PDA

View Full Version : Tribute looks awesome, but the Illuminati garbage is complete crap!

jshears18
09-14-2017, 08:07 PM
I love For Honor and the new game mode looks great. But, it's ridiculous that the designers couldn't think of ANYTHING other than an illuminati symbol for one of the blessings. Really Ubi ... @eric.pope can you please relay the message to the team that we don't need that subliminal messaging crap in this amazing game.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 08:16 PM
What exactly is subliminal about an eye in a triangle that is supposed to indicate that your team now sees everything? The icon shows exactly what the buff gives you so I don't see where this is a problem nor why, even if the illuminati do use it, it is a problem.

I mean yeah, looking it up because you mentioned it, it is the eye of providence or something close but that was nowhere near the first thing I thought when I saw it because I am not a They Control Everything person and there is nothing all that subliminal about it. Maybe they knew it would get a reaction as an illuminati symbol,maybe they just put it together without thinking of the illuminati. If I wanted something to signify that my team sees everyone I would use an eye as well.

psyminion
09-14-2017, 08:24 PM
OP, is this your first Ubisoft game?

their symbolism is ALWAYS on point and
besides the eye in the triangle is bigger than conspiracy theories.

just enjoy the view.

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 11:17 PM
It was, and has been traditionally a symbol meant to represent omniscience. It just means that somebody is watching you - or you them.

jshears18
09-15-2017, 02:03 AM
I get it, and I think an eye icon would have been sufficient. But, to have the triangle surrounding the eye – is the eye of Horus in a Pyramid. This symbol has permeated our culture so much, I'm just disappointed that its now made it's way into the game.

bmason1000
09-15-2017, 02:56 AM
Perhaps those of us who don't percieve it as an issue just don't understand? Would you mind explaining why you think this is such a bad thing?

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Can't we play a game now a days without having some tool bring up conspiracies and parroted misinformation about illuminati as if that's even relevant today... It's bad enough we have the discourse between heroes and duelists/purists... just stop

Tundra 793
09-15-2017, 03:14 AM
Just so we're all on the same page here; The Illuminati was a group formed in 1776, and disbanded permanently in the mid to late 1780s, and all they were about was opposing superstition and religious influence over peoples lives, and they were but one of many such groups formed during that period of time.
And they were the completely fictional antagonists in that second ****ty Dan Brown novel.

But, to have the triangle surrounding the eye – is the eye of Horrus in a Pyramid

No dude, the Eye of Horus is that fancy looking one where it looks like Horus is wearing a lot of eyeliner.
The eye in a triangle is a fairly recent Christian symbol.

This symbol has permeated our culture so much

If you're American, maybe? That's pretty much the only culture I know of where it appears on government seals, and the money. As a European I've literally never seen that symbol outside of conspiracy films.

Also; I'm just rewatching some Tribute footage as I'm writing this. The eye symbol used in game looks nothing like either the eye in a triangle, or the eye of horus. It's a fairly blank and vague eye, in a square tilted 45 degrees. Not a triangle...

bmason1000
09-15-2017, 03:18 AM
"Wearing too much eye liner" haha spot on, dude

Tundra 793
09-15-2017, 03:26 AM
"Wearing too much eye liner" haha spot on, dude

https://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/sqM5pA.gif

jshears18
09-15-2017, 04:01 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/53/6c/98/536c981d58eeacb917c1fd13a2acf653--eye-symbol-ancient-symbols.jpg

Tundra 793
09-15-2017, 04:06 AM
That's... not true.

https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/27807.pdf

It was an American invention, and the Freemason's didn't start using it until over a decade after the US government. It has no connections to the Eye of Horus.

And just to point it out again; The symbol used in For Honor is a vague outline of a very basic eye design, inside a tilted square.

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 04:35 AM
That's... not true.

https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/27807.pdf

It was an American invention, and the Freemason's didn't start using it until over a decade after the US government. It has no connections to the Eye of Horus.

And just to point it out again; The symbol used in For Honor is a vague outline of a very basic eye design, inside a tilted square.

That was a interesting read ^^
Thanks

But the symbol in For Honor is both - the tilted square and if you activate the shrine its the eye of providence (eye in a triangle)
Also ... so much steel A (in the warriors den video xD)

bmason1000
09-15-2017, 04:56 AM
I still don't understand why TC thinks its an issue? Lets pretend ubi came out and said "no that's totally what it is, we're huge fans of horus and eyeliner and the whole shebang," why would that be a problem?

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 05:17 AM
I still don't understand why TC thinks its an issue? Lets pretend ubi came out and said "no that's totally what it is, we're huge fans of horus and eyeliner and the whole shebang," why would that be a problem?

I share your perplexity, my friend ...
I would rather ask about the reward, because in looks like this mode take until the bitter end most of the time. That means you will be most of the time spend up to 10 min in there ^^

And this guy has a problem with a symbol just because it became a meme in the last 5-10 years?

SwellChemosabe
09-16-2017, 02:04 AM
I'm not so sure about that illuminati stuff.

besides we have a bigger issue to deal with.

I mean, a petite ninja warrior no higher than probably 4ft 5in lifting up a 6ft 200+ lbs man over their shoulders? there's only reasonable explanation, open your eyes people!

....aliens.....