PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want FPS camera in Anno 1800?

itworldbd
09-14-2017, 11:57 PM
All games of Anno is just awesome, no need to explain. But I am thinking if there is an FPS camera view with RTS camera view, it will make this game so much realistic. I mean to say, if we target / select an a single people in anno 1800 and press hotkey for FPS camera view, when that single people start walking with FPS camera it can become more enjoyable like the image given below.

Example :
https://i.imgur.com/tSFs4bg.jpg

Everybody, what do you think about it?

aburja
09-15-2017, 12:43 PM
The developer stated in an interview that this is no priority.

But I fail to see the challenge here, it's one if the simplest thing to implement.

And I'd love to see it too. :)

Build the city of your dreams, walk around enjoy it too.

AgmasGold
09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
FPS camera would be nice, especially if it isn't difficult to implement.

DoomDutch
09-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Shouldn't be too hard, nope. Change camera view and controls plus maybe a different UI.

Ubi-O5
09-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Would certainly give an interesting perspective on things. ;)

Mr_Boatyface
09-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Your idea does sound cool to me, I immediately thought of the postcard view in Anno 1404, but better. Maybe implementing both of them could get some interesting views of the world?

SirDavidFirst
09-19-2017, 01:32 PM
I love that idea, thinking of walking around the city you build.

stylisticsagi
09-19-2017, 01:58 PM
The only thing i can imagine this would be good for would be quests...
But the energy and time needed for this can in an anno title be spent much much better then this...

AgmasGold
09-19-2017, 03:05 PM
As long as a FPS camera doesn't come at the expense of other features, it would be nice to have for screenshots as well, not just quests. There's a chance it wouldn't be difficult to implement - it could just come down to tweaking a few setting for the camera - maybe changing maximum and minimum angles that the camera can go to.

vantiago
09-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Don't get me wrong I like the idea of FPS camera, but I would absolutely love to see the ability to zoom from FPS view to all the way out to the entire map like other RTS games have in the past. I would also love to see Anno 1800 take advantage of multi-monitor so we could have 2 or even more maps each looking at different areas of the game at the same time or maybe be creating farms on one screen and setting up trade routes on the other at times.

AgmasGold
09-20-2017, 12:10 PM
That feature would be really nice, so you can see you're entire game world. The only problem with that is you would have to render more of the map than was probably originally intended. Maybe an experimental toggle setting that removes the limits on the camera so that people can try it out, but can turn it off again if it ends up breaking or running slowly?

Even a buggy experiemental full zoom out would be nice to have over no zoom at all.