PDA

View Full Version : Why no 60 FPS on console?

SplugeKing
09-11-2017, 08:37 PM
I have been playing and posting here since beta. I can't remember why ubi said they cannot do 60 FPS on console, if they ever have said anything. Anyone know why?

DoctorMcBatman
09-11-2017, 08:39 PM
My guess is a higher frame rate would be too much for the GPU/hardware to handle in For Honor.

T_Sesh
09-11-2017, 10:06 PM
The same reason most games target 30 FPS - its the bare minimum playable framerate, and pretty graphics are more marketable than uglier graphics with high frame rates. .

SplugeKing
09-11-2017, 10:51 PM
My guess is a higher frame rate would be too much for the GPU/hardware to handle in For Honor.

Jesus I would hope these gen consoles could handle it

SplugeKing
09-11-2017, 10:53 PM
The same reason most games target 30 FPS - its the bare minimum playable framerate, and pretty graphics are more marketable than uglier graphics with high frame rates. .

I'm willing to bet almost all console players would rather have 60fps than the graphics this game has

Tundra 793
09-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Honestly I have no idea why 30 FPS remain so hard for some developers to hit, that they don't even try.

Games like BF1, Forza, Battlefront and Halo, games with a hell of a lot more players in any single game, and a lot more visual crap going on, can hit 60. And it's not like you're sacrificing all of the graphics and basically end up playing Minecraft when they do it, the games keep looking good.

DrinkinMehStella
09-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I would rather have better latency with 60fps than better graphics, my tv is all set up for gaming yet the 30fps still affects the latency so much that I can miss simple CGB and parries etc.

SplugeKing
09-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Honestly I have no idea why 30 FPS remain so hard for some developers to hit, that they don't even try.

Games like BF1, Forza, Battlefront and Halo, games with a hell of a lot more players in any single game, and a lot more visual crap going on, can hit 60. And it's not like you're sacrificing all of the graphics and basically end up playing Minecraft when they do it, the games keep looking good.

So much this

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 01:31 AM
We currently don't have this option on console because not everyone can support it, it takes a lot of work to change and implement a 60 fps option, and we felt that our time and effort would be more beneficial on other projects. It's probably something we'd like to do if we ever see it'd benefit a major portion of the playerbase, or if we have extra time - but we currently haven't announced any plans for this yet.

It's always possible though. I mean we have DS on the way, and everyone doubted we'd ever make the change.

DrinkinMehStella
09-14-2017, 10:24 AM
60fps shouldn't have been I must especially on console because of the latency issues, theres so much delay between my screen and there screen that sometimes I cannot react to GB and parries because the latency, id rather have less graphics and more FPS

SplugeKing
09-14-2017, 05:30 PM
60fps shouldn't have been I must especially on console because of the latency issues, theres so much delay between my screen and there screen that sometimes I cannot react to GB and parries because the latency, id rather have less graphics and more FPS

This. Sometimes I get GB basically instantly with no room for any reaction. Idk but I would think a 60fps game would help that

SplugeKing
09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
We currently don't have this option on console because not everyone can support it, it takes a lot of work to change and implement a 60 fps option, and we felt that our time and effort would be more beneficial on other projects. It's probably something we'd like to do if we ever see it'd benefit a major portion of the playerbase, or if we have extra time - but we currently haven't announced any plans for this yet.

It's always possible though. I mean we have DS on the way, and everyone doubted we'd ever make the change.

Sorry but this sounds like such bs. Not everyone can support it yet everyone has to support the download and upload speeds in regards to the graphics. More beneficial to other projects? What other projects? Adding new executions and outfits that add little to the gaming experience? I for one don't care about the graphics we're not playing on the PS2 anymore, the graphics are fine. I don't care about the detail of every piece of stone and wood in the game.

Linnix1
09-14-2017, 09:03 PM
I mean the 60fps is one of the reasons PC for honor is as turtle fested as it is. Do console players really want that

SplugeKing
09-14-2017, 10:34 PM
I mean the 60fps is one of the reasons PC for honor is as turtle fested as it is. Do console players really want that

It would help with light spammers and fast zone attacks. Besides the defensive meta changes are coming "soon"

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Sorry but this sounds like such bs. Not everyone can support it yet everyone has to support the download and upload speeds in regards to the graphics. More beneficial to other projects? What other projects? Adding new executions and outfits that add little to the gaming experience? I for one don't care about the graphics we're not playing on the PS2 anymore, the graphics are fine. I don't care about the detail of every piece of stone and wood in the game.

I think you're forgetting about: dedicated servers, defense meta updates, hero balance/changes, and we also have to fit in S4 somewhere in there too.

A change to 60 fps support isn't a simple process, and would require a lot of infrastructure rework on console. We're working on ways to address the light attack speed issues on console, and hopefully those can do the job. And like I said earlier, it's always a possibility for the future.

Linnix1
09-15-2017, 02:15 AM
It's more if why isn't it in the game at the start not to change it to 60.