PDA

View Full Version : Cities in different climate zones

BoooooogieMan
09-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Hello dear forum-lurker,

in 1404 we had the ability to build our 'normal' cities in temperate regions while you build your nomads in the orient. Things I loved to do was, to build orient-cities and occident cities in their opposing climate. It was a logisitcal challenge for the late-game and it made me feel to write my own piece of history, were a group of settlers decided to build a trade outpost in the orient.

In 2070 we didn't realy have different regions, but they came back in 2205. Sadly the thing I loved to do in 1404 wasn't possible anymore. I mean, it kinda makes sense, but I still would have loved it, to build metropoles in the arctic or on the moon.

But now that we enter the 19th century, this should be possible again! It was already mentioned, that multiple maps (or 'sessions') will be used again. Just assuming that we will be able to colonize different regions to get all the cool goodies. I think it should be able, to build my metropoles in africa. I can understand, that it shouldn't be that easy, but it would also be a way to let the player choose his own difficutly.

Instead of having a "Peasent > Worker > Capitalist" type of demograhpic in europe it could be somenthing like "Pioneer > Peasent > Worker > Capitalist" with additional requirements, like access to water sources etc.

What do you think about this?

iruet
09-14-2017, 09:40 AM
I like the idea of the extra challenge you can give yourself. it can be too easy if you cannot do such challenges

stylisticsagi
09-14-2017, 10:18 AM
I think simular climates like 1404 are absolute fun!
Perhaps 3 or 4 diffrent climates on huge maps would be awsome!
+this gives alot of ways for goods production and logistics complexity

aburja
09-15-2017, 12:51 PM
They said sessions from 2205 will be coming back.

Which btw was my least favorite feature of the game. :p

Same game/different maps. :/

So expect this to be the major way for them to implement the different climate zones.

1404 was far more pleasing here.
To see the ships travel between the climates seamlessly...

Lesser graphics, giant maps is what I would rater see.
With a full screen of open empty oceans.
(The 1404 islands where placed way to close for my taste. :p)

Edit:

https://www.anno-union.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/DevblogMultiSession.jpg

My wishes did come real though. :D Larger map, more space between islands.

And the developer said that the sessions will not require as much back-and-forth that 2205 required.