PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad Support

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 05:54 AM
I cannot believe Ubisoft released this game WITHOUT full Gamepad support!

Will they fix this with a patch? I have seen NOTHING from Ubisoft on this matter. There are posts about Gamepad problems all over the internet.

I am at the point of returning this game. If they announcce an upcoming patch, I will wait and keep the game.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 05:54 AM
I cannot believe Ubisoft released this game WITHOUT full Gamepad support!

Will they fix this with a patch? I have seen NOTHING from Ubisoft on this matter. There are posts about Gamepad problems all over the internet.

I am at the point of returning this game. If they announcce an upcoming patch, I will wait and keep the game.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:01 AM
I don't see why you all have problems with tha gamepad support.

You have to MAP your controls to the gamepad manually (using the "Controls" options dialoge).

Or is there anything I'm missing? I'm playing with the Saitek 2500P without any problem (but it took me some time to figure out a good mapping of the functions to the pad buttons).

Martin.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 10:27 AM
I think you are one of the lucky few, Grestorn.

We are not able to set the mappings properly in the 'Controls' dialogue. And when I used Thrustmapper to map to the WASD keys, the Prince just went around in circles, and got stuck against a wall!

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 11:50 AM
You're using the right column in the controls, right?
You're also using the analogue controls for directions and camera (the D-Pad doesn't work for those functions, at least on my system)?

Since the game actually only maps DirectX events to specific functions, and couldn't care less about what device creates those events, it's really hard to believe that it wouldn't work *IF* your hardware and drivers are set up correctly.

Does the game controller control panel work for your gamepad?

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I e-mailed UBISOFT Tech Support about this. Here is their response:

The only controller that is supported for this game is the ThrustMaster FIRESTORM
Dual Analog 3. No other controllers are supported for this game.

I cannot believe they did not support all controllers.

Grestorn: There are a LOT of people that cannot get their gamepads to work properly. Just look around the internt.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
I have used a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad, and a Logitech Dual Action gamepad without any problem. The Wingman has 6 axis, and 10 buttons. The Dual Analog has 4 axis and 12 buttons. I can't imagine why some have trouble with gamepads in this game.

Message Edited on 12/18/0311:32AM by Elvin_Presler

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:03 AM
To those who can't imagine why people are having problems with gamepads in this game:

We're not ALL incapable of setting up our drivers and systems. In fact I'm willing to bet that NONE of us are incapable of that ability. My controllers work AS INTENDED on ALL other games. My Thrustmaster Dual Power IS detected but the prince can only WALK not run. My Saitek P3000 is also detected but the prince won't run in certain directions with the analog stick. I have to use the D-Pad because CLEARLY the analog stick isn't supported properly. Should I HAVE to use the D-Pad, obviously no. This is horrible support for PC gamepads, no other way to put it. And OF COURSE we're actually mapping our controls in the game, or with the controller software or both. I'm glad for the lucky few who have no problems with their gamepads, but please do us a favor and don't add to these threads unless you have something constructive for us.

Message Edited on 12/19/0306:04AM by Muze

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 12:02 PM
I have the officaly supported gamepad for this game: ThrustMaster FIRESTORM Dual Analog 3, but I allso can't run when i push forward on left analog stick, just sneeking and walking! I can run when ushing stick left, back and right, but not forward! The wall-runs and long jumps are imposible to perform when you can't run forward!!!

Is there or will be any patch to fix this problem?

XyZspineZyX
12-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I have the same Problem! :-/

XyZspineZyX
12-21-2003, 04:44 AM
OK. Now I've also tested it with a NYKO Airflo gamepad, a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock gamepad, and a Belkin Nostromo N45 gamepad. It works perfectly. Now, you want the "usefull" part of my post? Get a better gamepad or fix whatever is broken on your PC.

Message Edited on 12/21/0312:22PM by Elvin_Presler

XyZspineZyX
12-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I have a PS one Control... and the adaptator.. i downloaded trhe drivers for the Direct Pad Controller.. but i doesn't work,,, i heard that i could use my PS one control with this adapter..... somebody knows if im using the correct driver... or if this really works??? PLz... Help really really needed.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)

Alex.

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Elvin, any chance you could mail me the profile for the wingman rumblepad. Just got it, and dunno htf to get it to work.

thnx

dpstod@hotmail.com

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 07:44 PM
I didn't use a profile or even run the Wingman software. I just started the game and setup the controls in game. Left analog for movement, and right for camera zoom and rotation. Worked great. Then the 10 other buttons to whatever you like.

Message Edited on 12/23/0311:50AM by Elvin_Presler

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Is there someone who can fix this problem!? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I don't understand why UBI doesn't release a patch.

XyZspineZyX
01-03-2004, 10:22 AM
For a posible fix look here, it worked for me:
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=techsupport&id=zzzgo

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
You can add Saitek P880 Dual Analog to the "good" list. After getting the keys mapped, it worked like a charm!!

Elvin_Presler wrote:
- OK. Now I've also tested it with a NYKO Airflo
- gamepad, a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock gamepad, and
- a Belkin Nostromo N45 gamepad. It works perfectly.
- Now, you want the "usefull" part of my post? Get a
- better gamepad or fix whatever is broken on your PC.