PDA

View Full Version : Rare Resources from 2205

BoooooogieMan
09-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, I want to know your thoughts about the Rare Ressources from Anno 2205. (Refering to the ressources like graphen, petrochemicals, etc. you got through missions and stuff).

I gotta say, I first thought it was an interisiting concept to have some kind of special ressource, to get certain bonuses (aka. modules), but after getting deeper into the game, these modules became essential for setups and an effective economy.
As I am a player who focuses mainly on economy, the grinding thorugh combat missions were kinda annoying, since it took you a long time until you can get a steddy income through sector monuments or the Space Station.

I like the idea of "special ressources" that can be used for extras or maybe assets, but they shouldn't be required for improtant elements. In my opinion, in the general Anno theme, every essential item should be able to be produced and automated, otherwise it'll become bothersome in the late-game.

The Zoo we saw in the Trailer seems to incorporate something like this, as the different kind of animals seem to be a ressource that can't be directly produced. I would hope that it still is something like "Pay x ressources to send an expedition to maybe get a cool Animal", as it would still fit into the Anno theme.

I have no specific question here, I'm more interested in your opinion on this topic, and maybe some people have ideas on how to succesfully incoproate something like this.
(Also I am interested in the plans the Anno-Team has on this topic)

timhageman
09-14-2017, 11:14 AM
I have to agree that the rare resources with which you could get cool new stuff was a great idea from Anno 2205. Their implementation, however, was more than terrible. Requiring insane amounts of rare resources to settle on new islands forces players to do the already repetitive combat missions over and over again (especially in hard mode, where the resource gain from combat missions is near to nonexistant). Furthermore, requiring rare resources to upgrade factories (what was removed in a later update), was even more limiting. Anno is about optimizing production chains (both efficiency and area occupied), having restrictions in this makes no sense.

So I hope they bring back the rare resources but hopefully linked to decorative buildings and that they are obtainable in a fun and diverse manner.

DoomDutch
09-14-2017, 02:32 PM
What I would want to see is the kind of system the latest Simcity or Tropico used. Upgrades to the production building that doesn't have to have its own special area. (Like it was the case with Anno 2205) but a astetic upgrade on the building itself.

Mendahor
09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
I agree with the OP : "Pay x ressources to send an expedition to maybe get a cool Animal", with different resources each time, could be better than the original 2205 rare resources system. Except if we gain access to a technology in the upper civilization level to gain more of these rare resources

I prefer the Anno system of upgrading buildings that the SC one, I like to spend time reorganizing all of my buildings, this is one of the particularity that defines the Anno serie for me.
Please,keep the "free move of buildings" option, because a missclick when placing an expensive building is raging.

banan1996.1996
09-28-2017, 10:38 AM
I liked the idea of those rare resources but I would like them to be less important. They should be required for things which aren't necessary but optional. I agree with timhageman, settling another island required those resources which was very annoying, for me that was one of the worst drawbacks of Anno 2205.

I wouldn't mind seeing rare resources in Anno 1800 but only if getting and using them is optional.

stylisticsagi
09-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Raw resources could be used for item creation to boost your ships, armies and warehouses.
Apart from that i wouldn't go for it.

AgmasGold
09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
I agree, they need some additional, bonus effect, and not be needed for expansion or necessary buildings.