PDA

View Full Version : Realistic mode is underrated

I_Sash_I
09-15-2017, 10:08 PM
I was able to test quite a few times the Dominion event in realistic mode and I was surprised how it could reconsider the meta, balancing and class ranking.

It solves partially for example the problem of defensive meta ; block and parry then becomes not so easy and really gratifying.

I hope that the realistic mode will be in the future an important and more global choice of game mode available because I appreciate this option enormously.

SenBotsu893
09-15-2017, 10:30 PM
i really hope the realistic dominion becomes a regular gamemode next to vanilla dominion.

if i am completly honest the realistic dominion makes me more eager to play than the triple capture the flag mode does.
dominion does just simply a better job at giving you the feel of an intense ongoing battle. whereas elemination/skirmish/tribute feel more like gimmick modes.

brashtralas
09-15-2017, 10:53 PM
I love the mode, and I think it's really cool, but it shouldn't be considered for balancing the main modes. It's simply trading one toxic meta for another.

Light and zone spams are all too easy without indicators, and some classes gain immense benefits due to their attacks that start on one side of the character, and transfer to the other.

Centurion is a monster in this mode because he has variable timing on his attacks. Pk can dodge in, light, dodge out, and you'll only ever block it by guessing correctly.

As I said, I love it, but it's no more or less balanced than the current meta.

UbiJurassic
09-15-2017, 11:49 PM
While there's no current plans to make it a permanent game mode, we're glad to see so many people love Realistic Dominion. Ever since its initial release, there's been a lot of positive feedback regarding the gamemode and questions asking when it was coming back. We'll continue looking to release more Realistic gamemodes in the future.

CheekyKemosabe
09-16-2017, 12:01 AM
What if realistic game modes just came out every other week? one week it's realistic dominion, go one week with standard game modes, then the next week its realistic elimintation. do this every other week so we get both modes in a month with a break in between and make an event contract for it.

We.the.North
09-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Ranked Dominion should be realistic. That mode is much, much more fun. The defensive meta is pretty much fixed in this mode.

brashtralas
09-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Ranked Dominion should be realistic. That mode is much, much more fun. The defensive meta is pretty much fixed in this mode.

More like the defensive meta is replaced with spam and severe assassin guerilla attacks.

What if realistic game modes just came out every other week? one week it's realistic dominion, go one week with standard game modes, then the next week its realistic elimintation. do this every other week so we get both modes in a month with a break in between and make an event contract for it.

So normal dominion would be out for two weeks a month? If so, then no. I'd just reduce how much I play by a lot.

I like realistic, but not nearly hat much.

CheekyKemosabe
09-16-2017, 01:47 AM
More like the defensive meta is replaced with spam and severe assassin guerilla attacks.

So normal dominion would be out for two weeks a month? If so, then no. I'd just reduce how much I play by a lot.

I like realistic, but not nearly hat much.

No, I mean how it is now. right now there's an option for both realistic and normal dominion. realistic dominion is supposed to be lasting about a week this time around. what I'm suggesting is just having an event playlist pop up every other week alongside the normal game modes with an event contract to go with it.

So lets say they start this kind of thing in October. For the first week there's realistic dominion in the event playlist along with the standard game modes. the second week there's no event, just the regular game modes.. the third week there's realistic elimination in the event playlist alongside standard game modes. fourth week no event playlist.

just have it alternate like that with whatever they want to throw a realistic twist on.

We.the.North
09-16-2017, 02:14 AM

Other than Peacekeeper's ungodly zone spam with lights, I haven't had any issues with "assassin guerilla attacks". To be honest, even with the HUD, PK zone/light spam is cancer. That could be fix in a balance patch.

As for other characters, it's much more immersive and fun to play without HUD. You dont need the HUD to block a Highlander celtic curse. Just open your eyes to your opponent's character movement instead of staring at a little gray / red triangle popping here and there.

S0Mi_xD
09-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Other than Peacekeeper's ungodly zone spam with lights, I haven't had any issues with "assassin guerilla attacks". To be honest, even with the HUD, PK zone/light spam is cancer. That could be fix in a balance patch.

As for other characters, it's much more immersive and fun to play without HUD. You dont need the HUD to block a Highlander celtic curse. Just open your eyes to your opponent's character movement instead of staring at a little gray / red triangle popping here and there.

That's right, realistic mode is in favor of fast attacks an especially those attacks which are bad telegraphed, it will be a light spam fest.

matt89connor
09-16-2017, 07:16 AM
I was able to test quite a few times the Dominion event in realistic mode and I was surprised how it could reconsider the meta, balancing and class ranking.

It solves partially for example the problem of defensive meta ; block and parry then becomes not so easy and really gratifying.

I hope that the realistic mode will be in the future an important and more global choice of game mode available because I appreciate this option enormously.

after the first realistc, i try fight in normal games without HUD windjet, and suprise: flickers don't work on me, and even the soft feint, but i have big problem with fast attacks.
Yes, like you said, realistc dominion should be a mode with all effect in this game not a special event, and i agree, but,I think the Dev want wait the meta chages before give a choice like that.

Howard_T_J
09-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Wait... You guys play with a HUD?

matt89connor
09-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Wait... You guys play with a HUD?

I try without, is very hard, but not impossible

Howard_T_J
09-16-2017, 07:47 AM
I try without, is very hard, but not impossible

I've been playing without a HUD for about 2 months now. You start to notice people's stances. The way characters move when their initiating an attack. And how annoying it is to see an unblockable attack thats mid swing get canceled into a light attack from the opposite direction because bodies don't move like that lol

matt89connor
09-16-2017, 09:22 AM
I've been playing without a HUD for about 2 months now. You start to notice people's stances. The way characters move when their initiating an attack. And how annoying it is to see an unblockable attack thats mid swing get canceled into a light attack from the opposite direction because bodies don't move like that lol

true you see better the moveset,but fast attacks as light PK spam or berseker chains is hard to face

bmason1000
09-17-2017, 12:38 AM
I'm actually not a fan of realistic at all. Everything feels really messy and muddled to me.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 01:45 AM
I didn't like the no rez though. It seemed antithetical to the whole dominion game mode. Rezzing while breaking is a critical tactic.

I'd like to see realistic skirmish.

Howard_T_J
09-17-2017, 02:00 AM
true you see better the moveset,but fast attacks as light PK spam or berseker chains is hard to face

That my friend is why I dodge back. Because their only attack to bridge that gap is a top attack and a riptide strike does wonders there :P

Stahlrusse
09-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Realistic Mode is actually how For Honor should be from the beginning. This should be the default game mode.