PDA

View Full Version : How is this possible? Block everything!

Zoolagg
09-12-2017, 02:16 PM
in tournament i encounter lots of players that block EVRRYTHING! Even light attacks switched from top to left or right! no matter how i faint, dodge or what else. this realy seems fishy to me! its like they have auto-block or something, even i faint heavy attack and go for GB they simply wipe it of. My reputation is 9 and mostly i fight against people with more then that, 10+ or 20+ but siriously, my orochi attacks very fast light attacks but those people block everything. dodging left right and light attack sometimes the only thing that seems to work. Am i missing something? is there a 1 button block all thing?

BTTrinity
09-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Its just very easy to block in this game, in fact blocking is one of the games biggest issues... A lot of characters have no way around turtles who do nothing but block.

Zoolagg
09-12-2017, 03:58 PM
no i ment characters like the centurion, gladiator and other assasins aswell

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 04:26 PM
no i ment characters like the centurion, gladiator and other assasins aswell

Doesn't really matter, reflex guard isn't a hinderence for experienced assassins. It's just too easy to block.

DrinkinMehStella
09-12-2017, 04:31 PM
once upon a time the characters had different guard block speeds and not to long ago ubi changed it so every character has the same block speed regardless of class or weapon. it's how quickly you can react to their attacks.

Zoolagg
09-12-2017, 04:55 PM
once upon a time the characters had different guard block speeds and not to long ago ubi changed it so every character has the same block speed regardless of class or weapon. it's how quickly you can react to their attacks.

ok i see, so i just sukk then lol

DrinkinMehStella
09-12-2017, 05:02 PM

lol no you don't suck, its just more experienced players can predict what attack you going to do before you do it, so you said your an orochi main and when I play against orochi I always tend to block my top and right side as most orochi players love to use the top lights and zone, some faster attacks like peace keeper and centurion and shinobi are much harder to switch guard and block against and berserker is hard to block due to his impressive feint game, just Get use to each characters moves and then your know what they are most likely to do.

DrinkinMehStella
09-12-2017, 05:03 PM

lol no you don't suck, its just more experienced players can predict what attack you going to do before you do it, so you said your an orochi main and when I play against orochi I always tend to block my top and right side as most orochi players love to use the top lights and zone, some faster attacks like peace keeper and centurion and shinobi are much harder to switch guard and block against and berserker is hard to block due to his impressive feint game, just Get use to each characters moves and then your know what they are most likely to do.

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
The best way to fight a turtle, is to turtle them back. Annoying, but it consistently works. Or if it's Dominion, run away and help your teammates/capture bases. No need to waste time slow-dancing with a turtle.

Disclaimer: I am not a turtle, and I dislike turtles. I am eager for the defense meta changes to make attack/offense more rewarding, and defending less rewarding.

SplugeKing
09-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Disclaimer: I am not a turtle, and I dislike turtles. I am eager for the defense meta changes to make attack/offense more rewarding, and defending less rewarding.

Is someone not turtle enough for the turtle club. Lol name that movie... Turtle.... Turtle

SplugeKing
09-12-2017, 08:41 PM
One hint Dana carvey

Zoolagg
09-12-2017, 10:21 PM

i know what you mean, i barely do the toplight attack because everyone knows its comeing. what i mean is statisticly, mathmaticly and by chance there are some plwayers that cant be beaten because they use some autoblock, you fell the difference between a experienced player and someone just using a hack. the expieienced player can be fainted aswell, surprised aswell but some players are too perfect. It is something like this, if not even EXACTLY like this happens to me quite often: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XijyLanX2A and again i hate beeing on PC....like i hated it on "the division" already...

We.the.North
09-12-2017, 11:36 PM
I was just about to link that video. On PC, there are people using that Autoblock / Auto Guard Break program. That BOT works like a switch you pu on and off depending on if you need it or not, that way, it's harder to detect.

In duels, I've had games where it goes well, then all of a sudden, the opponent starts to massively turtle. Like you said, feints and even flicker doesn't work against those. They become an invulnerable wall that will only attack after they get a 100% safe opening, like a parry into guardbreak for instance.

As an experienced player, I can tell it's not just "it's easy to block in this game on PC". A 100% perfect defense is impossible. Even at the highest level of play, I watched the last tournament and those players can't block 100% of the attacks being thrown their way. Yet, those same players should be the one able to block nearly 100% of all attacks.

You can simply tell when someone is using that BOT. Some reaction time, when occuring repeatedly, are just inhuman.

UbiJurassic
09-13-2017, 12:03 AM
in tournament i encounter lots of players that block EVRRYTHING! Even light attacks switched from top to left or right! no matter how i faint, dodge or what else. this realy seems fishy to me! its like they have auto-block or something, even i faint heavy attack and go for GB they simply wipe it of. My reputation is 9 and mostly i fight against people with more then that, 10+ or 20+ but siriously, my orochi attacks very fast light attacks but those people block everything. dodging left right and light attack sometimes the only thing that seems to work. Am i missing something? is there a 1 button block all thing?

Anything is possible with practice! There are a lot of players out there that have their defensive play down to a t. Some of it revolves around practicing the basics, while other times its just that they've spent enough time with the game that they know the typical attack patterns for each hero. If you do ever feel that there's some foul play at work though, feel free to send a report over to the team (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater).

Is someone not turtle enough for the turtle club. Lol name that movie... Turtle.... Turtle

https://media3.giphy.com/media/rqg6cxIInEWg8/giphy.gif

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 12:15 AM
I was just about to link that video. On PC, there are people using that Autoblock / Auto Guard Break program. That BOT works like a switch you pu on and off depending on if you need it or not, that way, it's harder to detect.

In duels, I've had games where it goes well, then all of a sudden, the opponent starts to massively turtle. Like you said, feints and even flicker doesn't work against those. They become an invulnerable wall that will only attack after they get a 100% safe opening, like a parry into guardbreak for instance.

As an experienced player, I can tell it's not just "it's easy to block in this game on PC". A 100% perfect defense is impossible. Even at the highest level of play, I watched the last tournament and those players can't block 100% of the attacks being thrown their way. Yet, those same players should be the one able to block nearly 100% of all attacks.

You can simply tell when someone is using that BOT. Some reaction time, when occuring repeatedly, are just inhuman.

It's easy to block in this game on console and even easier on PC. I only played on PC for like an hour or so but I Was blown away from how slow everything seemed and how much more responsive it is. If the connection isn't screwed and I focused solely on blocking I would never get hit on console let alone PC. The only ones that would be able to hit me consistently would be that have good anti turtling tools but aside from that it's cake.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 12:29 AM
thank you all for the answers. okay im on mouse/keyboard and it seems already a disadvantage compared to controler but honestly, even the most exoirienced player cant be like the hack-using guys i encounter from time to time. I play long enough computer games and after a while you get a grasp how things work even if youre not good at it. i will buy me a controller to get better in this game, nonetheless noones stand a chance against those people.

SplugeKing
09-14-2017, 12:06 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/rqg6cxIInEWg8/giphy.gif

Yay! My new best friend