PDA

View Full Version : I couldnt have said it better myself

Varangian_Wolf
09-08-2017, 02:05 AM
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/06/for-honor-updates/

If you haven't read this article yet, its under the news section in the For Honor tab on Steam.
Rich McCormick did a great job of describing the issues here. UBI if you read these forums then read this article.... you have some serious fixing and readdressing to do.

Tundra 793
09-08-2017, 02:15 AM
Honestly, he is completely right about everything.

RatedChaotic
09-08-2017, 03:23 AM
I agree with that article. Its why I uninstalled this game. Any real gamer would understand that. The pax video I watched was an epic disappointment to gaming and they should be ashamed. I would be. Its the French what do you expect?.......

Tundra 793
09-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Its the French what do you expect?.......

For Honor is developed by Ubisoft Montreal...

brashtralas
09-08-2017, 04:52 AM
I read it and...... I actually don't agree with him on much. I think he over-exaggerates to prove his point, and a few of his descriptions of playing paint him as someone unwilling to learn the basics.

Some stuff I agree on, but not too much.

PrimaGoosa
09-08-2017, 04:59 AM
I personally thought the article was too pandering to negative sentiments for page views. Too much focus on the name of the game as a mantra as to how all players should play the game, choosing the word "Honor", defining what it means to the reviewer himself, and then expecting every other player ever to hold to that same mentality. Ridiculous.

And most of his anecdotal review is whatever. So he killed a few people with light-spam. It's easy to recognize when players don't know how to play and crutch on their hero, and it is often fairly easy to beat them. If it works a few times, does it really matter in the long run? People put so much emphasis on each individual fight like it is the cosmic determination of someone's worth in the game/in life.

Connection issues are always an issue, they mentioned they are coming up with dedicated servers, that will come with its own downsides people seem completely blind to, the cycle continues.

CheekyKemosabe
09-08-2017, 06:33 AM
It seemed a bit dramatic but I can't argue what he's saying overall. The game has issues and it needs improvement, which ubi is working on. Everyone knows this.

KuroFurukou
09-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Completly in the sens of the article.
Of course it's negative because the game is in a very bad shape.

Not only the balance is absolutly broken with some character, but the old problems are still there. Revenge mode is still a giant "I win" button unless you are exploiting your **** out of the revenge mode with a centurion or gladiator.
Also learned about the wonderful fact that the tournament winner basicly exploited his way to victory. I seriously hope he did this to show the problems of the game and not for personnal gain. In the latter case, it would be more of a shame to be the winner then.

That article is SPOT ON on all the problems.

Charmzzz
09-08-2017, 08:07 AM
That article is SPOT ON on all the problems.

Spot on for a guy who jumped in after months, not knowing how parry, dodge, gb, revenge etc works, and refuses to "train" his skills like you have to in any other fighting game. Yeah, I agree with you on that. ;)

There is so much lack of knowledge in that article, e.g. how gear affects your character (the gap between a newb and a veteran got significantly smaller) or how he describes that parry and such are completely useless in Dominion. Like for real? I cannot count the moments I was in an outnumbered situation and by playing with patience and focusing on defending I came out victorious or at least kept being alive long enough for my mates to arrive. Same goes for the situations where I outnumber an enemy, if you play clever he does not get revenge 5 times. But if you just spam your attacks (like he said he does), well, sure the other guy gets revenge pretty often if he knows how to play.

Connection issues, yeah, that is really an annoying problem. But for me it only affects Dominion (where they implement dedicated servers soon), I rarely drop out of Duels / Brawls / Elimination.

On the balance, well, Ubi could be faster in balancing but in my opinion they are constantly improving the overall balance. And they rarely overnerf something. I like that approach and I cannot wait for the defensive meta addressing patch.

gj4063
09-08-2017, 03:43 PM
He's a bit hyperbolic, which should be expected since he's writing an opinion column, but his sentiment is spot on... this is how causal and new players see the game....horrid (relative to 99% of games) server stability, how classes are first perceived, wonky/cumbersome UI, lag impacting your ability to react, light spam vs. memorized attack sequences vs. cc spam.