PDA

View Full Version : The volcano - important info

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 08:01 PM
As a Knight from Day 1 of the game's launch, I am proud to say that our most recent strategy of taking "the volcano" is working out for us.

However... I am here to bring some news.

Those of you who've seen my previous lore-posts (see here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1728217-Comprehensive-For-Honor-Lore-Timeline) will know what I'm about to say.

This... volcano- our objective for this Season. It's actual name is: "MOUNT RUST". Let this message reverberate throughout the community.

That, um... that's pretty much it.

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 09:19 PM
The volcano you are referring to is called Ignis. It is not Mount Rust.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 09:34 PM
The volcano you are referring to is called Ignis. It is not Mount Rust.

I cannot tell you how angry this makes me. Yes, it IS "Mount Rust". What YOU are referring to is the "REGION" called Ignis. The volcano ITSELF is MOUNT RUST. The area it is IN is called "Ignis".

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 09:52 PM
I cannot tell you how angry this makes me. Yes, it IS "Mount Rust". What YOU are referring to is the "REGION" called Ignis. The volcano ITSELF is MOUNT RUST. The area it is IN is called "Ignis".

You are misinformed. The devs themselves have confirmed that it is called Ignis, not Mount Rust. They had a quiz on it. They said,

"What is the name of the active volcano in Ashfeld? The famous volcano everybody is fighting for. In the faction war."

"Nobody knows. I don't know if the community even knows."

"Do you want to give the options? Do you want to give the multiple choices here?"

"Okay, so there is Mount Rust, Ignis, Vulcanus, or Ashfeld?"

"Yeah! Yeah, it is Ignis. It's very hard. Yeah, but, nobody knows the name of the volcano; but everyone cares about it, though."

- - - -

This alone proves that Ignis is the famous volcano and that Mount Rust is another volcano.

- - - -

Furthermore, according to the For Honor lore, Mount Rust it is up north, by the Vikings.

-- "This year's Viking horde. When Mount Rust erupted they lost the sun for months. Crops and animals died. They came south, raiding for supplies..."

-- Ignis is in Ashfeld, in the south. If Ignis erupted, the Knights would be affected, not the Vikings.

Its name is also telling. "Mount" indicates that when it was named, it was a mountain. All the mountains are found in Viking territory.

Combine those together.

There was a mountain in the north called Mount Rust. One day, it became active, and turned into a volcano. When it erupted, the Vikings could not farm. They became desperate for food, and went south to raid Ashfeld.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 10:15 PM
You are misinformed. The devs themselves have confirmed that it is called Ignis, not Mount Rust. They had a quiz on it. They said,

"What is the name of the active volcano in Ashfeld? The famous volcano everybody is fighting for. In the faction war."

"Nobody knows. I don't know if the community even knows."

"Do you want to give the options? Do you want to give the multiple choices here?"

"Okay, so there is Mount Rust, Ignis, Vulcanus, or Ashfeld?"

"Yeah! Yeah, it is Ignis. It's very hard. Yeah, but, nobody knows the name of the volcano; but everyone cares about it, though."

- - - -

This proves that Ignis is the famous volcano and that Mount Rust is another volcano. According to the For Honor lore, it is up north, near the Vikings.

None of that makes any sense. It contradicts the Lore that I'VE found in the game itself. I supplied a link in the first post of this thread for a REASON. I spent a week and a half going through every possible bit of lore to be found in the game and it's trailers. No mention of there being more than one volcano.

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 10:25 PM
None of that makes any sense. It contradicts the Lore that I'VE found in the game itself. I supplied a link in the first post of this thread for a REASON. I spent a week and a half going through every possible bit of lore to be found in the game and it's trailers. No mention of there being more than one volcano.

Re-read my post. You missed out on useful information I've edited in. Yes, it includes lore you find in the game itself.

Admitting you're wrong isn't and never will be a bad thing.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Re-read my post. You missed out on useful information I've edited in. Yes, it includes lore you find in the game itself.

Admitting you're wrong isn't and never will be a bad thing.

Don't you DARE try and look down on me with that high-horse of yours.

I was operating under the assumption that the ash from (what you call) Ignis flew up north. The ash released by Mount Saint Helens went all over the damn place.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Sorry but yeah word of devs is it is Ignis,note that Damien said the famous one everybody is fighting for.

https://youtu.be/4zxXcSOmgjg?t=2059

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Don't you DARE try and look down on me with that high-horse of yours.

I was nice at first, but you ignorantly commented, "I supplied a link in the first post of this thread for a REASON" as if I didn't read it. You clearly are looking down upon me, so I will do so in kind.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Dudes put your e-peens away and chill. You both know a heck of a lot and it is impressive :) (I didn't even know it had a name other than the volcano until Pax >.> but then I didn't go looking for the observables, I finished story mode for the engravings). Would be a shame to get thread closings and warnings over sharing knowledge and a misunderstanding in the process thereof.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 10:46 PM
I was nice at first, but you ignorantly commented, "I supplied a link in the first post of this thread for a REASON" as if I didn't read it. You clearly are looking down upon me, so I will do so in kind.

There is no way that you could have read ALL of my Timeline in such a minute amount of time.

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 10:48 PM
There is no way that you could have read ALL of my Timeline in such a minute amount of time.

All I needed to read was the parts pertaining to Mount Rust. The rest do not pertain to this topic.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 10:49 PM
All I needed to read was the parts pertaining to Mount Rust. The rest do not pertain to this topic.

You.... irritate me so damn much. A week and a half of work on this passion project, and now, it feels wasted. F*cking wonderful.

brashtralas
09-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Anyone else feel like these two that are arguing are the same person? It just escalated so quickly, and it's over something so inconsequential that it's humorous.

They argue in the same way, as well.

Conspiracy theory.

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 10:53 PM
You.... irritate me so damn much. A week and a half of work on this passion project, and now, it feels wasted. F*cking wonderful.

Simply replace Mount Rust with Ignis and your project is good to go.

Archo-Vax
09-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Simply replace Mount Rust with Ignis and your project is good to go.

Yeah, yeah- you spend three-fourths of a fortnight on something and see how YOU deal with this.

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Ok guys. While I both appreciate and am in awe of both of your passion and knowledge of For Honor lore. The name of a volcano is no reason to get upset or argue over.

And your work is definitely not wasted Archo-Vax. Even real life historians can make mistakes - it's only human. But the spirit of what they do, teaching others about history, and sharing the knowledge and stories of the past is still there. Your work on your lore project is definitely still valid and appreciated.

So let's get along guys. And fight over the volcano - not it's made-up in-game name. :)

Xinlyfenne
09-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Yeah, yeah- you spend three-fourths of a fortnight on something and see how YOU deal with this.

As I said, your project is still good. It's a simple edit, no need to stress over it.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 03:11 AM
I heard Picolo's voice yelling in the the back of my mind "NERDS!!!!!" Throughout this entire post...