PDA

View Full Version : Done went and made me pull my berserker out of retirement....

CheekyKemosabe
09-09-2017, 06:16 AM
I remember when I first started playing as zerk. All those combos to learn, the timings for deflects, feints and all that jazz.

so many games going into the negatives just so I could get better with him. rep 5 at one point and still finishing most games around a k/d of 3/7.

Eventually I started getting better, a lot better actually. I really liked the zerker, so aggressive and fluid. Got him all the way to rep 11 and decided to call it quits, it was time for me to move on and work on a new hero.

I didn't touch him for a good long while. He just sat in the roster, still wearing the epic gear i'd just gotten him back in early season two.

But lately it seems like every game I get into there's always some youtuber or twitch or facebooker (sometimes all at once) on the enemy team. I think to myself "Hm, this'll be interesting" and what happens next is usually a long sequence of ganking or cheesing on their end. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so typically I play them again because hey, it could just be me sucking in that game. But of course they keep going at it, doing the same **** over and over and over. It's become pretty clear to me that these people are just looking to get some footage of them looking awesome because they just spammed their way through an entire match.

Normally this isn't an issue for me because I've had to deal with stuff like this since day one, but not with any of the heroes I've been working on lately. So I've had to make a deliciously horrible decision.

I'm pulling Berserker out of retirement. I'm not giving any fake *** streamers any content to post anymore.

I_Sash_I
09-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Batman is back.

CandleInTheDark
09-09-2017, 09:53 AM
This city is afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the *****s and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down, and whisper "No."

--Rorshach

More on topic, I need to berserker again some time,I was levelling berserker and shinobi until i realised I was only levelling assassins which as a pug player is not a good thing. Still, got one to rep 7 and four on rep 6 so I might well pick those two up again and save gladiator which I was holding off on until that was done for levelling alongside one of the season 4 heroes. Of course first I need a week with my peacekeeper >.> lol barely played my main while working up the others.

CheekyKemosabe
09-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Batman is back.

I'm the Berserker Valkenheim wants...

But not the one it needs

CheekyKemosabe
09-09-2017, 10:14 AM
This city is afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the *****s and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down, and whisper "No."

--Rorshach

More on topic, I need to berserker again some time,I was levelling berserker and shinobi until i realised I was only levelling assassins which as a pug player is not a good thing. Still, got one to rep 7 and four on rep 6 so I might well pick those two up again and save gladiator which I was holding off on until that was done for levelling alongside one of the season 4 heroes. Of course first I need a week with my peacekeeper >.> lol barely played my main while working up the others.

For season one it was mostly Orochi but then I started berserker up pretty late in that season and carried it over for the duration of season two. When new heroes started dropping I thought it might be good to expand a little more so I started working on the Highlander, gladiator, and just a little bit on conq (gotta get that diversity). But there's only two heroes I'll always rely on in any fight and that's roach and zerker. (leaning more towards zerker though, I found after I started up with him that he was just more my style).

This season i'm working towards and overall rep of 60 with 15 reps in each hero I use but at this rate it's gonna have to wait if I keep getting matched up with streamers that keep talking **** even after I've already destroyed them.

CandleInTheDark
09-09-2017, 12:21 PM
For season one it was mostly Orochi but then I started berserker up pretty late in that season and carried it over for the duration of season two. When new heroes started dropping I thought it might be good to expand a little more so I started working on the Highlander, gladiator, and just a little bit on conq (gotta get that diversity). But there's only two heroes I'll always rely on in any fight and that's roach and zerker. (leaning more towards zerker though, I found after I started up with him that he was just more my style).

This season i'm working towards and overall rep of 60 with 15 reps in each hero I use but at this rate it's gonna have to wait if I keep getting matched up with streamers that keep talking **** even after I've already destroyed them.

I had Peacekeeper at seven and in legendary armour season launch, I had been working Warden, Berserker, Nobushi, Shinobi but kept getting put into all assassin teams,so like you said, diversity, went with Conqueror and Valkyrie over Berserker and Shinobi. With the double xp weekend I put in a hard grind and got six rep points, so likely will finish getting my other four into legendary gear this weekend as I have them at rep 6 level 16.

I had been going to mess around with Peacekeeper in pvp and tournament a week(been hard grinding against ai) before looking at the gladiator, but I might go with those I left behind,my usual rate I might finish them just as the season ends, get gladiator high as I can in the offseason then catch up the Huntress likely if the leaks are right and get them there.

After that...pass, if there is a new gear rarity I will get probably five into it, Raider, Kensei and Orochi are three I would like to look at in the future (probably Orochi first since I will have done all the other straight assassins and I have been one of those saying to mains if you make a read and use your kit he isn't as weak as you say he is...so yeah money meet mouth lol), but I also want to do ranked 4v4 when it drops which is what I have been grinding for in the first place and Peacekeeper to 40 is also something I am toying with so options. For a period I will certainly want to do just whichever of my top gear heroes I feel like after grinding.

Alustar.
09-09-2017, 03:19 PM
I feel similarly when I'm on my Highlander and get completely rekt, I usually switch over to my Peacekeeper and handle the whole team