PDA

View Full Version : Best Nvidia 5700FX Ultra driver?

Chuck_Older
08-06-2004, 04:03 PM
I want to update my FX 5700 Ultra drivers.

A few games I play need it, and it's a good idea in general, but I play some older games and sims, too, and I don't want to screw up those.

I'd like some feedback on drivers for this card and experiences with various updated drivers in regards to FB, AEP, and other games and sims, before I download.

Any advice?

Killers in America work seven days a week
~ Clash

Chuck_Older
08-06-2004, 04:03 PM
I want to update my FX 5700 Ultra drivers.

A few games I play need it, and it's a good idea in general, but I play some older games and sims, too, and I don't want to screw up those.

I'd like some feedback on drivers for this card and experiences with various updated drivers in regards to FB, AEP, and other games and sims, before I download.

Any advice?

~ Clash

MadBadVlad
08-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Running fine on the 56.64 drivers at the moment and they seem solid with plenty of other games too, including some that are 5 years old, so they should be OK

Chuck_Older
08-06-2004, 04:33 PM
I got a copy of Theif: Deadly Shadows that really really really wants new drivers to display properly

~ Clash

MadBadVlad
08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
The 56.64 would be OK for thief or try the newer 60.xx series drivers from the Nvidia site. It is always a lottery upgrading drivers and hoping your older games will run OK. But if the worst does happen then you just need to roll back the driver to the last version that worked OK - good luck