PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing The Leaver Penalty

SHARKBITE9204
09-13-2017, 04:59 AM
I'm certain that I'm probably not the only person who's figured this out or done this already, but I find that quitting the entire game and dash-boarding(Xbox One) is a faster and penalty free way to leave a rather undesirable match. When I restart the game and enter the matchmaking menu, there's no ten minute penalty so I know it works. Now, obviously I don't condone rage quitting or leaving a match early, but hey sometimes I'm just not in the mood for getting ganked into oblivion by a pack of Centurions or joining a match in-progress where my team is losing by 800+ points. But at the same time, I'm not gonna sit around with my thumb up my *** for ten minutes because the game is punishing me for not staying in those kinds of matches. 1 minute max to restart the game and start matchmaking again.

RenegadeRasta
09-13-2017, 07:08 AM
Yes. The home button is my best friend.

Malyngo
09-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Does this work outside of the grace period of 30 seconds?
(During the first 30 seconds (I think?) you can leave a match without penalty)

Vakris_One
09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
You do know there's a 30 second grace period at the start of every match right? In those first 30 seconds you can exit out of the match with no penalty.

Cac.maus
09-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Does this work outside of the grace period of 30 seconds?
(During the first 30 seconds (I think?) you can leave a match without penalty)

Yes it does work outside of the grace period

Cac.maus
09-14-2017, 04:02 PM
You do know there's a 30 second grace period at the start of every match right? In those first 30 seconds you can exit out of the match with no penalty.

I am well aware of the grace period but sometimes I let a game play out but it turns sour very quickly after the grace period. Some groups wait until it is over to start ganking peopl, which is smart of them if people don't know the way around it.

Vakris_One
09-14-2017, 05:10 PM
I am well aware of the grace period but sometimes I let a game play out but it turns sour very quickly after the grace period. Some groups wait until it is over to start ganking peopl, which is smart of them if people don't know the way around it.
So that means you are going to rage quit every time you are loosing. That's not very nice to the other people who are playing alongside you considering that we all know there's more than a 60% chance you'll crash the match for everyone in it.

Haplo_Bane
09-14-2017, 06:55 PM
EVERY game has rage quitters.The thing is you barely notice because the game is made by COMPETENT DEVELOPERS. CONSUMERS BLAMING CONSUMERS FOR A FAULT THAT THE COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ARE FOOLS. FOOLS THAT COMPANIES LIKE THIS LOVE. I am NOT a rage quitter,just a retired COMPANY OWNER that does not suffer fools. Anyway,here's a good trick. If you are in a team,and one gets disconnected FOR NO FAULT OF HIS/HER OWN, get the disconnected teammate to send a party invite.This will pull the remaining teammates playing out of the match AND YES, PROBABLY CRASH THE GAME FOR THE OTHER TEAM,BUT you are teamed back up WITH NO PENALTY and look for another match.INSTEAD OF HAVING ONE PERSON HAVING TO WAIT 10 MINUTES BECAUSE THE UBI DEVS CAN NOT GET THEIR SH#T TOGETHER. PRESSURE THE COMPANY: NOT EACH OTHER !!!!!! IT IS MORE EFFECTIVE.

FredEx919
09-14-2017, 10:07 PM
The leave penalty isn't meant to penalize in every situation. This method has been posted in these forums a few times. We're aware. Unfortunately, there are people out there that abuse the ability to quit (no matter how the game is designed). This is one of the reasons the penalty is necessary. We're continuing to do what we can to prevent some of the situations that you all are finding frustrating, and hopefully we can get more changes out as soon as possible.

vgrimr_J
09-15-2017, 03:13 PM
The leave penalty isn't meant to penalize in every situation. This method has been posted in these forums a few times. We're aware. Unfortunately, there are people out there that abuse the ability to quit (no matter how the game is designed). This is one of the reasons the penalty is necessary. We're continuing to do what we can to prevent some of the situations that you all are finding frustrating, and hopefully we can get more changes out as soon as possible.

Quit penalty needs to be progressive first penalty 10 mins. next one within 2 hours is 30 mins and next after that is a day ban.

frewbear
09-15-2017, 06:14 PM
There shouldn't be a ban period. If you can't ensure a decent connection, you can't enforce a ban. Ragequitting is annoying but its a person's right to leave if they're not having fun due to toxic players or **** connections dc'ing their friends / teammates. Winning or losing isn't important as long as you had fun doing it -- most people ragequit because people abuse the broken mechanics to the point the game isn't fun anymore, not because they're losing. Blame Ubisoft, don't try and side with them to help further alienate your fellow players.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-15-2017, 07:16 PM

I understood you till I read this. So you quit also when youre losing, not just when you enter an already 90% done match. Smh.

Vakris_One
09-16-2017, 02:30 PM
There shouldn't be a ban period. If you can't ensure a decent connection, you can't enforce a ban. Ragequitting is annoying but its a person's right to leave if they're not having fun due to toxic players or **** connections dc'ing their friends / teammates. Winning or losing isn't important as long as you had fun doing it -- most people ragequit because people abuse the broken mechanics to the point the game isn't fun anymore, not because they're losing. Blame Ubisoft, don't try and side with them to help further alienate your fellow players.
Honestly, I would still prefer there to be a rage quit penalty in order to discourage all of the rage quitters or at least minimise the knee jerk rage quitting as soon as someone gets ledged twice or some other sillyness. I've never been given a penalty when the game itself f***ed up and dropped the connection so they obviously have a way of telling the difference between a connection error and a menu exit.

Even if the connection stability was perfect in this game rage quitting would still be poison because it leaves one team with useless bots. Take Rocket League for example, the non-ranked modes are rife with rage quitting because there's no penalty for it. It is a complete horror show most of the time when you constantly get peoole rage quitting as soon as they go one single goal down. Then new players come into the match and as soon as they go one single goal down they rage quit too. And it turns into a revolving door. Honestly you could go through a small village of players in the course of just one match, it gets really ridiculous sometimes and it ruins other people's game time.

At the end of the day who should we cater to? The selfish rage monkeys who cannot control their own emotions and ruin everyone else's play time. Or the players who can maintain their cool and see a match through to the end. I know which ones I'd prefer to cater to.

Devils-_-legacy
09-16-2017, 08:18 PM
I dont think a day ban is a good idea I've had 3 occurances weres the games kicked me for no reason and I've had a ten minute wait even got flagged as cheating when I wasn't and I'm on ps4 lol I don't think they should of activated the ban without fixing other aspects first matchmaking and games fixes couldn't play all of yesterday kept getting matchmaking not ready even deleted and reinstalled the game didn't help and the only games I've been in recently is 4 vs 2 not that much of motive to play the game unless it's a weekend seem to get better games is that due to more people being on?

UbiNoty
09-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Implementing a more advanced quit penalty will have more potential once dedicated servers go through. At that point any lingering false-positive matchmaking suspensions should no longer be a problem as random disconnects due to network instability should stop, so we can look to try things out like progressive penalties or even longer ones. Until then, the 10-min penalty is still necessary as a RQ deterrent. Even though we are aware of issues where players are banned even when it wasn't an intentional quit (we're working on that too), but without the quit-penalty, RQ would probably be much more rampant and out of control.

Cac.maus
09-28-2017, 04:24 PM
I understood you till I read this. So you quit also when youre losing, not just when you enter an already 90% done match. Smh.

If I find a game that is almost complete, say 700+ points to one team I will stay in. I am almost always with some friends so we leave very rarely as we don't like having bots on our team so we don't do it to others but if we do leave it is because somebody has really bad connection and is messing everything up or we had a team of 4 warden's before that were using the unlock trick when it was active.

gj4063
09-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Given how long the game takes to load and how long MM takes to find a game, you might as well play out the match.

Netcode_err_404
09-28-2017, 07:51 PM
Best part with this game treatments regarding quitters is when you q up with a frriend, join an already started game thats made by only bots, versus a full 180 geared premade.

AFter a couple of min your friend got disconnected by easy anti cheat, and then you are alone and 3 bots lvl 2, vs a full geared premade.

If you quit, you get penalized.

Totally legit. Thanks god there is the task manager.

That_guy44
09-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Honestly, I would still prefer there to be a rage quit penalty in order to discourage all of the rage quitters or at least minimise the knee jerk rage quitting as soon as someone gets ledged twice or some other sillyness. I've never been given a penalty when the game itself f***ed up and dropped the connection so they obviously have a way of telling the difference between a connection error and a menu exit.

Even if the connection stability was perfect in this game rage quitting would still be poison because it leaves one team with useless bots. Take Rocket League for example, the non-ranked modes are rife with rage quitting because there's no penalty for it. It is a complete horror show most of the time when you constantly get peoole rage quitting as soon as they go one single goal down. Then new players come into the match and as soon as they go one single goal down they rage quit too. And it turns into a revolving door. Honestly you could go through a small village of players in the course of just one match, it gets really ridiculous sometimes and it ruins other people's game time.

At the end of the day who should we cater to? The selfish rage monkeys who cannot control their own emotions and ruin everyone else's play time. Or the players who can maintain their cool and see a match through to the end. I know which ones I'd prefer to cater to.

Who cares if people leave in unranked? Just play ranked in rocket league if you care so much about people leaving. It's called casual for a reason. There shouldn't be a leave penalty for casual. Only for ranked.

The_B0G_
09-29-2017, 12:06 AM
If everyone knows this, they'll patch it. You're not helping anyone.