PDA

View Full Version : ban for leaving a game? WTF what clowns had that idea?

EarlKarl89
09-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Hahaha maybe you should fist make sure that your matchmaking isnt total garbage. Iam not going to waste my time in game where four noobies (including me) goes against four zillion level pros... maybe fix this first

Lyskir
09-10-2017, 06:15 PM
u can leave within the first 30 seconds of the game without penalty

UbiInsulin
09-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Players reported that leavers were a fairly significant problem, so a penalty was introduced. If the 30 second grace period isn't enough time, please let us know your feedback on what would work better for you.

The matchmaking system prioritizes skill range, location, and creating a match in a reasonable amount of time. If you're finding that too many matches are imbalanced, it's certainly possible that skill should be emphasized more. But I would recommend taking advantage of the grace period, as Lyskir said.

MajorHamilton
09-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Matchmaking 0 reputation players against 32838912 reputation players is also a problem

S.J.Lannister
09-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Hahaha maybe you should fist make sure that your matchmaking isnt total garbage. Iam not going to waste my time in game where four noobies (including me) goes against four zillion level pros... maybe fix this first

What clowns leave match in the middle?

Quit penalty should last longer: first in 8 h 10 minutes,, second is 15 minutes, third is 30 minutes, fourth is one hour penalty. That would work for people with anger managment issues.

EarlKarl89
09-11-2017, 11:10 PM
yeah i bet you love beating new players and ppl who play the game once in week and not 24/7. Also i never knew about 30 second rule.

EarlKarl89
09-11-2017, 11:11 PM
well i dont know about 30 sec rule.... thank for info

CrunaCross
09-12-2017, 04:54 AM

YOU are a fine example of a rage quitter. And I'm glad to see this works as intended.

S0Mi_xD
09-12-2017, 04:55 AM
yeah i bet you love beating new players and ppl who play the game once in week and not 24/7. Also i never knew about 30 second rule.

it feels like this
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5c/58/b6/5c58b60440827b8979a1a212495f3331.jpg

Just playing the game and wrecking people, no matter if they good or bad (no discrimination), but after you realize, that you wrecked someone who is clearly a noob, you ask yourself "was it to much?" and you try to sneak out of this story.

Seriously, it is boring to fight noobs -.- sometimes I prefer bots.

Tillo.
09-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Remember when we said that punishing leavers was like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound?
Guess what, leavers still exist, the game still crashes even when no one willingly has left the game. GG Ubisoft.

Devils-_-legacy
09-13-2017, 08:47 PM
I didn't even know that 😐

UbiNoty
09-13-2017, 11:43 PM
What clowns leave match in the middle?

Quit penalty should last longer: first in 8 h 10 minutes,, second is 15 minutes, third is 30 minutes, fourth is one hour penalty. That would work for people with anger managment issues.

While I do like the idea of a scaling penalty, until we can fully sort out and eradicate the connection issues, the current blanket 10-min penalty seems to be our best workable choice. Maybe when DS are here this will be more feasible.

And we're working on the matchmaking stuff.

RafaelFuchs
09-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I just got that hint too. I entered a preformed gank lobby mid-match. At first it wasn't very obvious, they didn't attack until I stood on a cap point. Swarmed and then sat in the spawn. Nothing new, I've played the game before a few months back. Leave and carry on right? Nope. Leaving just gets you a 10m penalty for wanting to leave an obviously zero fun match.
I guess that's what I get for being tabbed out during load screen and not seeing my team was 2/4 bots? Still call ******** on that 10m timer either way. It's moronic to think that the system was even put into place without a strike system behind it. Nope, immediate action for leaving a game after about a minute of play. Reading this forum clued me in on the 30s grace, but that's clearly not enough. First 30s could easily be spent just running with zero player interaction.

And before the cancer reply of "You don't like how you're being kill? Raging scrub." reply comes in, I put my fun first. Trash lobbies like that aren't even worth the effort to try, fail and get mad at. I'm irritated at the fact the game just wasted 10m of my limited free time to have fun and relax.

kweassa1
09-20-2017, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I just got that hint too. I entered a preformed gank lobby mid-match. At first it wasn't very obvious, they didn't attack until I stood on a cap point. Swarmed and then sat in the spawn. Nothing new, I've played the game before a few months back. Leave and carry on right? Nope. Leaving just gets you a 10m penalty for wanting to leave an obviously zero fun match.
I guess that's what I get for being tabbed out during load screen and not seeing my team was 2/4 bots? Still call ******** on that 10m timer either way. It's moronic to think that the system was even put into place without a strike system behind it. Nope, immediate action for leaving a game after about a minute of play. Reading this forum clued me in on the 30s grace, but that's clearly not enough. First 30s could easily be spent just running with zero player interaction.

And before the cancer reply of "You don't like how you're being kill? Raging scrub." reply comes in, I put my fun first. Trash lobbies like that aren't even worth the effort to try, fail and get mad at. I'm irritated at the fact the game just wasted 10m of my limited free time to have fun and relax.

But the game didn't waste your time. You did.

you admitted yourself you weren't paying attention to the lobby, doing something else, and didn't notice your team was BOTs. The game has a grace period of 30 seconds to leave -- which probably means you were busy doing something else and started action for some time after the match actually began.

The game gave you every chance to refuse the current team situation imposed upon you and yet you still blame the game for a result that came out of your own mistake/oversight.... as a matter of fact, it's actually even a bit surprising how you hold that strange, warped view so casually that the game screwed you over, despite the situation being clearly otherwise, where the result directly came from your own mistake.

Again the game gave you the chance to refuse the conditions of the next match. You weren't paying attention.

You did that to yourself, dude.

I mean, really? Who is calling who 'cancer' here? :confused:

The_B0G_
09-20-2017, 01:36 PM
In my opinion the matchmaking should have been worked on a bit more before the leave penalty was introduced.

The rage quitters in the middle of matches weren't even the worst IMO, it was the guys that pad their K/D/A ratio, they quit in the last minute of the game on the winnning team because they didn't go 15-3, causing the game to crash.

Leave penalty needs to stay, and also needs to stay at 10 mins, any longer will just drive frustrated players away from the game.

gj4063
09-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Players reported that leavers were a fairly significant problem, so a penalty was introduced. If the 30 second grace period isn't enough time, please let us know your feedback on what would work better for you.

We should be able to leave at any time between joining a session and the match loading in. We shouldn't have to wait for the game to start.

NotAMouse
09-20-2017, 03:17 PM
The problem really is about being placed in teams we shouldn't be on. I understand not wanting to keep players waiting, but here's the 2 big problems: When I, as a noob, am placed in a team of all sub-rep 10s, and the other team's lowest-rep player literally has more rep than my entire team put together, that's a bit of an issue. I know rep doesn't always mean skill, but it can be a fairly good indication. It's not so bad in Duel, at least most of the people I meet there are nice and will throw out a few tips while they stomp a mudhole in me, and that's fine. At least I'm learning something. Dominion on the other hand, you don't even get that chance of learning and it's just a depressing loss without even some accomplishment.

The BIGGER problem,however, is when I, as a newbie and terrible, am thrown into a match with a bunch of skilled players against other skilled players. At that point, I am not just losing, but I know I am actively hurting my team and ruining THEIR game as well. This is not a good situation to be in, not for the noob and not for the guys who actually know what they're doing. It feels bad because you KNOW, without a doubt, YOU are responsible for the upcoming loss.

Look, I'm not going to complain about losing on my own. I'm new-ish in a sense I don't have many hours in the game, losing is part of learning, I'm not gonna get salty about losing. I am salty when I'm the problem that ruins a game for teammates, even if it is just a random match.

I feel like there should be some rep-capped matches or something for newer players, so we can be able to learn with other people our skill level, and play catch-up that way. It's frustrating as a new/terrible player to always have to face people who are massively more experienced than yourself. If nothing else at least it would make the game more welcoming to people instead of throwing us to the wolves the first time we dare set foot into the PvP arenas. I think most people would be willing to wait a few more minutes if it meant we would be able to play with people of similar skill levels.

That's just my thought though.