PDA

View Full Version : kick afk players sooner

SenBotsu893
09-12-2017, 03:46 PM
just had a dominion match with 1 afk teammate. and he was afk for the whole duration of the match.
shouldnt he have been kicked after 60 seconds?

i saw some teammates hitting him (most likly because they were quite upset)
does that resett the kick timer?

might i suggest to kick afking people after 20 seconds. becasue 60 seconds is still a very long time and in a 4v4 mode having 1 less player on your team is such a grave disadvantage

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Yup, I've seen players sit an entire match AFK. The auto-kick function should really start after 2 minutes of AFK. Any longer, and your team really suffers for it. Not that bots are that much better than an AFK team member.

This is semi-related, but I wish there was a way to punish teammates who purposely don't help the team. Every now and then you get someone who thinks they're real funny, and hides somewhere in the map - not AFK, but not helping either. It annoys me when teammates purposely stay out of a 1v1 too (even when you're about to die, they just stand and watch). I get "honor," but you have to assume the other team isn't going to play honorably. So it just hurts your own team to do so.

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 04:33 PM
The problem is that some people actually sit there or are around and either move their stick every now and again or make it so that they are able to constantly spam light attacks by making sure a button is held down. The afk system can't really fix that, at best we can report for cheating/griefing (not certain which though I lean towards cheat) and if you are able, take a video of what is going on and file a cheating support ticket on forhonor.ubisoft.com . The ubisoft logo on the top left has a drop down menu with support, bottom of that page there is a button to contact support allowing you to either start a chat or send an email.

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 05:06 PM
The problem is that some people actually sit there or are around and either move their stick every now and again or make it so that they are able to constantly spam light attacks by making sure a button is held down. The afk system can't really fix that, at best we can report for cheating/griefing (not certain which though I lean towards cheat) and if you are able, take a video of what is going on and file a cheating support ticket on forhonor.ubisoft.com . The ubisoft logo on the top left has a drop down menu with support, bottom of that page there is a button to contact support allowing you to either start a chat or send an email.

What if the AFK system was programmed to track how much a player moves, not just if they move. For example: If <hero> doesn't take more than 5 steps in 60 seconds, that's a strike. If <same hero> still doesn't take more than 5 steps in the next 60 seconds - BAM, three strikes and you're out. (the second violation counts for two strikes).

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Are you on PC? There's a bit of a bug that we're getting fixed that keeps the afk-system from properly recognizing and kicking the afk player. It should be fixed sometime soon hopefully, but you should also report (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater) the player to us if it happens again.

SenBotsu893
09-14-2017, 01:51 PM
no i play on ps4.

does the afk system get disrupted if the afk player is beeing hit from other sources (like teammates)? since that would move the afk players character around a bit.

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-14-2017, 08:57 PM
had i think 3 games in a row last night with the same AFK'er, he stuck around for the whole 3 games, a Berserker, pretty high rep too (im on PS4 )

we had a lvl 1 bot also so in effect it was me and one other effective player against a full team of participating human players, doubtless to say we lost all 3 games,

what selfish Fu#$s these AFK'ers are?

anyhow i saw the post by senbotsu and can confirm I've had the same thing, happen too on Ps4,

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the clarification guys! Please still report the afkers to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and log a ticket about what happened so we can investigate this! Especially so if you're on console!