PDA

View Full Version : Map browser screenshots

Farcryisdead
09-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Ubisoft can we please have larger and higher quality map screenshots for viewing in map browser when a map is clicked on for info. but keep thumbnails small. a good map screenshot can really sell a map.

Fallen-Champ
09-13-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't think that's a good idea at all on the In Game Browser - it sounds good until you try and look through maps in the browser, the images sometimes take 10 mins or longer to load up.
This isn't my connection I have virgin cable and the speed is quite good, I think they would need to speed up image times because using the same method bigger images of better quality would take even longer to load.

Also have all platforms with consoles been by far the worst.

Take a look at this site which Steve Botter runs below.

Maps.FarCry.eu (http://maps.farcry.eu/#page=1)

You can select 1000 maps per page, see how fast those images load in - very impressive.

Farcryisdead
09-13-2017, 05:35 PM
I don't think that's a good idea at all on the In Game Browser - it sounds good until you try and look through maps in the browser, the images sometimes take 10 mins or longer to load up.
This isn't my connection I have virgin cable and the speed is quite good, I think they would need to speed up image times because using the same method bigger images of better quality would take even longer to load.

Also have all platforms with consoles been by far the worst.

Take a look at this site which Steve Botter runs below.

Maps.FarCry.eu (http://maps.farcry.eu/#page=1)

You can select 1000 maps per page, see how fast those images load in - very impressive.

I dont mean the thumbnails, i mean once you click on the map to see the info we should get a larger high quality better image than we have in past fc games.

i corrected my original post, sorry for the confusion.

Fallen-Champ
09-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Sure why not it's a good idea :) like you said you can tell a lot from a screen image, often I see one and join the map if it looks good but as mentioned it is a small pic so hard to see properly.

Steve64b
09-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Take a look at this site which Steve Botter runs below.(...) You can select 1000 maps per page, see how fast those images load in - very impressive.

Ironically, the site gets the map thumbnails straight from Ubisoft. The devs for some reason severely limit the download speed ingame, which causes thumbnails to load slowly, and even maps to download in 30 seconds instead of just a couple. I know that having to wait for something adds value, but 40 seconds for a map, and then also waiting for it load into memory is a bit too much IMO... Removing the speed limiter would be key to establishing the FC5 editor IMO. :)

Maybe like a option for 4 extra pictures for a map?Having that would also allow people to abuse some of those pictures for some comments, like set up a story narrative or tips for playing the map. So it's a win-win situation! :)