PDA

View Full Version : Faction War - Samurai Overpopulation // Free Weekend

dj.unam
09-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Hi Folks, Hi Devs :)

After the last 2 Rounds which resulted in Knights comin out so strong (congrats btw) I, as a Samurai, came up with a thought that developed over the last Warriors Den Streams.

I just give you that background so you can follow me:

In the Dev Stream, they said there is a "Mechanism" which equals out the population of each faction.
As I understood, this means, that the more PPL are in a faction the less war assets each individual earns. (correct me if I'm wrong)
This, to make it clear, makes sense to me.

They also stated, that due to the Free Weekend we had, most of the players there joined the Samurai.

But if you combine both of those aspects, does this mean, the Samurai, as the most populated Faction, now have a ton of "Free Weekend" Accounts sitting on our Faction side, that block every active player from earning more War Assets but in return they don't contribute to the Faction war because theyre inactive?

Isn't that some kind of unfair?

Could the devs maybe check this and set accounts that have been inactive for 4 weeks or more to "not accountable" to the Faction counter?

I think any Faction would benefit from this.

Also I think, if the Accounts are inactive for more than 4 weeks, they shouldnt be awarded with Season Rewards...

Tell me what you think of this and maybe the devs can take a look :)

Just to mention:
English is not my native language, so I apologize in advance for any grammar or spelling issues :D

Cheers,

Unam

CandleInTheDark
09-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Obviously I don't have an official answer but my best guess would be no. In the same Den Bio talked about the surge in population from the free weekend, she said she had looked at it the day before and the knights and samurai both had around 36% That doesn't mean those accounts aren't affecting things but that is what that suggests to me.

Bio said a few weeks ago that most of the problem the samurai have is a lot are not manually deploying assets or using the war banner which kind of suggests to me you got a lot of the people that weighed the knights down in season one (I suspect because they won the beta) and then went to the vikings season two as that was the problem that dogged those factions in those seasons.

Vakris_One
09-15-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't know the numbers like the devs would but the OP makes a good point about inactive accounts just being dead weight on a faction.

Can someone from Ubi weigh in on this? How does the whole player population balance equation work? Does an account pledged to a certain faction actually have to contribute assets, i.e. actually play the game, or can it just sit there and be inactive like a lead weight bringing the faction's deployable assets down?

At what point does an inactive account stop counting as a member of that faction in the Faction War?

SenBotsu893
09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
unfortunatley we dont know any numbers or how any figures work in the faction war system.

when is an account counted as an inactive player? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month?

how big is the bonus applied to the least populated faction? +1%?+3? +350%? scaling automatic?

if a faction wins a territory with 51% so why does the frontline have a 75% for the enemy faction at the start of the next turn?

whats with the territories that are multicolored? do they count for both? for none? wich faction will get a hold of it if both are next to it in the next turn?

all that we have been told is: "play a game and deploy war assets". this might be enough for those deusvult/valhalla/bushido screaming brutes to work with
but the more educated ones would like to have a better idea of the inner workings of the faction war

dj.unam
09-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Obviously I don't have an official answer but my best guess would be no. In the same Den Bio talked about the surge in population from the free weekend, she said she had looked at it the day before and the knights and samurai both had around 36% That doesn't mean those accounts aren't affecting things but that is what that suggests to me.

Bio said a few weeks ago that most of the problem the samurai have is a lot are not manually deploying assets or using the war banner which kind of suggests to me you got a lot of the people that weighed the knights down in season one (I suspect because they won the beta) and then went to the vikings season two as that was the problem that dogged those factions in those seasons.

Thanks for your Reply.

If I remember correctly, Samurai were the most populated Faction ever since the Start of season one.
Whenever they posted numbers of faction population, the Sams were always far ahead of the other factions.

The thing with Manual Deployment is true, but I think this hurts every faction.
But of course it hurts us the most if we have the largest population so every player whos not deploying his assets manually is toning down our efforts...

Do we have the Population numbers somewhere to look up?

I don't know the numbers like the devs would but the OP makes a good point about inactive accounts just being dead weight on a faction.

Can someone from Ubi weigh in on this? How does the whole player population balance equation work? Does an account pledged to a certain faction actually have to contribute assets, i.e. actually play the game, or can it just sit there and be inactive like a lead weight bringing the faction's deployable assets down?

At what point does an inactive account stop counting as a member of that faction in the Faction War?

Thanks for your appreciation.
The thought of dead accounts came up to me first when the "for honor is dead" rumors popped up everywhere.
But it concluded with the statement of the devs saying free weekend players mostly joined samurai.
Due to the nature of the Game (learning curve, toxicity, style of gameplay, etc.) many players left the game.
And thats understandable.
For Honor is NOT a casual game for anybody...

But that makes the point of overpopulated factions with dead accounts even more discussable...
I Hope we get some answers from the devs here...

unfortunatley we dont know any numbers or how any figures work in the faction war system.

when is an account counted as an inactive player? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month?

how big is the bonus applied to the least populated faction? +1%?+3? +350%? scaling automatic?

if a faction wins a territory with 51% so why does the frontline have a 75% for the enemy faction at the start of the next turn?

whats with the territories that are multicolored? do they count for both? for none? wich faction will get a hold of it if both are next to it in the next turn?

all that we have been told is: "play a game and deploy war assets". this might be enough for those deusvult/valhalla/bushido screaming brutes to work with
but the more educated ones would like to have a better idea of the inner workings of the faction war

Youre so right on this man!
I dont think ubi will give us concrete numbers.
But this is the point many players get so frustrated on the faction war.
Bcs. nobody understands the mechanism behind it completely.
And we cant play a meta game correctly or to its full potential if we dont know all the rules...

I really hope they tell us more about the overhaul of the faction war soon and we get more information about the background this time...

UbiNoty
09-21-2017, 03:02 AM
I can ask for clarification, but as we can recognize the difference between those who own copies of the game vs those who were just there to test it out over the free weekend, the rise in numbers should only have affected that weekend's faction war status. I believe that once the free weekend was over, everything likely settled back down once again into their normal state, and the free weekend accounts disappeared like bodies from a battlefield (if you leave them there to rot they pollute the earth and the water and make everything very unsanitary after all)!