PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den September 14th

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 10:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ij3fya2ek

After a mauling in the Spring and being defeated by the slimmest of margins in Summer, the Knights continue their march in the Fall months, the balance tips once again as the Vikings' border receded too rapidly to make their gains count.

Peoples from all armies pray to their gods and tributes are soon to be paid, pay the Piper and maybe he will see you well. We are Warriors, this is our Den.

This in from his Popeness on Reddit..

The Warrior's Den this week is not to be missed as we will be going in depth with live gameplay of the new 4v4 objective mode we announced today, called Tribute! We'll also reveal the date and details of our next PTS!
Same time and place as always, Noon EDT on http://twitch.tv/forhonorgame (Countdown here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/afootball?iso=20170914T12&p0=165&msg=Warrior%27s+Den+Livestream+9%2F14+-+Tribute+Mode+Gameplay+Reveal%21&font=cursive&csz=1)

Maintenance tomorrow morning at 8 AM EDT, with up to 25 minutes of expected downtime. All platforms. This maintenance is being done to increase Steel rewards in Ranked Duel Tournament Beta mode.

New Tournament Steel Amounts. After re-analyzing the time spent by players in Tournaments and based on player feedback, we've increased the amounts as follows:
Pool Loss: 60 Steel (+200%)
Quarter Loss: 70 Steel (+180%)
Semi Loss: 80 Steel (+129%)
Final Loss: 90 Steel (+100%)
Final Win: 100 Steel (+100%)

Tundra kindly recapped this below, I had the babysitting of a four year old to do while the stream was on. Thanks much. Not going to repeat what Tundra said below, just going to give my take away on what they discussed about Tribute. Tribute will be the focus of the next Public Test, they want feedback on different timings and such.

Tribute is a 4v4 objective mode. They wanted a mode that was quick, had a lot of momentum shift and tactical choices, also something where a team could be losing really badly and could get a clutch win in the last second. They say that this is not a straight capture the flag, you have to get the tributes back, sure, but you also have to keep them. They originally did pitch it as capture the flag but while it looked like that it did not play like that, the people testing it did not identify it as capture the flag. The other thing to bear in mind is the buffs, there is a lot of tactical thought in it, which boost do I give my team, which of theirs do I steal?

The offerings spawn after thirty seconds, when a character is carrying a flag, they have a 28% speed debuff, a shugoki will catch a shinobi flag carrier.

The blessings.

Guardian's blessing gives 25 hp shield that regens completely every 25 seconds, it increases the steal time for the other team when it comes to your tributes.

Vindicator's blessing gives 25% damage boost, it decreases steal time (cancels out guardian's debuff on it) it lowers the speed debuff for carrying a tribute to 10%

Oracle's blessing shows outlines of the rest of the characters and puts them on the minimap, Valkyries who use hunter's horn will be familiar with this.

Once you have all three, the opposition team has 45 seconds to steal an offering.

Each offering you have will increase your respawn time six seconds up from the base ten seconds, this is to balance the buffs.

An attack,guardbreak or block will drop a tribute, a parry will be able to keep it. Super armour (shugoki). will stop the character dropping a tribute.

You will be able to dodge or roll through traps. They are looking into defusing traps in all game modes though they have to figure out something they like.

You will be able to play AI, apparently the bots are good at this.

Friendly fire will cause a flag drop.

Stealth feats will override the awareness buff. This is not 100% polished in the PTS build.

Reward for a tribute mode game is close to elimination.

There is no revive cap, with the extra time for respawn, revives and executions will be important.

Time out with no clear winner will go into overtime, next offering or steal sets off win confirm time.

You cannot manually drop an offering or remove it from your own shrine.

Not going to be single pick, at least in the regular mode. In a ranked or tournament mode they would think of that, this is their stance as a whole.

In the scoreboard there are two new columns, claims (tributes and steals) and blocks (interrupts)

No minions on the map.

If an offering carrier is ledged, the tribute stays closest to where they fell.

In public test the only maps will be the smaller maps, they will have to look at how they can manage the larger maps.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 05:02 PM
I am babysitting a four year old who is doing...four year old things, no I am not allowed to strangle or sedate him ;) (that was more for my benefit than yours >.>) will get on this the moment I can get him colouring, reading or sitting in front of the tv for five minutes all at once.

The_B0G_
09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
I am babysitting a four year old who is doing...four year old things, no I am not allowed to strangle or sedate him ;) (that was more for my benefit than yours >.>) will get on this the moment I can get him colouring, reading or sitting in front of the tv for five minutes all at once.

Whats more important Candle, some random 4 year old kid, or all your close, close friends on an internet forum... get your priorities straight.

psyminion
09-14-2017, 05:26 PM

this is why I appreciate your recaps candle.

I am a stay at home dad of two boys, 4 and 6 and if it wasn't for your recaps, most weeks I'd be clueless.

Tundra 793
09-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Might as well give Candle a break, what with all the kid stuff he has to do.

So far they've;

Reiterated the new Tournament updates Candle listed above.

Next PTS starts in a week, so Thursday the 21st. PC only. They will be testing the new game mode.

New content of the week is;

New emotes for all heroes. The original 12 get a coin toss emote, with unique variations to each hero.

Season 2 heroes get a combat emote each.

Season 3 heroes got unique emotes, a paddling canoe one for the Gladiator. Highlander gets an air guitar.

I think they all cost 7000 steel.

Rest of stream seems to be going through the new game mode, Tribute.

Pope states the next patch is out in October.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks Tundra, he is watching Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that currently (I have watched that cartoon way too many times this week >.>) but that could change in an instant lol.

Whats more important Candle, some random 4 year old kid, or all your close, close friends on an internet forum... get your priorities straight.

Me not getting killed when he wrecks the house and possibly hurts himself in the process? Them's my priorities lol.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 07:31 PM
I've put the description and questions they had over Tribute in the top post, thanks again Tundra for handling the rest of it :)

We.the.North
09-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Tribute mode sounds super interesting ... but the Health issue worries me a bit. It seems like a lot of people are going to be running around with 50% hp.

That means, MORE THAN EVER BEFORE, we seriously need to consider nerfing Centurion and Lawbringer huge gank damage. That run and poke dealing 60% of the opponent's hp in damage with a wall splat (and in Tribute, there are walls everywhere!) while also giving a decent chance to heal through execution after the wall splat is more than overpowered. Lawbringer run and poke should not be able to wall splat. If anything, make the stagger duration long enough to get a second light attack in (like the raider's knee to the face light attack follow up)

The Bombs are also going to require a serious nerf since #1 they deal more damage than Javelin / Trident / Longbow and #2 They are usable indoor (so actually better than catapult in some situation). Sudden death after you get or they get all 3 flags are going to be too often decided by a Lawbringer throwing bombs around.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Tribute mode sounds super interesting ... but the Health issue worries me a bit. It seems like a lot of people are going to be running around with 50% hp.

That means, MORE THAN EVER BEFORE, we seriously need to consider nerfing Centurion and Lawbringer huge gank damage. That run and poke dealing 60% of the opponent's hp in damage with a wall splat (and in Tribute, there are walls everywhere!) while also giving a decent chance to heal through execution after the wall splat is more than overpowered. Lawbringer run and poke should not be able to wall splat. If anything, make the stagger duration long enough to get a second light attack in (like the raider's knee to the face light attack follow up)

The Bombs are also going to require a serious nerf since #1 they deal more damage than Javelin / Trident / Longbow and #2 They are usable indoor (so actually better than catapult in some situation). Sudden death after you get or they get all 3 flags are going to be too often decided by a Lawbringer throwing bombs around.

One of the questions that was asked is would they consider healing the team when a tribute is placed,they felt that it added an extra layer of complexity because people might well keep moving with the flag because they don't want to waste that when team mates are near full. Overall though this is why it is in PTS first, feedback, a lot of people in the twitch chat were worried about health also.

Viking village, even in duel centurions are scary because of the surroundings lol, so yeah I can see a few doing well with more walls around.

We.the.North
09-14-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm 100% in favor of using ONLY executions to heal up. In other modes, the Defense / Execution Regen / Revive Speed was always a no brainer on its piece of equipement. In tribute, you can really feel all 3 stats being super important.

But, for a no healing outside of execution design to work, we really need to look at ganking combo damage opportunity. Like I said, Centurion and Lawbringers are going to be much, much better than all the other heroes on the roster.

Tundra 793
09-14-2017, 08:50 PM
I've put the description and questions they had over Tribute in the top post, thanks again Tundra for handling the rest of it :)

No problem dude, feel free to give me a heads up next time you have to babysit hyperactive minors and I can fill in. At least until Gray gets back.

bmason1000
09-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Candle, tundra, you guys are the real mvp's. Many thanks to both of you.

Tributes not sounding too bad. I'm very curious to see which tribute offers the most initial benefit. Also, depending on the makeup of your team that could really change

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Candle, tundra, you guys are the real mvp's. Many thanks to both of you.

Tributes not sounding too bad. I'm very curious to see which tribute offers the most initial benefit. Also, depending on the makeup of your team that could really change

I think there are two ways of looking at an opening play, vindicator means that your next tribute carry will be quicker, guardian means if you are close to your tribute you have longer to prevent a steal, and given hp gain is execution only outside of feats, the 25 hp refreshing shield might be useful. While oracle may be useful to avoid clusters or for the next flag run, I don't see it passing those benefits, but then examples in play may prove me wrong. I use hunter's horn as valkyrie when the opponents are in breaking and it is useful enough there, having a permanent one, we would need to see how it measures to the other boosts.

We.the.North
09-14-2017, 10:07 PM
In the video, Oracle is NEVER used. Actually, it was used once when a team managed to get 3 buff going. That's it.

CandleInTheDark
09-14-2017, 10:21 PM
In the video, Oracle is NEVER used. Actually, it was used once when a team managed to get 3 buff going. That's it.

Given the time added to respawn, it might be useful to see which areas to avoid on your next run but I would want to test that in pvai with matchmaking turned off rather than commit three others to trying it, especially since the same logic over the six second penalty makes the boosts difficult to turn down. I would also look to see what the bots do, apparently they are good at this game mode.

Tundra 793
09-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Video's up showing off all the new emotes we got today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYr6QwolFmg

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 05:21 AM
Video's up showing off all the new emotes we got today;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYr6QwolFmg

Best of the coin toss emotes are:
PK, Berserker, Orochi, (and for some fan service) Nobushi ;D

Also, Raider and Warlord are RICH :D

Sneaky-Patches
09-15-2017, 06:05 AM
I agree, those ones got excellent emotes. But I would say Valkyrie got the best coin emote, i think it's pretty funny.

Man I'm so happy to hear they are looking at giving traps a counter by rolling over them or some other potential method, that's some of the best news I've been waiting for!

Have they dropped the shinobi doing the floating mediation emote that was hidden in an old video yet?

Anyway thanks for the recap Candle & Tundra.

Brutal_DaDo
09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Does anyone knows if they fixed the bug on gladiator's dodge ?

gj4063
09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Do feats that increase cap speed or increase buff duration have any effect in this game mode?