just our team's skill level?

vgrimr_J
09-17-2017, 05:15 PM
I found the matchmaking in For Honour to be worrisome on my very first multiplayer game, as the priority is to play with people locally over skill based balance. Which really came to light my last few games of Dominion. I was trying to get my 'orders' bonus for 'steel' (as I am new and have very little) so I am railroaded into characters I am not the best with. Then, I am matched against players with the "pay-only" characters and over 50 renown. I am "on Par" with my team and "Much Lower" than the opponents. We try the game anyway and in the first 3 minutes, the only points we earned were the 14 soldiers we killed, and we are spawn camped, with the opponents mocking us. So I left, no bonus is worth abuse! Now I am temporarily banned because I left a negative situation... What is a new player to do? Does this change as I get better or are my teammates the people who also selected Viking and that is just our team's skill level?

im total rep of 85 and i will promise it will not get better anytime soon i still somehow find games where im 50-80 total reps higher than the enemy.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Byproduct of low population. Working as intended.

The real annoying thing is waiting in the queue for a few minutes just to get into a game in progress where your team is all bots and they're losing 800 to 47. Fun.

Alustar.
09-17-2017, 06:53 PM
This game has matchmaking!? O.o

Rikuto01.tv
09-17-2017, 08:20 PM
im total rep of 85 and i will promise it will not get better anytime soon i still somehow find games where im 50-80 total reps higher than the enemy.

Reputation =/= skill.

My accounts have barely any rep and I stomp on almost everyone.