PDA

View Full Version : Chat is bad

Sourcelink
09-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Hi Ubisoft.

I DONT know anymore if PPL read my CHAT to them. some have x over their chat bubbles.

So when i meet a Noob (sorry) and i try to tell them what to learn, i dont think they can hear it.

Plz ubisoft, this is stupid.

just make a chat ALL that ALL can hear always. and if they DONT WANT TO, let em CHANGE:

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 09:10 PM
F9 is an asinine key, and the default setting of "Group" is perplexing as well. The default should be "Team," if not "All."

The old chat system was fine - out of all the things in this game that need addressing, it's astounding to think someone in an Ubisoft office thought to themselves, "we need to fix chat now."

UbiJurassic
09-13-2017, 12:55 AM
The issue for For Honor's chat was the amount of toxicity persisting in it. With the current chat system, users have the option to join Team or All chat at their discretion.

Dr-KaBoom
09-13-2017, 01:08 AM
The issue for For Honor's chat was the amount of toxicity persisting in it. With the current chat system, users have the option to join Team or All chat at their discretion.

Is this for real? Your game has some of the most toxic emotes I have seen. You can spam these emotes to air hump, player hump, teabag, and make all sorts of other lude gestures. It is almost like you have designed them with intent for players to be toxic than you say this about care bearifying the chat?

Wolf-Heathen
09-13-2017, 01:38 AM

Said toxicity is due to an extremely unbalanced game that encourages cheap, spammy moves. You make claustrophobic maps with pits, and spikes, and hazards at arm's length wherever you go, and say situational awareness is a core concept of your game. You release untested, ridiculously unbalanced heros, wait for the community to rage in frustration, and then reply with "We're aware of the situation and discussing a potential fix". Then you think the solution to all this negative behavior is to put restrictions on chat?

Your game encourages and incites toxic behavior at it's core with every design decision. Even your creative director Roman, with his condescending "I know best attitude" and smugness promotes toxicity.

Patient_Fodder
09-13-2017, 09:43 AM

Utter drivel, the "all chat off" was removed with the revamped chat options. If the changes were based on toxicity, you would have left that option be.

Dakaal
09-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Why, do you think it's ok to protect those snowflakes from the toxic community, at least put the default chat to team only, I lost so many games because I could not talk with my team, because everybody have that BLOCK all Default chat, WHY do you think this way, i don't find it normal, I don't know the morse code to signal them on the map, i need to talk and explain what we should do " Let's camp one point till they brake so they will come to us and beat them" HOW can i say that in signals on the map, if your bright brains remove the chat from new players, one time I was doing a Duel with a new player, I was trying to give him some tips but guess what, THE DEFAULT WAS SET ON SNOW FLAKE

PS: the executions from Centurion and Gladiator are salty as F

DoctorMcBatman
09-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Why, do you think it's ok to protect those snowflakes from the toxic community, at least put the default chat to team only, I lost so many games because I could not talk with my team, because everybody have that BLOCK all Default chat, WHY do you think this way, i don't find it normal, I don't know the morse code to signal them on the map, i need to talk and explain what we should do " Let's camp one point till they brake so they will come to us and beat them" HOW can i say that in signals on the map, if your bright brains remove the chat from new players, one time I was doing a Duel with a new player, I was trying to give him some tips but guess what, THE DEFAULT WAS SET ON SNOW FLAKE

PS: the executions from Centurion and Gladiator are salty as F

Another good point. There is plenty of tactical discussion that can't be done via the default "Group Up" and "Help at C" commands.

I am certain they moved the key to F9 to purposefully put people off from chatting. What a misguided effort.

Chat has played a major role in almost all online PC games since FOREVER. Trying to minimize it's use because you're afraid of trash talk is asinine. I think being able to hide chat completely is totally fine, lots of games have that. But the placement on F9, and the default of "Group" are very stupid. And not conducive to team-play.

A lot of the time, I play in the dark - for an immersive experience. I can't tell you how many times I've hidden my HUD (F10) while trying to switch my chats. And then when you do switch, pressing Tab still switches the chat while the box is open. Have I used the word asinine yet?

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 03:34 PM
i second that, if someone gets toxic and salty and kills my nerves i still can block/disable chat. Its stupid to disable the chat function in a multiplayer game witch teams...omg

TBH_BlueSky
09-24-2017, 03:19 PM

That was a very nice change and I applaud you for that .
I was so sick of people telling me to get cancer , was one of the reason I left the game in S2

timur_the_boss
09-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Because the Ubisoft people are just complete hypocrites, and the real reason they will never ever nerf Centurion is because he is 15000 steel and they hope that people use real life money to purchase steel in order to unlock him. The company are the same as frauds with **** excuses.

Devils-_-legacy
09-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Lol

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 06:45 PM
If players WANTED to hear other players, wouldn't they just turn it on? I don't see the issue here. If the default is off, and players aren't changing it, it means they prefer it that way.

AzureSky.
09-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Is this for real? Your game has some of the most toxic emotes I have seen. You can spam these emotes to air hump, player hump, teabag, and make all sorts of other lude gestures. It is almost like you have designed them with intent for players to be toxic than you say this about care bearifying the chat?

Dont talk bad about the emote spam, is one of the things that make the game fun, is rated +18 for a reason. If you like sugar and candys go play lego.

Jarl.Felix
09-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Dont talk bad about the emote spam, is one of the things that make the game fun, is rated +18 for a reason. If you like sugar and candys go play lego.

You just replied for the post count, nothing else. Did you even read the moderator comment ?

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Dont talk bad about the emote spam, is one of the things that make the game fun, is rated +18 for a reason. If you like sugar and candys go play lego.I feel like you're saying you don't like candies and legoa. Do you NOT like candies or legos? What kind of monster are you?