PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT THE FRACTION WAR. Bio please read as it is your main project

T00Young.2.Die
09-13-2017, 12:05 PM
At least from the the VIKINGS point of view (the boycott)

Bio, this is your main project. Here is my feedback and hope you can understand that the frustration makes it really really hard to find polite words.
And here comes my story of the last ROUND:

I had 2 weeks free and wanted to play as much as possible and use the FLAG to help our fraction: the Vikings. (me and 3 friends)
I had an avarage of 10 hours EACH DAYS (for 2 weeks) and I end up having circa 1.8 million deployed (thats right : 1.800.000) War Assets. 2nd friend had 1.200.000 and the other 2 maybe 300k together.
NOW I know the vikings are the smallest fraction and we were told that there is a FORMULA to help make it fair (I am not even talking about "the last day takes it all" ISSUE).
The Vikings were leading till the last turn and when I saw the result last night I was SHOCKED, Fustrated....you name it. I was soooo turned off that I said: ________ (please imagine fustration) and didnt bother to take a screenshot. As it is right now, this screenshoot doesnt even matter as i dont have to prove anything cause of the fustration. (do feel free BIO, since you have all the data, to check my account playtime and assets in the last round....since you should have the data)

From mine and the other 3 friends (all vikings) point of view: WE WILL BOYCOTT THE FRACTION WAR TILL THE FIX YOU SPOKE AT PAX WILL BE IN !!!!
NO BANNER SHELLL WE USE AND you dont have to imagine that we will not play even half of time like in the last round. Every now and then a tournament will do it for us.

I dont know you FORMULA that should make it fair, but I can only tell you how each round ends for us: FUSTRATION , FUSTRATION and FUSTRATION!!!

Neversetdrums
09-13-2017, 02:14 PM
From the last time the devs mentioned faction balances, Vikings were not the smallest. They're actually the largest because of all the people that switched at then end of season 1. Vikings have the most, Samurai have the 2nd most, and Knights the smallest, and always have been the smallest. So, you're likely carrying more dead weight.

Aarpian
09-13-2017, 02:21 PM
This might be the single dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum.

PeanutBlock
09-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Well, as a Knight I have hated the Faction War since day 1. We didn't win a single Round in Season 1. We were outright robbed because of the stupidest tie-breaking rules ever (assets in the FINAL round only.. really?) in Round 2. Now that we are winning, it seems like everyone else is having a hissy fit. Well, I just stick my banner on the Volcano and call it a day. Deus Vult!!

Mythic MK II
09-13-2017, 10:40 PM
2 Questions,
1. Who or what is BIO? Do you mean Bioware? because that is the wrong company.
2. Not so much a question... but don't you mean Faction war? Fraction means a small piece of something.
secret 3rd question, what do you think boycotting is going to do? I have been with the knights for since launch and we lost 2 seasons. First season being comepletely left in the dust by the weebs and barbarians. Now the Deus Vult weirdos have a shot at winning (a shot, if that final round is going to be the same as last season.... goodbye hope for a reward of actively participating)

Tundra 793
09-13-2017, 10:54 PM
2 Questions,
1. Who or what is BIO? Do you mean Bioware? because that is the wrong company.

Bio is the first name of one of the developers in charge of the faction war.

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 11:06 PM
From the last time the devs mentioned faction balances, Vikings were not the smallest. They're actually the largest because of all the people that switched at then end of season 1. Vikings have the most, Samurai have the 2nd most, and Knights the smallest, and always have been the smallest. So, you're likely carrying more dead weight.

Not true as of two weeks ago I believe, it was something like 36/36/28 with the vikings on the lower end of that. Samurai had 42% when the free weekend folk were included (and lost that round for what it is worth) and the vikings won the first season with the smallest population.

As for a boycott...nope, don't take well to being told what to do. Wasn't taking part in the game blackouts either and more people were up for that, call me contrary and all.

UbiNoty
09-13-2017, 11:21 PM
I can pass this along to the team and give it to the attention of Bio. And I know this may not be very good consolation, but at the end of practically every round, and even more so at the end of each season - we see these kinds of threads.
We know it's frustrating, and a problem, which is why we're working on trying to introduce not only improvements into the faction war, but to increase transparency and how current and accurately the faction war map reflects the actual state of things.

So to close, we're working on making things improvements for the better! And there's always next round!

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 11:37 PM
And there's always next round!

Pretty sure the knights shouldn't win round three because if people in the samurai and vikings are smart they will realise any attack on each other at the end puts them closer to it being game over already. Of course even if this comes off, someone will be in need to win circumstances in round four so all bets will be off regardless..