PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a real Guard Break?

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 04:48 AM
I played again with some ideas, and also with the def meta topic.

I already mentioned parry many times and that I think, that we need a way for it to give no free dmg in form of attacks, and instead giving every hero a parry punish in their kit, that allows a small attack (like warlords poke that deals 10 dmg) with small dmg, and a way to mix up after a parry (go into offense) - not forgetting that parry should cost stamina.
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1743671-I-have-a-question-about-the-next-PT-because-it-is-toxic)

But lets think about Blocking, because it will be still to safe if it will be in the same state like now, after the def meta patch.

What already happened, is that we got a higher chip dmg - and thats great, also the amount with 18% is a good one. If it would be higher it may be bit problematic in 4v4.
Other ways would be, giving blocking stamina cost (a simple one) but stamina management is already very hard, so this would be a bit much.

What I thought about is, a real Guard Break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79o3S_6q4I

You see in this video, the game soul calibur 5, there is a mechanic called guard burst.

For blocking to many attacks the the guard will break and you will be vulnerable for a short time.
It is shown visually by a yellow glow around the HP bar followed by a red glow and after that heavy attacks can break it.

Now what my idea is, let's add a similar thing into For Honor.
How it works:

1. It counts with attacks, that deal chip dmg, that means...
- all heavy attacks
- attacks like Kenseis dodge attacks (dauntless effect)
- zones

2. Each Guard side has a certain amount of HP (I don't know how much would be good, and if every side should be same or different).
- it should differ between Vanguards, heavies, Assassins, Hybrids.

3. This amount of HP will be reduced by attacks from 1., but minus the chip dmg (because thats the dmg that goes through the guard)
The numbers are only examples for a possible way to set them
- First stage/condition = from 100% - 75%
- Second State/condition = 75% - 50%
- Third State/condition = 50% - 15%
- Fourth State/condition = 15% - 0%

4. How to visualize it?
- Change colors of the indicators depending on their HP.
- or around the indicator
- or cracks in the indicator

5.1 Consequence of the states/condition of the Block side
- First stage/condition = No GBs are safe on dodge
- Second State/condition = GBs are safe on doge
- Third State/condition = Blocks loose their superior block property (against light attacks)
- Fourth State/condition = Guard will break with the next heavy attack

5.2 Also very important, this counts for full block stances as well. (this is also a way to bring back the CGB for full block stances )
But their HP is calculated by adding all 3 sides HP together

Consequences of the states are similar to 5.1 (the values of the states could variate here)
- First stage/condition = No GBs are safe on Full Block
- Second State/condition = GBs are safe on Full Block
- Third State/condition = Blocks loose their superior block property

6. What happens after it breaks?
You will be stunned for a short time, and the amount of time you are stunned is enough for...
- a light attack (or similar fast actions)
- a safe GB

7. Very important to not forget.
It recovers over time, but which recovery rate it should be I don't know, thats a thing that needs to be tested.

8. For 4v4 modes
This idea sound abit "broken" for those modes, but don't forget chip dmg works against this effect, also defense is a help.
But what I thought extra of it is, the defense stat also raises the Block-HP.

Also as far as I know, devs stated a time ago, that they want to add more equipment parts -> that means more space of gear stats.
- adding the stat HP for blocks (but I think this would work well with Def stat)
- or recovery of HP on blocks

Example:
Heavy class:
- Has the highest Block-HP of all sub classes
- Left: First state = 160 B-HP, Second State = 120 B-HP, Third State = 80 B-HP, Fourth State = 24 B-HP
- Right: First state = 160 B-HP, Second State = 120 B-HP, Third State = 80 B-HP, Fourth State = 24 B-HP
- Top: First state = 160 B-HP, Second State = 120 B-HP, Third State = 80 B-HP, Fourth State = 24 B-HP

Assassin class:
- has lowest Block-HP (because of reflex guard and they are made to be agile (dodging))
- Left: First state = 120 B-HP, Second State = 90 B-HP, Third State = 60 B-HP, Fourth State = 18 B-HP
- Right: First state = 120 B-HP, Second State = 90 B-HP, Third State = 60 B-HP, Fourth State = 18 B-HP
- Top: First state = 130 B-HP, Second State = 98 B-HP, Third State = 65 B-HP, Fourth State = 20 B-HP

I am the Assassin (I have 120 Block HP on left and right), the enemy attacks me with a heavy attack from the right side, the heavy would deal 33 dmg.
I block it. I take 6 chip dmg - and the Blocking side takes 27 dmg. -> after I blocked, the Block-HP is: 120-27 = 93(still first state).
He attacks again from the same side, it is a chained attack -> 20 dmg
I block again - 4 chip dmg and 16 block dmg -> Block-HP: 93 - 16 = 76 (second state -> means I lose the ability to CGB on dodges)
Eating another heavy out of neutral -> 76 - 26 = 50 (third state -> I lose sup block against lights)

NOTE:
This suggestion is with def meta patch in mind and also balance GB on dodges, and gives a second opportunity for safe GBs to compensate for a Parry without any free dmg.

So what are your thoughts on this idea, I think this is something that the game mechanics are missing.

Malyngo
09-13-2017, 08:57 AM
2. Each Guard side has a certain amount of HP (I don't know how much would be good, and if every side should be same or different, also if it should variate between classes).
Most simple way would be to give every class the same amount, but it wouldn't be bad to differ it between Vanguards, heavies, Assassins, Hybrids.

But wouldn't that bring people to just attack from one side, until the guard on that side breaks?

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 09:21 AM
But wouldn't that bring people to just attack from one side, until the guard on that side breaks?

Maybe, but is that something bad?

I'll explain it with an example:
As an assassin with a lower Block HP it would break faster.
If someone tries to go only from one side, it is pretty obvious and gives me the chance to
1. Dodge it and punish the whiff
2. Deflect it
3. Parry it to drain the stamina of my enemy

Just imagine for yourself, fighting someone who only spams heavy attack from one side :D
Easy fight.

It's not like it would break from 1 heavy attack, it would need some amount of them, let's take the number out of my example.
120 Block-HP for assassin, a regular heavy does around 35 dmg, minus 5 chip dmg.
It would take 4 attacks to break for the assassin. And don't forget, it regenerates over time.
But as I stated above, I don't know how much would be a good amount of Block-HP to be balanced in both 1v1 and 4v4.

Such a change would bring in a certain depth for mind games and blocking, especially a tactical aspect for and against blocking.

Malyngo
09-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Thanks, for the explanation. Makes sense to me :)

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Thanks, for the explanation. Makes sense to me :)

Np :)

(sorry for the simple answer in your thread with the cgb, i tried it for myself again and seems Wardens cgb ist abit different, i am Not Sure entirly maybe it is really a Bug)

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 12:24 AM
This is really unique, and I think the devs would like seeing it. But this would be essentially adding in a whole new mechanic, and it would then mean a relearning of fight mechanics for all players, which would be a huge thing. So I don't know how likely it is that something like this will be realized, but I do want to pass it over anyways just because I thought the concept was fresh and unique.

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 02:29 AM
This is really unique, and I think the devs would like seeing it. But this would be essentially adding in a whole new mechanic, and it would then mean a relearning of fight mechanics for all players, which would be a huge thing. So I don't know how likely it is that something like this will be realized, but I do want to pass it over anyways just because I thought the concept was fresh and unique.

I know, adding a new mechanics would always bring a change over, but also a fresh Wind into the Game.

Who knows, maybe the devs feel the Same way Like me, that there ist something Missing Like this(mechanicly-wise) :)

Anyway, would be nice to hear a small Feedback from them, on how they like it.

matt89connor
09-14-2017, 08:57 AM
so,in a few words, your idea of GB is by ruin the defense of the hero by destroy his block capability by attacking ?, before tell to you what I think, i want understand this if is true

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 09:27 AM
so,in a few words, your idea of GB is by ruin the defense of the hero by destroy his block capability by attacking ?, before tell to you what I think, i want understand this if is true

If you want it to say that simple, yes.
By attacking a guarding enemy, you will "break" their defense to open them up for a very brief moment.

So, go on - what are you thinking (but I don't think there will come anything positive judging from our current situation)

matt89connor
09-14-2017, 10:01 AM
If you want it to say that simple, yes.
By attacking a guarding enemy, you will "break" their defense to open them up for a very brief moment.

So, go on - what are you thinking (but I don't think there will come anything positive judging from our current situation)

now, is impossibile....after 2 attacks you suffer a parry, so now not work. Maybe aftre defensive meta, when you can attack more because parry is a risk just for remove stamina.
Vs assasin refelx guard....how this work? they lost the block capability after 600/900ms .

I want to add a suggestion: only the heavy can destroy guard,but every hero has has his resistance capabilities, so there will be another bar for this type of resistance.
take a look

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 10:38 AM
now, is impossibile....after 2 attacks you suffer a parry, so now not work. Maybe aftre defensive meta, when you can attack more because parry is a risk just for remove stamina.
Vs assasin refelx guard....how this work? they lost the block capability after 600/900ms .

I want to add a suggestion: only the heavy can destroy guard,but every hero has has his resistance capabilities, so there will be another bar for this type of resistance.
take a look

Looks like you don't read my full thread, or you don't understood it.
If you would have read all of it, you should know by now that the "suggestion" useless, because I mentioned those things from the beginning.

Before you answer to a thread, please read it entirely .....
Also, the Note at the end says, that this suggestion is in mind with the def meta changes.

But I will explain it for you to understand this idea.

This idea says:
1. Every hero has Block-HP (resistance) on every Block side (left, right, top)
- those HP would be different from main group to main group (vanguard, heavy, assassin, hybrid)

2. Those Block-HP are lowered by blocking attacks which deal chip dmg (that means heavies, zones, and some other - so no light attacks)
- chip dmg doesn't count to the Block-HP dmg

3. Block HP can recover over time - so if you don't block with this side it will "heal" itself.

4. There are 3 different states of the Block indicators. (100-60% = white, 60-20% yellow, 20-0% red)

White (normal) - the effect here is, you can CGB on this side if you get GBed in a dodge.
Yellow(damaged) - you can't CGB a GB if it hits you on a dodge
Red(breaking) - guard will break

5. If it breaks, you will be stunned for a very short time and your enemy can GB you in this time or do a light attack (or similar fast move)

Example:
Assassin class:
- has lowest Block-HP (because of reflex guard and they are made to be agile (dodging))
Left: 120 -> turns yellow on 72 HP -> turns red 24 HP
Right: 120 -> turns yellow on 72 HP -> turns red 24 HP
Top: 130 -> turns yellow on 78 HP -> turns red 26 HP

I am the Assassin (I have 120 Block HP on left and right), the enemy attacks me with a heavy attack from the right side, the heavy would deal 33 dmg.
I block it. I take 6 chip dmg - and the Blocking side takes 27 dmg. -> after I blocked the Block-HPis: 120-27 = 93(still white).
I block again - 4 chip dmg and 16 block dmg -> Block-HP: 93 - 16 = 76 (still white)

and so on - about the regeneration I am not that sure, how fast it should be and who much it should make, if it stops on certain actions or not

High-Horse
09-14-2017, 06:42 PM
This is a really cool idea, adds a new dynamic to defense and attack.

BUT why not simplify it by just making Block cost stamina? I saw you mention this in the OP as part of a blanket change (I tried to read it all so forgive me if I missed anything).

Without adding a completely new mechanic, simply consuming stamina on block and adjusting every hero's stamina pool could also do the trick, each hero having different "block health" based on their own pool.

Maybe we could add "block hp" in the form of increasing stamina costs for blocking the same sides, indicated by your health colors. An enemy could attempt to break one side of your guard, but at the risk being predictable and getting parried.

I think something like what you suggested would be great, and not that it's an overly complicated system, I think it should be simplified a little.

Edited to add: In line with your idea, the stamina consumed would be based on the amount of damage blocked, so blocking big hits consumes lots of stamina while fast, low damage hits might barely register. It doesn't matter if it's Heavy or Light, only the damage it deals is calculated into stamina cost.

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 08:01 PM
This is a really cool idea, adds a new dynamic to defense and attack.

BUT why not simplify it by just making Block cost stamina? I saw you mention this in the OP as part of a blanket change (I tried to read it all so forgive me if I missed anything).

Without adding a completely new mechanic, simply consuming stamina on block and adjusting every hero's stamina pool could also do the trick, each hero having different "block health" based on their own pool.

Maybe we could add "block hp" in the form of increasing stamina costs for blocking the same sides, indicated by your health colors. An enemy could attempt to break one side of your guard, but at the risk being predictable and getting parried.

I think something like what you suggested would be great, and not that it's an overly complicated system, I think it should be simplified a little.

Edited to add: In line with your idea, the stamina consumed would be based on the amount of damage blocked, so blocking big hits consumes lots of stamina while fast, low damage hits might barely register. It doesn't matter if it's Heavy or Light, only the damage it deals is calculated into stamina cost.

Very good thought :)
And yes, you are right - I mentioned it very short at the beginning.

My first version of this idea was with stamina dmg, I went through this idea many times and realized, it would break the stamina management in 99% of the cases.
Also it would be the simple way on the first view, but at the second and third you will see, that won't work just that simple :0 and would still need to revamp the stamina mechanic, what would be similar complex/costly like adding a new mechanic.

The problem here lies in the fact that Stamina is already strained/stressed with many mechanics in the game. (Attacks, GB, Zone, Roll and especially by enemies actions, like getting blocked, parried or melee attacks - the most part that strains Stamina are the enemies that means most of them can control your stamina management to a certain degree)
And be adding Stamina dmg by just blocking, you would make the stamina management very complicated and maybe we could break stamina management this way completely.

In that moment I remembered the Guard Burst from Soul Calibur and that this kind of mechanic is very compatible with For Honor and its mechanics/elements.

But not only the stamina management would be complicated, also adding different states of the guard (and based on those states, the consequences) would be very difficult.
That means:

2. Each Guard side has a certain amount of HP (I don't know how much would be good, and if every side should be same or different, also if it should variate between classes).
Most simple way would be to give every class the same amount, but it wouldn't be bad to differ it between Vanguards, heavies, Assassins, Hybrids.

3. This amount of HP will be reduced by attacks from 1., but minus the chip dmg (because thats the dmg that goes through the guard)
- first state change happens at 60% second on 20%

4. How to visualize it?
Change colors of the indicators depending on their HP.

5.1 Consequence of the states.
- Normal sate: guard breaks on dodge are NOT guaranteed for every class
- Yellow state: guard breaks on dodges to the side of the yellow indicator are guaranteed
- red state: guard will break

5.2 Also very important, this counts for full block stances as well. (this is also a way to bring back the CGB for full block stances )
But their HP is calculated by adding all 3 sides HP together, also here we need to think abit different and add certain conditions.
- The block efficiency depends on the state of all 3 guard side, that means ...
+ if the total number of HP is 60% or below the Full block you will lose the ability to CGB
+ after 20% the full block will lose its superior property, and other abilities, that means it will lose all its use and will work as a simple guard and can also break

6. What happens after it breaks?
You will be stunned for a short time, and the amount of time you are stunned is enough for...
- a light attack (or similar fast actions)
- a safe GB

7. Very important to not forget.
It recovers over time, but which recovery rate it should be I don't know, thats a thing that needs to be tested.

All those points wouldn't be compatible with it as a stamina cost, or would overload stamina completely.

About the reward, it would be possible, that your enemy would be stunned for a short time if you manage to take away the last part of stamina, by attacking his block.
But this would be very broken with the current stamina management in this game.
What would also be a problem is, OOS state. Sure you can make it, the way it only takes effect if the enemy has stamina.

But all in one - adding this with a new mechanic would make it easier to keep the balance of the game, and would cost you a similar amount of time/effort like load it on Stamina and afterwards balancing Stamina, because it is already connected with various other mechanics.

I do understand where you coming from, but in my mind as many times I went this through - I couldn't imagine it work out well :)

Thats the long version of why I made this idea as a seperate/new mechanic ^^.

matt89connor
09-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Looks like you don't read my full thread, or you don't understood it.
If you would have read all of it, you should know by now that the "suggestion" useless, because I mentioned those things from the beginning.

Before you answer to a thread, please read it entirely .....
Also, the Note at the end says, that this suggestion is in mind with the def meta changes.

But I will explain it for you to understand this idea.

This idea says:
1. Every hero has Block-HP (resistance) on every Block side (left, right, top)
- those HP would be different from main group to main group (vanguard, heavy, assassin, hybrid)

2. Those Block-HP are lowered by blocking attacks which deal chip dmg (that means heavies, zones, and some other - so no light attacks)
- chip dmg doesn't count to the Block-HP dmg

3. Block HP can recover over time - so if you don't block with this side it will "heal" itself.

4. There are 3 different states of the Block indicators. (100-60% = white, 60-20% yellow, 20-0% red)

White (normal) - the effect here is, you can CGB on this side if you get GBed in a dodge.
Yellow(damaged) - you can't CGB a GB if it hits you on a dodge
Red(breaking) - guard will break

5. If it breaks, you will be stunned for a very short time and your enemy can GB you in this time or do a light attack (or similar fast move)

Example:
Assassin class:
Left: 120 -> turns yellow on 72 HP -> turns red 24 HP
Right: 120 -> turns yellow on 72 HP -> turns red 24 HP
Top: 130 -> turns yellow on 78 HP -> turns red 26 HP

I block it. I take 6 chip dmg - and the Blocking side takes 27 dmg. -> after I blocked the Block-HPis: 120-27 = 93(still white).
I block again - 4 chip dmg and 16 block dmg -> Block-HP: 93 - 16 = 76 (still white)

and so on - about the regeneration I am not that sure, how fast it should be and who much it should make, if it stops on certain actions or not
Now i think i'v read well, and it can't be possibile you're idea on this game....Why?
this mecchanis is similar to the mech of Sengoku Basara, when you have to to a lot of attacks to destroy the block, and ehere you can't, beacuse of:
-parry;
-low poll stamina;
-low pool health.
-remove reflex guard fro assasin .
-too low combo attacks, you can have 3/ 4 attacks an this is low.
-give too advantage to offensive, and if guard is removed, you're end is near, so , most of the assasin, to save his life, stay away from fight, untile the block HP is recharged.

BTW it was a good idea after all, increase mecchanics and give more tattics approach of the fight, but problem is the game itself not you or the idea

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Now i think i'v read well, and it can't be possibile you're idea on this game....Why?
this mecchanis is similar to the mech of Sengoku Basara, when you have to to a lot of attacks to destroy the block, and ehere you can't, beacuse of:
-parry;
-low poll stamina;
-low pool health.
-remove reflex guard fro assasin .
-too low combo attacks, you can have 3/ 4 attacks an this is low.
-give too advantage to offensive, and if guard is removed, you're end is near, so , most of the assasin, to save his life, stay away from fight, untile the block HP is recharged.

BTW it was a good idea after all, increase mecchanics and give more tattics approach of the fight, but problem is the game itself not you or the idea

And i do see, that you at all don't understand the point of this idea.

- Like I said, I already have this in mind with a balanced parry

- I don't know what stamina has to do with it, because I specifically made this idea to go easy on stamina, like I explained to high-horse

- this idea is nothing gamebreakinig, you contradict with yourself if you say, that it will be useless because of parry but mention a "low health pool" for heroes in this game.

- at first, there are nearly no combos in this game, they are called chains, but at all I don't get this point at all

- thats exactly the reason why I made this idea up, to give offense an advantage against Blocks, because if block stays like it is now after a def meta patch, it will be still annoying to fight, especially if sup block on light stays.

- and it looks like you are thinking, that the guard will be removed for a long time - with the final blow against a block, your enemy will be open for around 600ms, so you can get a free GB or a light, or similar fast action (and getting a GB with this isn't that easy, the current parry is far more broken than this idea could ever be.

The Probleme isn't the game, because I made this idea up to fit perfectly in the game and to harmonize with the current mechanics,
- like chip dmg and GB
- to stimulate people to use parry more often (if it gets balanced well, and I hope this happens the way, that pure free dmg and GB will be removed)
- but also to give a reason to use heavy attack more often

S0Mi_xD
09-19-2017, 04:52 AM
Now what my idea is, let's add a similar thing into For Honor.
How it works:

1. It counts with attacks, that deal chip dmg, that means...
- all heavy attacks
- attacks like Kenseis dodge attacks (dauntless effect)
- zones

2. Each Guard side has a certain amount of HP (I don't know how much would be good, and if every side should be same or different).
- it should differ between Vanguards, heavies, Assassins, Hybrids.

The numbers are only examples for a possible way to set them
- First stage/condition = from 100% - 75%
- Second State/condition = 75% - 50%
- Third State/condition = 50% - 15%
- Fourth State/condition = 15% - 0%

4. How to visualize it?
- Change colors of the indicators depending on their HP.
- or around the indicator
- or cracks in the indicator

5.1 Consequence of the states/condition of the Block side
- First stage/condition = No GBs are safe on dodge
- Second State/condition = GBs are safe on doge
- Third State/condition = Blocks loose their superior block property (against light attacks)

But their HP is calculated by adding all 3 sides HP together

Consequences of the states are similar to 5.1 (the values of the states could variate here)
- First stage/condition = No GBs are safe on Full Block
- Second State/condition = GBs are safe on Full Block
- Third State/condition = Blocks loose their superior block property

I edited the idea and brought in a new state with a new effect which many players asking for.

matt89connor
09-19-2017, 08:26 AM
And i do see, that you at all don't understand the point of this idea.

- Like I said, I already have this in mind with a balanced parry

- I don't know what stamina has to do with it, because I specifically made this idea to go easy on stamina, like I explained to high-horse

- this idea is nothing gamebreakinig, you contradict with yourself if you say, that it will be useless because of parry but mention a "low health pool" for heroes in this game.

- at first, there are nearly no combos in this game, they are called chains, but at all I don't get this point at all

- thats exactly the reason why I made this idea up, to give offense an advantage against Blocks, because if block stays like it is now after a def meta patch, it will be still annoying to fight, especially if sup block on light stays.

- and it looks like you are thinking, that the guard will be removed for a long time - with the final blow against a block, your enemy will be open for around 600ms, so you can get a free GB or a light, or similar fast action (and getting a GB with this isn't that easy, the current parry is far more broken than this idea could ever be.

The Probleme isn't the game, because I made this idea up to fit perfectly in the game and to harmonize with the current mechanics,
- like chip dmg and GB
- to stimulate people to use parry more often (if it gets balanced well, and I hope this happens the way, that pure free dmg and GB will be removed)
- but also to give a reason to use heavy attack more often

I like, because this stimolate the offensive play,but still, i i'll think is a little unbalance...there heroes who can use chains combo, but others no, they can have max of 2 attacks combo and i have fear this will be create a more "spamfest", so i hope the Dev will watch your idea, because can be good but the game sys need a radical change for accept this great change.

Aarpian
09-19-2017, 01:12 PM

Make blocking cost stamina and make attacking free. There's no reason to gate aggression behind stamina instead of defence.

S0Mi_xD
09-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Make blocking cost stamina and make attacking free. There's no reason to gate aggression behind stamina instead of defence.

That is a way, a simple way - but so simple, that it won't make any difference.

The easiest way is not always the best one.

Devils-_-legacy
09-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Really like the idea but in gank situation this would hinder you more

S0Mi_xD
09-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Really like the idea but in gank situation this would hinder you more

That's right - the impact in 4v4 would be present, I already tried to think of a balance in 4v4 (except feats) and doing in theory isn't that simple.

One way how it could work is, that the Block- is smaller from Opponents who are attacking from the side/behind, and if multiple attacks hit one block the first blocked attack makes original dmg and the following attack only half of it.

But if you think about it, in a 1v4 your chances are small to survive anyway.
A 1v3 would be harder to master, and a 1v2 wouldn't change much.

The problem is - it would make the game harder for players who not that good and would kind of force them to get better in ways of using parries right, or they would leave the game.
But other than this, they would leave anyway, because the current situation isn't that different as it would be.

The idea isn't perfect and would still needed to be adapted to the pace of the game.

matt89connor
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM
That's right - the impact in 4v4 would be present, I already tried to think of a balance in 4v4 (except feats) and doing in theory isn't that simple.

One way how it could work is, that the Block- is smaller from Opponents who are attacking from the side/behind, and if multiple attacks hit one block the first blocked attack makes original dmg and the following attack only half of it.

But if you think about it, in a 1v4 your chances are small to survive anyway.
A 1v3 would be harder to master, and a 1v2 wouldn't change much.

The problem is - it would make the game harder for players who not that good and would kind of force them to get better in ways of using parries right, or they would leave the game.
But other than this, they would leave anyway, because the current situation isn't that different as it would be.

The idea isn't perfect and would still needed to be adapted to the pace of the game.

maybe the "Real GB" should be only for the 1v1 and 2v2..i know this can be stupid, but 4v4 and 1v1 are too different in terms of playstyle, so maybe can be a mecchanic change for oonly 1 of this