PDA

View Full Version : BUG Report? P-51D Mustang cause of memory error?

akatoha
02-02-2004, 06:36 PM
At least three times now when flying the mustang in the QMB I've shot down 4 or more enemy aircraft but when I try to save a track file I get this error message.

IL2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles: il2fb.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 'CxCdbd17Ee'reference memory at 'CxCdc28138'. The memory could not be 'read'.
Click OK to terminate the program

Several other times after flying the mustang in the QMB my PC has behaved strangely (running very slow or would lockup when shutting down) after exiting the game. After a restart the PC runs fine though.

I've not noted any similar problem with any other aircraft in the game.

Problem is fixed? I had a prior mustang track file with a very long file name
(tom_mustang_fullreal_test_1) and after renaming with a much shorter file name the problem went away. Strange though as I've used similar file names for other aircraft but the mustang was the only aircraft effected?

[This message was edited by akatoha on Tue February 03 2004 at 10:31 AM.]

akatoha
02-02-2004, 06:36 PM
At least three times now when flying the mustang in the QMB I've shot down 4 or more enemy aircraft but when I try to save a track file I get this error message.

IL2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles: il2fb.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 'CxCdbd17Ee'reference memory at 'CxCdc28138'. The memory could not be 'read'.
Click OK to terminate the program

Several other times after flying the mustang in the QMB my PC has behaved strangely (running very slow or would lockup when shutting down) after exiting the game. After a restart the PC runs fine though.

I've not noted any similar problem with any other aircraft in the game.

Problem is fixed? I had a prior mustang track file with a very long file name
(tom_mustang_fullreal_test_1) and after renaming with a much shorter file name the problem went away. Strange though as I've used similar file names for other aircraft but the mustang was the only aircraft effected?

[This message was edited by akatoha on Tue February 03 2004 at 10:31 AM.]

VW-IceFire
02-02-2004, 06:47 PM
I fly the 51 alot...especially in single player mode. No problems and no problems (in this respect) saving the track files either.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

akatoha
02-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Played IL2FB version 1.22 the past several hours running the same QMB mission but flying the P-40M or P-47D instead of the mustang and can get 4 plus kills with either aircraft and save a track file with no problems.

Also I retried the mustang three more times and still get the same error message when I try to save a track file of the mustang flight. Does not matter if I get any kills or not the game will not let me save a track file of any mustang flight I make in the QMB.

oFZo
02-03-2004, 06:12 AM
I used to have similar syptoms in IL2 (another plane of course), a reinstall fixed it.

-oFZo
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.bryant3/ETSigHolland.gif
Founding member and Offical Keeper of The Herbs of the Eurotrolls.

"The Lord is coming. Look busy."

rbstr44
02-03-2004, 07:39 AM
I run FB on a fairly minimal computer (Athlon T-bird 800MHz, 768MB 133MHz RAM, 32MB nVidia card)--I encounter problems after running consecutive QMB missions--only very occasionally while attempting to save tracks. I don't use Win98 virtual memory management so when my RAM is exhausted, it's going to crash the computer (VMM doesn't work on my comp with 768MB). I have come to believe that there are some memory leak problems with the FB program code (i.e., FB does not free up all its memory back to Windows after each game session is completed) so each subsequent mission or a really long mission uses more and more RAM. Eventually, adding one more tasks to the computer during a QMB session (i.e., starting to record a track, or switching/cycling external views, etc) is enough to cause FB to exhaust memory (i.e., use all available free memory) and crash at some random instruction register address. The only solution I can suggest is to add more memory, and to reboot windows after every two or three missions to return that FB leaked memory back to Windows allocation control.

BTW, it's wild when I exhaust video texture memory in the graphics card, and I begin to see albino textures covering both planes and landscape features--usually, that is my cue to quit back to Windows and reboot while I still can. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif