PDA

View Full Version : Bring old gameplay style back please!! Listen please!!

ruuti0
09-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I hope you really listen your customers(players). Dying Light developers did that and then they made one of the most popular game in history (dying light).

I am surely not only one who wish that you would bring back old gameplay which you had from Anno 1602 to Anno 2070.

I loved it.

Bring back limited ressources, competition for claiming islands and war vs AIs to one same map etc.

Anno 2205 was first version I didn't like. It wasn't Anno anymore, not the one I was used to. New was way too easy and boring. Also I liked battles in early versions, but in 2205 it was moved to "battle mode", which I didn't like at all. 2205 looked like Cities: Skylines, totally different type game that earlier Anno versions were. Not same game anymore. Not same game that I or many others liked for ages.

I liked so called "micro-managing" in older Anno versions. It was almost unique in your game and made it so much fun. I bet you thought that "easier" anno 2205 would track more new players, but even old players learned earlier Anno games so gameplay cannot be problem. Maybe more helping tutorials for beginners, but not that 2205 style game again :/

And please give us Continuous game mode back. 97% of my game time went to that mode. It was so interesting to play against different computer AIs with differenct difficulty levels.

And please don't make so details and lighting lights to game graphics, it gave me big micrane in Anno 2205. At least you should put option to remove or reduce them so people with tendence to get micraine could play your game. I tried play Anno 2205 with lowest settings, but I still got massive micrane from it and I wasn't only one. I think you know this problem since you had that big warning when game started: "Game can cause epilepsy". Graphics wasn't the reason why people played early Anno versions, it was almost perfect gameplay.

AgmasGold
09-08-2017, 10:13 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you have mentioned above - Anno 2205 was the game in the series that I liked the least.

I prefered the complex and potentially messy trading routes that form between islands. It was very satisfying watching 35 separate trade routes, some with several ships, sail and supply my islands with the goods they needed. Seeing all of my ships go from island to island, (35 trade routes as I managed to get the 10k Noblemen, as well as 15k envoys achievement in 1404) and work like clockwork is something immensely rewarding, and the main thing that was lost in 2205 - the ships became simple arrows between boxes.

I also disliked the way 2205 immediately gave you a number for demand/supply of goods. It was always in view and I think it detracted from the realism. Sure, I would still go to a calculator and find out how many fisherman huts I needed for 10k peasants, but I prefered that, and looking at the fluxuation of goods as they came into the warehouse as a guide.

It terms of finite resources, I guess all 1404 and 1701 had them as well, just that you had to pay gold directly rather than building an activateable item first to replenish. The vague "mountain sites" and "coastal sites" in 2205 was also something I intensely disliked, as you can't just build a mine in a random place and expect to get precisely what you want from it. Mines should be planned, be built on seams where the ore is rich.

It terms of the graphics - a disable bloom would be nice in the VFX menus this time, in 2205 you had to go into the game's configs files to turn this off, as there was no option in-game.

aburja
09-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Limited resources as an option please!

I play the endless game, so "replenish with gold" at the least .

I DID like the "number for demand/supply of goods" feature from 2205 though, made it easier to see if I was overproducing or underproducing.

haraserh
09-09-2017, 01:30 PM
They better get back to anno 1602 ( the first anno in the series )>>2070 formula allright..basicly they better return to the epic 'anno' formula wich was used in all the anno games apart from that garbage 2205...
Its a shame though 2205 "looked like the perfect sequel to 2070" and had the best graphics and nothing else...other than that it was/still is missing 80% of the game that made it an anno..its only an 'anno' game in the name not the actualy gameplay...

Im looking forward to a new anno game i had no expectations for 2205 even so it was total garbage missing 80% of the features wich made a anno game...well an anno game.

If asked id say ( in terms of everything from gameplay to graphics ) 2070>>1602>>1701>>1503>>1404>>.........2205, i truly hope 1800 tops 2070, ALL the devs have to do is well...use the formula used in ALL their earlier games and thats it, dont bs about it with useless features...and pointless crap about ' you know exactly what'.

BB_Volty
09-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Our vision is to go back to our core strengths while using features which worked greatly in the newer titles. And that means that many beloved features will return to Anno 1800, from big maps with actively settling to building AI characters, trade routes, visible goods to only name a few. We want to allow new players to get familiar with the game but the lack of complexity and challenge was one of the major critique points with the last title. In order to give Anno veterans the challenge and long play value they want to see in Anno 1800, complexity will have a big focus. We went a bit more into detail about that in our DevBlog's on Anno Union and will give more details about certain features in future blogs and updates.

VinnieVE
09-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Anno 2205 wasn't a bad game but it just wasn't an Anno. Complex logistics, trade, careful (but no micromanagement) planning and war were the fundamental elements Anno was build on and Anno 2205 didn't have. Especially the lack of decent in-map trade and multiple seperated regions really annoyed me in Anno 2205.

ruuti0
12-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Our vision is to go back to our core strengths while using features which worked greatly in the newer titles. And that means that many beloved features will return to Anno 1800, from big maps with actively settling to building AI characters, trade routes, visible goods to only name a few. We want to allow new players to get familiar with the game but the lack of complexity and challenge was one of the major critique points with the last title. In order to give Anno veterans the challenge and long play value they want to see in Anno 1800, complexity will have a big focus. We went a bit more into detail about that in our DevBlog's on Anno Union and will give more details about certain features in future blogs and updates.

Thank you for ansewring!

It is very nice to see that developers listen players, so there can be interactive discussion and feedback how players like certain thing in game(s).

Techland did same with Dying Light and it became their most popular game ever, one of the most popular games in history of PC gaming.

I also hope that you don't make game "too easy" (what I think 2205 was) and be afraid that otherwise new players might not get into game. Even old Anno players learned it to play game and I am sure so will new players in future. When there is challenge it is also more fun to play. Challenge to build society was one thing that made Anno so good compared to its competitors. If you want somehow help some new players to get into game I think some teaching videos would be great thing. But I and many others also learned to play Anno even without them. New generation is just like that if they want to learn do something fast, they usually watch video (from youtube for example).

Anno 2205 had too much small blinking/flickkering lights (and game being too bright overall) around game which caused big migraine for me. I heard A LOT of Anno fans who had epilepsy couldn’t play Anno 2205 for same reason.

I hope developers don’t do same mistake with new Anno. You simply lose a lot of money if people with epilepsy or flickkering light migrane can’t play the game, which business wise isn't good.

If you need players to check that that is new Anno good for people with migraine or epilepsy, I could beta test in some point if needed and give you feedback. I have played all Anno versions since first release so game series is very familiar for me.

toy4x4
12-14-2017, 06:46 PM
I didn't like 2070 all that well. 1404 was just about perfect to a point and 2070 went off in a different tangent.

stylisticsagi
12-14-2017, 07:54 PM
not a fan of limited resources.
If you build a big mining complex on an island and suddenly the ore is gone...
Perhaps a system where you have to build newer mines (wich are only available with higher civ levels) that i could live with but depletable resources al together is a no go if you want to make big perfect maps.

ruuti0
12-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Perhaps a system where you have to build newer mines (wich are only available with higher civ levels) that i could live with but depletable resources al together is a no go if you want to make big perfect maps.

In my opinion it was one of the key things that made previous Annos (expect 2205) so interesting.

Why? Because it makes 100 different strategies to play, when you have consider possibility runnign out of some minerals on your island(s) etc. when you play game and choose tactic which consider that fact among other facts. This is especially important when you play versus other human players and it also make singleplayer continuum game more interesting, because there are so many different ways to do things and more challenge (which is very good and important thing).

But in that case that there have to be some way to load mineral bases that each island hold (like at least 2070 had with reseach option), it should be really expensive or something similar, so expensive that it would make you consider is it even worth of it (in practical level it could be for example some new technology that allow you mine deeper etc. and even in that case it would be better if it only give you more time to get new minerals, but not unlimited minerals). But true to be told I am more fan of limited resources per Island, it just add so much more strategies to game, force you expand (to new islands) more aggressively etc.

AgmasGold
12-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Just wanted to mention that unlimited resources have been confirmed for 1800. The main limitation will be that you can only mine specific resources at specific sites (more like 1701 and 1404).

OptimaForma
02-04-2018, 02:21 AM
No continous mode?? No sale!

Also everything else this dude said is legit.

ruuti0
02-04-2018, 12:06 PM
No continous mode?? No sale!

Also everything else this dude said is legit.

What??

I said that I like it and want it back!

Or do you mean that you didn't like it? I am confused now :rolleyes:

AgmasGold
02-04-2018, 12:09 PM
They have talked about customisability and the ability to tweak a lot of settings in the AnnoCast stream, and we know that there will be some random map gen (not like 2205). They have also said that the campaign will be integrated into the main game, and won't be a separate entity.

Although nothing has been confirmed, this leads me to believe that the main game itself will be the continuous mode.

stylisticsagi
02-05-2018, 11:10 AM
i completly agree the game MUST have a continues mode with lots of options.
But i also think the dev's will know this and act accordingly to it.

a nice story is also good but the un part is a game like anno can easely create a simple story wich can still offer much much time to complete

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 06:03 PM
But i also think the dev's will know this and act accordingly to it.

Did somebody ask about it or did they tell it somewhere like Discord so far?

Because I myself haven't found that information anywhere.

Just little bit worried that does they really know that we like to get it back, because I haven't read about it anywere! :confused:

AgmasGold
02-05-2018, 06:21 PM
No, there hasn't been any official confirmation from BlueByte, or at least I haven't heard anything.

I think the main game mode will play very similarly to a continuous game though, based on what they have said so far, even if they haven't confirmed a continuous mode itself.

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 09:13 PM
No, there hasn't been any official confirmation from BlueByte, or at least I haven't heard anything.

I think the main game mode will play very similarly to a continuous game though, based on what they have said so far, even if they haven't confirmed a continuous mode itself.

I think you are right.

I read today all news (for second time) in archive and didn't find any answer to that question that do we get continuous mode.

Even multiplayer games change nature if they aren't played in continuous mode.

And if we got continuous mode, how are campaigns integrated to it? That is second big question.

stylisticsagi
02-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Well if we look at all the previous anno games the campaign will be a series of continues games with a pre setup and complete (side)questline.
Usually you have around 5/6 quest wich in the end makes you build a medium size city and then the story continues on another map.

Continues mode itself will be the start of several diffrent choices about the map, goals and starting items and then you start in that map and you can do whatever you want or you try to achieve the goals you made yourself. Multiplayer will most probably work in the same way.
Not that this is haw it was on all previous annos apart from 2205.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED
but i have a very strong feeling they will return to this setup.

AgmasGold
02-06-2018, 06:34 PM
It has been confirmed that the campaign will be integrated into the game, and won't be a standalone set of missions, as in older games. See this thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1833935-Confirmed-Features-and-Already-Answered-Questions-For-Anno-1800?p=13300814#post13300814) (I've just added in the information about the campaign).

stylisticsagi
02-06-2018, 07:07 PM
hmmm so you are always affected by what you do in other games or do i understand this wrong?
I have to see i didn't look far into anno 2205 so i'm not very familiar with this system.

AgmasGold
02-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Basically, it means that the campaign won't be a set of standalone missions, like in 1404/2070. The campaign will be part of the games "continuous" mode.

ruuti0
02-08-2018, 05:46 PM
But if they are integrated to continunous mode, can you jump to campaign missions during "normal" game?

I wish we get soon next Discord discussion so we can ask that is continunous mode coming back and if yes: how campagns are integrated to it.

AgmasGold
02-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how that will work. Maybe you won't be able to "skip to" certain parts of the campaign.

stylisticsagi
02-09-2018, 04:31 PM
hmmm wel i guess it's alright at least if once you have done the campaign it will not return every time again going trough the same story over and over again.

AgmasGold
02-09-2018, 05:33 PM
No, you won't have to do it every time you restart :) . It has been confirmed that you will be able to toggle it on and off.

iruet
02-09-2018, 07:39 PM
If it is in continious mode, you can just let the tutorial be a story you have to follow each time, and sometimes you can make choices yourself, which affect the gameplay :)

So no game will be the same, unless you make the same choices

ruuti0
02-09-2018, 08:40 PM
No, you won't have to do it every time you restart :) . It has been confirmed that you will be able to toggle it on and off.

That sound interesting, so you can play continunous game and toggle campaign on and off and get back to continunous game you were in? That sound nice!

iruet
02-10-2018, 11:38 AM
It does, but what happens if the toggle button is broken? :(

AgmasGold
02-10-2018, 12:19 PM
That will hopefully be something BB will pick up in testing. The feeling I got from what they said, was that you would be able to toggle it on/off before starting the game, but when its started you'd have to keep it that way. This is just how I feel like it would work, it makes sense to me, so this isn't proven, or based of anything more that BB have said.

iruet
02-10-2018, 12:57 PM
That will hopefully be something BB will pick up in testing. The feeling I got from what they said, was that you would be able to toggle it on/off before starting the game, but when its started you'd have to keep it that way. This is just how I feel like it would work, it makes sense to me, so this isn't proven, or based of anything more that BB have said.

Before the game makes sense, but that sounds like when u are playing, you can't change those settings, which would be a shame if you ask me, for me it's best if you either can't toggle it or only can toggle it when you are actually in that game playing

ruuti0
02-10-2018, 02:09 PM

If it before starting game, does it mean that certain save games have it and certain not?

Or that it doesn't dependence on game save, just that if you put it on before game?

Or what you meant?

AgmasGold
02-10-2018, 05:27 PM
I meant certain save games having it, and certain save games not, but I just want to reiterate that BB haven't said anything about how the toggle will work, or how the campaign will be integrated. This is just a guess on my part. They have only said that the campaign will be integrated, and that you can "manually turn it off".

ruuti0
02-10-2018, 05:38 PM
I meant certain save games having it, and certain save games not, but I just want to reiterate that BB haven't said anything about how the toggle will work, or how the campaign will be integrated. This is just a guess on my part. They have only said that the campaign will be integrated, and that you can "manually turn it off".

Will be interesting to find out is there possibility activate campaign middle of multiplayer games too then :cool:

iruet
02-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Will be interesting to find out is there possibility activate campaign middle of multiplayer games too then :cool:

RIP all MP games :p

Would be fun if it enables it for everyone :D

ruuti0
02-14-2018, 06:22 PM
RIP all MP games :p

Would be fun if it enables it for everyone :D

Obviously there must be some block for mp (would be super weird if you just winning opponent and destroying him and he on last moment 'call campaign' lol), unless there are some co-op campaigns that you can do with multiplayer mode. Co-op mode campaigns would be something interesting add too. They worked great in Dying Light which of course is totally different kind of game, but I cannot find any reason why they wouldn't work in Anno too

dmdilks
02-15-2018, 04:16 AM
I am surely not only one who wish that you would bring back old gameplay which you had from Anno 1602 to Anno 2070.

The only problem with this is after 1701. Ubisoft took complete control of the game. 1602, 1502, 1701, & parts 1404 were from the old Sunflower days. After 1404 yes Blue Byte still might have some say but not like when it was Sunflower.

I have been here from the old Sunflower days. Plus I still had a link to their forums too. But I just check and they must have close it down. Yes it would be nice if they would go back to the roots of 1602 to 1404.

ruuti0
02-15-2018, 12:01 PM
The only problem with this is after 1701. Ubisoft took complete control of the game. 1602, 1502, 1701, & parts 1404 were from the old Sunflower days. After 1404 yes Blue Byte still might have some say but not like when it was Sunflower.

I have been here from the old Sunflower days. Plus I still had a link to their forums too. But I just check and they must have close it down. Yes it would be nice if they would go back to the roots of 1602 to 1404.

Can you be more precise that what you want back from old Sunflower days.

I have myself also played all Anno games, first time I played Anno game in 1998 and I still find them as best game series ever made :cool:

iruet
02-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Can you be more precise that what you want back from old Sunflower days.

I have myself also played all Anno games, first time I played Anno game in 1998 and I still find them as best game series ever made :cool:

What I like about anno is that is not the usual PvP, MMROPG game... It's somthing which you need to you use your mind for. I don't care if it is the old gamestyle... I just want something which is as good as the old gamestyle, maybe they have improved the gamestyle meanwhile, which can be good (or bad...) :D

ruuti0
02-16-2018, 11:27 PM
maybe they have improved the gamestyle meanwhile, which can be good (or bad...) :D

When meanwhile?

You mean now before Anno 1800?