PDA

View Full Version : Adding sounds effects

Farcryisdead
09-14-2017, 05:15 PM
It would be good if we could add sound effects to different parts of a map, like water dripping in a old building or a metal roof creaking in the wind. or a car alarm going off. all you have to do is place a sound icon where you want the sound then select sound radius and level and timing. some examples below.

- creaking metal sheets/roof

- dripping water

- rubble, small rocks falling

- dog barking

- distant gunfire

- distant traffic

- birds

- radio

- tv

- distant aircraft

- distant voices

- distant explosions

- distant train

- distant thunder rumbling

- creaking wood

- echoes

- running water

DapperHayden007
09-14-2017, 10:17 PM
I think the only way i've seen this before in far cry games are things like in FC2 with the generator and FC3/4 with the waterfalls, sure it's definitely possible. It's just a matter of how much work would it take?

Far Cry 4 did add different sounds in a published map but it wasn't anything which could be placed in a specific area

Canadian Beer42
09-14-2017, 10:48 PM
And if you could link them to AI or events (reaching an objective point) then you could have them turn on or off.

DapperHayden007
09-14-2017, 11:01 PM
And if you could link them to AI or events (reaching an objective point) then you could have them turn on or off.

The only problem I'd see with that is there's a LOT of work that would have to go into it :confused:

Fallen-Champ
09-15-2017, 08:42 AM
They can already do this with Mods on PC
As an example they have streams with no sound so there are sound icons which you scatter along the stream, this then adds sound of water moving.
I think there were sounds for Caves also (not tried it so can't comment) maybe some new stuff coming with the MOD Steve.B is working on.

akilyoung
09-16-2017, 02:18 PM
This is a really good idea!

I remember making maps in FC3 and using waterfalls, and some of them for some reason didnt have the waterfall sound and I needed it to, that was annoying, yet other ones that did have the sound I placed underground just so I could get the sound effect only, which wasted a big chunk of resource...

akilyoung
09-16-2017, 02:21 PM
They can already do this with Mods on PC
As an example they have streams with no sound so there are sound icons which you scatter along the stream, this then adds sound of water moving.
I think there were sounds for Caves also (not tried it so can't comment) maybe some new stuff coming with the MOD Steve.B is working on.

A 'cave' sound, basically changing all the sound effects around you into a reverb effect is nice, I think some of the assets in FC3 had that, like the cave assets and tunnel assets, when you walked in the sound went into reverb mode.

It would be cool to have the sound of bats chirping too.

Farcryisdead
10-14-2017, 09:48 AM
I just updated the list.

Steve64b
10-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Helicopters flying past. Maybe jets flying overhead.Sound only? Or visual effect too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-nh7wpsqM

Farcryisdead
10-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Sound only? Or visual effect too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9-nh7wpsqM

The jets flying over the map were a nice touch in MOH 2010 be nice to see this feature in fc5.

Alpha_sgt_14
10-15-2017, 01:28 PM
I guess we are starting to dapple in the "scripted events" territory a bit. Sound effects could add yet another depth/ immersion factor in the maps we make. Hell, I remember using objects that had sounds embedded into the asset and sinking them in the terrain so I can just use the sound it produced. Just placing the sound animation would be so useful. Similar to the gameplay objective markers, the sounds object box would be invisible to the players eye with in game but have an icon for us editors to see so we can place them accordingly. This feature doesn't have to include scripted events such as a plain flying overhead or etc, just extracting sounds from objects so we can place them anywhere in the map would be enough.

Sry, Trying not to overwhelm the devs with too many ideas haha. Also maybe an enlargement/ volume tool so the sounds can become louder/ quieter so we can have the ultimate control over the sounds :)

Farcryisdead
10-15-2017, 01:42 PM
I guess we are starting to dapple in the "scripted events" territory a bit. Sound effects could add yet another depth/ immersion factor in the maps we make. Hell, I remember using objects that had sounds embedded into the asset and sinking them in the terrain so I can just use the sound it produced. Just placing the sound animation would be so useful. Similar to the gameplay objective markers, the sounds object box would be invisible to the players eye with in game but have an icon for us editors to see so we can place them accordingly. This feature doesn't have to include scripted events such as a plain flying overhead or etc, just extracting sounds from objects so we can place them anywhere in the map would be enough.

Sry, Trying not to overwhelm the devs with too many ideas haha. Also maybe an enlargement/ volume tool so the sounds can become louder/ quieter so we can have the ultimate control over the sounds :)

I covered sound radius and volume in the original post.

TheSlimReeper
10-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Thumbs up for this. Could use some place able sounds.

Alpha_sgt_14
10-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I covered sound radius and volume in the original post.

Oops, skipped past that part. Anyways, it a good idea and it would be cool to see included with sound management.