PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki's New Issues

Archo-Vax
09-08-2017, 10:48 PM
I suspect that I don't need to tell any of you how Shugoki doesn't really have any viable openers, so I'll leave that alone, for now. And how he becomes as combatively effective as a 90-year-old with arthritis when he goes up against a Peacekeeper.

My main beef with Shugoki, at the moment, is the fact that he is now so slow-moving that his animations for walking literally glitch and loop over themselves. It ends up looking as though you're moonwalking, in stark contrast to the lightning quickness you see him move in when you enter locked-on mode or go up/down a ladder. Also, his running animation is a bit... off. Especially when one runs down a slight slope with him.

UbiNoty
09-08-2017, 11:02 PM
I can certainly mention his movespeed discrepancies to the team. Hopefully some of his lack of openers will be addressed when the balance team reveals what their plans are for him too.

Archo-Vax
09-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Thank you very much, good sir.

The_B0G_
09-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Thank you very much, good sir.

Good madam*

Archo-Vax
09-09-2017, 12:38 AM
Ah. Apologies. It is so rare of an occasion that one of you actually responds to my posts that I've not had to time to properly familiarize myself with you lot.

TSCDescon
09-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Same problem here. Found out this bug after new patch.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0qHbxznStc

Don't mind the Conq flying to another dimension.

UbiNoty
09-09-2017, 01:37 AM
Same problem here. Found out this bug after new patch.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0qHbxznStc

Don't mind the Conq flying to another dimension.

I think that's a pretty extreme example of off-animations, and more than likely a bug. ( I believe I asked you to make sure you get it reported to support? If that wasn't you sorry!) But yes, I've forwarded this along too.

mrmistark
09-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Hey there! Xbox player putting in my (probably obnoxious to pc players, sorry!) 2 cents. Shugoki as a whole: terrible, seriously lacking IF! Played as intended. Like a normal human being. That being said however: headbut spamming shugokis are on the rise. Seems like every shugoki now literally just sits there all day until you go in for an attack and then uses hyper armor to hit you and then headbut you and just repeats this process over and over again. After the headbut you're stunned making it near impossible to get another incoming light parrying time down meaning if you don't block it in time of actually finally seeing the animation then you eat another light and headbut. Very annoying when playing as most assassins as his light attacks can actually trade pretty easily and again the stun makes another attack or gb hard to counter as you get a visual for only a split second. Again I agree he is not a power house, but man it's the only way people play him now a days. It'd be great to see him be strong enough where players didn't have to rely on this and make the match drag on and on.