PDA

View Full Version : The name Eagle Vision

joshoolhorst
09-14-2017, 02:41 PM
When was Eagle Vision named? No I mean when was it started to get called Eagle Vision? in the past segments they say things like ''sense'' or ''gift'' and ''sight'' I believe I don't know I have made this discussion before btw.
I always assumed they started calling it Eagle Vision as soon as the Modern Day era arrived even Shaun said in Altairs bio in AC3 that they started calling it Eagle Vision vision now ''we now call it Eagle vision''.
According to the AC wiki:
''The Assassin Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad possessed Eagle Vision from an early age. His fellow Assassins knew of his special ability as well, and were the ones to dub it as "Eagle Vision".''
When was that stated in AC1?
In AC2 Giovanni Auditore said use your talent but Ezio wasn't even really aware of his fathers history with the Assassin's so maybe that played a role into it, my question just started to happen while reading the books or is it just cause the Assassin's didn't had a name for it yet back in the old days and so everyone came up with their own name for it?

cawatrooper9
09-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Hmm, that's a really good question.

I assume that the Levantine Assassins' terminology is something that only some brotherhoods have adopted. Maybe like how various brotherhoods have different traditions (like the Istanbul Assassins having the "hook and the blade") the jargon for "Eagle Vision" differed by location.

joshoolhorst
09-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Hmm, that's a really good question.

I assume that the Levantine Assassins' terminology is something that only some brotherhoods have adopted. Maybe like how various brotherhoods have different traditions (like the Istanbul Assassins having the "hook and the blade") the jargon for "Eagle Vision" differed by location.

Mmmh they did say Eagle Vision in the Joan of Arc era and in 19th century in America New York City wonder where else to

strigoi1958
09-14-2017, 06:40 PM
It is a very good question Josh and something I have wondered about before. (you will have to forgive me if this is wrong because all I know about the 1st Civ is what I read in 5 minutes in a wiki page :o)

I assumed that when the 1st civ made hybrid humans (that became assassins and their descendants) they gave them certain abilities (or maybe unlocked parts of the brain we do not use fully). As it is a sense not really vision, because it goes through objects like walls or roofs, I wondered why it was called eagle vision not ESP Extra sensory perception or (Eagle sensory perception ;) ).

I assumed that at sometime someone must have likened it to an eagles ability to notice almost imperceptible movements over a large area and called it eagle vision but your statement that they probably did not have a better understanding or words for it at that time... makes the most sense.
So if anyone asks me, I'm quoting that. :)

In a way I'm glad that we have an eagle in Origins as it ties it all together. Almost as though Assassins have always had the ability to use Eagles and see what they see telepathically but when an eagle is not available they rely on their own eagle vision.

SixKeys
09-16-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm assuming the AC1 reference comes from one of the guidebooks or encyclopedias, because it's not explicitly mentioned in the game.

It's worth noting that the Animus is a simulation that uses video game mechanics to help the user synchronize with their ancestors. The representation of EV as presented by the Animus may not be how it truly works. It's not necessarily "vision" at all, more like a feeling. That's why the historical sections use vague terms like "gift".