PDA

View Full Version : Solo - PvP or Both

Fallen-Champ
09-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!

Ubisoft is bringing back the Far Cry series’ map editor for Far Cry 5. The feature was cut from the most recent entry in the franchise, 2016’s Far Cry Primal, but was available in Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4.
Ubisoft said in a news release that players will be able to use the map editor to “create and play an infinite amount of new playgrounds,” and that new features for the editor will “add a new dimension” to the maps that people create.

Just wondering which way people will be building, I see consoles massively going PvP especially if a lot of the map builders from previous games return, competition will be quite fierce on consoles if FC5 delivers.

With PC from the top builders on the browser I see this platform been more Solo with the maps - unsure overall how popular PvP will be on PC as I am still new to this platform and don't know how popular FC2 and FC3 was with multiplayer, all indications are that the original Far Cry back in 2004 was really well received with it's MP but would be very dated now.

If they up the budget and fix the camera scroll issue, maybe add in a SNAP & Search for Items feature I see myself mostly doing Multiplayer on Consoles especially if a lot of the online players from Instincts and FC2 return.

Farcryisdead
09-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Multiplayer maps for me. making sp maps is just not as rewarding as mp maps.

akilyoung
09-15-2017, 01:55 PM
DEFINITELY MP maps from me...

Steve64b
09-15-2017, 02:11 PM
I think MP maps wouldn't be as much about stealth and sense of exploration/discovery as SP maps. So I'm expecting to prefer SP maps myself, unless the editor allows for some interesting scripting/interactive components. In that case, it'd also be fun to try out new experiments with MP maps, as they usually aren't that interactive I think.

Viragoxv535
09-15-2017, 07:48 PM
SP for me. Thank you :)

truesurv1val
09-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Will probably make both, really missed making mp maps, these last few years. Mp maps , Just more fun and rewarding when youve made a good one.

Making sp maps is much more difficult. you have to work with ai which isnt perfect. And often the replay value isnt really high.

So i prefer MP and really hope CTD mode (or something simular) is included in fc5.

GhostWind905
09-15-2017, 10:31 PM
What I miss most is the clan wars from Farcry 2. We tried to do this in Farcry 3 in the TAW group, but the MP didn't last very long with most other clans. What each clan could do is create a map to be used in the competition. There was the ability in Farcry 2 to either use a dedicated server, or host from your own PC. There was also the ability to create a map rotation list of any map you wanted.

Fallen-Champ
09-16-2017, 01:26 AM
What I miss most is the clan wars from Farcry 2. We tried to do this in Farcry 3 in the TAW group
Is that the group that Rob (GCVOS) & Imre Zoltan were also in? (If it is TAW made some amazing looking maps)

GhostWind905
09-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Yes it is. Mauro, (or GCVOS as others know him) was a very active member with map creation. Imre Zoltan wasn't in the TAW group though. We tried to see if he would join, since his map making skills were just insane, but he lives in Eastern Europe. The TAW group had members from as far apart as Southern California, Texas, North Carolina, Canada, France, Germany, The Netherlands, South Africa and so on. To organize a mutual time for everyone to connect was difficult, and Imre Zoltan explained that by the time he could log on, no one else would be able to due to time zone differences. So we just had casual communication when we could.

GhostWind905
09-16-2017, 02:30 AM
I think that being in the TAW group definitely increased any ones skill level who wanted to improve on their map making. That was one of the reasons we wanted Imre Zoltan to join. Instead of just having your own skills and imagination to draw from, there were many, if not most members, who shared techniques, tricks, and ideas to improve every ones overall map making skill. One map in particular that stands out was a map that me and Mauro collaborated on for a TAW vs. BRO clan war. I swear the email conversation was getting out of hand, every time we had a new idea we would reply with it in the conversation. Poor Sharky (our division CO) probably had 50+ messages in his inbox by morning each day since we tagged him into the conversation for his input on the project. Mauro even made a trailer for the map to build up the anticipation for the clan war.
Here is the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eQaNzrE3t0