PDA

View Full Version : Question Questions on the plot of AC III

Ezio_-_Auditore
09-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Hi, I was playing AC3 when I realized something. The plot of AC3 is that Desmond is playing as Haythem/Connor to find the key. Fair enough.

What I don't get is Connors story. Juno tells him to stop the Templars getting into the Grand Temple, but doesn't explain why? The only thing that comes to mind is that its a Seismic Temple (as seen in Rogue) hence why Juno says that the "region will destabilize if the temple is breached to early" This however also doesn't really work because we know that the Grand Temple was designed to save humanity, and there're no earthquakes when its finally accessed by Desmond.

This leaves me to conclude the Juno was manipulating the Assassins the entire time to protect the temple from tampering until she was ready to escape. Which poses another two questions. 1. It doesn't make sense that the Assassins have just been manipulated the entire time.
2. Why didn't she want to get out earlier i.e in the 1700's? Why bother waiting till 2012, she could have just used Haythem to excape.

Thanks

Locopells
09-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Basically I assume that the forces needed to break into the Grand Temple and/or and intruder prevention devices would either lay waste to the area or kick start events such as in the TOKW.

Plus yes, she is protecting herself until such time as human technology allows her to escape (no internet in the 1700s and Black Flag shows that straight up possession wouldn't have worked).

Ezio_-_Auditore
09-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks for answering, I suppose the question than is what were Juno's true motives. Did she at least care about the humans or was her sole aim to enslave the, the whole time.

Locopells
09-12-2017, 11:09 PM
I would say self-preservation primarily, though I imagine she'd want something to rule over, when she got out...

joshoolhorst
09-16-2017, 06:52 PM
The only way Juno could escape if the orb was touched right? well wasn't the Temple not loading that ''energy shield'' around the earth? if it got activated to soon the World would still burn in 2012 right?

Edit: I do think personally they should've went with Minerva or Jupiter for the sky journey with Connor and Juno was just walking around in the Temple but I just think this has to do with there isn't enough MD in AC3. The Modern Day with all the missions, cutscenes, interactivity, gameplay, emails is atleast over 2 hours or so but if you think about this.
They had to deal with:
1. Daniel Cross and Warren Vidic
2. Lucy's dead
3. 2012 plot
4. Satellite launch
5. Juno and Minerva
6. Ending this story arc, finish of Desmond and start a new cycle.
All of this sounds way to much for under 2 and a half hours with rushed endings for both past end present storyline