PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still feel like the Cent is a Virus in Dominion/4v4?

Vrbas1
09-16-2017, 08:11 AM
You'd think with the sheer, absolute minutes we spend watching "Centurion Cut Scenes", Ubisoft would have some critical data on this in order to make calculated adjustments. Yet here we are, getting stun locked and floundered over and over again in anything other than a 1v1 fight. Am I wrong when I say literally every other hero is feared less in a gang situation? Even Shugoki's backbreaker or Shinobi's long grab is less cringe-worthy.

Maybe give him the health of a Shinobi? Or make his punch and/or charged stab reactive to revenge at the least. Nothing is worse than getting put on your @$$ the second you pop revenge and your "last chance" is turned into a half-life.

OneManAlone
09-16-2017, 09:14 AM
+1

matt89connor
09-16-2017, 09:19 AM
i've found gladiator more cancer than cent, because of toe stab , pounch and speed attacks...but cent is anyway a big problem in gank situation

Tyrjo
09-16-2017, 08:41 PM
Most Cents in Dominion are crap. Go and play a Duel tournament and face a good Cent. It feels like a match you can't win. IF you somehow manage to play your cards right until he's at one bar. One mistake or misjudgement on your side, one parry. You're probably done.

Yoshimitsu_440
09-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Most Cents in Dominion are crap. Go and play a Duel tournament and face a good Cent. It feels like a match you can't win. IF you somehow manage to play your cards right until he's at one bar. One mistake or misjudgement on your side, one parry. You're probably done.

Its so funny cause thats just happened to me. However I had full health, he pairred me twice and that was it

Trbevis
09-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Yes he is an absolute virus l and needs to be addressed! haha, but like with every post about the centurion,valid points will be made about how ridiculous he is and then the wait for the hundreds of people to come here and call you all noobs and that you are all terrible at the game. I genuinly believe the team behind adjustments on heroes have been extremely amateur in dealing with him, i mean come on!!!!! He destroyed season 2 and is still destroying into season 3, its actually laughable hahahha

Alustar.
09-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Terribad, did any of you ever think maybe it's not the hero, but the player?

UbiInsulin
09-16-2017, 10:39 PM
We know the Cent is too frustrating to play against in general, but also particularly in 4v4. The fight team is looking at potential changes.

brashtralas
09-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Terribad, did any of you ever think maybe it's not the hero, but the player?

No, it's the hero. I play as centurion, he's utterly ridiculous in 4v4. You know it, I know it. You and I also both know that centurion is pretty terrible when you take away his one big chain and parry counter. So any "nerf" will make him more than useless in anything other than a gank.

Choose your battles wisely, you're looking like you're arguing simply to argue.

bmason1000
09-17-2017, 12:43 AM
If there's a cent on your team just stick by their side. Be the aggressor to force your opponents attention on you and you will win almost every encounter without fail. It feels really dirty, honestly. It really doesn't feel fair at all. Poor little enemy never stood a chance.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 01:40 AM
If there's a cent on your team just stick by their side. Be the aggressor to force your opponents attention on you and you will win almost every encounter without fail. It feels really dirty, honestly. It really doesn't feel fair at all. Poor little enemy never stood a chance.

Yep. One second youre getting the pk's health down to below half, the next you're on the ground, out of stamina, and lost 70% of you're health.

They should reduce his max health and turn off the stamina drain part until the full fix comes in.

Howard_T_J
09-17-2017, 01:46 AM
You'd think with the sheer, absolute minutes we spend watching "Centurion Cut Scenes", Ubisoft would have some critical data on this in order to make calculated adjustments. Yet here we are, getting stun locked and floundered over and over again in anything other than a 1v1 fight. Am I wrong when I say literally every other hero is feared less in a gang situation? Even Shugoki's backbreaker or Shinobi's long grab is less cringe-worthy.

Maybe give him the health of a Shinobi? Or make his punch and/or charged stab reactive to revenge at the least. Nothing is worse than getting put on your @$$ the second you pop revenge and your "last chance" is turned into a half-life.

As an Orochi player. I find them being a pain in the *** but a VERY easy target to pick on with Storm Rush, if they're harassing my team mate. Their chain makes it impossible for them to block my incoming storm rush with a top light attack combo.

kweassa1
09-17-2017, 01:47 AM
If someone's having problems with Cents in 4v4 modes despite the latest update/fixes to revenge, then it's entirely their own fault.

Frankly, there's just no more excuse.

Do I get killed by Cents in 4v4 modes? Of course I do. But every instance that happens is entirely my own fault. If I'm ganked up, my own lack of awareness and stupidity led to a gank. If I'm beaten by a Cent in a 1v1 situation happening, then the Cent was simply better than me. That's all there is to it.

Like someone mentioned above Cent players in 4v4 modes are indeed "crap". Empirically, around 80 ~ 90% of them are jab/kick spamming mass produced scrubs who know just a few basic Cent combos and overuse it repetitively to prey on newbies for easy kills. There's a chance that you might meet one of the better Cent players that can be threatening, but those chances are slim. If you keep losing to Cents in 4v4 modes, so often as to feel that the Cent is OP, then it's either a stroke of really bad luck at impossible odds, or you simply suck.

You're not getting killed because the Cent is too strong in 4v4. You're getting killed because you're a newbie/scrub whose got no clue how to fight Cents and simply so easy to prey on, like a clueless lamb strolling around a wolf. The 'wolf' in this case an inept, fat and lazy one that doesn't really know how to hunt at all, and the only prey he can ever catch being the weakest, stupidest ones... and basically you people are those "weakest, stupidest ones".

Get out of the fantast you are a good player. Get in with the reality that you know nothing about the Cent, nor have enough training/practice against the Cent to counter its skills. Realize the fact that you totally suck against the Cent because you've never bothered to specifically practice anti-Cent ,tactics and maneuvers.

Once you let go of your pig-headed ego and admit you totally suck, then it's all downhill from that point. Practice a bit and those 80~90% of Cents in 4v4 modes will no longer bother you. Like, for example, regularly practice in 99-round bouts against lv3 BOT Cents and that's usually more than enough to take care of like half of the Cents running around 4v4 modes... those Cent scrubs are actually weaker than lv3 BOTs.

brashtralas
09-17-2017, 03:15 AM
If someone's having problems with Cents in 4v4 modes despite the latest update/fixes to revenge, then it's entirely their own fault.

Do I get killed by Cents in 4v4 modes? Of course I do. But every instance that happens is entirely my own fault. If I'm ganked up, my own lack of awareness and stupidity led to a gank. If I'm beaten by a Cent in a 1v1 situation happening, then the Cent was simply better than me. That's all there is to it.

Like someone mentioned above Cent players in 4v4 modes are indeed "crap". Empirically, around 80 ~ 90% of them are jab/kick spamming mass produced scrubs who know just a few basic Cent combos and overuse it repetitively to prey on newbies for easy kills. There's a chance that you might meet one of the better Cent players that can be threatening, but those chances are slim. If you keep losing to Cents in 4v4 modes, so often as to feel that the Cent is OP, then it's either a stroke of really bad luck at impossible odds, or you simply suck.

You're not getting killed because the Cent is too strong in 4v4. You're getting killed because you're a newbie/scrub whose got no clue how to fight Cents and simply so easy to prey on, like a clueless lamb strolling around a wolf. The 'wolf' in this case an inept, fat and lazy one that doesn't really know how to hunt at all, and the only prey he can ever catch being the weakest, stupidest ones... and basically you people are those "weakest, stupidest ones".

Get out of the fantast you are a good player. Get in with the reality that you know nothing about the Cent, nor have enough training/practice against the Cent to counter its skills. Realize the fact that you totally suck against the Cent because you've never bothered to specifically practice anti-Cent ,tactics and maneuvers.

Once you let go of your pig-headed ego and admit you totally suck, then it's all downhill from that point. Practice a bit and those 80~90% of Cents in 4v4 modes will no longer bother you. Like, for example, regularly practice in 99-round bouts against lv3 BOT Cents and that's usually more than enough to take care of like half of the Cents running around 4v4 modes... those Cent scrubs are actually weaker than lv3 BOTs.

My god, dude. You're one to talk about ego. Ubisoft themselves have said he's a problem. You're only helping the problem by pretending there's not one.

I play the centurion often. He's has a some serious design flaws. If I gb you near a wall or parry counter you, you WILL be immobilized long enough for my teammate to kill you. Period. He needs a mild rework for his own good.

1v1 he can be quite good.... with those two moves I already listed. He's actually really weak without his cinematic combos. When Ubisoft designed him they got mixed up.

When they should have been saying "wow, that's a viable mix-up, and that's an awesome opener!" They were instead saying "holy crap! Did you see that? That LOOKS so awesome!!!"

Centurion can be beat 1v2. I've done it. Many have done it. But he's simply imbalanced in this department when compared to other classes(and yes, other classes have issues that need balanced as well, they're not mutually exclusive).

Even further, let's pretend that there is nothing wrong with the centurion in reference to balance and design. He's still had an enormously negative impact on the games community. People hate to fight him, really don't like to fight alongside him(mainly because of their hate from fighting against him, irrational, I know) and will leave a match when they see him. Why? Because he's not FUN to fight.

So if you're a big company that makes their money on people sticking around and buying new content, would t you want to fix an element that is pushing away your consumers?

I know you have the facts on a lot of statistics, but saying "just do it" doesn't make it so. I have to wonder if you've grown cynical and now have planted yourself firmly on one side of an argument simply because you hate those arguing the other?

Netcode_err_404
09-17-2017, 04:08 AM

Theres nothing better to start a sunday with a Kweassa1 pearl of wisdom..

Your sensei/guru role was funny at the start, even mid way if i need to be completely honest, but now, pls stop.

A charged jab out of screen is a problem, the hard stun is a problem and the damage you get by cent alone is a problem.

The centurion is one of the many trash designed class, why is he trash designed ? He is designed to spam you kicks and punched that drain you ton of stamina, and he is designed around disabling others with max damage punishment. In poor words, exactly what FH IS NOT about.

kweassa1
09-17-2017, 09:02 AM
My god, dude. You're one to talk about ego. Ubisoft themselves have said he's a problem. You're only helping the problem by pretending there's not one.

Correction: they said they are aware of the community complaints, and hence will SEE what they can do about it. Results? Continuing bug fixes and revenge buffs to address ALL MA spamming in 4v4 modes, as well as announced changes in the form of the defense metafix, as well as (IMO) 'experimental' fixes on the Warlord that may also apply exactly the same to the Cent.

As a result, the charged heavies ignoring UIs is fixed, MA spamming can be directly countered with your own attacks while in revenge, increased temp-HP shield extremely helpful when outnumbered. Anything that's not overwhelming -- as in 1v3 or worse odds, plenty enough to manage.

Falling under 1v3 or 1v4 situations is ENTIRELY your own fault (and your team's) with no excuses.

[quote]I play the centurion often. He's has a some serious design flaws. If I gb you near a wall or parry counter you, you WILL be immobilized long enough for my teammate to kill you. Period. He needs a mild rework for his own good.

Any outnumbered situation with masterful CC classes can equally "immobilize long enough to kill". And again, since the revenge buff, your odds of surviving and escaping are significantly higher Get a basic Revenge gain setup of over 25% gain and even in just 1v2 situations the revenge fires often enough to help survive -- especially if the opponents abuse MAs.

1v1 he can be quite good.... with those two moves I already listed. He's actually really weak without his cinematic combos. When Ubisoft designed him they got mixed up.

When they should have been saying "wow, that's a viable mix-up, and that's an awesome opener!" They were instead saying "holy crap! Did you see that? That LOOKS so awesome!!!"

Centurion can be beat 1v2. I've done it. Many have done it. But he's simply imbalanced in this department when compared to other classes(and yes, other classes have issues that need balanced as well, they're not mutually exclusive).

Any 1v1 situation against a Cent who knows his stuff, simply boils down to a direct confrontation of parry skills --- because none of the "infinite combos" and bogus excuses centwhiners use as crying OP apply in 1v1s. Get to just average level of players and...

(1) success rate of legion kick drops hard
(2) success rate of legion kick -> impmight heavy trick drops hard
(3) nobody gets caught by quickthrows
(4) every opponent maintains mid-range to remove dash-GB / legionkick mixup as a factor
(5) every opponent maintains mid-range to remove impmight heavy-into-GB trickery as a factor
(6) nobody gets hit by straightup charged heavies
(7) nobody gets hit by ANY impmight UB heavies
(8) nobody gets hit by heavy-heavy mixups

Just AVERAGE skill level and above, people already know how to handle like 90% of what people complain as "OP stuff". Nobody falls for that shi* unless totally clueless. Hence, fight against Cent becomes just pure "parry contest".

(1) Cent gets in two parries he wins, opponent gets in 3 parries they win
(2) Cent has superior parry punishes (which, BTW, is GOING AWAY with defense metafix) but terrible heavy-feint game
(3) Opponents have inferior parry punishes but superior feint game tools.
(4) Cent resorts to old-style turtling that only relies on blocking and parrying
(5) Opponent face cent with modern style turtling that relies on feint baiting.

This is basically how things boil down in a Cent fight. If you're the superior baiter-parrier, you win. If the Cent reads your attacks better and gets more parries in first, he wins. Again NONE[/b[ of what the centwhiners whine about the cent are at work here in a 1v1 situation. The factors at work here are mostly duel-related factors. Not 4v4 factors.

[quote]Even further, let's pretend that there is nothing wrong with the centurion in reference to balance and design. He's still had an enormously negative impact on the games community. People hate to fight him, really don't like to fight alongside him(mainly because of their hate from fighting against him, irrational, I know) and will leave a match when they see him. Why? Because he's not FUN to fight.

Please, don't make me laugh. For the last 20 years I've been in the PvP scene [b]EVERY whiney QQ seeks to justify itself by using the community as an excuse.

The only truth I've learned in all types of PvP games is:

(1) "balance" is never as much a prevalent problem in reality. It's just the be-all-do-all excuse for people with way too high egos than their skill level

(2) the community is FINE. If anything the only real "balance problem" that actually does hurt the game and its community bad enough to bring it down, is when balance is directly linked to the amount of money you spend in microtransaction items that directly increase in spec in accordance to the amount of money you spend. Usually Chinese and Korean games are a very good example of how this kind of greed simply DESTROYS a promising game.

(3) "FUN" is purely subjective and hardly a factor to be even mentioned in a balance discussion.

So if you're a big company that makes their money on people sticking around and buying new content, would t you want to fix an element that is pushing away your consumers?

Nobody pushed anyone away. Sophisticated combat games of this genre are simply INHERENTLY low in popularity. Go look up any fighting/combat game you think is better than FH and look up their player numbers and the history behind its change.

I know you have the facts on a lot of statistics, but saying "just do it" doesn't make it so. I have to wonder if you've grown cynical and now have planted yourself firmly on one side of an argument simply because you hate those arguing the other?

I can make you a bet that statistically speaking, probably less thasn 20% of the centwhiney people follow ANY kind of advice people like ne give them and actually did try practicing stuff. They don't practice anything, do anything, or try anything. They just jump straight into combat without any required knwoledge about the class, expect it to win, and since they can't, decide it's the game's fault.

I say this again, around 80~90% of 4v4 cents are scrubs, and around half of those scrub cents are even worse than lv3 BOTs. Somebody has problems with Cents, do a 99round lv3 CentBOT match regularly for around 2 weeks, and by the time you practice enough to counter whatever the BOT Cent throws at you, that's enough to feel totally confident in 4v4 modes and Cents in it, and bring your chance of winning the fight to around 50:50.

So, "just do it" -- DARN RIGHT, they should. Practice makes perfect -- words to live by.

Tyrjo
09-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Parrying a Centurion is very risky though, since you can never know if the attack is a soft feint or not.

Alustar.
09-17-2017, 04:44 PM
No, it's the hero. I play as centurion, he's utterly ridiculous in 4v4. You know it, I know it. You and I also both know that centurion is pretty terrible when you take away his one big chain and parry counter. So any "nerf" will make him more than useless in anything other than a gank.

Choose your battles wisely, you're looking like you're arguing simply to argue.

I love the broad, baseless and sweeping assumptions here. I guess the multiple times I nuke a Cent in skirmish with a team, or the time I took out a team consisting of 2 LB and 2 cents are not applicable then? Course not, that wouldn't fit the paradigm of OP Centurion.

I could honesty care less ignore he gets nerfed or not. I don't have problems fighting him anymore. Sorry you feel differently.

S0Mi_xD
09-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Cent is raping your whole playerbase or what is left of it after u let them getting raped on release by such overpowered unbalanced heroes(warden,conq,wl)
You balances are waaaaay too slow!

Conq nerf - hit him a bit too hard.
Warden nerf - finally.
Warlord nerf - finally after 2 1/2 seasons. lul
Cent nerf - we all have been waiting for it since S2 launch
Gladi nerf - dont make us wait again 2 Seasons.. we wait since S3 launch
PK nerf - just needs a very slight, maybe with timesnap back in and flicker removal it will be fine.

go back to work and do something. FASTER

Don't overreact, I don't like some aspects of the cent as well, and I agree with many people that he needs a balance, because his power is hard o parry/GB/punish.
But he isn't unbeatable.

What I need say about the side of "oh he is scrub, just parry him" - it's not that easy, he is one of the heroes, who is the hardest to parry, because you NEED to really concentrated, in compare to nearly every other hero.
And the second downside of this point is, if you mess this up, you get punished 2 times harder than with any other hero in this game, because his balance in power is wrong/bad.

I hate it, if people from competitive play argue " this hero is crap, because just parry" yeah sure, and that is a huge problem that i mentioned EVERY TIME.
(since I joined this forum I mentioned it from time to time)
PARRY = Free DMG = Toxic = Turtle or go full offensive with defensive actions :D that's just logical and I can only laugh at people who said "parry is not the problem"
Free dmg in general is not a good thing for a game like for honor, but free dmg for a offensive action like a melee attack is still ok, but for a defensive action !!!! This makes every hero a counter attacker.

And exploits which make attacks unparryable show exactly this problem, and thats why "competitive" relies on this BS - because a basic defensive mechanic in this game is broken!

About nerf - Conqu is a pure unbalance - monster defense and no offense. It is possible to play him, but that takes really long.

Warden - fine
Warlord - too
Cent nerf - we are waiting :D
PK needs a small revamp (some more mix ups etc but thats the case for nearly every hero)

Glad, don't know what problem you have with him.
He needs some bug fixes. His zone is free dmg but it's not that hard to dodge and parry/block/deflect the follow up.
Toe stab - dangerous against OOS, but dodge able - seems strong sometimes but ooooh very long recovery ^^

The last sentence is very rude.

kweassa1
09-18-2017, 03:01 AM
Don't overreact, I don't like some aspects of the cent as well, and I agree with many people that he needs a balance, because his power is hard o parry/GB/punish.
But he isn't unbeatable.

What I need say about the side of "oh he is scrub, just parry him" - it's not that easy, he is one of the heroes, who is the hardest to parry, because you NEED to really concentrated, in compare to nearly every other hero.
And the second downside of this point is, if you mess this up, you get punished 2 times harder than with any other hero in this game, because his balance in power is wrong/bad.

I hate it, if people from competitive play argue " this hero is crap, because just parry" yeah sure, and that is a huge problem that i mentioned EVERY TIME.
(since I joined this forum I mentioned it from time to time)
PARRY = Free DMG = Toxic = Turtle or go full offensive with defensive actions :D that's just logical and I can only laugh at people who said "parry is not the problem"
Free dmg in general is not a good thing for a game like for honor, but free dmg for a offensive action like a melee attack is still ok, but for a defensive action !!!! This makes every hero a counter attacker.

And exploits which make attacks unparryable show exactly this problem, and thats why "competitive" relies on this BS - because a basic defensive mechanic in this game is broken!

About nerf - Conqu is a pure unbalance - monster defense and no offense. It is possible to play him, but that takes really long.

Warden - fine
Warlord - too
Cent nerf - we are waiting :D
PK needs a small revamp (some more mix ups etc but thats the case for nearly every hero)

Glad, don't know what problem you have with him.
He needs some bug fixes. His zone is free dmg but it's not that hard to dodge and parry/block/deflect the follow up.
Toe stab - dangerous against OOS, but dodge able - seems strong sometimes but ooooh very long recovery ^^

The last sentence is very rude.

S0MI.... :rolleyes: trust me here. The Centwhiners you see in the forums are NOT complaining about the things you complain.

Remember the Valkyrie guy posting up a vid about how the Cent is OP a few weeks back? The Cent in the vid used only two moves literally: charged heavy - normal jab... and just repeated it, There wasn't even some trick or timing-baiting... just straight up charged heavy - jab - charged heavy - jab ... rinse and repeat... and the Valk guy was just totally dumbfounded with that situation. Had no idea how to defend oneself from it, ended up panicking and got killed in like 12 seconds. AND BY GOD, was he adamant that there was "nothing I can do", and therefore "the Cent is OP because I couldn't do anything against him".

That's the level of gameplay we're talking about here.

These guys are NOT talking about the 1v1-style, higher level Cents that play careful and defensive, masterlevel parry artists that will seek every opportunity to get that 2 parries in for over 140 damage to win efficiently. These guys are talking about the Domination level, mass-produced scrub cents that just love to stomp around in legion kick, swing around any heavy attack and mash on the GB button for the jabs always coming in same intervals, guys expecting their impmight UB heavy will always land, because clueless domination players have no idea how to parry the Cent's impmight heavy.

Don't let these complainers fool you.

S0Mi_xD
09-18-2017, 04:45 AM
S0MI.... :rolleyes: trust me here. The Centwhiners you see in the forums are NOT complaining about the things you complain.

Remember the Valkyrie guy posting up a vid about how the Cent is OP a few weeks back? The Cent in the vid used only two moves literally: charged heavy - normal jab... and just repeated it, There wasn't even some trick or timing-baiting... just straight up charged heavy - jab - charged heavy - jab ... rinse and repeat... and the Valk guy was just totally dumbfounded with that situation. Had no idea how to defend oneself from it, ended up panicking and got killed in like 12 seconds. AND BY GOD, was he adamant that there was "nothing I can do", and therefore "the Cent is OP because I couldn't do anything against him".

That's the level of gameplay we're talking about here.

These guys are NOT talking about the 1v1-style, higher level Cents that play careful and defensive, masterlevel parry artists that will seek every opportunity to get that 2 parries in for over 140 damage to win efficiently. These guys are talking about the Domination level, mass-produced scrub cents that just love to stomp around in legion kick, swing around any heavy attack and mash on the GB button for the jabs always coming in same intervals, guys expecting their impmight UB heavy will always land, because clueless domination players have no idea how to parry the Cent's impmight heavy.

Don't let these complainers fool you.

Naaa ;) I don't have problems to keep the casual complaints and he technically higher complaints apart ^^.
And it is not like I disagree with you, but some of those casual problems overlap with the high lvl complaints.

Those players who you mean will be overwhelmed by every hero in the game if it turns into a 1v2.
Most of the time it is a, management problem in a gank

We.the.North
09-19-2017, 08:31 PM
The two main arguments I see against Centurion are the following :

#1 : "One mistake and I'm dead"

This one comes from two things. First, when a Centurion guard breaks you near a wall, you're in for a "cutscene of hurt". In duel, you'll lose most your health. In dominion with 2nd feat unlocked and high gear score, he'll one shot you unless you are a 150 hp Lawbringer.

But it's not just the guard break punish. The heavy attack are so fast (500 ms) and stagger so much (300 ms) that the player on the receiving end can't dodge out of them. Mixed with punch left and right, those heavies land much more often and leads to an infinite combo of hurt / stun / stagger that can 100% - 0% a player since the Centurion has so much stamina. While the player on the receiving end can react and do something to prevent the deadly combo of attacks, all the stun and lack of stamina to do anything in return makes it much, much harder to do the right counter at the right time.

People defending the Centurion will keep saying there is a counter to everything he does. However, they never accept the argument where the % of encounters countering other heroes and % of encounters countering Centurion have a drastic gap. While it's near impossible to have reliable data showing how well people are doing against Centurion in Dominion because so many other factors come into play, the overwhelming amount of negative reaction on the forums is a very trustworthy indicator. Altho people complain about "everything", there is an overwhelming amount of negative reaction concerning Centurion and at that point, it's evidence something is wrong. I play sometime in group with people much better then me and hear the same reaction on Discord over and over. Everyone hates the Centurion, everyone thinks he's cheesy and should be nerfed very hard.

#2 : "The ungodly ganks"

When you engage in a fight in Dominion, you are locked on someone else. As a result, there is a "dead camera angle" behind you from where you don't see what's coming, only an indicator that an attack is coming. Against most heroes, the defender knows he only have to put his guard in that direction to prevent a lot of the incoming damage. It'll even give him revenge and thus a chance to deal with that 2v1 situation ...

Unfortunatly, that doesn't work with 2 heroes. There are only two unblockable attacks in the game that can happen from neutral stance : Raider's Fury and the Centurion charged heavy attack (I disregarded Demon Embrace since the tracking is atrocious). The first unblockable is Raider's Fury. Used first in the chain, it's does poor damage and cost a crap ton of stamina. Used second in the chain, it's cost way less stamina and does more damage, but you see it coming since the target, after the first attack, is aware the raider is there. Especially since for Raider's Fury to work, the Raider has to be fairly close to his target. The second unblockable is that charged heavy the Centurion has. Many players' videos show not only the big range that attack has, but also the ungodly tracking. It's not uncommon to see a Centurion run a 270 degree arc to hit someone or even move around walls and trees to reach his target. But also, since it pins the target (even through revenge), his teamate can add to the damage. Last, the damage from the charged heavy isn't the only thing coming, there's also a knockdown that hurts with the 2nd feat and the jump attack afterward.

In other words, Centurion has hand down the most cancerous gank in the game since it start with a long range unblockable with great trakcing, one shots people with the ally nearby and applies CC even through revenge activation. Then, the game moves on and the Centurion snowball effect creates even more outnumbering situation for his team to win.

------------------------------------------------

TLDR : The game would be in a much better state without that cancer.

gj4063
09-19-2017, 09:14 PM
You guys cheerleading high level play just don't get it. For every seasoned player that had the reaction time and knows what can be done vs a cent, there's 10 new players that get blind sided by cents every dominion match, ending up on the ground, OOS, and half his health gone. Who is going to keep playing this game for long like that? Who is going to buy this game? A handful of pure blood combat game fighters are not going to make the queues any shorter. And as queues get longer, any new players ate stick playing much more experienced players with epic gear that gives them much more damage, at less stamina cost, and revenge after 3 blocks.

Wake up!

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-19-2017, 09:24 PM
You cant block everything, no one can. Its that one teeny tiny mistake that leads to moves that take as long as MVC tag team finishers to end. I can kill 1,000 Cents in a row, thats not the point. The point is one mistake, no matter how perfect youve been and no matter how perfect you are eventually you will miss and he will lay an Emmy award winning full length motion picture on you. No character should be like that. One missed block at full health should not lead to my death. Now if I have half or even 60% health I can understand one mistake leading to my death.

Averageperson10
09-19-2017, 10:27 PM
LMFAO i never knew group fights or getting ganked/jumped was supposed to be easy. pointless ranting right here

We.the.North
09-19-2017, 11:04 PM
LMFAO i never knew group fights or getting ganked/jumped was supposed to be easy. pointless ranting right here

And here is a perfect example of what I was saying :

People defending the Centurion [...] never accept the argument where the % of encounters countering other heroes and % of encounters countering Centurion have a drastic gap.

Yes, we get it. Getting ganked puts you at a disadvantage. However, getting ganked by a Centurion gives you a much lower probability of pulling it off than getting ganked by something else. While I do agree some characters needs to be better than others at certain roles, there is a valid argument that can be made when a character is not only "much better" at a certain role, but at many other roles as well ; while also not being anywhere near the bottom in other roles.

I swear, people defending Centurion sound more and more like trolls cherry picking their argument while ignore totally the bigger picture.

Edit : Case and point --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1750400-What-i-get-for-being-a-troll

Helnekromancer
09-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Cent a virus in 4v4 Dominion? Maybe? What's more of a problem is **** teammates, rep 20+ players who can't even defend themselves, swinging aimlessly, doesn't play objectives and then spam "wow". Forcing you to have to carry them as they spam emotes on dead bodies. I don't care for cents, they were a problem when they came out and i got used to it and now they are just over aggressive brutes who run away once you parry their unblockable or dodge their punches and kicks and gb punish. 1v1 yea their cheesy playing ranked it was nothing but cent, but i got my nobushi to the finals numerous and ended up in plat. My nobushi sucks in 1v1 but there's nothing i can do about it until they buff her so i don't play 1v1 that much anymore.

With the amount of revenge gained you can add which at max is 26.7% and using the Revenge Attack feat all you need to do is attack 1-2 times and 1 parry. If it's 1 cent and 2 other fighters focus the cent. If there is 2-3 of them try to block as much as you can and dodge the punches and kicks. If they are coming from the sides you can dash back or from the opposite side. Just hold until back up arrives. If you just play it calmly and not panic you should be fine. Most of the time people just freak out the moment they see 2 cents.

TheTKOShow
09-20-2017, 01:03 AM
I faced 3 cents in tournament so I went gladiator, just lite attack and toe stab, and I didn't feel bad for a second