PDA

View Full Version : Effects should be unlocked for all categories after ONE purchase

PBoogie5698
09-09-2017, 01:11 AM
So i started playing with Warlord recently and I wanted to make him a little custom so i decided to spend my hard earned steel on some effects. I was searching and saw the new effect of "smoke" and i thought it would look cool on the hero, so when i purchased the effect for "Idle" i assumed that the effect would then be unlocked for "Idle,Execution and Emote". To my dismay the effect was only unlocked for "Idle" and not unlocked for the other two categories. To some this may not matter but to a hardcore FH player i believe Ubisoft should change indefinitely! It is already enough that we don't earn much steal per match, let alone how much customization options cost, but is it possible to patch an update that gives players the option to equip in all categories of "Effects" with only one purchase? The cost is almost that of a "mythic" outfit w/ purchasing the same effect in all categories, so i propose a solution; give players new "Mythic" outfits to purchase that have the effects(such as Smoke,Whirlwind,Darkness etc.) attached that way its unlocked in all categories when purchased i.e. Warlord's The Forge Mythic outfit includes Thor's Strike effect which is then unlocked in all categories, OR patch and make the effect available in all categories after one purchase

P Boogie Da Monsta
PSN: RealDealPhilBoog
Twitch: @daboogiemonsta

CandleInTheDark
09-09-2017, 01:19 AM
Honestly the we don't earn enough steel argument is never one I get. Recently I had around 56,000 steel (none of it bought through microtransaction), I bought three executions putting me down to 36,000, a week ago I bought a year worth of champion status in the sale since I buy it every week in any case so I went down to around 4,000 steel. I have barely been able to play the last three days because I have family over and four year olds and nine month olds mean not a lot of time for gaming, but with the contract orders I completed and the matches I did manage, I am currently at 15,000.

Merits or pitfalls of this idea aside (and I honestly think around the price of a mythic outfit for all three, given we get three effects and something we could mostly put together ourselves, is about fair in any case) it is not as hard to make steel as people make out.

CrunaCross
09-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Or they could simply sell the effects both separately as it is now but include it also in a 10k bundle which would unlock all 3 versions of the effects (Idle+Execution+Emote)

CandleInTheDark
09-09-2017, 01:24 AM
Or they could simply sell the effects both separately as it is now but include it also in a 10k bundle which would unlock all 3 versions of the effects (Idle+Execution+Emote)

That I would be more behind since the marketing people are looking for bundle ideas in any case and it would be fairly easy to keep.a rotation.

UbiNoty
09-09-2017, 01:34 AM
We made a change to steel quite early on to increase steel gain, and it hasn't seemed to have been a problem for most players ever since. But I can still bring your feedback about this to the team as well as steel income.

In the case of effect bundles, now that's something that's much more actionable for us and an idea I can propose to the team much more easily!

Tundra 793
09-09-2017, 01:43 AM
so when i purchased the effect for "Idle" i assumed that the effect would then be unlocked for "Idle,Execution and Emote"

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

PBoogie5698
09-09-2017, 01:44 AM
I play about 3-4 hours a day and it took me 3 days to earn 10k steel just to spend half on an effect that's only unlocked in one category, I think that is ridiculous that i can pay 15K for an outfit and ornament and a design but when it comes to the effect i spend the same 15k and only get the effect in all categories. So why not make a mythic outfit for every effect or make a singular outfit that includes effect ornament and design for all heroes

CrunaCross
09-09-2017, 01:46 AM
I play about 3-4 hours a day and it took me 3 days to earn 10k steel just to spend half on an effect that's only unlocked in one category, I think that is ridiculous that i can pay 15K for an outfit and ornament and a design but when it comes to the effect i spend the same 15k and only get the effect in all categories. So why not make a mythic outfit for every effect or make a singular outfit that includes effect ornament and design for all heroes

This is why effects in a 10-12k bundle which unlock for all the categories might suit you better. And for others who just simply want to unlock some flashy effect for their execution only, 5k is fine.