PDA

View Full Version : Is For Honor worth buying(PS4) as of now?

exieOFC
09-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Hello guyz,
I have a question. I'm thinking about this game. Buy or not buy. Is For Honor still alive on console(PS4)? I would like to know, but honestly. Maybe in the future? What I know is just, that this game is a little bit failure arround the connectivity.
So fellas, please tell me ur opinion.. I'll be glad for everything..whatever im thinking.. i dont want to waste my money for something what is dead....

Thanks..

Jarl.Felix
09-17-2017, 03:23 PM
It's pretty much dead on all platforms. Wait for season 4 there will be burst of players for 2-3 weeks then it will be dead again...

This game works in cycles until better games will be released.

psyminion
09-17-2017, 05:24 PM
I play daily on PS4 (and have since closed and open betas) and for me, the game has more players then ever, and the game is regularly adjusted and the future looks good.

from what I have read, PS4 has the largest player base as well as the least connection issues.

connection still suffers when people rage-quit, but for me, there is nothing else like this game and I keep playing it.

I'm happy with my purchase, I've gotten a LOT of entertainment value for my $70.

Tundra 793
09-17-2017, 06:15 PM
It's pretty much dead on all platforms.

This is objectively false.
For Honor's largest playerbases are on the PS4 and Xbox One. No one knows the exact figures, but it's alive and thriving.

If you buy it now, you will more than likely experience a number of abnormal disconnect issues, but the game is still quite playable, and will only continue to improve.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 06:36 PM
The characters are fun. The player base is meh.

New classes are heavy on stuns, unblockables and stamina drains, leaving you wanting to gouge your eyes out somedays.

I'd wait until the dedicated servers are out for a month or so. Frequent disconnects, failed to join session requiring you to reboot game, and rage quitters destabilizing a session make the game pretty frustrating.

Linnix1
09-17-2017, 08:08 PM
There's better things to play so just wait for like a 60% off sale

Rikuto01.tv
09-17-2017, 08:18 PM
It's pretty much dead on all platforms.

Yea you don't know what you're talking about.

SenBotsu893
09-17-2017, 10:40 PM
There's better things to play so just wait for like a 60% off sale

well like what? im sorry but for honor is pretty much the only of its kind. its not a wonky chivalry and not a braindead dynasty warriors.

the game has flaws no denieing there. but it has its strong suites as well.
matchmaking can be a ***** and connection is what you can expect from a peer to peer system.
but the gameplay is first rate. the combat feels like it has actuall weight to it and the combat animations are godlike.

personalyy playing on ps4 and there is no shortage of players.

but be warned you really have to really learn your character and the gamemechanics to do well. simply maching like a madman will just get you killed.

BLOOD-E-BARON
09-17-2017, 11:24 PM
I play daily on PS4 (and have since closed and open betas) and for me, the game has more players then ever, and the game is regularly adjusted and the future looks good.

from what I have read, PS4 has the largest player base as well as the least connection issues.

connection still suffers when people rage-quit, but for me, there is nothing else like this game and I keep playing it.

I'm happy with my purchase, I've gotten a LOT of entertainment value for my $70.

+1 to this, quite a large influx of new players on ps4 and I'm playing in Australia.

Would get used to seeing the same usernames pop up in matches I'm playing but now hardly the same people at all popping up

Linnix1
09-18-2017, 01:28 AM
Wether it's a one of a kind doesn't matter to me. It's the quality and love put into it that I care about and I don't see it in for honor only empty promises. Every improvement they made has come with a drawback of some sort either connected to the problem that got solved or something new pops up. I agree it's a unique game but being unique can only carry you so far and for honor is getting close to where being unique can carry the game ends.

Ianoneshot
09-18-2017, 03:16 AM
It's pretty much dead on all platforms. Wait for season 4 there will be burst of players for 2-3 weeks then it will be dead again...

This game works in cycles until better games will be released.

*laughs in pain*

It's a common mis-conception that the game is quote un-quote dead while it isn't. The playerbase is america (north) is 1.6 million. That's not dead! ESPECIALLY not on the PS4! In fact - the PS4 has a little fraction of the problems the computer version has!

and here's my question... Where did you get that information from? That the game is dead?

DrinkinMyStella
09-18-2017, 11:07 AM
I play daily and I never have problems finding a game so its not dead it just takes a while to get in to a game due to matchmaking. This game has a very high and steep learning curve and playing through story on hard first will not prepare you for what you will face online, just find a main your comfortable with, go on youtube and watch tutorial videos and then your slowly start getting better and quicker. learning the Defence at the moment is key so make sure you practice your parrying and counter guard breaks.

thornh
09-18-2017, 05:23 PM
The game is not dead on PS4. $25 is well worth it. The biggest saving grace has been the ability to play vs. AI in all modes. As a new player now you are going to want to play v AI some of the time just to get used to the game. Going immediately into PvP at this point is going to turn you off. Matchmaking has improved but it is not to the point where you won't be getting stomped most of the time. Definitely play the Story Mode. It's basically an enhanced tutorial but it is well done. Including the closed and open betas on PS4 there have been only two days that I have not logged in and played at least one match.

Tyrjo
09-19-2017, 07:50 AM
The PS4 community is pretty large imo. If you have a router you need to make sure you can configure it so you get green NAT in game. Then you will not have any disconnects. I rarely do.

matt89connor
09-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Hello guyz,
I have a question. I'm thinking about this game. Buy or not buy. Is For Honor still alive on console(PS4)? I would like to know, but honestly. Maybe in the future? What I know is just, that this game is a little bit failure arround the connectivity.
So fellas, please tell me ur opinion.. I'll be glad for everything..whatever im thinking.. i dont want to waste my money for something what is dead....

Thanks..

in PC there are low playerbase, but in console, for what i see, there are more players...there's no great problem of defensive meta because the parry is more hard then the PC, but still there's the connection problems...This ia great game and a new type of game with a great mecchanic but, I think, if you don't have problem, you have to take the game near season 4, and for the first days go to all type of tranning , finish the campaign,an after play a little with bots and then start pvp. This is my suggestion

nufrancis
09-19-2017, 09:46 AM
FH PS4 player here. Played since March and still playing.

Since Season 3 starting I saw many new players spawning (based on their reputation/prestige), especially after the free weekend event.

I can vouch theres a lot of active players currently on PS4.

D-d0g56
09-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Yes, but that's not to say they're aren't problems. Disconnects are an issues but only when people rage quite, which is unfortunately common. You will have to manage your ports to open for green NAT as well. The learning curve is steep, it's strongly based on knowledge of opponent/reflex. The game itself is massively satisfying, well worth the effort put in. I've been playing it since the first week of release and I'm still having good times with it. Sadly all my friends gave the game up. Because their was a bad period were For Honor was completely unplayable. That is mostly resolved now with only the Centurion problem left to be resolved and with Dedicated servers on the horizon, the future looks good for the game.

The PS4 community is massive, I would never recommend the game on PC but with PS4 all of my match searches last about 15-30 seconds and I will be in a lobby of 8. This might not be the case the first time you play though, as the matchmaking will be more strict to your level and will still need to find the occasional veteran to put in with you. There is pretty much something for everyone when it comes to character choice but not all heroes are perfectly balanced. Although I would suggest that you chose a character you think is fun over anything else, as you will be playing him for a very long time.

If the game is on sale then get it for sure, anything below full price is a bargain IMO. Just be mindful that you might lose a lot when starting off, try not to get discouraged. It's something that we all had to go through at some point. Read up on build designs for 4v4 modes and strategy guides for characters and 1v1s. Learning how to do both is the secret to winning against the odds and nothing is more satisfying than getting victory in a 1v4. You may want to practice with bots first and then move on to players, just remember that the two play very different from each other but it will help improve your knowledge. I can say that despite its problems I love this game, so much so I dedicated myself to become the worlds first REP 40 and I still love going back in every time to play PvP.

If you do decide to get the game and you feel like there's no way your going to compete, just remember... I use to suck *** at this game too but now I play like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjD__41-E8

If I can do it, you can do it to. Good luck and have fun!

Netcode_err_404
09-19-2017, 07:21 PM
Pc version, better frame rate better look, lower input lag.

Console version is bad and honestly i wodn't buy it for more than 10 euro

The fun fact is that console has more ppl.

Which is useless if the game is crap.

Think about buti f a reflex based game capped at 30 fps.

D-d0g56
09-19-2017, 08:40 PM
Pc version, better frame rate better look, lower input lag.

Console version is bad and honestly i wodn't buy it for more than 10 euro

The fun fact is that console has more ppl.

Which is useless if the game is crap.

Think about buti f a reflex based game capped at 30 fps.

Just curious, what is it about the PC version that has a better look? It's my understanding that both have the same graphics do they not. Hence why the devs capped console on 30 fps.

Also I have to disagree with you on "Game is crap" on console. I actually prefer the lower FPS on console for the way it behaves. Defensive meta is much less a thing and the flow of fights are way more fast paced. It's only when counter attackers and conqs meet does it become a staring contest. Which judging from many of the posts on the forum, that's pretty much every fight on PC. Although I've seen the smoothness of PC which is nice, I just don't think it's worth loosing the playability of the game.

Devils-_-legacy
09-19-2017, 08:50 PM
I think the games amazing played as soon as open beta was released never left other then start of s2 but that's because cent everywere

DoctorMcBatman
09-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Just curious, what is it about the PC version that has a better look? It's my understanding that both have the same graphics do they not. Hence why the devs capped console on 30 fps.

I'm not sure if the graphics' resolution/quality is scaled differently on console - but on PC there will always be capacity to have more enhancing than console. Our GPUs are more powerful, and we can change more graphics options within the game.

That being said, I've played the game a bit on console, and it is certainly not a bad looking game. Very good looking game IMO, even on console.