PDA

View Full Version : poll: best way to use gladiator

matt89connor
09-08-2017, 08:57 AM
titile

CheekyKemosabe
09-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I've been playing the gladiator for about two weeks now and so far, at least to me, I've found one successful strategy.

So keep in mind this is coming from someone who's had very little play time as this hero.

In a duel/brawl it's best if I use the bee sting to poke at them and determine how fast their reflexes are. From there I use the light heavy combo, alternating directions of each attack. Using the toe stab intermittently to throw them off. Then i'll use the light down heavy charge to cause bleed and use that to put them against a wall for another free hit. If there's no wall, I just keep them there to get the full bleed effect going. It's always good to remember that you can feint the charged UB. The timing of which, however, i'm still not 100% familiar with. I always like to start with the sprint attack and intentionally make it miss so that I can go straight into the shield bash.

In 4v4 modes like dominion, I don't necessarily focus on killing my opponent if the whole of both teams are there. It's best to support your team by throwing in toe stabs and UB to make sure the opponent stays stuck in place for whatever your ally is throwing at them. If you're getting ganked, do your best to block while keeping in mind that it is an assassin class and has a limited guard stance. If you can parry that's also very good. attack only when your opponents give you an opening to safely attack and don't be afraid to activate that revenge and go for the zone attack, especially if one opponent is in range with low health.

for feats I use the bounty hunter, the trident throw, and the lions roar. (I forget what the second one is) these are good for that last push you need to win a match. The trident throw, like other throwable feats, are great for sniping somebody from across the map, knocking someone off of a ladder, or finishing off any opponent with the lowest health in a gank squad before pushing in to help your ally.

once again, this is from my limited experience using the gladiator and i'm sure others have better strategies but this is from what I've seen in the past two weeks.

DrinkinMehStella
09-08-2017, 10:57 AM
lots of feinting. feint heavy into dash light, feint heavy into GB, feint heavy into side light and toe stab, feint skewer into side light just basically feint into lights to chip away health and feint into zone. I win most of my matches by feinting a lot.

AnEnticingSquid
09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
( Rep 9 gladiator) Yeah like Stella said, feint all the time. The 2 best strategies I would say is:

1. Light->skewer feint-> light into toe stab. If they start to dodge your skewer, feint into gb instead. Same with the toe stab.

2. Punch->heavy feint->gb. It works on a lot of people but gets predictable so you really only have 1 shot with it. But that damage is worth it. Plus you can then go into your skewer mix up after the top heavy.

DrinkinMehStella
09-08-2017, 03:12 PM
also bare in mind that dash lights if blocked guarantees they get a free GB so thats why you use the feinting a lot to trick them in to changing their block stance.

mrmistark
09-09-2017, 01:17 AM
Usually I side light, heavy feint other side, light again other side into skewer. If they look like the dodge one way or the other I feint it into gb, if they dodge back it almost always catches them or they're too far to punish you regardless.

I sometimes cut out the normal heavy feint but do the same thing.

If I don't the above then instead of going into skewer at the end I do another heavy feint into skewer, or cut out the first heavy feint all together for the same thing: a light into heavy feint into toe stab.

Against quick dodge attack characters honestly I just light in different directions and become much more conscience of throwing heavies.

The rest is reactions and dodges. It is very rare I zone or punch. Punch doesn't seem to amazing: low stam drain, heavy after isn't any safer than a normal heavy. I only use zone as a finisher, going light into heavy feint into zone. It costs too much stam to throw out in random chains in my opinion.