PDA

View Full Version : Faction War BS

thornh
09-12-2017, 11:33 PM
With one hour left in round 2 of season 3 there is absolutely nothing ubi can say or do to convince me this is not rigged. There is no math or data that can explain how the vikings have lost 6 or more territories in rounds 56 and 57 while deploying the largest percentage of assets (by far) and having the smallest population. It is not possible by any math that makes sense. A knight victory in season 3 was always guaranteed in my opinion and this round really makes that obvious.

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Not being contrary for the sake of it, but it kind of does check out if you remember the end of the first round. The knights were in a similar position and they lost every territory they were contesting without exception, the difference being that in round one the samurai were in their recovery boost phase and you had no chance of making ground on them whereas we are holding three against them and taking a further three off them. In terms of the percentages, it is probably about 5-8% difference between faction numbers and 2.1% assert difference, it was a lot more earlier in the turn back when one knight territory would have had us on equal numbers. I am guessing that asset percentage is also part of what is balanced by that 5-8% so what we are seeing is the final combination (don't know if that is true, just what makes most sense to me given assets are weighted by that percentage).

I honestly don't think it is rigged, I didn't when we didn't win a round, I didn't when we got pipped at the post, I don't now, but I do think as I have felt since the end of the last season that a lot more transparency is needed (and preferably the recovery boost having less effect, that felt cheap to be slaughtered and still win). I am guessing the knights are not going to win the next two rounds unless the second to last turn puts them mathematically beyond losing simply because both factions will know that will be ballgame, if they are smart they will have all efforts against the knights in the last turns.

On another note now the round is over looking at the round percentage, knights have come out swinging in terms of assets, we have always been a good way behind, we would have won the round on a tiebreak by 0.3%

UbiJurassic
09-13-2017, 12:37 AM
While I've been rooting for the Knights to win since Season 1 (believe in the dream my boys!), the Vikings continually have a strong presence in the war and the Samurai have been the source of many an upset. Believe what you'd like, but the Faction War is not rigged. It's a wild roller coaster of players fighting for domination.

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 12:45 AM
While I've been rooting for the Knights to win since Season 1 (believe in the dream my boys!), the Vikings continually have a strong presence in the war and the Samurai have been the source of many an upset. Believe what you'd like, but the Faction War is not rigged. It's a wild roller coaster of players fighting for domination.

Add in that I would bet the knights who did not leave the game or faction after season two and care about the faction war (people say they don't but look at the blow up there was at the end of last season) are pretty much more determined. Speaking only for myself I have played more games (I've picked up 17 rep levels this season already, you can call five of them down to the grind I did on the double xp weekend, that would still be 12, by the end of this season i will probably have doubled my tally before it) and while the war banner has helped I am making sure that it is in a hotly contested territory every few games.

Varangian_Wolf
09-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Yeah. No. Sorry Ubi, but in this case I'm siding with the OP.
I run stats for a living and I don't see your numbers matching up with what I see going on in the map consistently.... its always a, "close but not quite" score when the week is done. You guys are forcing it.
There is no math here that makes sense.

CandlInTheDark here is persistent in his opinion that population on factions doesn't matter while he trolls around on posts all day trying to argue for the knights at every chance... its gotten old kid. Face facts, your faction has the most broken heroes, constantly gets dev love, and things this past cycle DONT add up to a W for the knights..... it doesn't make sense on any level after watching the map movement.
Hell, Knights were down for almost 2.5 days of the last 3.... today, it was even..... so NO. This doesn't make sense.

It is HUGELY apparent population SERIOUSLY matters and is in favor of the knights though. I can tell you this from the fact that at ANY given time when playing, there is at least 2 knights for every Viking and samurai in a match..

For the duration of this past cycle of the season I have been able to be off from work and on vacation. The Viking faction, I have been a part of since season one. NOTHING HERE makes sense.

I am averaging 8 hours a day on faction war map and I watch the map go back and forth all day long.

There are not only cycles of population which are stronger during the various parts of the day, but with the results for the season week you just showed; you guys are doing something wrong in your algorithm.

Whatever your process, there is only two conclusions at this point:

1. The knights are crushing everyone in population because For Honor has consistently brought out broken heroes and have not nerfed knight faction heroes as hard as others. As well creating a better looking armor and hero set look for the knights; which in turn makes them more popular and easier to recruit to from other friends....
I saw 3 people recruited to knights last night out of a group I play with, and I tried to get them to join Vikings; they don't because, "Knights look better". and "Their friends play on knights".... ITS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!!!!

OR/AND

2. Or your process for calculating results is flawed.

Either way this sucks.
Honestly, what is the point of even trying if we constantly are going to be crushed by the faction that gets more love than any other.
Its even apparent in your OVERNERFING of classes in Viking and Samurai during the past 5 weeks.
If we don't have the ability to win ever, and one faction will simply dominate, then why bother playing it at all....

It is CONSISTENTLY disappointing, week after week to put this much time and effort and hope into just to watch one faction crush us day after day.
And what some players, including myself are starting to realize is that there is little to NO payoff for playing faction war as the losers. And knights are going to keep winning from here on out.
Players could easily invest less time in another game, with a CHANCE to win more often and get rewarded properly for efforts. Not have to watch one faction get much more love and support and take wins each cycle just for kicks...

I predict a clean sweep by the knights every cycle this season, possibly with the allowance of a ONE week win from another faction just so For Honor can say they didn't rig it. But without transparency in how they are actually getting their numbers.
The map and the numbers DONT add up; and make it so every player is wasting his time playing the faction war to try and make a difference.

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 01:19 AM
CandlInTheDark here is persistent in his opinion that population on factions doesn't matter while he trolls around on posts all day trying to argue for the knights at every chance... its gotten old kid. Face facts, your faction has the most broken heroes, constantly gets dev love, and things this past cycle DONT add up to a W for the knights..... it doesn't make sense on any level after watching the map movement.

That is actually pretty amusing, let's look at my views on the knights.

Peacekeeper, my main, I have said since day one her lights need nerfing and have made posts on here and reddit to that effect pretty constantly.

Warden, never said much about him,did say that I think that the nerf to his guardbreak on reaction was a good thing.

Conqueror, never said anything on him.

Lawbringer, never said anything on him, also never played as him.

Gladiator, I have said my experience with him is I beat him so eh,also never played as him, might do but got other stuff I want to do first.

Centurion, I have said since day one his crowd control needs fixing 4v4 but 1v1 I beat him as often as I lose, also never played as him.

So eh, I want my own main nerfed or reworked (at this point I would take an overnerf if it got joke streamers who spam lights so they can win and keep views off her), no opinion on two of them,thought a nerf was good on one, think one needs fixing 4v4 without making him trash tier 1v1 and not had much experience with the newest, nice trolling though.

Let's go a step further, you want to call me on defending the knights like I want them to stay above everyone else. Firstly, in a general sense, other than my own main I have never called for nerfs on anything, I have always said that I would prefer ubisoft buff rather than nerf. In a more specific sense, when people were saying shinobi is op because people were good with him day one, I was one of the people saying that there was little in his control scheme that was new to get used to so of course anyone who spent time practising with him was good. I have always said on here that I find the warlord head butt dodgeable and I said the same about raider's stampede charge, just for the record, never played raider or warlord so I had no personal reason to say that. Said the same about shinobi's kick if people read the first dodge towards or to the side of them as either an attack or kick is coming off a second dodge because they can't do anything off of one.

By the by, people in the knight faction don't only play knights, the other factions are open to them too, like yeah I have three knights in legendary armour, also one viking, one samurai and working up another viking and samurai, so currently I play more non-knights than I do knights, people in other factions have the same option, the knight characters are not locked for them so pretty sure that has negligible effect on faction percentage. But yeah overall if the devs have constantly said that assets are weighted by population percentages then yeah I believe that. Samurai currently have the highest population, see where they were in the results of this round.

As to turns on the last day, that is a common thing, it is part of the boost factions get for losing, only the last few turns really matter and the devs acknowledged that at Pax panel. it has been a long time complaint through here and reddit, the last three days have pretty much as much effect as the ten before them if one faction sweeps the board on the last day, happened to the samurai round five last season, knights had an overwhelming lead the night before and lost sixteen territories over two turns, seen it benefit and kick out at all the factions over the past seasons.

Varangian_Wolf
09-13-2017, 01:20 AM
And why is a Ubi moderator responding to just interject random generalized support for the game.... there is nothing in that post that gives any level of transparency to the way you keep giving W's to the Knights... Nor are you helping Ubi's cause in this numbers fiasco they are throwing at us.

You just basically gave us a play by play like it was football game, " Welp, Vikings show strong presence, samurai holding up, but knights come out on top!!! GG guys (lineup for the high five. Give out the participation trophies! You guys did good... seriously, keep it up. Next time, next time...." This is bull!!

How bout you link us the mathematics you are using, and stats for the past two weeks on this game so we can run the numbers and see if they add up. I can run it over an excel here in a few hours and see if I come up with the same digits....

This is a rigged waste of time. Whats the point.... welcome to the losers circle again, the crew that has less population, gets less creative work, gets nerfed harder....

TheNinefingers
09-13-2017, 01:22 AM
All i want to know is why there even are boosts in the faction war? The randomization of who gets a boost at the end of a round is complete crap. What's wrong with simply letting the players and our war assets decide the fate of the war?

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 01:28 AM
All i want to know is why there even are boosts in the faction war? The randomization of who gets a boost at the end of a round is complete crap. What's wrong with simply letting the players and our war assets decide the fate of the war?

Yeah I dislike it as a whole, there is already a natural rubber banding, we saw the graph they had on asset allocation throughout the day, knights are constantly middle ground, vikings do well in the early UTC hours sucky late and samurai it is reversed, it doesn't need an extra boost in my view.

Helnekromancer
09-13-2017, 01:41 AM
Eh, at this point who wins the faction war is the least of my concerns. Just gives the Knights there W everyone has won a seeason already. So when the new defensive meta comes out in Season 4 everyone is on equal grounds even though one faction has way better characters than others.

xRocketfishx
09-13-2017, 02:05 AM
What's BS about the faction war is that on the second last turn Viking's still want to attack instead of focusing solely on defending. It's not hard to do math. Then even on the last turn why not attack some more instead of hold all territories and get a simple win.....oh no got to attack attack attack. For those Vikings that can't figure it out that defense wins the war when we hold 37 territories you lost the round for us yet again making it 5 or 6 times causing us to get 3rd last season and losing the first two rounds this season. Give yourselves a big pat on the back * cough cough*

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 02:13 AM
What's BS about the faction war is that on the second last turn Viking's still want to attack instead of focusing solely on defending. It's not hard to do math. Then even on the last turn why not attack some more instead of hold all territories and get a simple win.....oh no got to attack attack attack. For those Vikings that can't figure it out that defense wins the war when we hold 37 territories you lost the round for us yet again making it 5 or 6 times causing us to get 3rd last season and losing the first two rounds this season. Give yourselves a big pat on the back * cough cough*

That isn't unique to the vikings I am afraid. Taking the last round of season two as an example again, knights were attacking the vikings, making fights against the samurai a lot closer, when the only chance we had of winning was if the vikings held more territories than the samurai. I do agree that 37 would have been unassailable if they had focussed on holding their own border though they tend to do worse at that time of the day in general.

We.the.North
09-13-2017, 02:36 AM
I just wish there was an individual goal to faction war. Right now, it feels like casting a vote on election day. You all know how super important we believe that 1 vote is in the global outcome and we're all super mega happy to take the time to go vote.

It's our civic duty, but duty is still duty. And For Honor is a game, thus why do we have element that feels like "duty".

Hehe ... duty.

brashtralas
09-13-2017, 04:27 AM
I might be convinced that it's rigged if the knights now lose two in a row only to gain a very close victory in the final round. That just looks too cinematic to me.

Soul_of_Midgard
09-13-2017, 09:19 AM
This is nothing personal against any player who is part of the knight faction, but i have to agree that the knight's are, in a sense, Ubisoft's golden boys/girls. Not only did the knight faction receive two hero's in a row, season 2 with centurion and now with the gladiator, Ubisoft also buffed the Lawbringer into heaven, while the centurion is by far the most hated character in this game because of his movekit, WHICH IS broken to an extend.

Let's face it, as long as the centurion did not exist, one of the most hated characters was the peacekeeper, not to mention the warden with his cancelable shoulder bash mixups.

As for the gladiator, yes, i think that this class is made well, but here it is again, best zone attack in the game, at least in my book and... it's again a knight class. By all fairness, i'm a viking member and always will be, i know that the warlord class was annoying as f.u.c.k, but the recent nerf to him was completely BS!

Some say that the raider is now OP as f.u.c.k - i don't know, but compared with the knight faction.....no words for it.

As for the outcome for round 2, i'm just speechless, i also think that any kind of boost is not necessary and this mystery (at least for me it's a mystery) with those automatic disadvantages after you gained territories, is beyond my logic. Maybe i don't understand it, but until it get's clarified, i think it's another big BS

Ulrichvonbek111
09-13-2017, 09:22 AM
This is all more than rigged.
The whole scenario is rotten to the core and is eating up too much valuable time.
In season 2 we heard how wonderful and so much better the Faction War reward was going to be ONLY for it to turn out to be an embarrassing disappointment on your behalf.
An ill thought out concept of a reward that has caused people to not even bother about deploying assets strategically especially from one certain faction.
Now several weeks and go only last week too we have been told that the reward is now going to be a vast improvement on the last Wars reward..
REALLY
So it seems that with further evidence season 2 winners have been s.h.a.t. on from a great height.
YES I've mentioned this many times.
YES You messed up and yet again have made a bad call.
The arrogant and flippant statement that was given by Bio on Warriors Den on why season 2 reward was what it was only disheartened many players and was perceived as a derogatory slap in the face..
YES I shall keep bringing this up because I care..
I CARE..

My.Insanity
09-13-2017, 10:15 AM
from Seasons 1 where were told that they are working on the Faction War to make it "new" and "better"... now 2 seasons later all we got is a god damn War Banner which reduces the interaction with the Faction War to a minimum...

The boost your Faction get when losing is so overwhelming that no matter how many players put in their Assets it doesnt matter at all.. and since each round can simply won just by the last day of the 14 days is so f**king bad. The Faction should win which had the most territories in the whole round not at the end of the round.. this is the solution we always wanted but it looks like its TOO HARD for a Globel Company like Ubisoft.

Xaviloga
09-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Season 1 -> Vikings win. Knights & Samurais get new heroes.

Season 2 -> Samurais win. Knights & Vikings get new heroes.

Season 3 -> Knights win. Samurais & Vikings get new heroes.

...and everyone happy...

Hard not to be suspicious. That is not a thing that happen usually.

T00Young.2.Die
09-13-2017, 12:07 PM
This is mine and 3 friends answer on that:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1745752-BOYCOTT-THE-FRACTION-WAR-Bio-please-read-as-it-is-your-main-project?p=12920793#post12920793

The_B0G_
09-13-2017, 12:30 PM
This is nothing personal against any player who is part of the knight faction, but i have to agree that the knight's are, in a sense, Ubisoft's golden boys/girls. Not only did the knight faction receive two hero's in a row, season 2 with centurion and now with the gladiator, Ubisoft also buffed the Lawbringer into heaven, while the centurion is by far the most hated character in this game because of his movekit, WHICH IS broken to an extend.

Let's face it, as long as the centurion did not exist, one of the most hated characters was the peacekeeper, not to mention the warden with his cancelable shoulder bash mixups.

As for the gladiator, yes, i think that this class is made well, but here it is again, best zone attack in the game, at least in my book and... it's again a knight class. By all fairness, i'm a viking member and always will be, i know that the warlord class was annoying as f.u.c.k, but the recent nerf to him was completely BS!

Some say that the raider is now OP as f.u.c.k - i don't know, but compared with the knight faction.....no words for it.

As for the outcome for round 2, i'm just speechless, i also think that any kind of boost is not necessary and this mystery (at least for me it's a mystery) with those automatic disadvantages after you gained territories, is beyond my logic. Maybe i don't understand it, but until it get's clarified, i think it's another big BS

Faction classes have ZERO to do with faction war. I'm Knight faction, have been since the beta, how can you say knight faction is favored when we didn't win a single round in season 1? We lost season 2 on a tie breaker. Samurai have the largest player base as well, not Knights.

Also one faction had to recieve 2 heroes in a row, why not have the faction that lost the first two rounds get it?

As far as the boosts when your faction is down goes, I agree, they are way too big and they aren't always fair, but it works the same with all factions. Last season the Knights were up to 31 territories the last day and went down to 18 territories in one round because of this mechanic, then a couple rounds later the Samurai had 31 territories and went down to 21 and ended up winning the season.

Knights are not favored, the way you win rounds in Faction war right now is just luck of the draw, Faction War is pure luck. If there is 2-3 rounds left and you're at 30-31 territories, you've already lost the round, whoever is in last at that point is probably going to win.

There needs to be huge changes to Faction war before it can ever be taken seriously. One thing is for sure, this losing buff needs to be toned WAY down. Season 2 when Knights had 31 territories in the last round with 3 turns left, every territory besides 2 had a -%30 disadvantage at the start of the next turn, that's impossible to come back from. Both sides fought over the only 2 territories that were %50-%49 and it just kept going back and forth until the timer ran out.

Lyskir
09-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Faction classes have ZERO to do with faction war. I'm Knight faction, have been since the beta, how can you say knight faction is favored when we didn't win a single round in season 1? We lost season 2 on a tie breaker. Samurai have the largest player base as well, not Knights.

Also one faction had to recieve 2 heroes in a row, why not have the faction that lost the first two rounds get it?

As far as the boosts when your faction is down goes, I agree, they are way too big and they aren't always fair, but it works the same with all factions. Last season the Knights were up to 31 territories the last day and went down to 18 territories in one round because of this mechanic, then a couple rounds later the Samurai had 31 territories and went down to 21 and ended up winning the season.

Knights are not favored, the way you win rounds in Faction war right now is just luck of the draw, Faction War is pure luck. If there is 2-3 rounds left and you're at 30-31 territories, you've already lost the round, whoever is in last at that point is probably going to win.

There needs to be huge changes to Faction war before it can ever be taken seriously. One thing is for sure, this losing buff needs to be toned WAY down. Season 2 when Knights had 31 territories in the last round with 3 turns left, every territory besides 2 had a -%30 disadvantage at the start of the next turn, that's impossible to come back from. Both sides fought over the only 2 territories that were %50-%49 and it just kept going back and forth until the timer ran out.

this

Soul_of_Midgard
09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Like i wrote in my post, it's nothing personal against the knight players. It's just the way things happened over time that make many people believe, the knights are in any kind of way favourized. And yes, you are right, any faction could have received two hero's in a row, but it was the knight faction.

But anyway, since i completely don't understand this boost/disadvantage BS after any map update, i don't care about faction war until this get's a complete rework with clarification.

Malyngo
09-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Is there a writeup somewhere that explains this boost stuff?

From what I see each time I log in, it seems that whoever has won the most last time, will probably be more on the losing end. Like there is some intentional rubbber band effect in place, that makes it that the last placed faction has it easier to move forward, while the best faction will have it harder to stay on top.

Which probably makes sense, to not have one faction just stomp away. On the other hand, rubber banding is something I totally hate in racing games, where the AI will just rubberband behind you. This means that every driving mistake near the finish line is a disaster.

In the faction war, if there is such rubber banding, it means that the final hours before the end of a term are the most crucial. If you then have people that login exactly for that and do stuff, they can have a huge impact.

Can anyone point me to some writeup that explains the whole mechanics behind the faction war?

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 01:54 PM

From what I see each time I log in, it seems that whoever has won the most last time, will probably be more on the losing end. Like there is some intentional rubbber band effect in place, that makes it that the last placed faction has it easier to move forward, while the best faction will have it harder to stay on top.

Which probably makes sense, to not have one faction just stomp away. On the other hand, rubber banding is something I totally hate in racing games, where the AI will just rubberband behind you. This means that every driving mistake near the finish line is a disaster.

In the faction war, if there is such rubber banding, it means that the final hours before the end of a term are the most crucial. If you then have people that login exactly for that and do stuff, they can have a huge impact.

Can anyone point me to some writeup that explains the whole mechanics behind the faction war?

I don't know of any writeup, just what I have seen and one piece I have heard on the den that works alongside it.

There is already a natural rubber band effect, we were shown a graph of asset allocation between the three factions. This is a very simplified way of putting it but on a scale of 1-3 (lowest to highest, not rank), early utc we have vikings 3 knights 2 samurai 1, late utc we have vikings 1 knights 2 samurai 3. So knights are at a constant and the vikings and samurai peak and trough.

On top of that is the boost effect. I don't know how it goes but if a faction has been losing heavily, they will have a 66-33% advantage on a bunch of territories. So take the samurai on a day they get the boost, they get hammered all day when they are low and then when they are catching up, the boost kicks in just in time for their prime asset allocation time and steamroll the map, vikings could have the same, knights will also get the boost at times but there is always someone doing better and worse than them without it so unless it hits the time the factions are closer together it probably isn't as effective for them (that is speculation though).

People are making a lot out of the vikings losing territory all over yesterday, here is the thing though, last day of the second season, knights started with 31 and went down to 18 over two turns, numerically we could not win the round by territories. First round of this season knights were in the same position the vikings were, we lost every contested territory, the difference was the samurai had been pushed so far back by the vikings they got the recovery boost and the vikings couldn't take any additional territories to overtake us whereas second round the knights held three territories off the samurai and took three more, that is six territories in a situation we won by four, the boost not kicking in for them was the difference, so it happens to everyone on the last day. The boost makes it very much seem the luck of the draw and yeah that is something I have called BS on more than once. I hold to my belief it isn't rigged, but I will say that the boost and the lack of transparency in places don't help the devs quash those conspiracy theories.In reality, and they acknowledged at pax they need to fix this, unless it comes to a tie on asset allocation only the last three or four turns matter and you don't want to be leading with three or four to go and that is something they need to fix as soon as possible or these conspiracy theories will keep dogging them.

The_B0G_
09-13-2017, 01:56 PM

I'm not sure that write up exists, they tend to give out the most info about faction war when they explain to all the pissed off players at the end of each season why they lost lol so you could look that up on youtube for post season 1 and 2 Warriors Den.

thornh
09-13-2017, 01:58 PM
I am not suggesting a boycott or blackout or whiteout or anything like that but I would love if the all factions came together and just tried to do the following:

-Pick a day early in a Round because it is known that the early days really don't matter as much.
-Every player of every Faction use their War Banner and pick ONE defensive territory to place it on for the entire day.
-See what happens on the whole map for that day.

In theory, all territories should stay 50-50 all day and the War Banner defended territories should be 100-0. There should be no territories gained or lost. Asset deployment will still vary but the map should stay static. Getting every single player to agree to do this would not be possible but it would be very interesting to see if we can get enough people to keep the map relatively static for a day.

I am not happy that I used the word "rigged" again in this thread. I want to truly believe it is not. I will say that Faction War is MASSIVELY FLAWED and we, the players, have no way to prove or disprove the numbers we are given.

The last three turns of Round 2 went like this:

End of Turn 55 - K (24+2) (33.1%), V (32+6) (33.5%), S (22-8) (33.4%)
End of Turn 56 - K (25+1) (32.6%), V (39-6) (35.5%), S (14+5) (31.9%)
End of Turn 57 - K (26+7) (32.9%), V (33-4) (34.8%), S (19-3) (32.3%)

In the last two turns the Knights gained 8 territories with an average of 32.75% assets deployed. The Samurai gained 2 territories with an average of 32.1% assets deployed. The Vikings lost 10 territories with an average of 35.15% assets deployed. I can only scratch my head and say "Wow!"

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 02:11 PM
I am not suggesting a boycott or blackout or whiteout or anything like that but I would love if the all factions came together and just tried to do the following:

-Pick a day early in a Round because it is known that the early days really don't matter as much.
-Every player of every Faction use their War Banner and pick ONE defensive territory to place it on for the entire day.
-See what happens on the whole map for that day.

In theory, all territories should stay 50-50 all day and the War Banner defended territories should be 100-0. There should be no territories gained or lost. Asset deployment will still vary but the map should stay static. Getting every single player to agree to do this would not be possible but it would be very interesting to see if we can get enough people to keep the map relatively static for a day.

I am not happy that I used the word "rigged" again in this thread. I want to truly believe it is not. I will say that Faction War is MASSIVELY FLAWED and we, the players, have no way to prove or disprove the numbers we are given.

The last three turns of Round 2 went like this:

End of Turn 55 - K (24+2) (33.1%), V (32+6) (33.5%), S (22-8) (33.4%)
End of Turn 56 - K (25+1) (32.6%), V (39-6) (35.5%), S (14+5) (31.9%)
End of Turn 57 - K (26+7) (32.9%), V (33-4) (34.8%), S (19-3) (32.3%)

In the last two turns the Knights gained 8 territories with an average of 32.75% assets deployed. The Samurai gained 2 territories with an average of 32.1% assets deployed. The Vikings lost 10 territories with an average of 35.15% assets deployed. I can only scratch my head and say "Wow!"

Massively flawed I definitely do get behind, I can't remember seeing it happen to the samurai (probably has, I missed two rounds last season and they were in the mix first season as well), I have definitely seen exactly that happen to both the knights and the vikings more than once.

Vakris_One
09-13-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't beleive it's rigged, just very badly implemented and with zero transparency or communication to the players.

You'd think that over 3 Seasons they would address this lack of transparency but no. Therefore we get conspiracy theories, some of them actually quite plausible because none of us know how it really works. All we know is what we see and often times we see stuff that doesn't make logical sense, which then forces us to guess why these things happen. The only time the person in charge, Bio, has talked about the Faction War was when she made a series of gaffs and pissed off everyone who had an interest in the end of the Seadon 2 FW.

And even then her statements were laced with barely concealed passive agression towards the very justified criticisms and feedback that the community was giving her. That kind of attitude only works when you haven't just royally f****d up in your duties. And so here we are. We still don't know much about the hidden mechanics in play in the Faction War and the person in charge of it is too defensive and cynical to foster a healthy line of communication with the community.

thornh
09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Massively flawed I definitely do get behind, I can't remember seeing it happen to the samurai (probably has, I missed tow rounds last season and they were in the mix first season as well), I have definitely seen exactly that happen to both the knights and the vikings more than once.

Yes, I just happen to be a Viking but I want to make it very clear that this stuff happens to ALL factions. When the Vikings had no shot at winning Season 2 I was all on board hoping the Knights would win to disprove the whole new hero conspiracy theory. But the Samurai "dramatically" won based on assets deployed at the last second. By the same token we Vikings "dramatically" won Season 1 at the very last second. Now, I am kind of hoping the Knights win the next round so we are done with this. If it goes to 5 rounds again and the Knights pull it out at the last second it is going to be a mess.

thornh
09-13-2017, 02:41 PM
...and the Knights "dramatically" won the Open Beta when the Beta ended before the current round ended and it all reverted back to the last turn. Vikings were leading with 24 territories at the time yet the Knights were given the victory...

CrunaCross
09-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Of course it's rigged. The release of 2 characters after each season, giving to the loser side the new characters while the winner gets the ornaments and whatever was always the plan. Now only viking and Samurai character is next. Which made a sure win for those who had the brains to switch to the knight side before the start of the season. I mean I don't know how more obvious could it be

Xaviloga
09-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Of course it's rigged. The release of 2 characters after each season, giving to the loser side the new characters while the winner gets the ornaments and whatever was always the plan. Now only viking and Samurai character is next. Which made a sure win for those who had the brains to switch to the knight side before the start of the season. I mean I don't know how more obvious could it be

Plus all the seasons are decided at the very last second... woah!

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Yes, I just happen to be a Viking but I want to make it very clear that this stuff happens to ALL factions. When the Vikings had no shot at winning Season 2 I was all on board hoping the Knights would win to disprove the whole new hero conspiracy theory. But the Samurai "dramatically" won based on assets deployed at the last second. By the same token we Vikings "dramatically" won Season 1 at the very last second. Now, I am kind of hoping the Knights win the next round so we are done with this. If it goes to 5 rounds again and the Knights pull it out at the last second it is going to be a mess.

Yeah I remember you saying that. the thing with the assets was we saw the wrong number,only the turn percentages, we needed to see the round ones. I have been online all day the last day of both the last two rounds, it has all swung on the boost activating or not for the samurai, it could have easily been 1-1 or 2-0 to the vikings and honestly that the boost had such a big impact makes it feel cheap to be on both sides of it (having been on the losing side because of it season 2).

One other thing I do want to address from earlier posts in this thread is the knights have more players (even though the samurai do but eh) because they have broken characters thing. Here is the thing, yes my main is peacekeeper, I could still be Samurai or Viking, but people have deeper reasons for preferences, Damien, I think it was, said a lot of his upbringing he watched samurai stuff, I have seen people on here say they can trace their family back to Vikings. For me, I have handwaved it away before and I originally joined a faction because my brother had, want to know why I haven't switched in the off season though? (I was tempted, mind you,my emblem is circular, the viking shape would fit better). I live in England, want to know what I saw about the samurai before this game? I played Samurai Warriors 2 once, that is literally it, unless you count watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Want to know what I was exposed to of the Vikings? Primary school history on how the Vikings invaded us and a brave king and his men repelled them. When I was a kid, a long time ago, here are the movies, books and cartoons I was exposed to, Ivanhoe (knight), Zorro (sword fighting) Scarlet Pimpernel (more sword fighting) Sharpe (swords and guns, English army so sort of knights or descendants of them) Three Musketeers (french knights) Robin Hood (was a knight in the crusades before he came home and was, well, Robin Hood as opposed to Robin of Locksley) King Arthur (and his knights). Play fighting that wasn't cowboys and indians, when I was a kid, was with imaginary swords or if we were very lucky with sticks, I was raised christian (hey, hello Knights Templar, though looking into the Pagan stuff a lot of holidays went over and being less than devout now I could as easily have gone viking if it was just that).

Point being when I was a child if I had two friends and we chose to play swordfight, if one of us was a Viking, one a Samurai, one a Knight, you can guess which I would have been. I would bet I am far from the only one to pick a faction because of my upbringing.

thornh
09-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah I remember you saying that. the thing with the assets was we saw the wrong number,only the turn percentages, we needed to see the round ones. I have been online all day the last day of both the last two rounds, it has all swung on the boost activating or not for the samurai, it could have easily been 1-1 or 2-0 to the vikings and honestly that the boost had such a big impact makes it feel cheap to be on both sides of it (having been on the losing side because of it season 2).

One other thing I do want to address from earlier posts in this thread is the knights have more players (even though the samurai do but eh) because they have broken characters thing. Here is the thing, yes my main is peacekeeper, I could still be Samurai or Viking, but people have deeper reasons for preferences, Damien, I think it was, said a lot of his upbringing he watched samurai stuff, I have seen people on here say they can trace their family back to Vikings. For me, I have handwaved it away before and I originally joined a faction because my brother had, want to know why I haven't switched in the off season though? (I was tempted, mind you,my emblem is circular, the viking shape would fit better). I live in England, want to know what I saw about the samurai before this game? I played Samurai Warriors 2 once, that is literally it, unless you count watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Want to know what I was exposed to of the Vikings? Primary school history on how the Vikings invaded us and a brave king and his men repelled them. When I was a kid, a long time ago, here are the movies, books and cartoons I was exposed to, Ivanhoe (knight), Zorro (sword fighting) Scarlet Pimpernel (more swordfighting) Sharpe (swords and guns, English army so sort of knights or descendants of them) Three Musketeers (french knights) Robin Hood (was a knight in the crusades before he came home and was, well, Robin Hood as opposed to Robin of Locksley) King Author (and his knights). Play fighting that wasn't cowboys and indians, when I was a kid, was with imaginary swords or if we were very lucky with sticks, I was raised christian (hey, hello Knights Templar, though looking into the Pagan stuff a lot of holidays went over and being less than devout now I could as easily have gone viking if it was just that).

Point being when I was a child if I had two friends and we chose to play swordfight, if one of us was a Viking, one a Samurai, one a Knight, you can guess which I would have been. I would bet I am far from the only one to pick a faction because of my upbringing.

I definitely am a Viking in the game because of my heritage and spirituality, etc. but it's still just a game and I love playing as almost all of the characters. Currently I'm an overall Rep 62 but my highest individual character Rep is 12. All characters are Rep 1 or higher with the exception of the poor Nobushi. I'm a Viking but I like Dominion the most and my preference is to capture and hold zones. To me Conqueror and Lawbringer are the best characters to do that so I will definitely play as them often. I have gotten Centurion to Rep 5+ but he most certainly needs to be nerfed. I really like Gladiator too. But I will always be with the Viking faction and the Viking heroes will always be my most played. All are Rep 7+ with the Highlander approaching Rep 5. Faction War bothers me so much because it just does not make sense no matter how hard they try to explain it.

CandleInTheDark
09-13-2017, 03:49 PM
I definitely am a Viking in the game because of my heritage and spirituality, etc. but it's still just a game and I love playing as almost all of the characters. Currently I'm an overall Rep 62 but my highest individual character Rep is 12. All characters are Rep 1 or higher with the exception of the poor Nobushi. I'm a Viking but I like Dominion the most and my preference is to capture and hold zones. To me Conqueror and Lawbringer are the best characters to do that so I will definitely play as them often. I have gotten Centurion to Rep 5+ but he most certainly needs to be nerfed. I really like Gladiator too. But I will always be with the Viking faction and the Viking heroes will always be my most played. All are Rep 7+ with the Highlander approaching Rep 5. Faction War bothers me so much because it just does not make sense no matter how hard they try to explain it.

Yeah I am a PUG dominion player so I learned after getting my peacekeeper to rep 7 that I need other characters. Currently in legendary gear I have peacekeeper (my main, go kill hunting with high dps) nobushi (clear soldier zone and she is my second favourite) warden (um...I like him and he can do a little of everything,though most of which my others cover one of better) conqueror (hold and boost zone) and valkyrie (disrupting attack chains against my allies). now I have covered what I feel is necessary, I left behind shinobi and berserker when I brought valk and conq in so they are getting up there, I want to play gladiator, if the leaks for season 4 are right, and they are 4 for 4 right now, I want to see how Huntress works with the sword and axe and I have said a lot over how I feel the orochi kit should be used without having played him so I should put my money where my mouth is (also I like assassins and assuming ronin isn't a straight assassin, again supposing leaks are right, I will have all the others up there). Assuming no other characters, I will likely then level peacekeeper to 40 and keep at least four others in top gear if there are more released. So yeah three out of seven I currently play are knights and will possibly go to four out of ten.

And yeah I feel you on faction war, I will say all day that it isn't rigged, I honestly believe that, but I will also say there is a lot that needs fixing.

RatedChaotic
09-13-2017, 04:39 PM
They been saying for months its not rigged. Even poke fun at that conspiracy. But yet they never try to prove the conspiracy is false. They just laugh it off.

I would throw out the numbers and procedures to prove that its not rigged/broken. Yet Ubi hasnt.......Why? 3 reasons why......

1. Players good at math will figure the numbers dont add up and its a broken system
2. ".................................................. .................................................. . " rigged system
3.. Both 1&2

The_B0G_
09-13-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm Knight faction and most of this season I've played Kensei and the other character I used was Highlander... it makes no difference who you pick. Theres no bonus for using your own factions heroes. So it makes no difference in the faction war that Knights seem to have the best line up at the moment.

Dude_of_Valor
09-14-2017, 12:24 PM
With one hour left in round 2 of season 3 there is absolutely nothing ubi can say or do to convince me this is not rigged. There is no math or data that can explain how the vikings have lost 6 or more territories in rounds 56 and 57 while deploying the largest percentage of assets (by far) and having the smallest population. It is not possible by any math that makes sense. A knight victory in season 3 was always guaranteed in my opinion and this round really makes that obvious.

If everyone just attacked the same region, then you win that (with massive percentages) but loose the other territories. All I say is come Knights, time we actually did something!

DrinkinMyStella
09-14-2017, 12:32 PM
if it is rigged and its the knights turn to win then please give us some really good rewards not just generic ornament :)

DAC.CaSs
09-14-2017, 01:33 PM

Im with this guy too . way too obvious that the knights gonna win . Let's put it this way :

-Early season 1 , 2 chars was leaked . 1 for knights 1 for samurais = vikings win season 1
-Early season 2 other 2 chars leaked . 1 for knights 1 for vikings = samurais win season 2
-End of season 2 begin of seasons 3 every one know that the last 2 chars will be 1 for vikings 1 for samurai = knight will win .

Pls ubi try harder .

SenBotsu893
09-14-2017, 01:36 PM
the faction war is not rigged simply because there is no need to do so. (think of it from the business perspective: you would need to actually pay someones workinghours to match an ingame system that runs on it own)

BUT

the player base has no invluence of the outcome of the faction war. all the players cant win against the algorythm behind the moving territories.
the faction with the bonus points will simply outmatch everything else. and it basically boils down to dumb luck wich faction had the bonus in the last turn.

if theoretically all players stoped playing and would not generate any war assets the territories would still bounce back and forth.