PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 tournaments orochi zone spammers/top light spamming idiots

GladiatorHood
09-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Those cancerous top light spamming ****s in tournaments are pissing me off. If they can't top light spam, just spam zone! Cos why not?!?!?! Then when u attack they just turtle.. cos why not?!?!?!?!?! Cancerous orochi ****s

DrinkinMehStella
09-12-2017, 05:22 PM
the hardcore duellers are the defensive turtle players, I don't mind losing to someone who feints a lot but actually attacks, I hate the counter attacker players who turtle till you throw an attack and its even worse in tournament because of its ranking system, if the ranking system judged you by performance, attacks thrown, parrying, deflects etc then it might be better and encourage people to be more aggressive.

CheekyKemosabe
09-14-2017, 09:03 AM
^this is why I like hyper armor on my zerker. Turtles typically only wait for that first attack until they make their move. Throw a light just out of range and go straight into top heavy follow up and I almost always connect it. Some of them think the trade off is worth it, until my zerker chops off about a whole third or even half of your health (more than half if you're shinobi, sometimes that **** is almost instakill.)

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Have you met a tryhard Shugoki player? I have them pretty regular in my tournaments. I mostly get kicked out by them. You know what they do? Turtle near a wall, occasionally GB you - and because of Hyperarmor they often get the GB through your attack. Then Demon Embrace. They literally only use block / parry, GB and wallsplat into Demon Embrace. No other move. And you simply cannot do sh*t against it. Sometimes they even pretend to fight until they are low, then turtle up and wait for one parry to one-shot you with Demon Embrace.

Compare that to an Orochi who actually throws out attacks that you can parry...

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Have you met a tryhard Shugoki player? I have them pretty regular in my tournaments. I mostly get kicked out by them. You know what they do? Turtle near a wall, occasionally GB you - and because of Hyperarmor they often get the GB through your attack. Then Demon Embrace. They literally only use block / parry, GB and wallsplat into Demon Embrace. No other move. And you simply cannot do sh*t against it. Sometimes they even pretend to fight until they are low, then turtle up and wait for one parry to one-shot you with Demon Embrace.

It's funny to fight them, and I have a tactic against them with my berserker xD I love it when they rage quit

Shakti.
09-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Orochi has litterally no other means of attacking. Either he go for timing fat attacks (top an zone) or a deflect stance.
Blame the developers not the players.

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Can't believe shugokis demon embrace is still as it is, its shouldn't be guaranteed of a GB into wall there should be at least a 100ms start up against wall to give you a little chance of escape, I know the risk is high if used randomly but against a wall its guaranteed.

Dude_of_Valor
09-14-2017, 09:55 AM
If you hit a Shugoki (or any class) with damage and therefore have more health, and then wait the clock down will you win? If so, just do this against turtles. Why chase them?

CheekyKemosabe
09-14-2017, 10:01 AM
If you hit a Shugoki (or any class) with damage and therefore have more health, and then wait the clock down will you win? If so, just do this against turtles. Why chase them?

Did this to a warden in tournament recently. He'd wait for the attack and counter, doing damage, turtle back up, standard turtling stuff. I managed to get him to a point where he was lower in heatlh by almost a full bar and I just waited him out, tried to bait him into opening up.

for some reason his immediate response was to take off to the nearest ledge and try to bait me there but I didn't buy it, so we both spent the remainder of the round emote spamming and I won that match when the time hit zero. boring? very much so, but so entertaining to watch your opponent panic as the clock ticks and they can get to you then completely give up all hope.

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Did this to a warden in tournament recently. He'd wait for the attack and counter, doing damage, turtle back up, standard turtling stuff. I managed to get him to a point where he was lower in heatlh by almost a full bar and I just waited him out, tried to bait him into opening up.

for some reason his immediate response was to take off to the nearest ledge and try to bait me there but I didn't buy it, so we both spent the remainder of the round emote spamming and I won that match when the time hit zero. boring? very much so, but so entertaining to watch your opponent panic as the clock ticks and they can get to you then completely give up all hope.

this reminds me of something I posted In this forum not long ago xDD
Skip to 4:30 if you don't wanna see the full fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTBEqDXuGPQ

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 11:06 AM
stop dodging so much your open GB a lot, I'm a rep 13 cent and we love assassins who dodge. if it was me I would have wall splat you to death in one combo so lucky for you he wasn't a very good cent.

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
stop dodging so much your open GB a lot, I'm a rep 13 cent and we love assassins who dodge. if it was me I would have wall splat you to death in one combo so lucky for you he wasn't a very good cent.

Lol, dude I know what I am doing xD I dodge on purpose - I don't have much to offer as a berserker, so I need to lure my enemies into going offensive.
I know my recovery.

Also this was one of my first fights after having a 2 months break ^^

But if you are so full aware of yourself we can have some fights if you want ;)
I am on PS4, like you - S0Mi_xD (the 0 is a zero).
But currently I am not at home, I will be maybe in a weak - I'll send you a message when I am back on ps4.

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Lol, dude I know what I am doing xD I dodge on purpose - I don't have much to offer as a berserker, so I need to lure my enemies into going offensive.
I know my recovery.

Also this was one of my first fights after having a 2 months break ^^

But if you are so full aware of yourself we can have some fights if you want ;)
I am on PS4, like you - S0Mi_xD (the 0 is a zero).
But currently I am not at home, I will be maybe in a weak - I'll send you a message when I am back on ps4.

don't get so defensive. you put a video up and I commented. why dodge on purpose because when you did dodge you got GB alot. Just a hint never dodge against a cent unless its a dash attack. you took my criticism as me attacking you. I'm not going to 1v1 you for your own self pride that a waste of time i would however 1v1 to learn from each other and exchange tips, I'm happy to team up and do some brawls or 4v4 as well. When I beat people online and get hate mail and they offer to 1v1 me even though I already beat them I don't even bother because I have nothing to prove. You might be better than me with your main but then I might be better than you with your 2nd main and visa versa so that why 1v1 prove nothing except you know how to play your main. But like I said I'm happy to team up and kick some *** but I won't be 1v1 for anything other than fun and learning.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 11:51 AM
It's funny to fight them, and I have a tactic against them with my berserker xD I love it when they rage quit

So what do you do? What is your special trick on Shugokis who turtle up near a wall and wait for wall splat into Demon Embrace?

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 11:55 AM
don't get so defensive. you put a video up and I commented. why dodge on purpose because when you did dodge you got GB alot. Just a hint never dodge against a cent unless its a dash attack. you took my criticism as me attacking you. I'm not going to 1v1 you for your own self pride that a waste of time i would however 1v1 to learn from each other and exchange tips, I'm happy to team up and do some brawls or 4v4 as well. When I beat people online and get hate mail and they offer to 1v1 me even though I already beat them I don't even bother because I have nothing to prove. You might be better than me with your main but then I might be better than you with your 2nd main and visa versa so that why 1v1 prove nothing except you know how to play your main. But like I said I'm happy to team up and kick some *** but I won't be 1v1 for anything other than fun and learning.

Dude, don't get me wrong - I just answered you.
You gave me the tips that dodging can be very dangerous - I said I know that and explained it why I do so ^^

And the second thing is, I mentioned that I wasn't in shape that's why I messed up some parries etc. even dropped the controller (the moment it went into the start screen ^^) (I don't need to justify myself here but I want to )

I don't care who is better, but you say that you would get me so often on those dodges, and I would like to show you that it isn't that simple if your enemy knows what he does, so maybe we can both learn from each other.
A viewer perspective is always different from the player perspective.

But in first line it is sure just for fun ;)

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Most of the time I go to them, pay attention to GBs and ..
A: Do a feintgame to lure them into a GB, so I can take away their hyper armor and attacking them without the risk of a GB, and not to obvious to prevent parries.
B: GB them to take away their hyper armor, and attack :D

Not much of a trick, just being very cautious ^^
That's pure experience, observation and adaptation (and some luck)

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Most of the time I go to them, pay attention to GBs and ..
A: Do a feintgame to lure them into a GB, so I can take away their hyper armor and attacking them without the risk of a GB, and not to obvious to prevent parries.
B: GB them to take away their hyper armor, and attack :D

Not much of a trick, just being very cautious ^^
That's pure experience, observation and adaptation (and some luck)

Ok, so your tactic is like, uhm, no tactic at all. You just adapt to their turtle style and hope for some hits / luck... Good Shugokis will just wait (turtle up hardcore) to get hyperarmor back, rinse repeat. It is by far the most annoying hero to fight for me.

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Dude, don't get me wrong - I just answered you.
You gave me the tips that dodging can be very dangerous - I said I know that and explained it why I do so ^^

And the second thing is, I mentioned that I wasn't in shape that's why I messed up some parries etc. even dropped the controller (the moment it went into the start screen ^^) (I don't need to justify myself here but I want to )

I don't care who is better, but you say that you would get me so often on those dodges, and I would like to show you that it isn't that simple if your enemy knows what he does, so maybe we can both learn from each other.
A viewer perspective is always different from the player perspective.

But in first line it is sure just for fun ;)

ok sure sounds good to me. I know how difficult it is to get your reaction back after having time out. Add me later and were hope into some games.

Dude_of_Valor
09-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Ok, so your tactic is like, uhm, no tactic at all. You just adapt to their turtle style and hope for some hits / luck... Good Shugokis will just wait (turtle up hardcore) to get hyperarmor back, rinse repeat. It is by far the most annoying hero to fight for me.

Yes but if you say get the first damage in, then run into a place that has space and wait. They can turtle all they want but you win if you have more health.

How I generally fight Shugokis as a Warden (xbox this is) is to try and get some form of top light damage in, then go with SB a few times. Maybe if we are close try a GB. Once hyper armour is done, you can hit faster than they can thus out tempo them.

Also sometimes just being patient is the way to play. Keep moving, keep it tight, avoid making silly mistakes and you can turn fights around, or win what seems like an unwinnable match.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes but if you say get the first damage in, then run into a place that has space and wait. They can turtle all they want but you win if you have more health.

How I generally fight Shugokis as a Warden (xbox this is) is to try and get some form of top light damage in, then go with SB a few times. Maybe if we are close try a GB. Once hyper armour is done, you can hit faster than they can thus out tempo them.

Also sometimes just being patient is the way to play. Keep moving, keep it tight, avoid making silly mistakes and you can turn fights around, or win what seems like an unwinnable match.

Most of this is general advice. Since I am playing in "higher" tiers (Plat 5 / Duel: Top 3% concerning FHTracker) I know all of this, but thanks anyway. Still, facing a turtle Shugoki is worse than anything else in my experience. Most of the maps are so tight, you simply cannot go to open spaces and wait. You can only run away which will trigger the debuff. And running away is not my style, it is not legit and should not be abused.

Demon Embrace is the only one-shot mechanic that exists in this game and should be removed. Like, compare it to Centurion: he can wallsplat you and take up to 75% of your health. After that, I can still win the match. If I do the same mistake on a low Shugoki (and when he is low I have fought him with success...) I am instant dead. Alot of people in higher skill tiers rely completely on that. They only do that move. And if you get hit once by it - they are so much higher in health that you cannot just stay back, even if it didnt one-shot you in the first place. It is cheese at its best.

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Most of this is general advice. Since I am playing in "higher" tiers (Plat 5 / Duel: Top 3% concerning FHTracker) I know all of this, but thanks anyway. Still, facing a turtle Shugoki is worse than anything else in my experience. Most of the maps are so tight, you simply cannot go to open spaces and wait. You can only run away which will trigger the debuff. And running away is not my style, it is not legit and should not be abused.

Demon Embrace is the only one-shot mechanic that exists in this game and should be removed. Like, compare it to Centurion: he can wallsplat you and take up to 75% of your health. After that, I can still win the match. If I do the same mistake on a low Shugoki (and when he is low I have fought him with success...) I am instant dead. Alot of people in higher skill tiers rely completely on that. They only do that move. And if you get hit once by it - they are so much higher in health that you cannot just stay back, even if it didnt one-shot you in the first place. It is cheese at its best.

Platinum is supposed to be the higher skill lvl of the game, and ppl abuse shugo's one shot ?

For honor high skill players in a nutshell.

HAve you tried tekken ? I suggest you do to so, if you want a nice competitive fighting game.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Platinum is supposed to be the higher skill lvl of the game, and ppl abuse shugo's one shot ?

HAve you tried tekken ? I suggest you do to so, if you want a nice competitive fighting game.

I'm not into "traditional" fighting games, this era was over for me after Killer Instinct / MK / Tekken 1 hit the Arcade. But you are right, "high skill" players in For Honor still only use very safe moves: Cent wallsplat combo, demon embrace, Nobu zone into dash cancels, WL headbutt, Warden SB to an extent, LB Shove on Block, general defensive playstyle - wait for a parry punish. But all of this we already know, and I think the meta change is not far down the road. (At least I hope so).

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm not into "traditional" fighting games, this era was over for me after Killer Instinct / MK / Tekken 1 hit the Arcade. But you are right, "high skill" players in For Honor still only use very safe moves: Cent wallsplat combo, demon embrace, Nobu zone into dash cancels, WL headbutt, Warden SB to an extent, LB Shove on Block, general defensive playstyle - wait for a parry punish. But all of this we already know, and I think the meta change is not far down the road. (At least I hope so).

We all hope so, but I also hope we will see better changes that the ones in the last ptr. Most of them were terrible

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 03:07 PM

I would be happy if Soul Calibur 6 would be announced anytime XD

I am not a Tekken fan

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 03:12 PM
I would be happy if Soul Calibur 6 would be announced anytime XD

I am not a Tekken fan

I used to play it on ps1/2, and recently tried out the new one on ps4.

Its really well designed. I didn't notice broken mechanics or issues in his game design.

On FH its actually hard to notice something that is not broken, or bad designed.

Charmzzz
09-14-2017, 03:32 PM
I used to play it on ps1/2, and recently tried out the new one on ps4.

Its really well designed. I didn't notice broken mechanics or issues in his game design.

On FH its actually hard to notice something that is not broken, or bad designed.

And you seem to think that comparing these 2 games, because they are both "fighting games", is legit? Like for real? Since when is Tekken anything else than a Pseudo-3D-Duel Game? It is mechanics-wise and gameplay-wise completely different.

For Honor is "balanced" for Dominion, because that is what the Dev's said is the Main-Mode. Balancing and Bugfixing Zone Attacks, Lock / Unlock Mechanics, etc is something that Tekken never had to look at. So please stop your rant, it gets old and is totally out of scope. You have, like really, no f*cking idea of how complex it is to make a game like For Honor.

Netcode_err_404
09-14-2017, 04:21 PM
And you seem to think that comparing these 2 games, because they are both "fighting games", is legit? Like for real? Since when is Tekken anything else than a Pseudo-3D-Duel Game? It is mechanics-wise and gameplay-wise completely different.

For Honor is "balanced" for Dominion, because that is what the Dev's said is the Main-Mode. Balancing and Bugfixing Zone Attacks, Lock / Unlock Mechanics, etc is something that Tekken never had to look at. So please stop your rant, it gets old and is totally out of scope. You have, like really, no f*cking idea of how complex it is to make a game like For Honor.

Didn't compare anything , i just said that one figthing game is competitive, the other one, is not. :)

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 04:25 PM

whats even worse to me is a turtling PK light spammer ;)

brashtralas
09-14-2017, 07:00 PM

There's several abilities like that in the game. They're all awful and shouldn't be in the game at all, and they're almost always defended like this:

"That ability is all (character) has! Take that away and (character) is trash tier!!!"

Which only highlights design flaws. It doesn't somehow justify those moves, simply highlights what needs to change.

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 11:36 PM
We know that certain moves are more conducive to spam/"cheesy" playstyles and we'll do our best to address them. In some cases, cheesy strats can be countered, but it can be tough depending on the matchup - and it's just as bad when you can't really fault the cheesing player for playing to the hero's power.
So we get it's frustrating and annoying to play against, and will do our best to provide a solution.

PDXGorechild
09-15-2017, 01:27 PM
this reminds me of something I posted In this forum not long ago xDD
Skip to 4:30 if you don't wanna see the full fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTBEqDXuGPQ

Videos like this make me wonder - how old are these players? I work with young children and it's a common to see, particularly in males, that they will do absolutely anything to win when playing games. Cheating, exploiting, abusing certain mechanics over and over etc. They'll do it even if it sucks the fun out of it for everyone involved and themselves. Most of them grow out of it when they reach maturity. This kind of "win by any means possible" attitude is what ruins competitive games like these IMO. I honestly wouldn't get any satisfaction out of winning if I used lame tactics to do so. Sure, if there's 10,000 involved I can understand it. But the amount of lamers I encounter day-to-day on For Honour who are presumably obsessed with their win/loss ratio is astounding.

S0mi let's do some Berserker brawls soon :cool:

Charmzzz
09-15-2017, 01:32 PM
whats even worse to me is a turtling PK light spammer ;)

Nice attitude, flame me without knowing how I play. You Sir are full of prejudices. Sadly I cannot show you how I play PK since we are on different platforms. I will ignore you from this point on since your style of argumentation and lack of courtesy are not welcomed by me.

Edit: After thinking about it, how can you turtle if you spam Lights? Was it sarcastic or is he just dumb? I will never find out.

S.J.Lannister
09-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Those cancerous top light spamming ****s in tournaments are pissing me off. If they can't top light spam, just spam zone! Cos why not?!?!?! Then when u attack they just turtle.. cos why not?!?!?!?!?! Cancerous orochi ****s

I just started to like your posts :) Really.

You play a match, you lose, you come here with your **** way of writing. Every character is cancer and spammer for you. Gladiator :) Orochi :) Who will be next? My bet: 1$ to Lawbringer as soon as you'll meet one :)

Of course Centurion is okay, don't try to whining you idiot - quote from another thread :D

OneManAlone
09-15-2017, 03:44 PM
On consoles is even worse!!! Lifghing light attacks +lighting zone...Only Centurions are even worse

DrinkinMehStella
09-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Nice attitude, flame me without knowing how I play. You Sir are full of prejudices. Sadly I cannot show you how I play PK since we are on different platforms. I will ignore you from this point on since your style of argumentation and lack of courtesy are not welcomed by me.

Edit: After thinking about it, how can you turtle if you spam Lights? Was it sarcastic or is he just dumb? I will never find out.

chill out man I was joking, just friendly banter as we say in London, you obviously didn't take it like that even though I used a winky emoji, I don't argue in threads I just have an opinion its all friendly from my end not to sure how your taking in but I'm not a confrontational person. So since you ask a turtling pk is a pk who will refuse to attack or make the first move and instead waits till you make a move just so he can dodge and start a chain then retreats and waits till you attack again. once again I'm not saying your the exact same you probably spam without the turtling (joke) but in seriousness in my experience of higher level matches most not all PK do what I said they do.

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Videos like this make me wonder - how old are these players? I work with young children and it's a common to see, particularly in males, that they will do absolutely anything to win when playing games. Cheating, exploiting, abusing certain mechanics over and over etc. They'll do it even if it sucks the fun out of it for everyone involved and themselves. Most of them grow out of it when they reach maturity. This kind of "win by any means possible" attitude is what ruins competitive games like these IMO. I honestly wouldn't get any satisfaction out of winning if I used lame tactics to do so. Sure, if there's 10,000 involved I can understand it. But the amount of lamers I encounter day-to-day on For Honour who are presumably obsessed with their win/loss ratio is astounding.

S0mi let's do some Berserker brawls soon :cool:

Yeah ^^ that's right - I completely agree with you on that.
Winning with every possible way just to win is childish and pathetic if you are already old enough to understand certain context.

I understand it if people get angry sometimes, there is nobody who stays cool if he is human.
Also I didn't got any satisfaction out of the win or the counter tea bagging, i only do such a thing if others start it.
Who starts a war need to life with the consequences.

Sure :D as soon as I am back at home ^^