PDA

View Full Version : the problem of highlander, and his nightmare

matt89connor
09-14-2017, 07:53 AM
the HL is maybe 1 of few balance hero...but he has a very hard life vs some heroes:
-Conqueror: all heavy can suffer GB fro the shield boy.
-LB: parry or block from LB means suffer the SHOVE tattics.
-Rider: due is low health rider need a few attacks to kill him.
how can HL face hero like that?

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 08:24 AM
the HL is maybe 1 of few balance hero...but he has a very hard life vs some heroes:

Sorry -.- but that starts to be just dumb....

EVERYBODY SUFFERS FROM THOSE THINGS (except the raider part because thats like to say, "why does he attacks me, how can I manage to kill someone who fights back"
Why not mentioning Berserker ? Hyperarmor, top heavy with 55 dmg 3 times downing every hero no matter what ....

Or Highlander himself?!
"highlander has a hard time against highlanders, you will always suffer from counter crush ..."

- - -

Now a serious answer - learn to play, learn to adapt, find ways to fight them yourself.

- Against conqueror, use light attacks and try to use heavies only to punish whiffs or trading (if the conqu attacks), or just use Highlanders offense mode Highlander is one of the heroes who has the best kit to fight conqu.

- if you are getting parried frequently, change you play style, try to not play predicable, and mix up different ways to fight mid-fight

- about the "raider problem" I already mentioned it above, or just learn to parry and to block yourself - that sounds like you can't parry or block, or just dodge....

matt89connor
09-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Sorry -.- but that starts to be just dumb....

EVERYBODY SUFFERS FROM THOSE THINGS (except the raider part because thats like to say, "why does he attacks me, how can I manage to kill someone who fights back"
Why not mentioning Berserker ? Hyperarmor, top heavy with 55 dmg 3 times downing every hero no matter what ....

Or Highlander himself?!
"highlander has a hard time against highlanders, you will always suffer from counter crush ..."

- - -

Now a serious answer - learn to play, learn to adapt, find ways to fight them yourself.

- Against conqueror, use light attacks and try to use heavies only to punish whiffs or trading (if the conqu attacks), or just use Highlanders offense mode Highlander is one of the heroes who has the best kit to fight conqu.

- if you are getting parried frequently, change you play style, try to not play predicable, and mix up different ways to fight mid-fight

- about the "raider problem" I already mentioned it above, or just learn to parry and to block yourself - that sounds like you can't parry or block, or just dodge....
man i don't wana talk about my abilites,76 is my rep, i'm not the best parry boy or best dueler i know better that, but there's a big disadvantage beetween this heroes and HL....i don't talk about players abilities, is natural then a good player HL can beat a normal Conqu, most of the time, but when equal good players face each others, this hero has a hard day to face that, ths is a real unbalance situation....i as hoping to see even a UBI boy to see if they send a feedback because they don't understand that situation

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 09:19 AM
man i don't wana talk about my abilites,76 is my rep, i'm not the best parry boy or best dueler i know better that, but there's a big disadvantage beetween this heroes and HL....i don't talk about players abilities, is natural then a good player HL can beat a normal Conqu, most of the time, but when equal good players face each others, this hero has a hard day to face that, ths is a real unbalance situation....i as hoping to see even a UBI boy to see if they send a feedback because they don't understand that situation

. . .
Really? Rep 76 and you still need to ask such stupid questions? I am rep 31 - and rep really says nothing except that you spend much time with this game.
And it's a shame to see people like you with such a high rep( that means so much time actively spend in the game) and still making this kind of complaint.
But you are not the first ... i did saw and fought some of those people.

But back to topic.
The problem here does not lie by Ubi devs to realize what is wrong with the game, they already know what is wrong and working on some of it.

But more of a problem is, you don't get understand the situation.
1. There will be always good and bad match ups

2. If you take only the abilities of the heroes and compare them, than you could see that every hero has their strong side, also I said to you, highland has unblockables (his offense form), judging from his moves set he is well made to fight Conqu

3. If 2 good players with equal skill lvl fight each other both will have a hard time, because both play good (sounds bit to obvious isn't it?)

The problem here has nothing to do with the hero match up, because if it would really be the hero match up with the reasons you mentioned above, every hero against every hero would be "unbalanced".

Like me and other players already said in your balance thread - you are thinking much to casual, much to simple for understanding the balancing issues of the game.
You are scratching the surface of it, thats all. Sure some of the things where right, but most of the things that where right where very obvious or very well discussed in the community.

Also, i am the guy who said, it is also important to take a look at the feedback of all, casuals, mediocre, hardcore, pros etc.
But this post of you just shows perfectly that you don't understand the matter of a game that also wants to be competitive.

I don't want to be an a-ss-hole, I don't have something against you personally (how should I, i don't know you) and I am sorry for this and normally I don't say things this way - but sometimes I need to spice up my criticism very sharp.

matt89connor
09-14-2017, 10:07 AM
. . .
Really? Rep 76 and you still need to ask such stupid questions? I am rep 31 - and rep really says nothing except that you spend much time with this game.
And it's a shame to see people like you with such a high rep( that means so much time actively spend in the game) and still making this kind of complaint.
But you are not the first ... i did saw and fought some of those people.

But back to topic.
The problem here does not lie by Ubi devs to realize what is wrong with the game, they already know what is wrong and working on some of it.

But more of a problem is, you don't get understand the situation.
1. There will be always good and bad match ups

2. If you take only the abilities of the heroes and compare them, than you could see that every hero has their strong side, also I said to you, highland has unblockables (his offense form), judging from his moves set he is well made to fight Conqu

3. If 2 good players with equal skill lvl fight each other both will have a hard time, because both play good (sounds bit to obvious isn't it?)

The problem here has nothing to do with the hero match up, because if it would really be the hero match up with the reasons you mentioned above, every hero against every hero would be "unbalanced".

Like me and other players already said in your balance thread - you are thinking much to casual, much to simple for understanding the balancing issues of the game.
You are scratching the surface of it, thats all. Sure some of the things where right, but most of the things that where right where very obvious or very well discussed in the community.

Also, i am the guy who said, it is also important to take a look at the feedback of all, casuals, mediocre, hardcore, pros etc.
But this post of you just shows perfectly that you don't understand the matter of a game that also wants to be competitive.

I don't want to be an a-ss-hole, I don't have something against you personally (how should I, i don't know you) and I am sorry for this and normally I don't say things this way - but sometimes I need to spice up my criticism very sharp.

man, this isn't a stupid question, you prefer call me stupid or like that, go on you just show me your low ability of thinking about solution,and in additon, why you don't say something like that to every player who speak bad about cent? mmh?.....BTW my idea for this thread is for give a memo to this problem....if e don't talk, the problem will not disapear.
Think man,. Think

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 10:44 AM
man, this isn't a stupid question, you prefer call me stupid or like that, go on you just show me your low ability of thinking about solution,and in additon, why you don't say something like that to every player who speak bad about cent? mmh?.....BTW my idea for this thread is for give a memo to this problem....if e don't talk, the problem will not disapear.
Think man,. Think

.... I will just ignore you v.v

have a good day, sir . . .

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Ok, so Highlander has "bad" matchups against some Heroes. But, take Lawbringer as an example, EVERY hero has the same problems against a turtle LB. Except those heroes who have unblockable melee or attack moves. And Highlander is one of them... He can play around turtles.

Take my main, PK, in comparison: I cannot do ANYTHING vs a good turtle. All the heroes you listed are hard to fight for PK because, if they are equal on skill, they just turtle up and start using their unblockables on me. I cannot see the difference to your "Highlander situation" except that it is even WORSE for me as PK.

In conclusion it is not the hero balance which is the cause of alot of problems, but the defensive meta. And they work on that. You get it? So, really, get your sh*t together and stop spamming threads like this.

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Ok, so Highlander has "bad" matchups against some Heroes. But, take Lawbringer as an example, EVERY hero has the same problems against a turtle LB. Except those heroes who have unblockable melee or attack moves. And Highlander is one of them... He can play around turtles.

Take my main, PK, in comparison: I cannot do ANYTHING vs a good turtle. All the heroes you listed are hard to fight for PK because, if they are equal on skill, they just turtle up and start using their unblockables on me. I cannot see the difference to your "Highlander situation" except that it is even WORSE for me as PK.

In conclusion it is not the hero balance which is the cause of alot of problems, but the defensive meta. And they work on that. You get it? So, really, get your sh*t together and stop spamming threads like this.

Some people, me included are asking them to rework some of the lb's kit.
Because right now lb is taken to trolling purpose.

According to some lb is now top tier, without having won a single competition. So i hope these ppl will get lb reworked somehow.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Some people, me included are asking them to rework some of the lb's kit.
Because right now lb is taken to trolling purpose.

According to some lb is now top tier, without having won a single competition. So i hope these ppl will get lb reworked somehow.

Well, I don't think LB is OP in Duels in any case. E.g. my PK is a bad matchup for him since I can deflect his Shove - Light on reaction and turn around his main source of Damage. I just have to be on my toes to pull off these stunts constantly (and don't dodge too early so he gets a free GB), while LB, well, turtles up, pushes 2 buttons after a block to get a reward in many cases.

LB in Dominion is really annoying, especially the people who only rely on Impaling Charge / Riposte.

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 01:14 PM
Well, I don't think LB is OP in Duels in any case. E.g. my PK is a bad matchup for him since I can deflect his Shove - Light on reaction and turn around his main source of Damage. I just have to be on my toes to pull off these stunts constantly (and don't dodge too early so he gets a free GB), while LB, well, turtles up, pushes 2 buttons after a block to get a reward in many cases.

LB in Dominion is really annoying, especially the people who only rely on Impaling Charge / Riposte.

LB in duel is trash against pretty much all classes unless you block > shove spam.

Dominion is broken, so who cares.

At least his running charge can be blocked. Raiders docet.

The_B0G_
09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Light spamming assaassins is HL's Achilles heel IMO, his UB heavy's startup is slow enough that the lights still interrupt his startup.

The only answer to this is crushing counter but once you land that once or twice any decent assassin is going start up their feint game.

I personally won't touch HL again until he gets either a speed,damage or Health buff, he can't even trade hits with a zerker as is and PK is too spammy.

I beat HL's all the time with my Kensei, fairly easily too, I wouldn't call them very balanced.

I'd like to see the numbers for how often he's being picked on console, I'd bet it's way below average. I hardly ever see them in matches.

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 01:42 PM
Light spamming assaassins is HL's Achilles heel IMO, his UB heavy's startup is slow enough that the lights still interrupt his startup.

The only answer to this is crushing counter but once you land that once or twice any decent assassin is going start up their feint game.

I personally won't touch HL again until he gets either a speed,damage or Health buff, he can't even trade hits with a zerker as is and PK is too spammy.

I beat HL's all the time with my Kensei, fairly easily too, I wouldn't call them very balanced.

I'd like to see the numbers for how often he's being picked on console, I'd bet it's way below average. I hardly ever see them in matches.

On pc as far as i remember ( don't play the game for a while) HL are disappeared, lot of cents and gladiators.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 02:40 PM
I still see HL in Dominion. In Duels only veeery rarely, just like Valk.

D-d0g56
09-14-2017, 02:55 PM
I've gotten HL to REP 11 now and he's suprisingly good. His only bad match up is cent. His health pool and stamina pool are just to low to even take a simple kick > GB from him. As an orochi I can beat any cent but with HL I can only beat turtle cents. You can imagine how few of those their are in ranked.

Vakris_One
09-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Every hero has a hard time against another specific hero that is essentially his counter hero. That's the rock, paper, scissors nature of the way the devs designed the characters, it's not just the Highlander. The HL however does have the ability to open up turtles by forcing a reaction via use of his offensive stance.

- Conq Life: Go into offensive stance and use your mixup game. Heavy feint into caber toss/kick, kick feint into Caber Toss, heavy feint into light. If he decides to attack you then immeduately respond with the OS light, which is faster than any of Conq's attacks and is also uninterruptible.

- Lawbro: Pretty much the same tactics as above if he turtles but with the addition of baiting out his parry attempts so you can get in a guard crush.

- Rowdy Raider: Guard crush him. Parry his Unblockable zone if he lets it fly. If he uses it as a mixup feint game too often then just Celtic Curse his a** as soon as you see him winding it up. If you catch him in time it will disrupt his zone, if not you will trade with him but that still means you can follow up with OS kick feint into caber toss or heavy and that will result in you doing more damage on him in total than he does on you with just his zone. If he turtles, employ the Conq Life tactics

If they are players of equal skill to you or greater then it will be a tough fight but HL does allow you to make a fight out of it against most of the roster. The only characters that have the ability to completely negate him are Centurion and Shinobi. Cent, because the HL has a very poor stamina pool and stam consumption. Shinobilicious because that little f****r has his kicks that lead to guarranteed damage if they hit and the HL has very poor dodge distance. And even if you time it right and dodge it the HL's attacks are just too slow to follow up with and going into offensive stance from neutral against Shin is suicide. Your best bet is to surprise them by playing like a noob and throwing out Celtic Curse followed by a DS heavy. If he doesn't catch on quickly you could squish him in just 4 hits, depends on how confused he feels and if he had his coffee that morning.